Mikasounds, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram Updates - 2016

Lucrezia

If we're playing this game , I think I have the worst ! they execute gays in Iran. I have a gay friend who is still  a virgin at 25 just from the fear of being hanged. It just goes to show what happens when religion gets involved with politics. 

It's the Roman Catholic Church that causes most of the problems. Not just with the Gay issues, but with things like equality for women. They didn't like the fact that Mary Magdalene had a big part in Jesus's ministry, so they called her a prostitute (which she wasn't) to slur her name.

The church is huge in Italy, but thankfully, not so much in the UK now, but the RC church has a lot to answer for.

I wish things were different. 

It's weird because I'm Catholic (I'm not preaching, I promise :D ) and the whole gay rights thing doesn't bother me. I'm all for supporting it, and the same goes for a lot of Catholics in New Zealand. My Religious Studies teacher at school is a Catholic nun and she supports gay rights. I think it must be a cultural thing for Italy as well because of the influence the church has had for ages. When there was the Synod of the Family, and there was discussion for gay rights, I know that the Cardinal for New Zealand wanted to encourage gay rights within the church. The Catholic church that I know in New Zealand is definitely becoming more supportive and open. 

If you are interested:

(This is what the Pope says, and clearly, about family and gay couples, without confusion and misunderstandings, by intervening directly in the debate on civil unions in Italy) :   http://www.ilfattoquotidiano.it/…/coppie-gay-papa-…/2397256/

A little part here: http://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/jan/23/pope-francis-defends-traditional-marriage-ahead-of-italy-civil-unions-vote

I want to point out that, in addition to the obvious position of the Church on the marriage: "Francesco ha spiegato che “quando la Chiesa, tramite il vostro servizio, si propone di dichiarare la verità sul matrimonio nel caso concreto, per il bene dei fedeli, al tempo stesso tiene sempre presente che quanti, per libera scelta o per infelici circostanze della vita, vivono in uno stato oggettivo di errore (those who, by choice or unhappy circumstances of life, are living in an objective state of error), continuano a essere oggetto dell’amore misericordioso di Cristo e perciò della Chiesa stessa”. :(

This comment ( from http://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/jan/24/protests-held-italy-support-legalising-same-sex-unions-gay-marriage) explains, not entirely, but pretty well the things: 

" Dile76 

Just to clarify the situation, the main point of disagreement in Italy (in Parliament and among the people, while for the Church/pope is NO to allat the moment is not so much the legal partnership between two people of the same sex, but the so called stepchild amendment, which would permit a partner to legally adopt the children of the other partner. Many gay couples went abroad to adopt or use a surrogate, but according to Italian law only one of the two can have parental rights. In the case of lesbian couples, only one mother, the biological one, is recognised. This creates many issues, most seriously, should anything happen to the recognised parent, the children would be taken away from the other parent, even after having been raised by her or him, but also daily struggles like one parent can't sign a permission slip for a school trip (or going to take him/her to school or bring him/her to a doctor, etc.). This children exist, they are not a hypothesis, and people are asking to grant their rights. But the Catholics are claiming that they are protecting children, because every child has a right to one mother and one father. So the situation is a bit more complicated than just civil partnership."

Edited by charlie20
  • Like 1

If you are interested:

(This is what the Pope says, and clearly, about family and gay couples, without confusion and misunderstandings, by intervening directly in the debate on civil unions in Italy) :   http://www.ilfattoquotidiano.it/…/coppie-gay-papa-…/2397256/

A little part here: http://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/jan/23/pope-francis-defends-traditional-marriage-ahead-of-italy-civil-unions-vote

I want to point out that, in addition to the obvious position of the Church on the marriage: "Francesco ha spiegato che “quando la Chiesa, tramite il vostro servizio, si propone di dichiarare la verità sul matrimonio nel caso concreto, per il bene dei fedeli, al tempo stesso tiene sempre presente che quanti, per libera scelta o per infelici circostanze della vita, vivono in uno stato oggettivo di errore (those who, by choice or unhappy circumstances of life, are living in an objective state of error), continuano a essere oggetto dell’amore misericordioso di Cristo e perciò della Chiesa stessa”. :(

This comment ( from http://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/jan/24/protests-held-italy-support-legalising-same-sex-unions-gay-marriage) explains, not entirely, but pretty well the things: 

" Dile76 

Just to clarify the situation, the main point of disagreement in Italy (in Parliament and among the people, while for the Church/pope is NO to allat the moment is not so much the legal partnership between two people of the same sex, but the so called stepchild amendment, which would permit a partner to legally adopt the children of the other partner. Many gay couples went abroad to adopt or use a surrogate, but according to Italian law only one of the two can have parental rights. In the case of lesbian couples, only one mother, the biological one, is recognised. This creates many issues, most seriously, should anything happen to the recognised parent, the children would be taken away from the other parent, even after having been raised by her or him, but also daily struggles like one parent can't sign a permission slip for a school trip (or going to take him/her to school or bring him/her to a doctor, etc.). This children exist, they are not a hypothesis, and people are asking to grant their rights. But the Catholics are claiming that they are protecting children, because every child has a right to one mother and one father. So the situation is a bit more complicated than just civil partnership."

one parent can't sign a permission slip for a school trip (or going to take him/her to school or bring him/her to a doctor, etc.)? What if he/she is a widow or a woman decides to have a baby on her own(by using a sperm doner, for example)?

• Like 1

It's weird because I'm Catholic (I'm not preaching, I promise :D ) and the whole gay rights thing doesn't bother me. I'm all for supporting it, and the same goes for a lot of Catholics in New Zealand. My Religious Studies teacher at school is a Catholic nun and she supports gay rights. I think it must be a cultural thing for Italy as well because of the influence the church has had for ages. When there was the Synod of the Family, and there was discussion for gay rights, I know that the Cardinal for New Zealand wanted to encourage gay rights within the church. The Catholic church that I know in New Zealand is definitely becoming more supportive and open. 

I'm sure Roman Catholics themselves aren't against gay people. It's the ones who run the church that cause the problems. I was actually Christened RC when I was a baby. I left the church when I grew up, as there were many aspects of it I didn't agree with. For me personally, as a person with several disabilities, including Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, I didn't agree with their stance that contraception was against their teachings. They would have expected me to have child after child, and not be able to look after them. There were other reasons I left, but for me, that was the main one.

I have one son and he's brilliant, though it was hard to bring him up, I couldn't have coped with more. 

• Like 1

I'm sure Roman Catholics themselves aren't against gay people. It's the ones who run the church that cause the problems. I was actually Christened RC when I was a baby. I left the church when I grew up, as there were many aspects of it I didn't agree with. For me personally, as a person with several disabilities, including Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, I didn't agree with their stance that contraception was against their teachings. They would have expected me to have child after child, and not be able to look after them. There were other reasons I left, but for me, that was the main one.

I have one son and he's brilliant, though it was hard to bring him up, I couldn't have coped with more. 

I totally respect and understand your point of view :) And sometimes I do wish some things were different in the church, I think that as the younger generation will get more influence, thing will change. At least I hope so :D

one parent can't sign a permission slip for a school trip (or going to take him/her to school or bring him/her to a doctor, etc.)? What if he/she is a widow or a woman decides to have a baby on her own(by using a sperm doner, for example)?

This is about gay couples. One of them has parental rights, the other (partner or husband/wife married in another country outside Italy) hasn’t them. At all, for the Italian law. 

Edited by charlie20

From FB

Mika will be performing at this year's Rock in Rio Lisbon! Bela Vista Park, 20th May - tickets on sale soon! (Photo c Boris Allin)

Edited by BiaIchihara

But the Catholics are claiming that they are protecting children, because every child has a right to one mother and one father. So the situation is a bit more complicated than just civil partnership."

I become pretty angry when I hear or read that these people in politics (who often have several divorces in their life, so their children don't even live with their mother and father together) claim to be only PROTECTING children, because it's just not true. 

They may not appreciate the surrogacy practice, but it won't stop existing if they don't vote this law. This law isn't about surrogacy  :dunno:

• Like 1

I like his attitude so much! He travels around the world, have seen so much, but still enjoys the sea from the window to the extend that has to instagram it :) Like a child :) It makes me smile with joy :fangurl:

Me too! And he is always in well designed places. This makes me happy but at the same time makes me jealous :P

Spot the horse. Sitting on the terrace writing https://www.instagram.com/p/BBHyHqxTiKV/ 

12446121_1727894467447651_1082125996_n.j

This doesn't look like a good place for a horse, or a donkey - the animail should rather be in a field  ;) I wonder what he's writing - is it something for his book, new songs, or...?  :dunno:

Love, love

me

This doesn't look like a good place for a horse, or a donkey - the animail should rather be in a field  ;) I wonder what he's writing - is it something for his book, new songs, or...?  :dunno:

Love, love

me

I think it'll probably be for the book, he's said he only ever writes songs at his piano  :)

• Like 1