Mika in Italian Press 2016

mari62

VACANZE VIP; Il cantante Mika cena a Napoli: «Conquistato dai sapori partenopei»

Emanuela Sorrentino
137 words
25 September 2016
02:34
Il Mattino Online
ILMATIT
Italian

La popstar anglo-libanese Mika si lascia tentare dal gusto dei piatti partenopei. Il cantautore ha cenato da Mimì alla Ferrovia (nella foto con i titolari Michele e Salvatore Giugliano, quest'ultimo chef emergente dello storico locale).

Mika è a Napoli per la realizzazione di un nuovo programma televisivo che andrà in onda a novembre in prima serata su Rai 2. "Mi sono innamorato della città che affaccia sul Golfo più bello del mondo - ha confidato ai titolari - ma anche dei suoi cittadini, persone di cuore e sempre sorridenti". Per Mika - che ha gradito molto la cena tutta napoletana - sono stati preparati peperone ripieno, parmigiana di melanzane e degustazioni di alcune delle nuove proposte gastronomiche del giovane chef di Mimì alla Ferrovia.

(Google Translation)

HOLIDAY VIP; The singer Mika dinner in Naples: "Conquered by the Neapolitan tastes»
The Anglo-Lebanese pop star Mika let groped by the taste of Neapolitan dishes. The singer-songwriter has dined Mimì alla Ferrovia (pictured with the owners Michele and Salvatore Giugliano, the latter coming chef of the local historian).

Mika is in Naples for the construction of a new television program that will air in November in prime time on Rai 2. "I fell in love in the city that faces the Gulf finest in the world - has confided to the owners - but also of its citizens , people with hearts, always smiling. " Mika - that he liked very much the whole Neapolitan dinner - were prepared stuffed peppers, eggplant parmigiana and tastings of some of the new gastronomic proposals of the young chef Mimi alla Ferrovia.

1985306_mika.jpg.pagespeed.ce.k-P0fFmztt

Full size pic is seen on napolimagazine site;

http://www.napolimagazine.com/cultura-gossip/articolo/foto-zoom-la-pop-star-internazionale-mika-a-napoli-a-cena-da-mim-alla-ferrovia

http://i63.tinypic.com/2a78qag.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

At the end it wasn't a proper article written by Mika but just a pseudo-interview/story :facepalm:  Oh well better than nothing :naughty:

Translation: soon

post-18139-0-25847800-1476862753_thumb.jpg

Dario, Mika and the apocalypse

The odd couple had met two years ago to "Invasioni Barbariche" of daria bignardi. They liked from afar and there they told it, singing Ho visto un re, the song written by Fo in 1968 and then sung by Enzo Jannacci. After that, they were never lost, determined to do things together. And now that Dario Fo is gone, Mika remembers the many hours spent together, talking and imagine.

"He had a punk spirit and manifested it with joy. We met at his house, at least once a week, for three or four hours. I went in and the first thing I saw was a clothes hanger, where he had left hanging on the coat of Franca, with the pink scarf that he had begun to wear always. About Her, he has not spoken much publicly, but privately we did it, partly because it was impossible for me to be with him without thinking of her.

We were sitting at his desk, preparing something that was partly written, partly improvised. We imagined the end of the world, a flood that forced two men, an old and a young man, to take refuge in a cave. I, the young, think of all the things that I can not do if the world really ends, and he not only teaches me but, following the memories, mends the rips that were in his existence.

Mika says that it was a privilege to know him, in so many ways, even just the observation: "I watched him write, and he had this fluid way to put in words the thoughts. He attached himself to the real and imaginary characters. I had 'the impression that there was no difference between his life and his works. There was the absurd everywhere in reality and imagination."

He himself was absurd, but very credible: was funny, made you think, made you angry, and he had no fear. An intellectual is not to be a snob and he was an anti snob, one of the greatest enfant terrible ever existed. As Coocteau, Oscar Wilde, Matisse and Cole Porter: all persons that cause life, but also they live it in every way. "

And this is his being the enfant terrible that attracted Mika. "It 'sa quality that I search in people, because for me it is a great source of inspiration. I search and I surround me with people that provoke creativity in me, give me a different perspective. My friendships are based on this quality."

When I ask him what, on the other hand, Dario Fo may have found in him, Mika remains silent for long. And then: "I really do not know, I only know that he gave me a lot of tenderness."

Edited by Lucrezia
  • Like 10

At the end it wasn't a proper article written by Mika but just a pseudo-interview/story :facepalm:  Oh well better than nothing :naughty:

Translation: soon

attachicon.gifvanity.jpg

Dario, Mika and the apocalypse

The odd couple had met two years ago to "Invasioni Barbariche" of daria bignardi. They liked from afar and there they told it, singing Ho visto un re, the song written by Fo in 1968 and then sung by Enzo Jannacci. After that, they were never lost, determined to do things together. And now that Dario Fo is gone, Mika remembers the many hours spent together, talking and imagine.

"He had a punk spirit and manifested it with joy. We met at his house, at least once a week, for three or four hours. I went in and the first thing I saw was a clothes hanger, where he had left hanging on the coat of Franca, with the pink scarf that he had begun to wear always. About Her, he has not spoken much publicly, but privately we did it, partly because it was impossible for me to be with him without thinking of her.

We were sitting at his desk, preparing something that was partly written, partly improvised. We imagined the end of the world, a flood that forced two men, an old and a young man, to take refuge in a cave. I, the young, think of all the things that I can not do if the world really ends, and he not only teaches me but, following the memories, mends the rips that were in his existence.

Mika says that it was a privilege to know him, in so many ways, even just the observation: "I watched him write, and he had this fluid way to put in words the thoughts. He attached himself to the real and imaginary characters. I had 'the impression that there was no difference between his life and his works. There was the absurd everywhere in reality and imagination."

He himself was absurd, but very credible: was funny, made you think, made you angry, and he had no fear. An intellectual is not to be a snob and he was an anti snob, one of the greatest enfant terrible ever existed. As Coocteau, Oscar Wilde, Matisse and Cole Porter: all persons that cause life, but also they live it in every way. "

And this is his being the enfant terrible that attracted Mika. "It 'sa quality that I search in people, because for me it is a great source of inspiration. I search and I surround me with people that provoke creativity in me, give me a different perspective. My friendships are based on this quality."

When I ask him what, on the other hand, Dario Fo may have found in him, Mika remains silent for long. And then: "I really do not know, I only know that he gave me a lot of tenderness."

Dario found so many of the same qualities in Mika that Mika found in Dario. I wish, I really wish, that Mika could see himself, for just a moment. To see the person he really is. To see his own brilliance and beauty. To see what we see: the LIGHT. The sheer, pure light he carries with him fills a room. He's special in ways he may never understand. But I really wish he could.

Edited by ladyolivier
  • Like 7

Dario found so many of the same qualities in Mika that Mika found in Dario. I wish, I really wish, that Mika could see himself, for just a moment. To see the person he really is. To see his own brilliance and beauty. To see what we see: the LIGHT. The sheer, pure light he carries with him fills a room. He's special in ways he may never understand. But I really wish he could.

:thumb_yello: Thank you so much Ladyoliver, for your beautiful conclusion, which I fully support!  :hug:  :wub:  MIKA really is one of a kind, and I'm so happy I "found him" - 10 years ago, in some few months :wub:   It has been exciting years, in so many ways,  even I didn't have the possibility to "follow him around" at so many concerts.  But I'm extremely happy for what I've got, and hope there will be lots more,  in the years to come.  :fisch: Thanks also to Lucrezia, for your work with translating the art.- you've done so much for all of us, who don't understand Italien!   :hug:    :wub:

Love, love

me

Edited by mamiam
  • Like 3

Mika is on the cover of Vanity Fair for a nice interview about "stasera casa Mika" and more.

You can read a short piece of it here: http://m.vanityfair.it/people/italia/16/10/25/mika-intervista-foto-cover-vanity-fair-casamika?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=marketing&utm_campaign=vanityfair

Is the magazine out today as well?

• Like 1

Mika is on the cover of Vanity Fair for a nice interview about "stasera casa Mika" and more.

You can read a short piece of it here: http://m.vanityfair.it/people/italia/16/10/25/mika-intervista-foto-cover-vanity-fair-casamika?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=marketing&utm_campaign=vanityfair

Grazie Lu!  :thumb_yello: Omg - the pattern and color in his jacket is very much similar to the wall covering in our first appartement from 1975! :naughty: Really retro - but it fits MIKA, who looks lovely, as always... :wub:  Hope we get a translation for what's written, as well ?  :wink2:    

Love, love

me

Edited by mamiam

Adore this! <3 It's so creative - it really does stand out from other covers. He looks so beautiful :wub:  But (yeah I noticed this, I run #themikasanklefanclub ok) they absolutely photoshopped the living daylights out of his ankles & feet  :shocked:  Put down the airbush when you're photographing Mika, dear magazines. He doesn't need it!

• Like 1

Vanity Fair Italia - 2 Novembre 2016

pdf file from http://avaxhome.unblocker.xyz/magazines/VanityFairItalia2Novembre2016.html

30589779355_574fbdb969.jpg

pdf file

Vanity Fair Italia - 2 Novembre 2016

DOWNLOAD link ( 56.3 MB )

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7dhm01xif77vmha/2016_11_VF.pdf

Don't tweet / post the link in public please ?

My old Mediafire account had been deleted by infringements of the copyright. :(

Ciao a tutti!

Qui

https://politecnicobari-my.sharepoint.com/personal/mariagrazia_dotoli_poliba_it/_layouts/15/guestaccess.aspx?guestaccesstoken=e9M8F3qCGHDla9%2b7qLQTZcYeJIiDgo3xeWCA0xZ%2fg1g%3d&docid=14c31333c3efb432e87aa9d38e246f6c7&rev=1

ho caricato il file pdf dell'intervista a Vanity Fair.

Sedetevi prima di guardarla perché ci sono immagini NON MALE!

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Translation

Here's a translation:

Mika means Houdini

When he speaks, Mika draws images. During this interview you'll see him: carrying a huge suitcase that only he sees, lying down on a carpet to avoid feeling like an exile  and then on stage becoming a prisoner in a cage made of eyes, and also transforming himself into a tree, very tall, as it should be. But let's start from the first scene: he's in his kitchen at home, in London, on the phone. He's saying to everyone: "I've got a crazy idea. I want to do a TV show."

And you weren't talking about X-Factor.
A few years ago I said to myself: I will never do TV. But then I did a talent show, which was of such high quality that it allowed me to remain myself in a situation that was dangerous, very dangerous. And then, because you can't keep doing something that doesn't really belong to you for too long, I stopped. At that point there was an invasion of requests, and I responded to this one: Stasera CasaMika. If it goes well, it goes well, if not, I can say that I have tried to make something beautiful.

What is a beautiful thing on TV like, in your opinion?
There were many beautiful things on TV in the past, when television was an event, a mix of humor and quality and a confluence of many excellent things: amazing clothes, exceptional dancers, cutting edge design; entire teams that were working for movies also worked for television. I'm thinking of Mina's shows and Arbore's Indietro tutta! in Italy, of Frank Sinatra's, Elvis's and Cher's specials in America, the variety of the couple Carpentier in France (manufacturers of TV shows from the 50s and 90s, editor's note). Let's say that I thought of all these things when I imagined the program. And I had one condition: that I was given carte blanche on everything, including the details like the logo, promo, clothes.

Did they give it to you?
Yes.

What's it like in CasaMika?
Crowded, there are many friends who come to see me. Virginia Raffaele and Sarah Felberbaum will be a permanent presence in every episode, and I also see many people and interesting things outside the studio. I thought going out was a way of bringing Italy to my house. I'm doing a long and beautiful journey in your country.

Now you know Italy quite well. How do you see it?
It's a place full of contrasts and contradictions, and inhabited by people so different from each other that they don't even seem like compatriots. But this diversity is what gives it enormous cultural wealth. For me Italy is like a long door, even a beautiful corridor to other countries, and it represents my life very well because here I can find something from places where I've lived: London, Paris, but also Lebanon. I also like the fact that Italy has the same cultural autonomy that I find in France: you have celebrities who are real stars even if nobody abroad knows them, and this is nice because it means that the American entertainment machinery hasn't conformed everything.

Before you came to Italy and really got to know it, had you imagined it like this?
No, everything is much more complex. Things in this country aren't easy: the bureaucracy, for example, is unmanageable. But there is life, and it's in the streets, not hidden behind walls, in homes. And you're always less sad when there's life around you.

Our biggest flaw?
Emotion, always. It's the biggest flaw, but also the biggest asset. I know this well because it's also the biggest flaw of my family.

Are we as welcoming as foreigners say we are?
In this regard it is as if Italy was not one, but two countries. There are millions of Italians who are very tolerant, and millions who aren't like that at all. I've always felt this split in France too, but never in England, at least not until two months ago when they voted for Brexit and it became clear to everyone that the "soft" Right isn't soft at all, and it scares me a lot. But if we pay attention, the same thing is happening in America, with Trump: homophobia, sexism and racism are found everywhere in different colors, attributes and manifestations. We are living a situation of great tension, frustration, economic crisis, and in the background there's war. History tells us that when things go well, societies are more tolerant, and when things go wrong, they close up.

Your family has Syrian and Libanese origins, two warring countries.
My mother has relatives in Syria, who have now all fled. But the 25 years of war in Lebanon have transformed my idea of the country where I was born. Its mythology has fragmented itself into small things: a carpet on which I lie down, the scent of the house when we're cooking, the voice of Fairouz (a Lebanese music star, editor's note). But I think it's like that for all exiles and migrants: your country does't exist anymore, you find it elsewhere and so you can take it with you wherever you go.

Do you also do this with the other countries where you've lived?
Yes, I have a great imaginary suitcase on my shoulders, which is very very heavy. In this suitcase there are places and there is also my family: I'm the only child who has run away from home at 2am to join a circus, but has taken all his relatives with him. 

Where do you feel at home now?
Where there is a project and creativity, I am at home. This makes me think of all those who emigrate to find a road that is their own. In Italy this happens a lot, too much, because there are no opportunities for young people, nobody invests in them. The brain drain is also a spirit drain: a generation of kids who dream of escaping is a tragedy for their country. My and my brother's generation are the first who didn't know the world in growth. And this changes your head: the lack of prospects takes away your freedom, the inability to dream is an invisible prison. From which I have always escaped. I ran away from school, from college, from the trap of the pop music machinery: I'm Houdini. I'm always running away, even now. I run away and I carry everything with me. The heaviest suitcases are those that you cannot see.

Will you run away from TV too?
I will run away, I will always change.

But not from music, right?
Singing is the only thing that allows me to run away, it's the most important thing in my life. When you sing, you open a door. When I sing, I feel like I'm speaking another language, a much more complex one, but also a simpler one. A language of signs, of sensuality, with no barriers. It makes me feel free, not powerful, but connected. When I did Rock in Rio (a big music festival, editor's note) in Lisbon in May, there were 80,000 people listening to me, and there, in front of the biggest fear, the biggest prison - there is no prison that is clearer and more explicit than 80 thousand people who are looking you in the eyes - I opened my mouth, I sang and with singing I found the key to open the barriers.

Are you always afraid before you sing?
Always. But you must do it and you do it. It's like sex: isn't it terrifying when you do it for the first time with someone new? But then it passes. It's like seawater when it's cold and you can't decide to enter it. Then the gravity does everything for you.

You mentioned sex with new people, so I have to ask: are you still dating Andreas?
For the last ten years and three weeks. Is it a lot? Yes, no, it depends.

What is the secret of such longevity?
He has left me freedom to change, and so I didn't have to replace him with another person.

He did well: it's always a little scary to see the other person change.
Yes, but he had no choice. We are two very different trees, I like a particular kind of light and a pH of the ground that he doesn't like. So we share neither ground nor light, but we remain here.

And what kind of trees are you?
I'm a pine tree with roots in the ground, but with branches in the wind. He is a chestnut tree that sheds its leaves in winter. But they return in spring. Maybe not all of them, but they return.

Pics

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 7