DIY Mika stuff

AmyWings

i told you he's terrible! (sorry the pics are sideways *doh*)  i can't find a pic of it, but i made him a piano out of colored duct tape & a big matchbox which i use to store him & his accessories in.

609574942.jpg?1341201948&Expires=1450793 609577300.jpg?1341202278&Expires=1450793

crap, i guess i didn't sew his face with thread! i'd forgotten i made a terrible toyboy doll as well, and that's what i made using that technique. i also made the toyboy a coffin box to throw him in when i had had enough xD

oh yeah, and i made a purple Mubbin foot pencil cup thingy and a Underwater-inspired sculpture, both out of plaster strips.  i think pics of them are in the Mika yearbook thing.

OMG It's actually priceless  :naughty:  :naughty:  I find it super cute  :wub:

Also you need to show me your whole collection of handmade stuff, you're unstoppable  :naughty:

OMG It's actually priceless  :naughty:  :naughty:  I find it super cute  :wub:

Also you need to show me your whole collection of handmade stuff, you're unstoppable  :naughty:

:blush-anim-cl: thanks!  His name is Mikanstein btw, and his face is interchangeable :teehee:

A lot of the stuff i've made i don't have pics of because they're made pretty crappily.  I obviously go for quantity over quality and i rarely do a project technique more than once :teehee:

Here's Toyboy btw, with his coffin box and a voodoo pin.  (dang it, in this pic his face looks a bit smashed because of the angle)

10572148_10203606380494609_1410966972950

in the folder i found that pic i also found photos of this crazy altered book i'd forgotten i made last year.  it was for a sort of "make something to show us why you love Mika" contest (and i love his lyrics, so i illustrated my faves) and i used the opportunity to test out a lot of new techniques.  Here's a video i made to show the different moving parts.

Uh-oh, i've kinda taken over this thread. I'll stop now! I want to see other people's DIY Mika stuff :D

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 3

FINALLY finished these shoes today, they took 4 days to make. They are inspired by all four album covers, as well as some nods to music videos, and of course his partnership with Swatch. I'm really happy with them, what are your thoughts?

post-32663-0-84839000-1450762015_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

AH! THIS IS THE THREAD FOR ME. I can show off one of my favorite things I've made!

post-29055-0-78482500-1450764058_thumb.jpg

image4.jpg

My Mika bracelet!

There's actually a story here: I started this when I wasn't a huge fan - I simply liked Happy Ending and Grace Kelly, and loved the colors on the bracelet. I thought, I like those 2 Mika songs, and this pattern's pretty, so why not. So I started it, worked on it on and off for while, and then abandoned it about halfway through. Fast forward 6 months or so: the Mika love hits me HARD. And then I go "WAIT! I have that bracelet I didn't finish!" and I finished the second half in like a week   :naughty:

I wear it almost every day  :wub:

(if any brave souls want to make their own, here's the pattern http://www.braceletbook.com/pattern_alpha/9512.html- but I warn, it was a pain to make XD the style of bracelet is really difficult at first - though it does get much easier with practice)

Edited by ladyolivier
  • Like 6

FINALLY finished these shoes today, they took 4 days to make. They are inspired by all four album covers, as well as some nods to music videos, and of course his partnership with Swatch. I'm really happy with them, what are your thoughts?

WOW! Just wow! Those are amazing!!!!!

I kind of wanted to make shoes similar to this, but I don't know how to start. What color were they before you painted them, and what colors did you use? :) If you can help :D

Wow, those look really amazing! :D I can definitly see you worked very hard on them! :thumb_yello:

Okay..... WOW. These are my favorite shoes in the whole world  :woot_jump: I don't think I have the skill to do anything similar, but how did you do it?? 

AH! THIS IS THE THREAD FOR ME. I can show off one of my favorite things I've made!

attachicon.gif2015-12-08 12.20.44.jpg

image4.jpg

My Mika bracelet!

There's actually a story here: I started this when I wasn't a huge fan - I simply liked Happy Ending and Grace Kelly, and loved the colors on the bracelet. I thought, I like those 2 Mika songs, and this pattern's pretty, so why not. So I started it, worked on it on and off for while, and then abandoned it about halfway through. Fast forward 6 months or so: the Mika love hits me HARD. And then I go "WAIT! I have that bracelet I didn't finish!" and I finished the second half in like a week   :naughty:

(if any brave souls want to make their own, here's the pattern http://www.braceletbook.com/pattern_alpha/9512.html- but I warn, it was a pain to make XD the style of bracelet is really difficult at first - though it does get much easier with practice)

Wow, it seems really hard to make... But maybe I'll try! 

wow!! these look amazing :o what kind of paint did you use?

I am fascinated by your creations !! they are so beautiful and imaginative !!

I am very bad at DIY in general ! One time I tried to make a T-shirt, and it ended in a tea towel ! :teehee:

yeah ... very bad

I think I'll come very often in this thread :naughty:
  • Like 1

image4.jpg

My Mika bracelet!

i love the colors of this, you did awesome!  i once tried a simple bracelet sort of like this and gave up after 5 minutes and 20 screw-ups, so congrats on your perseverance  :thumb_yello:

And a closer view of the left shoe:

OMG IT IS SO GOOD  :wub:  :wub:  I'm so jealous of you ! What shoes / paint / pencils did you use to make that? It's so pretty  :teehee:

image4.jpg

My Mika bracelet!

That's amazing, and cool story behind ! I'm gonna try maybe to do one  :teehee:

• Like 1

WOW! Just wow! Those are amazing!!!!!

I kind of wanted to make shoes similar to this, but I don't know how to start. What color were they before you painted them, and what colors did you use? :) If you can help :D

They were originally teal, but I painted over all parts of them anyways. I used virtually every color of acrylic paints (lots of mixing). I finished them with a water-based sealer. Hope that helped some!  :wink2:

• Like 1

wow!! these look amazing :o what kind of paint did you use?

I used acrylic paints, and finished them with a water-based sealer! By the way, your profile photo honestly gives me live, I can't get enough of it  :fangurl:

Okay..... WOW. These are my favorite shoes in the whole world  :woot_jump: I don't think I have the skill to do anything similar, but how did you do it?? 

Wow, it seems really hard to make... But maybe I'll try! 

Thank you! I started with a pair of plain canvas shoes. I used acrylic paints, and finished them with a water-based sealer. LOTS of patients and inspiration were needed to make them!  :D

• Like 3

Thank you! I started with a pair of plain canvas shoes. I used acrylic paints, and finished them with a water-based sealer. LOTS of patients and inspiration were needed to make them!  :D

And it pays off ! It's absolutely beautiful !  :D  :wub:

For those of you who'd like to try them, I found two different links of plain white canvas shoes that are pretty cheap: here and here !  :)

I also found water based sealer for cheap here, so you have pretty much all it takes to make those beauties  :wub:

EDIT: I got the wrong water based sealer, which one did you use Mya?

Edited by AmyWings

And it pays off ! It's absolutely beautiful !  :D  :wub:

For those of you who'd like to try them, I found two different links of plain white canvas shoes that are pretty cheap: here and here !  :)

I also found water based sealer for cheap here, so you have pretty much all it takes to make those beauties  :wub:

EDIT: I got the wrong water based sealer, which one did you use Mya?

I used matte Mod Podge!  ;)

I saw them on Instagram a few days ago and I was wondering who had made it. It is amazing, congrats :)

Edited by dilarat

• 2 weeks later...

Soooo, here is the big project I've been working on. A Mika doll! I also made him a huge wardrobe, including many replicas of his real outfits. I'll definitely share photos of them on here soon! Anyways, I posted these two photos on Instagram Saturday night (Jan 2nd), and on Sunday morning, MIKA LIKED THEM!!! I must admit that I bawled my eyes out for a good 20 minutes. Having the person who is your idolinspirationhero, and lifesaver notice your appreciation for them is a feeling I can't describe. Thank you Meek.   :wub: 

post-32663-0-64467200-1452121875_thumb.jpg

And in celebration, I FINALLY ordered the Kukulakuku Swatch! YAY!   :cheer:

• Like 6

Soooo, here is the big project I've been working on. A Mika doll! I also made him a huge wardrobe, including many replicas of his real outfits. I'll definitely share photos of them on here soon! Anyways, I posted these two photos on Instagram Saturday night (Jan 2nd), and on Sunday morning, MIKA LIKED THEM!!! I must admit that I bawled my eyes out for a good 20 minutes. Having the person who is your idol, inspiration, hero, and lifesaver notice your appreciation for them is a feeling I can't describe. Thank you Meek. :wub:

PicMonkey MIKA.jpg

And in celebration, I FINALLY ordered the Kukulakuku Swatch! YAY! :cheer:

That's amazing! I've never heard of him noticing anyone on Instagram :wub:

Soooo, here is the big project I've been working on. A Mika doll! I also made him a huge wardrobe, including many replicas of his real outfits. I'll definitely share photos of them on here soon! Anyways, I posted these two photos on Instagram Saturday night (Jan 2nd), and on Sunday morning, MIKA LIKED THEM!!! I must admit that I bawled my eyes out for a good 20 minutes. Having the person who is your idolinspirationhero, and lifesaver notice your appreciation for them is a feeling I can't describe. Thank you Meek.   :wub: 

attachicon.gifPicMonkey MIKA.jpg

And in celebration, I FINALLY ordered the Kukulakuku Swatch! YAY!   :cheer:

THIS IS SO AMAZING OMG.  :wub:  :wub:

Also side question: where did you order it? Cause I only found it on amazon and it was like $200  :naughty:

I'm currently working on the Mika tassels necklaces  :thumb_yello:

What are you guys doing lately? Or are you just coming here for inspiration?  :teehee:

THIS IS SO AMAZING OMG.  :wub:  :wub:

Also side question: where did you order it? Cause I only found it on amazon and it was like $200  :naughty:

I'm currently working on the Mika tassels necklaces  :thumb_yello:

What are you guys doing lately? Or are you just coming here for inspiration?  :teehee:

Thank you! He is made from an American Girl doll ($115). I made the wig from an old doll wig, which I curled and cut. One of a kind!  :das: I made all of his clothes as well  :P

• Like 2

Thank you! He is made from an American Girl doll ($115). I made the wig from an old doll wig, which I curled and cut. One of a kind!  :das: I made all of his clothes as well  :P

You're smart  :thumb_yello: I love it  :mf_rosetinted:

But I was talking about the watch when I asked where you ordered it  :naughty:

AND also congrats on Mika liking the post !! I didn't know he liked stuff but that's true that it's easier to see what people are talking about on the tags  :)

Edited by AmyWings

This will look rubbish in comparison to all the beautiful and genius things you guys have made, but here's a badly scanned picture of a painting my friend and I made of a Mika song. I translated the title into Maori and I wanted to incorporate some Maori and New Zealand culture into it. It's become a lot more blurry and pale in the scanned version sorry :P 

Oh%20Girl%20Youre%20The%20Devil%201_zps3

• Like 1