DIY Mika stuff

AmyWings

This will look rubbish in comparison to all the beautiful and genius things you guys have made, but here's a badly scanned picture of a painting my friend and I made of a Mika song. I translated the title into Maori and I wanted to incorporate some Maori and New Zealand culture into it. It's become a lot more blurry and pale in the scanned version sorry :P

Oh%20Girl%20Youre%20The%20Devil%201_zps3

Wow! I think it is really beautiful! You are talented ;)  :wub:

• 5 weeks later...

This is such an awesome thread :)

You guys have awesome ideas (ohmegosh I really want a necklace like Mika's!) and this is super inspiring. 

I myself am making a little maquette thingy based on the on-stage design of Mika's last tour. I'll post some pics once I've made some progress!

• Like 4

This is such an awesome thread :)

You guys have awesome ideas (ohmegosh I really want a necklace like Mika's!) and this is super inspiring. 

I myself am making a little maquette thingy based on the on-stage design of Mika's last tour. I'll post some pics once I've made some progress!

Don't hesitate to share your DIYs as you make them ! :D I started doing Mika's tassels necklaces. Did the tassels, now I need to find the beads, they are NOWHERE to be found lol

• 3 months later...

Me again! For those of us on the wrong continent to have been at Bercy...

2016_06_08_01_24_20.jpg

I made a stencil out of the heart and sponged it in with red fabric paint. SO happy with how it turned out!  :wub:

Update edit: I've written a detailed tutorial on how I made this shirt here :-)

Edited by ladyolivier
  • Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

Update: I took a proper self portrait of myself wearing this shirt and my old ballet gear and sent it to the official Facebook page. And they uploaded it! So now there is a photo of me (and my homemade shirt) on the official Mika Facebook page  :wub:

(if anybody wants to go digging around to find me from this, it's in the "M" album with all the M heart merch pictures and I'm the girl in the tutu and pointe shoes  :))

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i found this mini tassel tutorial ages ago and i wanted to make a mini tassel necklace like Mika's but i've never gotten around to it. It looks easy enough, right?  :naughty: 

9cbec3d76346723c13db162db31551ca.jpg

I'm going to try to make this, but I'm terrible at following tutorials like the one you linked so I'm just going to wing it.  :)

I love this thread! You're making me wanna make things! :boing:

For a 2010 show I made a rocket necklace for Mika out of felt, but I don't have any pics around to show you...  :blush-anim-cl:

Update: I took a proper self portrait of myself wearing this shirt and my old ballet gear and sent it to the official Facebook page. And they uploaded it! So now there is a photo of me (and my homemade shirt) on the official Mika Facebook page  :wub:

(if anybody wants to go digging around to find me from this, it's in the "M" album with all the M heart merch pictures and I'm the girl in the tutu and pointe shoes  :))

I found you! Looks so good!  :wub2:  I love pointe shoes and ballet in general  :biggrin2:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Made this little piece yesterday. :D

2kplxy.jpg

n1fdpk.jpg

I used a piece of wood (that kind of piece that is made to look a bit older :naughty: ) we still had laying around. I bought some wooden letters and I colored them in. As a final touch I glued on some golden sequins on the 'golden' letters. I thought it would look like I screwed on some golden nails or something haha. :naughty: But it sparkles and I like that! :)

(The yellow/golden letters do appear a bit orange on the photo's for some reason. They are a bit lighter in real life. <_< )

It's standing on my shelf now, next to my other Mika stuff and it looks really nice and colorful! :D

• Like 3

Aaah yes! This is amazing!

2kplxy.jpg

n1fdpk.jpg

I used a piece of wood (that kind of piece that is made to look a bit older :naughty: ) we still had laying around. I bought some wooden letters and I colored them in. As a final touch I glued on some golden sequins on the 'golden' letters. I thought it would look like I screwed on some golden nails or something haha. :naughty: But it sparkles and I like that! :)

(The yellow/golden letters do appear a bit orange on the photo's for some reason. They are a bit lighter in real life. <_< )

It's standing on my shelf now, next to my other Mika stuff and it looks really nice and colorful! :D

• Like 1

These are perfect ideas and I just found some lickable stamps-like paper at home

Cool idea for a topic :)

Mika stuff is hard to find so i often make my own, like in the past i've made Mika stickers, magnets, bookmarks, lickable stamps, rubber ink stampers, a Mika box for all my Mika badges, a Mika pencil cup *oooh just gets an idea to make a matching paperclip dish thing*, picture frames, Mika lippies, a "Fool Addicted" t-shirt, and thats all i can think of for now.

I look forward to seeing everyone else's DIY Mika projects!

• 4 weeks later...

2kplxy.jpg

n1fdpk.jpg

This looks so good! I'm moving to London soon so I'm tempted to make something like this for my new space.... :teehee:

I actually have some modelling clay lying around... hmm... now that's an idea...  :P

• Like 2

This looks so good! I'm moving to London soon so I'm tempted to make something like this for my new space.... :teehee:

I actually have some modelling clay lying around... hmm... now that's an idea...  :P

Thanks! :D 

You should! I'm sure it'll make your new space very cheerful haha. :naughty:

By the way guys, I pretty much started this thread talking about the necklaces but I've been done with them since like april and totally forgot to post it here.

So here is how they turned out:

https://s13.postimg.org/uptkpuhiv/collier_2.jpg

https://s13.postimg.org/j8kwayekn/collier_3.jpg

https://s3.postimg.org/9zb11bymb/collier.jpg

I ordered the beads on a chinese website but honestly i'd rather not give the link to you as the shipping was HELLA expensive and they hadn't told anything about it on the website before. I had to pay a total of like 40€ (so like $50) just for them and I do suggest you try and find some dupes somewhere else, plus they aren't exactly the same, even though they do look quite similar.

So I just looked at the pic and tried to figure out how to tie the thread pretty much! No real big deal for that really, for the ones with the dangling bits ( :teehee: ) you just need to tie the thread a few beads away from the end of the necklace and that'll do the trick! 

I suggest you place all the beeds the way the necklace is gonna be before you put them on the thread so that you already know how it's gonna look like, test the length of the thread on yourself before and you should be good!

Oh, and the tassels I made with colorful thread I found in a craftstore and followed the instructions to make them from the youtube videos. Super easy to make but I suggest you take rather ticker thread cause some of mines are made with very thin thread and they take forever to make and break more easily!

To attach them to the thread I used very small rings that you can open and close and attached the top of each tassel to the thread in between two beads. It's a bit more wiggly but it does the job!

Edited by AmyWings
  • Like 3

• 11 months later...
On 22/12/2015 at 7:10 AM, ladyolivier said:

AH! THIS IS THE THREAD FOR ME. I can show off one of my favorite things I've made!

post-29055-0-78482500-1450764058_thumb.jpg

image4.jpg

My Mika bracelet!

There's actually a story here: I started this when I wasn't a huge fan - I simply liked Happy Ending and Grace Kelly, and loved the colors on the bracelet. I thought, I like those 2 Mika songs, and this pattern's pretty, so why not. So I started it, worked on it on and off for while, and then abandoned it about halfway through. Fast forward 6 months or so: the Mika love hits me HARD. And then I go "WAIT! I have that bracelet I didn't finish!" and I finished the second half in like a week   :naughty:

I wear it almost every day  :wub:

(if any brave souls want to make their own, here's the pattern http://www.braceletbook.com/pattern_alpha/9512.html- but I warn, it was a pain to make XD the style of bracelet is really difficult at first - though it does get much easier with practice)

Well, I saw this post a year ago I think and I bought all the necessary to make it too, but now the link does not seem to work :overreact:

Now what?:dunno:

11 hours ago, Siri said:

Well, I saw this post a year ago I think and I bought all the necessary to make it too, but now the link does not seem to work :overreact:

The link works fine for me.  What browser are you using?

16 hours ago, Siri said:

Oh dear! It works for me as well. Thankfully it doesn't appear to have been taken down or anything - so perhaps the site was down temporarily?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, silver said:

The link works fine for me.  What browser are you using?

5 hours ago, ladyolivier said:

Oh dear! It works for me as well. Thankfully it doesn't appear to have been taken down or anything - so perhaps the site was down temporarily?

As you said, perhaps the site was temporarily down because I tried with differents browsers, but it didn't work :dunno:

Thank you, I was very sad yestersay :hug:

7 hours ago, Siri said:

As you said, perhaps the site was temporarily down because I tried with differents browsers, but it didn't work :dunno:

Thank you, I was very sad yestersay :hug:

I logged in late last night and it was working for me. Glad it's back for you now :huglove: When MFC is down you can ask on twitter and you will get an answer :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

• 4 months later...