2015 - Teatro Sociale in Como - 24 October : REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

Kumazzz

My short review of the amazing evening in Como!

This was one of the best concert I've ever been too and it was great to see Mika working with an orchestra. I've loved each song he sang and he was so happy that was heartwarming to see him like that. The arrangements were so good and also peculiar, that they suited song's lyrics and mood perfectly.

I couldn't ask for more :) hope he'll make more gigs like that :swoon:

Here're few short videos :)

Heroes

https://twitter.com/sarina_chan/status/658036961052139521

Any Other World

https://twitter.com/sarina_chan/status/658222332650090496

Overrated

https://twitter.com/sarina_chan/status/658227160205889536

Love You When I'm Drunk

https://twitter.com/sarina_chan/status/658227970922926080

Bonus

https://twitter.com/sarina_chan/status/658271982430126084

• Like 8

:thumb_yello: Thank you all SO much for great  reports - and a little, nice taste of the songs Sarina! :hug: I really can't wait till this concert is TV broadcasted - cause I rely on clever MFCers,  to be able to tape and share it here  :wink2: My dream is to have a DVD - but that would be a huge bonus!  :) Anyway, I once again feel sooo happy to be a devoted MIKA fan - it's very easy to be touched by this happening, even only by reading about it - and to experience it, omg - I hope you  realize how lucky you were - so happy for all of you ... :wub:  

Love,love

me 

• Like 2

Sounds lovely - but I'm surprised there's so little from NPIH. Although I suppose (I know nothing about music!) that hearing the orchestral version of the earlier songs would be more fun/interesting/refreshing. Hoping to hear lots of them.

This set list is virtually identical to the concerts in Montreal in February -- which was before the NPIH album came out. I guess they just didn't bother with arrangements for the new songs, since they had a complete show already put together. The only difference is the addition of Stardust as an encore.

I thought he mentioned a dvd in an italian or french interview. But who knows, maybe it was just a misinterpretation of the magazine, and/or mika's wishful thinking.

You could be right. It's just that I don't remember talk about a DVD, only that the concert would be televised. :dunno:

To attend Como concert was a privilege.
I risqued to miss all this... because the nightmare of tickets (it is now clear that italian fans are not considered as good fans... maybe we are too much, i don't know...)
But Mfcers friends saved me (thank you again) and the concert was a dream.

A dream for the historic theatre and the wonderfull orchestra, the professionalism and seriousness of the conductor Mister Leclerc, the classical arrangement of the songs (an amazing surprise) and also because Mika was really very good.
Maybe his voice was not always perfect but the interpretation was magic.
Or better... also the interpretation sometimes was too much theatrical but i appreciate the whole effort.
I saw in his eyes the expressions that maybe he learned when he studied opera. 
He returned the boy who learned to be a man when he started to work on classical music.
He was a singer, an entertainer and an actor. And in a serious way but also in a funny way. He also made the audience laugh with his usual irony. And he bewitched the audience standing at his place, without run, jump, scream and dance.
His deep voice was really a pleasure to hear.

The concert was a dream for me also because i could recover my dignity of fan.
Finally we were in a proper place designed for music and not in a "no-place" designed for sport and without a decent acoustics.
We were all seating, people around me and my friends fan was elegant and fragrant and they all did not look as homeless after a whole day spent in the queue.
No pushing, no sweat and, above all, no rumor!!! No scream, no whistles.

I'll tell you an anecdote. During Love Today (or maybe another song, it is not important) the audience started to clap in time, also because Mika does not resist not to incite the crowds, even if unawares.
Mister Leclerc turned and silence the audience!

Please Mister Leclerc, come to all concerts and prevent the histerical shouts of teenagers girls!!

I know what you, dear Mfcers, and maybe what Mika himself think... Mika music is pop and pop means standing concerts, shamanistic ritual between artist and crowd, crazy audience, dance and fun.
And i'm sure Mika prefere an audience who sing, clap and sweats with him.
But i'm an old lady, i still think that music must be heard! Heard in the silence. And also i think  that it is possible enjoy a gig dancing gently in our own seat and not  necessarily only jumping.

Anyway since i'm not so "old lady" maybe the happy medium is a concert (in a concert hall and not in a sports hall) with seating or standing people who enjoy the gig without pushing, who don't scream but who sing in choir. And if an entire orchestra is too much expensive i can be satisfied by some violinists... like the Song of Sorrow tour on 2009.

Good job Mister Mika. Please give us a lot of these magic nights (possibly with a presale for fans)
I don't like to embrace strangers but probably yesterday you deserved an hug and congratulations.
It did not happen and now your time for an hug is over. 
But.. your time to fill your career with events as special as the yesterday night one is still valid.

Cara Allegra -- I've quoted your entire post because it was so sweet. :wub2: I'm so glad that you were able to attend the concert and totally agree with you that we need more like this. It sounds like Mika agrees, too, based on what he's said in some recent interviews. Let's keep our fingers crossed! :crossed:

• Like 4

Qtime

http://www.qtime.it/12497-fiori-e-standing-ovation-al-teatro-sociale-per-mika-blindato-da-sky/

Fiori e standing ovation al Teatro Sociale per Mika blindato da Sky

mika-como24.jpg

È sold out da settimane, probabilmente dal minuto dopo in cui i biglietti sono stati messi in vendita e molte persone hanno fatto ore e ore di fila per acquistarne uno, al massimo due. È il live di Mika che ieri sera ha invaso il Teatro Sociale promettendo una serata magica. “È il quindicesimo concerto a cui assisto – dice Gabriella Budrito, membro del Fan Club ufficiale – vengo dal Piemonte e sono riuscita a trovare i biglietti all’ultimo minuto”. “Lo seguiamo ovunque possiamo – racconta entusiasta Denise Zaccagni -spero canti Origin of love, la mia canzone preferita. Mika è una persona fantastica, questo concerto sinfonico sarà un’esperienza magica”.

mika-como28.jpg

Sinfonico perché il giudice di X Factor è accompagnato dall’orchestra “Affinis Concort” diretta da Simon Leclerc. Fuori dal Sociale la coda aumenta, c’è chi porta striscioni, chi ha scritto il nome di Mika sulla faccia e chi, addirittura, porta un mazzo di fiori. “Lo seguo dal 2007 – dice Melissa Cesana – e questi fiori sono per lui, ma non è tutto, contengono in regalo speciale (un segreto a quanto pare)”. “Dopo il concerto di Montreal non aspettavo altro – continua Elisa Victoria – le sue canzoni arrangiate dall’orchestra sono uniche, una forma d’arte rara e speciale”. Ci sono famiglie, giovani, adulti e bambini, insomma Mika sembra avere il grande pregio di riunire più generazioni. “Sono qui con la famiglia – dice Paolo Bianchi, accompagnato da moglie e due figli – credo sia valsa la pena stare in coda tre ore per i biglietti, questa è una grande occasione per stare insieme e godersi un vero spettacolo”.

mika-como.jpg

E poi “si aprono i cancelli” e la magia ha inizio. Ma attenzione, vietato fare foto, video, registrazioni audio. Ah, e togliete tutti gli striscioni dalle balconate altrimenti il concerto non avrà inizio. Avete capito bene. Il concerto, registrato in esclusiva da Sky per essere messo in onda sulla stessa rete entro la fine dell’anno, sembra escludere qualsiasi interazione con il pubblico. Mika entra in uno dei suoi inconfondibili completi ricamati, saluta il pubblico con un cenno, si inchina, inizia a cantare. Non un saluto, non un classico “Ciao, Come stai Como?”, nessuna entrata da rock (o forse sarebbe meglio dire pop) star, niente. Qualcuno urla “Mika sei un figo!”, lui sorride, fa finta di allentare il nodo della cravatta e poi un ironico “Shut Up”. Forse è umano essere assaliti dal dubbio: è tutta colpa di Sky? Il pubblico deve solo riempire il teatro per fare da sfondo? Chi non vorrebbe fare almeno una foto o registrare la sua canzone preferita? Alla fine è anche questo il significato di un concerto, prendere più ricordi possibili, cantare a  squarciagola, tributare una standing ovation al proprio idolo, e svegliarsi completamente afoni la mattina successiva. Quel che è certo è che questo si scoprirà solo quando il concerto verrà trasmesso in tv. Mika prima.

post-18723-0-68910300-1445815598_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-63292700-1445815607_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-29789400-1445815617_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Il Canturino News

http://www.canturino.com/cultura/musica-eccezionale-mika-al-sociale-di-como-fan-in-delirio

MUSICA – Eccezionale Mika al Sociale di Como, fan in delirio domenica, 25 ottobre 2015

COMO – Standing ovation e tripudio al Teatro Sociale di Como, dove Mika si è esibito ieri sera in un concerto unico, appositamente creato per la città lariana.

Accompagnato dall’orchestra Affinis Consort, diretta dal compositore canadese Simon Leclerc, il cantante inglese si è esibito con 20 pezzi, ri-arrangiati grazie a Leclerc e alla perfetta esecuzione degli 86 elementi dell’orchestra tra strumentisti e coristi, con il palco del Sociale riempito in ogni angolo di posto, capeggiato in punta da Mika, che si è trovato di fronte un teatro completamente esaurito.

L’inizio è stato forse leggermente freddo, il pubblico composto da moltissimi ragazzi si è trovato spiazzato da alcune richieste dell’organizzazione, come il divieto di tenere gli striscioni in balconata, e ci sono volute tre o quattro canzoni prima che lo stesso Mika, evidentemente emozionato, accogliesse le “urla” che pian piano si alzavano dal pubblico, prendendo la parola e ammettendo che le regole di un’esecuzione sinfonica imporrebbero di non parlare, “ma io un po’ voglio parlare”, ha detto il cantante, facendo entrare finalmente il pubblico nel vivo, che non aspettava altro che una sua parola.

Da quel momento è stato un crescendo, la naturale simpatia e semplicità dell’artista nato a Beirut hanno sempre più coinvolto gli spettatori e si è concesso più spesso, parlando delle proprie canzoni e dando vita a non poche battute che hanno creato un contorno unico. Vero, in un teatro d’opera ci sono delle regole, ma la forza di questo concerto è stata proprio quella di unire tanti elementi di mondi differenti (la sacralità del teatro, dove durante le canzoni si ascolta in silenzio, e gli applausi e le urla dei fan, cui Mika rispondeva, tipici dei concerti nei palazzetti), a volte quasi mettendo in “difficoltà” il maestro Simon Leclerc, che non sapeva quando dare il via alla musica per via degli applausi e scambi di battute tra pubblico e artista.

La meravigliosa Any Other World, le francesi Boum Boum e Elle Me Dit, le classiche Relax, Happy Ending e Grace Kelly; tutte le canzoni erano sì riconoscibili ma allo stesso tempo completamente diverse grazie all’orchestra sinfonica, consentendo a Mika (qualora ce ne fosse bisogno) di mostrare ed esibire tutta l’estensione e flessibilità vocale di cui è dotato. E tutto questo è stato ripreso dalle telecamere di Sky, che entro la fine dell’anno dovrebbe trasmettere il concerto.

Unica nota negativa, la triste (solita) situazione italiana sulla questione biglietti; il bagarinaggio è tollerato e se il biglietto è stato inizialmente acquistato legalmente, rivenderlo ad un prezzo maggiorato non è reato. Ma quando su internet saltano fuori ticket al prezzo di 500 euro, bisognerebbe riflettere sulla situazione e agire di conseguenza.

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 2

Unica nota negativa, la triste (solita) situazione italiana sulla questione biglietti; il bagarinaggio è tollerato e se il biglietto è stato inizialmente acquistato legalmente, rivenderlo ad un prezzo maggiorato non è reato. Ma quando su internet saltano fuori ticket al prezzo di 500 euro, bisognerebbe riflettere sulla situazione e agire di conseguenza.

On Viagogo, they tried (and succeded? don't know) to sell for 1500 euros  :facepalm:

• Like 1

It's difficult to wake up after a good dream, especially when everything happened for real. Yeah, I'm talking about the marvellous and unforgettable gig in Como where for the first time I could appreciate without screams or electronic advices only his voice and the beautiful sound of a real orchestra.

For a moment, I didn't know where to look: the orchestra? The chorus? The conductor? The back vocals? Or just Mika? I was overwhelmed by everything around me. It was like stepping back in time, when I was a little girl of 17 years at my first concert at the Franco Parenti theatre: I focused again on the nuances of his voice: his falsetto, his vocal timbre as baritone during Ordinary Man... He's a real performer, he doesn't need enormous stage sets of million dollars to enchant people. Just give him a piano and he can trap you into his world for two whole hours.

I'm totally agree with what Allegra said. That night he went back to when he sang opera at 10-11 years only this time he didn't interpret a work of Strauss but rather his work conducted by one of the greatest conductors of this period. He admitted that at the beginning he was very nervous and with an attentive ear, you could hear that in the beginning he was very tense but sincerely even with small imperfections the gig was the best one EVER! I felt his performances during some songs very strong...very "heartfelt" and in some I also conveyed his melancholy and sadness almost pain like for example Underwater or Happy Ending or Heroes (one of the best song I've ever heard!!). There were moments where he marked more some phrases of the songs almost as if the public had to dwell on them in order to truly understand the meaning of them. Of course, there were even comic moments where we laughed with him or for example in BBB he started to dance forgetting for a second that he were in a theatre :teehee:

By the way, I feel very lucky to be there and I think that I will never forget an evening like that... I really hope that he'll make a symphonic tour cause everyone in my opinion should have the opportunity to listen how powerful and strong  the voice of Mika is.

• Like 11

I wrote my report of the concert

http://mikagigs.com/2015/10/26/mika-teatro-sociale-in-como-italy-102015/

and made a little photo gallery of our day in Como (but no photos of the concert, sorry, just a few about the venue and the fans)

http://mikagigs.com/2015/10/26/traveling-events-people-como-italy/

And I'm so sorry for everyone who couldn't be there. It was obvious that most the tickets were given away, many people seemed to know each other, shaking hands here and there and I saw press as well. 

Edited by tiibet
  • Like 8

Qtime

http://www.qtime.it/12497-fiori-e-standing-ovation-al-teatro-sociale-per-mika-blindato-da-sky/

mika-como24.jpg

È sold out da settimane, probabilmente dal minuto dopo in cui i biglietti sono stati messi in vendita e molte persone hanno fatto ore e ore di fila per acquistarne uno, al massimo due. È il live di Mika che ieri sera ha invaso il Teatro Sociale promettendo una serata magica. “È il quindicesimo concerto a cui assisto – dice Gabriella Budrito, membro del Fan Club ufficiale – vengo dal Piemonte e sono riuscita a trovare i biglietti all’ultimo minuto”. “Lo seguiamo ovunque possiamo – racconta entusiasta Denise Zaccagni -spero canti Origin of love, la mia canzone preferita. Mika è una persona fantastica, questo concerto sinfonico sarà un’esperienza magica”.

mika-como28.jpg

Sinfonico perché il giudice di X Factor è accompagnato dall’orchestra “Affinis Concort” diretta da Simon Leclerc. Fuori dal Sociale la coda aumenta, c’è chi porta striscioni, chi ha scritto il nome di Mika sulla faccia e chi, addirittura, porta un mazzo di fiori. “Lo seguo dal 2007 – dice Melissa Cesana – e questi fiori sono per lui, ma non è tutto, contengono in regalo speciale (un segreto a quanto pare)”. “Dopo il concerto di Montreal non aspettavo altro – continua Elisa Victoria – le sue canzoni arrangiate dall’orchestra sono uniche, una forma d’arte rara e speciale”. Ci sono famiglie, giovani, adulti e bambini, insomma Mika sembra avere il grande pregio di riunire più generazioni. “Sono qui con la famiglia – dice Paolo Bianchi, accompagnato da moglie e due figli – credo sia valsa la pena stare in coda tre ore per i biglietti, questa è una grande occasione per stare insieme e godersi un vero spettacolo”.

mika-como.jpg

E poi “si aprono i cancelli” e la magia ha inizio. Ma attenzione, vietato fare foto, video, registrazioni audio. Ah, e togliete tutti gli striscioni dalle balconate altrimenti il concerto non avrà inizio. Avete capito bene. Il concerto, registrato in esclusiva da Sky per essere messo in onda sulla stessa rete entro la fine dell’anno, sembra escludere qualsiasi interazione con il pubblico. Mika entra in uno dei suoi inconfondibili completi ricamati, saluta il pubblico con un cenno, si inchina, inizia a cantare. Non un saluto, non un classico “Ciao, Come stai Como?”, nessuna entrata da rock (o forse sarebbe meglio dire pop) star, niente. Qualcuno urla “Mika sei un figo!”, lui sorride, fa finta di allentare il nodo della cravatta e poi un ironico “Shut Up”. Forse è umano essere assaliti dal dubbio: è tutta colpa di Sky? Il pubblico deve solo riempire il teatro per fare da sfondo? Chi non vorrebbe fare almeno una foto o registrare la sua canzone preferita? Alla fine è anche questo il significato di un concerto, prendere più ricordi possibili, cantare a  squarciagola, tributare una standing ovation al proprio idolo, e svegliarsi completamente afoni la mattina successiva. Quel che è certo è che questo si scoprirà solo quando il concerto verrà trasmesso in tv. Mika prima.

Scary pic the reporter did, LMAO! And, she was "creative" about what we said... :naughty: 

• Like 2

:thumb_yello: Thanks again, lovely ladies - for more wonderful reports from Como! :hug: I'm bursting with pride!!  :naughty:  :wub: And I couldn't agree more than what's said about a symphonic tour,  for our golden MIKA - the best singer and performer in the world !!  :fisch::wub:  That would be nothing less than HEAVEN - so let's hope and pray it really happens... :fisch:  

Love,love

me 

So here comes my little Report. I was able to attend this gig because Mellody was so kind to buy me a ticket while I was queueing in Lyon, again thank you for giving me the Chance to experience one of the most special evenings in my life :flowers2:

After 11 hours on six trains I arrived in Como on Friday evening and spent the evening with Nina. On Saturday we enjoyed the beautiful weather at the lake and did a walk through the Little City which is so so so beautiful. Before the gig we met MFC´iers and Robertina brought us all to a Restaurant where we spent some time together talking, eating and drinking. Then it was time to go to the theatre and search for my place. I sat on the 5th balcony in frontrow and had a fantastic view on stage. Only problem was to overcome my fear of the hight but as soon as the musicians came on stage I didn´t have time to think about any fear.

As other said before me Mika was great, his voice was so beautiful, his perfomance so lovely and I really enjoyed every second of the whole concert. Of course I felt sorry for the people who couldn´t attend especially when I saw the empty chairs on the groundfloor. When I saw children bring in the posters I was afraid they would ruin the filming for the concert and I was relieved to see they removed them very soon after showing them to Mika. I nearly started laughing because it was so ridicoclous to see Max standing beside this tall tall tall woman, he looked like a small child beside his big mother......

For me OMS wasn´t the best I´ve ever heard because I didn´t like this female singer´s voice, I think it would have been so much better with Max. I always wanted to hear Overrated and I am so happy I could see him perform it there. Heroes was beyond words.

After the concert hundreds of people were waiting for Mika but in the end around 50 people stayed and we were able to build a proper line until Mika came out of the door with both Dogs. I never will understand why people feel the need to jump at him as soon as they see him...... staying in line he would have had the chance to get to everyone.......Btw the Greec woman who was contestant for XF and couldn´t sing any word was there again and in the end she managed to kiss him in the car.

Edited by Sabine64
  • Like 10

So here comes my little Report. I was able to attend this gig because Mellody was so kind to buy me a ticket while I was queueing in Lyon, again thank you for giving me the Chance to experience one of the most special evenings in my life :flowers2:

After 11 hours on six trains I arrived in Como on Friday evening and spent the evening with Nina. On Saturday we enjoyed the beautiful weather at the lake and did a walk through the Little City which is so so so beautiful. Before the gig we met MFC´iers and Robertina brought us all to a Restaurant where we spent some time together talking, eating and drinking. Then it was time to go to the theatre and search for my place. I sat on the 5th balcony in frontrow and had a fantastic view on stage. Only problem was to overcome my fear of the hight but as soon as the musicians came on stage I didn´t have time to think about any fear.

As other said before me Mika was great, his voice was so beautiful, his perfomance so lovely and I really enjoyed every second of the whole concert. Of course I felt sorry for the people who couldn´t attend especially when I saw the empty chairs on the groundfloor. When I saw children bring in the posters I was afraid they would ruin the filming for the concert and I was relieved to see they removed them very soon after showing them to Mika. I nearly started laughing because it was so ridicoclous to see Max standing beside this tall tall tall woman, he looked like a small child beside his big mother......

For me OMS wasn´t the best I´ve ever heard because I didn´t like this female singer´s voice, I think it would have been so much better with Max. I always wanted to hear Overrated and I am so happy I could see him perform it there. Heroes was beyond words.

After the concert hundreds of people were waiting for Mika but in the end around 50 people stayed and we were able to build a proper line until Mika came out of the door with both Dogs. I never will understand why people feel the need to jump at him as soon as they see him...... staying in line he would have had the chance to get to everyone.......Btw the Greec woman who was contestant for XF and couldn´t sing any word was there again and in the end she managed to kiss him in the car.

Max also sang at OSM. I loved Ida's voice during those concerts. I had never heard her sing live before. Max's voice also blended well 

EDIT: hahahahahaha OMS... not OSM :doh:

• Like 1

I do not have any snazzy dress, but somehow something decent popped up while switching my clothes from summer wardrobe to winter one, so I took it a little further and I added heels and looked for a long lost bag. Both shoes and bag are still not very posh, but you'll never see me better than that. At least I didn't look like a boy. :shun:
Also, I gathered all the meds I bought to be sure to be fine in London, thank God the border patrol didn't get suspicious on that, I was very close to look like a dealer. I just couldn't give up to my super pro winter jacket. I was not going to freeze just to show off some stupid coat.

Intention: going to Como early, enjoy the place, sightseeing, meeting people, having fun, attending the gig, having some more fun chatting with people after it, while waiting for the man to (not) come out.

What happened: the damn car had a broken light, so I spent the morning trying to find someone to fix it, left after lunch feeling a little sick (I've been feeling bad for days, but you don't surround to some bad ass sore throat when you cannot call in sick at work and you have a ticket for Como gig). Struggled to prevent Como crazy drivers to bump into my car, struggled even more to find a parking spot, had the ultimate proof that every Chiara navigator system is totally worthless, when not a nuisance. Saw the lake! Which actually means drove by it while multitasking on the things I just mentioned. Eventually parked, yay, and walked downtown to finally meet peeps and have dinner. Actually felt a bit overwhelmed since I was feeling worse and my social skills decrease as my temperature increase. Took some nice pics from the restaurant terrace. Left cause I wasn't able to cope anymore, not to mention to speak, took some more pics of the venue by night.
When I finally got into the theatre, feeling like Sissi the princess being surrended by all that gold and red, my voice was long gone, but it's not like I would have needed it. You don't sing along in such a concert. You shut the #### up. You don't ruin your unique experience and everybody else's around you. You only want to listen to his voice.
It's so different from usual, it's more rounded, more complete. My English is not good enough to describe it, but the word I naturally came up with is "glorious". The whole thing was. I'm not used to any of it, so probably this is why I am so impressed. The beauty of the threatre, all those musicians playing together, the sound itself. That word popped in my mind during "Heroes", which is usually a song I like on an average level, but not my fav for sure. I totally loved Overrated, Drunk, Happy Ending and some others, but that was no surprise. I already knew I would.
I didn't expect to go woah on Heroes. But I did. It tells how much songs are different than usual in such a gig.
I spent the whole gig trying to fully listen to that voice and that sound, as I was aware that no recording can save that, although I couldn't help myself and I did dub many songs and slightly danced. Like, I was gently shaking my head and shoulders. What can you do. I'll always be a little peasant, no matter how much you cover it with heels and velvet.
For some weird reason, I was not even totally annoyed by people yelling at him and holding boards for him to read them. It did not happen much and it was like a fil rouge connecting this enchanted world with the real one he comes from. We all come from. Like a Converse popping up under a Valentino suit. Well, at times the XF Converse got too blatant but it was overall ok.
Every time a song ended, I was looking at the musicians in horror, fearing to see them stop, but they kept picking up new scores. Thank God.
To cut a long story short, I knew I should have gone to Como no matter what, and I was right.
It was mind blowing and I'll remember it for like forever.
I wasn't well enough to schmooze, although I'm very happy to have met some people (I do, I promise), but I was fine enough not to miss the gig and I could enjoy every second of it. I did not enjoy very much waiting for him after that, cause it was a little hectic, long, and I wasn't able to speak anymore so I did not chat. I realize that I actually was a bit of a loner, but whatever. Friends will understand.
When he finally got out, he did stop. Well, that was an unexpected surprise, like Heroes. I take it that the Sky cameraman holding a pro camera and another one swinging a huge fluffly mic were the actual reasons why, but in Italy we say "you don't go picky on the horse mouth, when the horse comes for free" :biggrin2:
He wasn't really chatty, I think, but I managed to tell him how much I liked the gig (which I usually don't do, but this time was different), then my dog trainer attitude took over and I told him that Amira was targeting a toy someone bring for the dogs. He replied but I can't remember what he said, for the life of mine.
I left immediately after, so I don't know how the rest of it went.
This is how my special Mika week ended, after London, after Faccia a Faccia, after Como: having biscuits and Nutella at 5 a.m. , along with a hot beverage/drug against the cold, which was helpless. I reckon Nutella makes it so.
I even tried to go to work today, but I had to call in sick. First time in ages. It's time for some bad ass antibiotics :hoover: , but I regret nothing. :boing:

Edited by Elwendin
  • Like 10

I don't have much more to add to the previous detailed reports,I simply feel honored that I was there to witness this special event  :wub:  Everything was perfect,at least for my taste : no queue,nice outfits,amazing intimate and SEATED venue,a symphonic orchestra,and Mika's astonishing voice.A perfect combination! The only inconvenient,imo,was the lack of age restriction. I've never seen so many kids at a Mika gig,over 16 would have been more appropriate for this kind of show. Maybe this way more mfc-ers would have had the opportunity to get a ticket,and enjoy for real the event.... Anyway,I really hope he'll find the resources to do more concerts in the future,would be great!

I am also very glad that I got the opportunity to meet for the first time many nice MFC-ers that I wanted to meet for ages,and to see again familiar faces  :bye:

Edited by krysady
  • Like 8

With a really stroke of luck, after the Adelphi Theatre in London, I found two tickets for the Mika's concert at the Teatro Sociale in Como... Mika with an a symphony orchestra... A dream come true! How many emotions when he sings for the first time for me live, Overrated, Love You When I'm Drunk and Heores! I loved also the other songs like Happy Ending, Ordinary man, Good guys, Last Party, Make You Happy, Grace Kelly, Relax, Stardust, etc... What a magical context! I'm very happy to being there! ❤

Before the show with the other members of the MFC I went to the pub near the theatre... And after the concert he signs me the phone! A wonderful perfect evening! :) :) :)

post-25071-0-67614400-1445891759_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-13964900-1445891781_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-39220500-1445891843_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-37567700-1445891898_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-92331600-1445891927_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-88440200-1445891944_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-07794900-1445891973_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-87496500-1445892000_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-44598000-1445892029_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-64351000-1445892051_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-24703600-1445892070_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-89399200-1445892090_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-72661600-1445892414_thumb.png

post-25071-0-99516200-1445892436_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-08161000-1445892464_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-83715500-1445892482_thumb.png

Edited by Gabry74
  • Like 4

Qtime

mika-como24.jpg

È sold out da settimane, probabilmente dal minuto dopo in cui i biglietti sono stati messi in vendita e molte persone hanno fatto ore e ore di fila per acquistarne uno, al massimo due. È il live di Mika che ieri sera ha invaso il Teatro Sociale promettendo una serata magica. “È il quindicesimo concerto a cui assisto – dice Gabriella Budrito, membro del Fan Club ufficiale – vengo dal Piemonte e sono riuscita a trovare i biglietti all’ultimo minuto”. “Lo seguiamo ovunque possiamo – racconta entusiasta Denise Zaccagni -spero canti Origin of love, la mia canzone preferita. Mika è una persona fantastica, questo concerto sinfonico sarà un’esperienza magica”.

mika-como28.jpg

mika-como.jpg

E poi “si aprono i cancelli” e la magia ha inizio. Ma attenzione, vietato fare foto, video, registrazioni audio. Ah, e togliete tutti gli striscioni dalle balconate altrimenti il concerto non avrà inizio. Avete capito bene. Il concerto, registrato in esclusiva da Sky per essere messo in onda sulla stessa rete entro la fine dell’anno, sembra escludere qualsiasi interazione con il pubblico. Mika entra in uno dei suoi inconfondibili completi ricamati, saluta il pubblico con un cenno, si inchina, inizia a cantare. Non un saluto, non un classico “Ciao, Come stai Como?”, nessuna entrata da rock (o forse sarebbe meglio dire pop) star, niente. Qualcuno urla “Mika sei un figo!”, lui sorride, fa finta di allentare il nodo della cravatta e poi un ironico “Shut Up”. Forse è umano essere assaliti dal dubbio: è tutta colpa di Sky? Il pubblico deve solo riempire il teatro per fare da sfondo? Chi non vorrebbe fare almeno una foto o registrare la sua canzone preferita? Alla fine è anche questo il significato di un concerto, prendere più ricordi possibili, cantare a squarciagola, tributare una standing ovation al proprio idolo, e svegliarsi completamente afoni la mattina successiva. Quel che è certo è che questo si scoprirà solo quando il concerto verrà trasmesso in tv. Mika prima.

My Surname is Bodrito and not Budrito! ;) Edited by Gabry74
  • Like 1

Scary pic the reporter did, LMAO! And, she was "creative" about what we said... :naughty:

Che poi hanno scritto Budrito invece di Bodrito e ho visto Mika una quindicina di volte, una decina per i concerti e le altre per trasmissioni varie! Ma hanno fatto un tutt'uno e via! ;)

I take it that the Sky cameraman holding a pro camera and another one swinging a huge fluffly mic were the actual reasons why, but in Italy we say "you don't go picky on the horse mouth, when the horse comes for free" :biggrin2:

We say "don't look a gift horse in the mouth". :naughty:

Oh, the actual italian saying is exactly the same 

"a caval donato non si guarda in bocca". 

:yes:

Yes it must be a direct translation from some other language because it's very awkward English. Also awkward is the other phrase you used...should be "for the life of me". It's an idiom and doesn't make grammatical sense as a normal English phrase.

• Like 1