Mika Fan Club in Aid of the UNHCR!

dcdeb

GREETINGS, MFC'ERS!

As we have hinted, we are celebrating the 9th anniversary of Mika Fan Club with something a little bit different this year. :yay:

We have been enjoying our traditional competitions and giveaways thanks to the generosity of Mika and his team. :wub2:

But now we introduce a special campaign, which allows us to not only honor 9 absolutely INCREDIBLE years of this wonderful community, Mika Fan Club, but enables us to help Syrian refugees in Lebanon by supporting a charity that Mika has recently aligned himself with.

We all followed Mika as he visited refugee families in Lebanon last month with the BBC and the United Nations Refugee Agency (UNHCR) and learned of the hardships they've had to endure. Moved by their plight, Mika Fan Club has set up a special fundraising page on JustGiving.com, with the proceeds going to this charity.

Now as part of the 9th Anniversary celebration of the MFC, Mika is offering fans who donate to this cause two chances at a special prize -- an absolutely gorgeous special edition poster from his "Affinis Consort" concert in Como, Italy, signed and personalized by Mika himself, along with a 2CD Special Edition version of the album "No Place in Heaven" that includes several bonus tracks PLUS 14 tracks from the concert that Mika performed with the L'Orchestre Symphonique de Montreal last year.

como-concert-poster.jpg

ArticleSharedImage-57223.jpg

For each 5 Euro donation you make to our special JustGiving page, your name will be entered into a drawing. For example, if you donate 5 Euros, your name will be entered once; if you donate 15 Euros your name will be entered 3 times... and so on. ****Please include your MFC username in the message box when making your donation. Once your donation has gone through, be sure to tick the box alongside “I'm happy to be contacted by Mika Fan Club," so that we are able to see your email address. If you don't share your email address, we will not be able to notify you if you win!****

At the end of the campaign, TWO NAMES will be drawn and EACH WINNER WILL RECEIVE A SIGNED POSTER/CD SET!

To Enter:

1. If you haven't already, become a member of MFC by visiting Mika Fan Club and registering here: http://www.mikafanclub.com/register

2. Like Mika's Facebook Page and/or follow him on Twitter.

3. Visit the MFC's JustGiving page, and make a donation in an increment of 5 Euros.

The closing date for the drawing is Sunday, 31st January 2016 at 18:00 GMT. Donations may be made after this time, but they will not qualify for the drawing.

The drawing will be conducted on or about 1st February 2016,  and the winners will be announced soon after on MFC, MFC Facebook/Twitter and MIKA's Facebook page.

Full terms and conditions:

1) Entrants must be members of the MFC. 2) Fans may donate as much as they wish, at a minimum 5 Euro per donation. 3) JustGiving.com accepts most currencies, but we will convert the donation amount to Euros to determine the number of entries for the drawing. 4) All monies will be funneled through JustGiving and will not be handled by MFC or Team Mika. 5) Winners to be randomly selected by ticket number. 6) The winners will be announced via www.mikafanclub.com on or about Monday, 1st February 2016.

Any questions? Feel free to ask away here, or PM one of the moderators.

Reminder: In order to be entered into the drawing, you must donate at least 5 Euros or a multiple of 5! A donation of 4 Euros does not get you an entry, and 9 Euros does not get you 2 entries by default!

Once your donation has gone through, be sure to tick the box alongside “I'm happy to be contacted by Mika Fan Club," so that we are able to see your email address and contact you if you should win!

• Like 25

Lovely idea, thanks for all the work you've put into this Deb (and others?)!

Oh yes, there are always others! We have a great Mod Team, and Mika's team is fabulous, too! Not to mention Mika himself! :wub2:

And of course none of this would work, or even matter, without the fantastic members of this community! :group_hug:

I'm overwhelmed that we've raised more than €640 in about 12 hours. You're all amazing! :hi5:

• Like 5

Glad this goes on til the end of the month, as my next wage packet will be a bit light after not working much over Christmas. In a week and a half, I can donate a good amount.  :thumb_yello:

Thanks for organizing! I like it that we can do it as a community, too  :thumb_yello:

I know. I felt that it was important for us to do this as a community! :yes:

done.

better than any gift we might ever give him.

god bless all those poor people.

Absolutely. After all, Mika HAS money! These people need it more. You are so generous!

Glad this goes on til the end of the month, as my next wage packet will be a bit light after not working much over Christmas. In a week and a half, I can donate a good amount.  :thumb_yello:

:yay: