"Mika: The Art of Song" on BBC Radio2, 1.1.2016

mellody

Oh God be praised, this is the BEST NEWS! It would only be better if it was a series, but as someone has said, if there is a great response, who knows what will come of it!

He will be awesome! I know that for a fact! He's so knowledgeable about music and composers so the show will be phenomenal.

This is what I've always meant about Mika being more than a popstar and that he can be a big name in music. Not necessarily by having number 1s himself, but by showcasing the talents of artists, such as Adele. His speaking voice is so beautiful as well as his singing voice, so I'm thrilled he's going to use his dulcet tones on a radio 2 show.

What a wonderful way to start 2016. All those poor aching heads from New Year's Eve (including mine) will be soothed by His Royal Mikaness on New Year's Day.

Now I'm hopeful and I'm Happy.

That should be a line in a new Mika song!

What you just said was poetry, and I couldn't of said it better myself as a fellow UK member !!!

I knoooooow right :( *heart breaks*!!! Ah well, he'll fall back on us one day, I know he will, we just have to be patient and faithfull ❤!!!

He may do sooner than you think. Have you looked at the thread for the song we're writing for him on Chat About Mika? I'm amazed at the enthusiasm and talent of his fan club!

• Like 1

He may do sooner than you think. Have you looked at the thread for the song we're writing for him on Chat About Mika? I'm amazed at the enthusiasm and talent of his fan club!

Yeah, you've used lyrics I've posted, i posted another 2 lines about 30 mins ago, it's the best idea ever, so excited XD!!! So am I we're unreal, hope he realises how lucky he is to have such a stellar fanclub ☺☺☺!!!

Edited by Amye the Mika Fan <3

Does anyone know if we'll be able to send him questions while he is on the radio?

Sorry, but I don't think so. I think it's recorded because he said on Radio Deejay's interview on last Thursday that the last / previous week he had done at the same time X Factor in Italy, The Voice in France and BBC Radio2 in London. It's obvious he wants to enjoy/spend the New Year's day with his partner and his family  :)

• Like 1

Oh God be praised, this is the BEST NEWS! It would only be better if it was a series, but as someone has said, if there is a great response, who knows what will come of it!

He will be awesome! I know that for a fact! He's so knowledgeable about music and composers so the show will be phenomenal.

This is what I've always meant about Mika being more than a popstar and that he can be a big name in music. Not necessarily by having number 1s himself, but by showcasing the talents of artists, such as Adele. His speaking voice is so beautiful as well as his singing voice, so I'm thrilled he's going to use his dulcet tones on a radio 2 show.

What a wonderful way to start 2016. All those poor aching heads from New Year's Eve (including mine) will be soothed by His Royal Mikaness on New Year's Day.

Now I'm hopeful and I'm Happy.

That should be a line in a new Mika song! 

God save Royal Mikaness.

On New Year's Day and forevah.

• Like 1

Sorry, but I don't think so. I think it's recorded because he said on Radio Deejay's interview on last Thursday that the last / previous week he had done at the same time X Factor in Italy, The Voice in France and BBC Radio2 in London. It's obvious he wants to enjoy/spend the New Year's day with his partner and his family  :)

Ok thanks, I just wanted to know.  That is totally understandable. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Machine Management

10th Dec: Mika to host 'The Art of Song' on BBC Radio 2.

Internationally acclaimed and multi-platinum pop star Mika hosts a two hour special focusing on some of the greatest songs and songwriters of all time, on New Year’s Day at 1400 on Radio 2. He will be playing some of his favourite records, looking at the story behind the music and revealing his own relationships with his favourite artists. Throughout the show Mika will also perform covers of songs by iconic artists on the Radio 2 piano donated by Elton John. Featured artists will include Adele, David Bowie, Fleetwood Mac and Carole King.

prt_340x227_1449757634.jpg

Mika_10_640.jpeg

• Like 6

Machine Management

Internationally acclaimed and multi-platinum pop star Mika hosts a two hour special focusing on some of the greatest songs and songwriters of all time, on New Year’s Day at 1400 on Radio 2. He will be playing some of his favourite records, looking at the story behind the music and revealing his own relationships with his favourite artists. Throughout the show Mika will also perform covers of songs by iconic artists on the Radio 2 piano donated by Elton John. Featured artists will include Adele, David Bowie, Fleetwood Mac and Carole King.

Mika_10_640.jpeg

That's great! But they need to also advertise on Radio 2's site I love the wording, especially the "Internationally acclaimed" bit.

• Like 1

Machine Management

Mika_10_640.jpeg

Thanks for posting! This will be such a fab way to start a new year. I've so waited he would do something like this, singing and talking about music (in English)... So excited already  :wub:

• Like 1

Machine Management

Mika_10_640.jpeg

:thumb_yello: Thanks for posting!  :wub:  I have high expectations for the show, This kind of radioprogram is my fav. :)   MIKA knows so much about music, and the artists. He also has a very beautiful radiovoice :wub:  I'm sure it will be very entertaining, and valuable for all music lovers :fisch: 

If his own show in London Palladium isn't sold out already, when this is aired, I expect it to be,  shortly after... :wink2:  :wub:   

Love, love

me 

• Like 5