2015 - Teatro Sociale in Como - 24 October : REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

Kumazzz

I could not watch it, but I recorded it: thank you, Eriko, for the tips you gave me :thumb_yello: . My file is quite large and I missed a couple of songs because of a slow connection, but if no other recording is available I can share mine. Better than nothing, at least while we are waiting the DVD  :wink2:

Yes please! :yes:  I couldn' watch it.

I've just seen the Sky's video, I only have one word: Waouh !!! I thing all the songs were on the video, even if Toy boy was in the middle instead of the beggining (but I wasn't in Como so maybe it was like this...). I fell in love with Love you when I'm drunk but I have to admit that all the songs were wonderful ! I can't wait to have the dvd ! :D

I was in Como. He performed Toy boy at the beginning, but he sang it again after the break because he said that the first version wasn't good.

• Like 1

It was so good! I have to say the symphonic arrangement isn't my favourite, but watching the actual concert was mindblowing. His voice... omg and all his little moves and expressions... I loved it and I hope someone was able to record it so that more people will be able to watch it too. Really, I'm speechless.

Same for me...I thought I wouldn't be enjoying it as much as a "regular" concert, but I found myself totally blown away, I couldn't help crying and sobbing and smiling as well because for some songs like Over My Shoulder for example, it felt like the song was revealed in its fullest as Mika meant for it to be and it was so tragic and beautiful...that's just an example, they all took a different dimension and Last Party felt that way too, and for other songs I felt that Mika accompagnied by the orchestra was singing as freely as a bird in his natural element. And also I loved that fans were allowed to make noise, clap, laugh and smile and respond to Mika, so in that sense it was more like a normal gig with fans interaction :wub2: and I was in awe watching him so happy , living his songs as he had dreamed they would be , with his high notes playfully fooling around with the instruments, it was just a whole harmony and yet at times Mika's voice was a capella , so it was not drowned into the instruments . For some songs it was just heavenly :swoon: Mika always amazes me , everything he touches becomes a wonder :fangurl:  I just can't wait for the DVD , I pray there will be one because it was a very very special and amazing moment and I want to watch it again because my tears were happy ones :wub2: As a conclusion I feel so happy to be a Mika fan, because he's always evolving in new directions while his voice, his talent, his sweetness, his sense of the show and his sense of humor and all the emotions he makes us live are a treasure and I always wonder what's the next wonder he'll come up with for us :wub2: I love all his albums and he keeps making such beautiful songs each time and it's always a happy surprise to me how each time I fall in love again and how they always put a spell on me :wub2: He must be a magician don't you think? The concert will be on Sky on December 3rd again, but I'm hoping to watch it again before since some of you managed to record it and thanks a mil for that :huglove:  If Mika does such a concert in France, I'll try to attend it, but I'll need lots of hankies :teehee: 

• Like 3

I could not watch it, but I recorded it: thank you, Eriko, for the tips you gave me :thumb_yello: . My file is quite large and I missed a couple of songs because of a slow connection, but if no other recording is available I can share mine. Better than nothing, at least while we are waiting the DVD  :wink2:

Thank you very much Zia :huglove:

Here's the recording, guys. A little bit crash at the beginning and during "Good Guys" and "Stardust".  :sorry:

VK: http://vk.com/video335293585_171581884

:Update:  for "Intro + Underwater", "Good Guys", and "Stardust".  :thumb_yello:

VK: http://vk.com/video335293585_171593808

YT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN6eKdw2AIA

3ahNtmj.gif

Edited by missrully
  • Like 7

what was he saying before he sang ANY OTHER WORLD? Rather hilarious he stopped the music to speak. Such a pity he didnt release a full CD

He thought he was gonna sing Love You When I'm Drunk and said the song talked about loving someone only when you're drunk, then when the musicians started playing AOW he realised it was a different song, asked Leclerc to stop and said he was the one who was drunk and apologised

• Like 3

Thank you! Grazie! Merci!!!

Is the whole orchestra from Montreal? At least they seem to enjoy performing with Mika. Traditionalist musicians usually shun pop stars :grandma:

One of my highlights from Montreal was seeing one of the first violinist totally fangirling about Mika... You could see how much she enjoyed playing with/for him and hiw she was in total awe :D

• Like 1

I Finaly succeded both to register an  watch the concert :thumb_yello:

I juste can't discribe this feeling ,just say that it makes me feel so much better after all we got through the past 2 weeks.

It was so beautyfull :wub: :wub:  :Something like a bit of heaven out of time

I juste hope he'll continue to do such concerts and of course that  once I'll be able to be part of it!

Edited by carafon
  • Like 1

sorrisi e canzoni

http://www.sorrisi.com/musica/mika-sinfonia-pop-concerto-como-sky-x-factor-parigi

27 Novembre 2015 Mika porta la sua «Sinfonia pop» su Sky

Nell'intervista integrale il cantante racconta il suo nuovo live con l'orchestra registrato a Como, il rapporto con i ragazzi di «X Factor» e con l'Italia, e la sua reazione ai terribili attentati che hanno colpito Parigi

:uk:

Full interview the singer talks about his new live with the orchestra recorded in Como, the relationship with the boys of "X Factor" and with Italy, and his reaction to the terrible terrorist attacks in Paris

Com’è nata l’idea di fare un concerto con un’orchestra?

«Stavo facendo il mio tour acustico nel mondo, due anni fa. Ero a Montréal, stavo per andare a New York. Una mia amica giornalista molto nota in Quebec,  Olivia Levy, tra un bicchiere di vino e l’altro mi guarda e mi fa: “È stato bello, ma io voglio vederti con un’orchestra, non solo con un piano!”. Due settimane dopo aveva organizzato tutto. Poi per un anno ho lavorato sugli arrangiamenti. Il successo a Montréal è stato pazzesco, infatti ho scelto di mettere quel concerto nell'edizione speciale del mio album “No place in heaven”».

How did the idea of doing a concert with an orchestra?

"I was doing my acoustic tour in the world two years ago. I was in Montreal, I was going to go to New York. My friend journalist well known in Quebec, Olivia Levy, including a glass of wine and the other looks at me and says: "It was nice, but I want to see you with an orchestra, not only with a plan." Two weeks later he had arranged everything. Then for a year I worked on the arrangements. The success in Montreal was crazy, because I have chosen to put that concert in the special edition of the album "No place in heaven. "

E poi hai portato il concerto in Italia. Come mai proprio al Teatro Sociale di Como?

«Volevo un teatro rosso e dorato. Quando avevo 9 anni sono uscito per la prima volta su un palco, era una prova tecnica di un’opera di Strauss, “La donna senza ombra”, con una messa in scena di John Hockney. Era la mia prima esperienza musicale professionale ed ero sul palco della Royal Opera House: da quel momento ho saputo che cosa volevo fare nella vita. Jean Cocteau lo chiamava “il virus del rosso e dell’oro”. Io ce l'ho, e non c’è nessun antidoto».

And then you brought the concert in Italy. How come just at the Teatro Sociale di Como?

"I wanted a theater red and golden. When I was 9 I went out for the first time on stage, was a technical test of a work by Strauss, "The Woman without shadow Die Frau ohne Schatten ", with a staging of John Hockney. It was my first professional musical experience and I was on the stage of the Royal Opera House and from that moment I knew what I wanted to do in life. Jean Cocteau called him "the virus of red and gold Jean Cocteau « Rouge et Or »" I have it, and there is no antidote. "

Ti sei divertito a fare questo concerto in Italia?

«È stato differente. In Nord America c’era un sound più cinematografico, con timbri che si rifacevano al mondo del grande schermo. In Italia le sonorità sono più dettagliate, i movimenti sono più eleganti. È più classico. A Como logisticamente è stato un incubo, perché non potevo entrare o uscire dal Teatro: la gente bloccava gli ingressi. E i biglietti, poi! Li abbiamo venduti a soli 37 euro ma sono finiti in pochi minuti, e su Internet c’erano dei biglietti in vendita a 1700 euro. Che follia...».

Did you have fun doing this concert in Italy?

"That was different. In North America there was a sound more cinematic, with stamps which drew the world of the big screen. In Italy the sounds are more detailed, the movements are more elegant. It is more classic. In Como logistically it was a nightmare, because I could not enter or leave the theater: people blocked the entrances. And the tickets, then! We have sold only 37 Euros but ended up in a few minutes, and on the Internet there were tickets for sale at 1700 euro. What madness ... '.

Quali sono le immagini cinematografiche a cui ti sei ispirato per gli arrangiamenti?

«Per ogni canzone io ho scritto alcune frasi che erano come uno “storyboard”, come la descrizione di una scena cinematografica. Per esempio, volevo che “Toy Boy” sembrasse la colonna sonora di un film della Metro Goldwyn Mayer, mescolata a un’animazione della Warner Bros... il tutto in tre minuti. L’orchestra ti dà questa possibilità, quella di dipingere l’ambiente, di trasformarlo. È questa la magia dell’orchestra»

What are the cinematic images that inspired you for the arrangements?

"For every song I've written a few sentences that were like a" storyboard ", as the description of a movie scene. For example, I wanted "Toy Boy" look like the soundtrack of a film of the Metro Goldwyn Mayer, mixed with an animation of Warner Bros ... all in three minutes. The orchestra gives you this opportunity, to paint the environment, to transform it. This is the magic of the orchestra "

L’idea di poter chiudere gli occhi e «sentire» le immagini?

«Assolutamente, era proprio quella la mia intenzione. Non è mica un’ambizione strana o pomposa, con un’orchestra si può fare. La vibrazione che esce da un’orchestra è molto più potente di quella di una band amplificata».

The idea of being able to close your eyes and "feel" the images?

"Absolutely, it was just that my intention. It's not strange ambition or pompous, with an orchestra you can do. The vibration that comes from an orchestra is much more powerful than that of a band amplified. "

Con l'Italia da qualche anno hai un rapporto particolare. Ti abbiamo adottato.

«Prima dell’Italia conoscevo soltanto i cliché, le cose più ovvie. Da alcuni anni invece ho potuto capire chi è veramente questa “persona” che si chiama Italia. Com’è la sera, com’è la mattina, com’è durante i momenti brutti e quelli belli. Sì, io penso che le culture siano come persone».

With Italy for a few years you have a special relationship. We've adopted.

"First of Italy knew only the clichés, the obvious. For several years however I could understand who he really is this "person" that is called Italy. How in the evening, as the morning, as during the bad times and the good ones. Yes, I think that cultures are as people. "

E che tipo di persona è l’Italia?

«È straordinaria, come nessun’altra al mondo. Purtroppo quando sono qui ci resto sempre per tre giorni e lavoro tutto il tempo, poi devo scappare per lavorare in qualche altro Paese. Non ho ancora avuto l’opportunità di godermi davvero l'Italia. Mi piacerebbe, una volta o l'altra, prendermi un po’ di tempo e conoscere meglio la sua “altra faccia”. Comunque a Milano vado anche a fare la spesa tutti i giorni... ogni volta in un posto diverso. L’unica cosa che non mi piace è che alcuni fruttivendoli sembrano dei negozi di gioielli. Che stupidaggine! Un carciofo non è un orologio!».

And what kind of person is Italy?

"It's amazing, like no other in the world. Unfortunately when I am always here for three days and work all the time, then I have to go to work in some other country. I have not yet had the opportunity to really enjoy Italy. I'd like to, at some time or other, take some 'time and learn more about his "other side". However in Milan also I go to the grocery store every day ... every time in a different place. The only thing I do not like is that some greengrocers seem jewelry stores. What nonsense! An artichoke is not a clock. "

Ma quindi cosa fai a Milano quando non sei all’X Factor Arena?

«Compro cibo e lo mangio! (Ride) Scrivo, leggo, ascolto. Per me è importantissimo non fermarmi mai, sentire musica, vedere concerti, leggere libri. E poi sto sempre preparando qualcosa. Come il prossimo tour, che inizia a Seoul, poi vado in Giappone, in Cina… Sto sempre lavorando».

But then what do you do when you're in Milan to the X Factor Arena?

"I buy food and I eat it! (Laughs) I am writing, reading, listening. For me it is very important never stop, listen to music, see concerts, read books. And then I'm always up to something. As the upcoming tour, which begins in Seoul, then I go to Japan, China ... I'm always working. "

Porterai anche nel resto del mondo questo elemento orchestrale?

«Quello è più complicato perché costa una cifra enorme. Ma c’è già un progetto... entro un anno e mezzo lo rifaremo in un altro Paese europeo, che non è la Francia né l’Italia, con una delle più grandi orchestre europee. Sono molto soddisfatto. Ma è un evento che si comincia a organizzare almeno un anno e mezzo, due anni prima».

You bring in the rest of the world this orchestral element?

"That is more complicated because it costs a huge amount. But there is already a project ... within a year and a half will do it again in another European country, which is not France or Italy, with one of the greatest European orchestras. I am very satisfied. But it is an event that begins to organize at least one year and a half, two years earlier. "

Andiamo verso la fine di quest’edizione di «X Factor». Quali sono le tue impressioni, rispetto a quello che ti aspettavi all’inizio?

«Penso che il livello sia stato molto alto in generale. Io quest’anno ho cercato di rischiare, non tanto con canzoni sconosciute quanto con canzoni che avessero melodia e calore. Forse ho dovuto subirne le conseguenze. Ma della percezione delle mie scelte non mi preoccupo nemmeno per un secondo, io sono un musicista, lo so che una canzone può essere più “cool” di un’altra, ma la verità è che non me ne frega niente di essere “cool”!»

We go towards the end of questa'edizione of "X Factor." What are your impressions, compared to what you expected at the beginning?

"I think that the level was very high in general. This year I tried to risk, not so much with unknown songs with songs that had the melody and warmth. Maybe I had to suffer the consequences. But the perception of my choices I do not care even for a second, I'm a musician, I know that a song can be more "cool" than another, but the truth is that I do not give anything to be "cool" ! "

Con i ragazzi come ti sei trovato?

«È più difficile lavorare con ragazzi così giovani. Sono emotivi, fragilissimi. Non puoi essere duro, devi essere costruttivo, in particolare con i maschi perché le loro voci si stanno ancora formando. È una vera sfida per me, ed è per questo che mi piace»

With guys like you tried?

"It's more difficult to work with children so young. They are emotional, fragile. You can not be hard, you have to be constructive, especially with males because their voices are still forming. It is a real challenge for me, and that's why I like "

Con Fedez hai realizzato il singolo e il video di «Beautiful disaster». Com’è stato lavorare con lui anche fuori da «X Factor»?

«Ora che l’ho conosciuto meglio devo dire che lavora con un’efficacia e una professionalità impressionanti. È un grandissimo professionista. Io di video ne ho fatti tanti ma sono state le riprese più efficaci che ho mai fatto. Abbiamo finito in anticipo! Non mi era mai successo in tutta la mia vita. Ho bisogno di questo suo metodo, perché io sono un casinista».

With Fedez have made the single and the video for "Beautiful Disaster". How was working with him out of "X Factor"?

"Now that I knew him better I have to say that working with effectiveness and professionalism impressive. It's a great professional. I video I've made so many but have been shooting the most effective I've ever done. We ended up in advance! It had never happened in my entire life. I need this his method, because I'm a screwup. "

Ma hai letto che Morgan potrebbe andare a «Ballando con le stelle»?

«“Dancing with the stars”? No! Davvero? Ma lui sarebbe fantastico, anche perché non credo che balli molto bene! Ma Morgan sarebbe fantastico in qualunque ruolo. Va bene, non sarà una persona semplice, non lo puoi controllare, ma è una persona così affascinante. Lo ripeto sempre: non siate negativi con lui, anche se l’anno scorso è stato un po’ difficile, perché lo spirito di questo programma si deve anche alla sua collaborazione»

But you read that Morgan could go to "Dancing with the Stars"?

"" Dancing with the Stars "? No! For real? But he would be great, because I do not think that dances very well! But Morgan would be great in any role. Okay, it will not be a simple person, you can not control, but a person so charming. I repeat always: do not be negative with him, even though last year was a bit 'difficult, because the spirit of this program is also due to his collaboration'

Tu vivi tra l’Italia e la Francia e sei cresciuto a Parigi. Come hai vissuto le ore degli attentati del 13 novembre e i giorni successivi?

«Quella sera avrei dovuto cenare a pochi metri dal ristorante “La belle équipe”, dove ci sono stati 19 morti. Ho perso un aereo a causa del ritardo nelle riprese del “Daily” di “X Factor”, così ho cancellato la cena, sono arrivato più tardi. Ma molti miei amici erano al Bataclan. Il proprietario è stato il primo promoter della mia carriera, lo conosco da sempre. Quella sera sono rimaste uccise diverse persone che conoscevo, con cui ho lavorato. Il modo in cui hanno attaccato Parigi è stato diabolico. Sono stati dei giorni molto, molto difficili. Personalmente sono stato male anche perché a Parigi vivo in un appartamento vicino a dove sono cresciuto, e ho rivissuto le paure della mia infanzia, quando mio padre era un ostaggio durante la prima guerra del Golfo. C’è sempre stata la presenza della guerra nella mia vita. Noi siamo scappati dal Libano perché c’era la guerra, siamo stati salvati dalla Marina Militare Americana e a Parigi vivevamo in una comunità di migranti che avevano avuto la chance di scappare. Infatti la mia paura adesso è che la gente dia la colpa ai rifugiati. Ma la verità è che loro stanno scappando esattamente da questo. In questo periodo mi sento pessimista. Ci sarà la luce... c’è sempre la luce alla fine. Ma a quale prezzo?».

You live between Italy and France, and you grew up in Paris. How did you experience the hours of the attacks on November 13 and the following days?

"That night I had dinner a few meters from the restaurant La belle équipe Paris, where there were 19 deaths. I missed a plane because of the delay in the filming of "The Daily" of "X Factor", so I canceled the dinner, I arrived later. But many of my friends were at the Bataclan. The owner was the first promoter of my career, I've known him forever. That evening were killed several people I knew, I worked with. The way they attacked Paris was diabolical. They were days of very, very difficult. Personally I was hurt because I live in Paris in an apartment close to where I grew up, and I relived the fears of my childhood, when my father was a hostage during the first Gulf War. There has always been the presence of war in my life. We escaped from Lebanon because there was a war, we were saved by the US Navy and in Paris lived in a community of migrants who had the chance to escape. In fact, my fear now is that people blame the refugees. But the truth is that they are running away from exactly that. At this time I feel pessimistic. There will be light ... there is always light at the end. But at what price? ".

23384788645_6bc9ddfa80_o.jpg

22757627793_893dbd7e36_o.jpg

22757628423_bba0bca9cd_o.jpg

22756422074_35f3a2275a_o.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
adding images
  • Like 5

I downloaded the concert from mikawebsite.com :)

It doesn't play on my laptop, but I put it on a usb and played it on my tv and it worked fine! Absolutely loved every bit of it :wub2:

I just can't get enough with the concert. Beautiful. :wub2::tears:

I also downloaded it there and just finished watching it. I already could start all over again! It totally made my day! :wub2:

I have no words to describe the feelings I had while watching. It was amazing. Even more than that! What a perfect concert. :wub2:

I also downloaded it there and just finished watching it. I already could start all over again! It totally made my day! :wub2:

I have no words to describe the feelings I had while watching. It was amazing. Even more than that! What a perfect concert. :wub2:

It was so amazing! I wish I was there :wub2:

(I actually watched it 3 times already since Saturday evening) :teehee: