Mika @ Arena Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland -- 01 June 2016

mari62

OMG I have no words to explain how excited I am about this date!!  :bow:

I've been secretly waiting for a gig to happen at the Arena for years!

I mean... I perfectly know how lucky we've been in Switzerland because we saw the man maaaaaany times at festivals and gigs already. But the Arena means so much to me! Tbh the place is not very impressive, beautiful or anything like that, it's very similar to a Zenith in France, but my younger me gig experiences are almost all related to the Arena in Geneva, so I've always been thinking that seeing Mika in such a familiar place would be amazing.

And now it's really happening!! Yeepeeee!!   :cheer:  :boing:

more seriously: if anyone needs details about the place and how to get there by train, boat, plane or whatever please feel free to PM me :winksmiley02:  

(that was one of the most useless post I've ever made, sorry about that, but it's also one of the most enthusiastic  :D ) 

Edited by Nanou
  • Like 3

Nanou ,I've tried to PM you ,but it doesn't work (saying you cannot receive any new message)

I'm thinking about going to Genova after the gig in Grenoble as it's not so far away and 2 days after and I may be on holiday for the whole week.
It seems the arena is near the airport ,but I'll come by train from Grenoble (probably via Lyon)
Do you know the more convenient way to attempt the venue ?
I suppose it's like every airport in the world with hotels like "Formule 1" and so on around????

• 1 month later...

I'll also be there, and I'm really happy that he comes in my city. I'm so excited for this date.

Carafon, I'll also be at the concert in Grenoble, if you want we can take the same train for Geneva.

• Like 2

Looks like my PM box was full, sorry about that  :doh:

And sorry for my veryyyy late answer. I've had a hard end of year and beginning of new year at work so I haven't been able to come here for a while... Things are better now ;)

I't not a problem to go by train at the arena. You can take a train from Lyon to Geneva and then there another train doing the connection from Geneva's train station to the airport :) The arena is 5min. walk from the station and it's pretty easy to find.

And yes, of course there are some hotels near the airport. I don't really now them as I never had to visit any of them myself but they should be fine.

Nanou ,I've tried to PM you ,but it doesn't work (saying you cannot receive any new message)

I'm thinking about going to Genova after the gig in Grenoble as it's not so far away and 2 days after and I may be on holiday for the whole week.
It seems the arena is near the airport ,but I'll come by train from Grenoble (probably via Lyon)
Do you know the more convenient way to attempt the venue ?
I suppose it's like every airport in the world with hotels like "Formule 1" and so on around????

• 1 month later...

I'll also be there, and I'm really happy that he comes in my city. I'm so excited for this date.

Carafon, I'll also be at the concert in Grenoble, if you want we can take the same train for Geneva.

Yeah ,why not? Don't know yet the train I'll take ,but I'll let you know

Are you from french,german or italian part of switzerland ?

Looks like my PM box was full, sorry about that  :doh:

And sorry for my veryyyy late answer. I've had a hard end of year and beginning of new year at work so I haven't been able to come here for a while... Things are better now ;)

I't not a problem to go by train at the arena. You can take a train from Lyon to Geneva and then there another train doing the connection from Geneva's train station to the airport :) The arena is 5min. walk from the station and it's pretty easy to find.

And yes, of course there are some hotels near the airport. I don't really now them as I never had to visit any of them myself but they should be fine.

I had some days off to check everything on the web ,I think I've found all the answers ,so may not loosing  myself .....

Anyway I hope so..... :naughty:

• Like 1

I'll be there, and I'm so happy! 

It's my friend, I know because of him, who invites me to come with her. And I cry, I was so exited. 

I hope meet him after the show. I really need to hug hi, tell him how much he means to me, how much he've done. I wanna thank him. 

I hope I could do, because he's one of the most important person in my life. 

I wrote two songs, because of him - he gave me hope. He "saved" my life. He makes me smile, so I love him. 

• Like 1

I've been secretly waiting for a gig to happen at the Arena for years!

I mean... I perfectly know how lucky we've been in Switzerland because we saw the man maaaaaany times at festivals and gigs already. 

Hello there guys! I might be going to this gig with my sister and my mom, I just need to know if there are any cheap accomodations in Geneva?

We're coming all the way from Tunisia! 

Nanou, I understand you live in Geneva? Can you help me find cheap hotels or youth hostels? Thank you! 

Hello there guys! I might be going to this gig with my sister and my mom, I just need to know if there are any cheap accomodations in Geneva?

We're coming all the way from Tunisia! 

Nanou, I understand you live in Geneva? Can you help me find cheap hotels or youth hostels? Thank you! 

hello

You can try this one which is near a railway station (Geneve Cornavain)

Geneva Hostel

Rue Rothschild 28/30

Les Paquis

1202 Geneve

tel :41227326260

Anyway you may expect everything in Switzerland being more expensive than in France or Italy

• Like 1

hello

You can try this one which is near a railway station (Geneve Cornavain)

Geneva Hostel

Rue Rothschild 28/30

Les Paquis

1202 Geneve

tel :41227326260

Anyway you may expect everything in Switzerland being more expensive than in France or Italy

Thank you so much! It's just what I needed! 

Are you going to be at the gig? Maybe we could meet up? Or better: maybe we could go there together!

Edited by thesadchicken

Thank you so much! It's just what I needed! 

Are you going to be at the gig? Maybe we could meet up? Or better: maybe we could go there together!

Yes I'm going too and will stay at the geneva hostel

of course I'm ok to meet you

I've got a "standing area " ticket,and will arrive (from Grenoble) in Geneva the day before the show

• Like 1

Yes I'm going too and will stay at the geneva hostel

of course I'm ok to meet you

I've got a "standing area " ticket,and will arrive (from Grenoble) in Geneva the day before the show

I finally bought my ticket :D I'm going to the gig with my mom and my sister! We'll be in the standing area too. We'll be staying at another hotel though, but it's not far from the Arena :) We arrive the day before the show too, haha!

I will come from the italian part of Switzwerland to Geneva for this gig..

Great! Maybe we can meet there?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I live near Geneva so I'm going to this gig too ! :thumb_yello:  I would be so happy to meet y'all !! And I was thinking about making some projects for the show ? I know it's in like two months but time goes fast ;) Let me know if you wanna prepare something or not, if yes, do you already have some ideas ? :teehee:  I'd really like Mika to be happy of this gig so that he'll want to come back soon :wub: Let me know! 

Hello everyone, I live near Geneva so I'm going to this gig too ! :thumb_yello:  I would be so happy to meet y'all !! And I was thinking about making some projects for the show ? I know it's in like two months but time goes fast ;) Let me know if you wanna prepare something or not, if yes, do you already have some ideas ? :teehee:  I'd really like Mika to be happy of this gig so that he'll want to come back soon :wub: Let me know! 

That would be great to have a little special project for this show as it's the first time he's doing a show in the french part of Switzerland (apart from festivals of course). Maybe we could bring cow bells or Moo Boxes to be sure he'll remember his show in Switzerland  :naughty: More seriously, I'll think about it and let you know any idea I may have  :thumb_yello:

• 1 month later...

It would be fine if we make something special.

I really like the small cow bells' idea, but I don't think we will have enough people participating to make enough impact ;)

I was thinking maybe to prepare big hearts for when he sings Origine of Love.

What do you think about this?

• 4 weeks later...

It would be fine if we make something special.

I really like the small cow bells' idea, but I don't think we will have enough people participating to make enough impact ;)

I was thinking maybe to prepare big hearts for when he sings Origine of Love.

What do you think about this?

Sorry for the VERY late answer :( But this is a good idea :) Let's all do a maximum of red hearts that we will give to the audience before the show, I don't know if we're gonna make it, we don't have much time left ! But everyone who see this and come tomorrow please make as much red heart as you can ( drawing on a papers or printing from the internet ) but make them big enough so that Mika can see them :P Hope we're gonna make it ;) Pass the message on twitter/instagram/facebook so that more people can help us !