Why is Mika not playing in Germany?

hugodaleaux

Hey community:)

I wonder why there is not at least one Concert in Germany. Not 2015, nor 2016... I'm absolutely sure a concert in Cologne would be sold out...

It's a pity he is not coming to Germany. I loved the Concert in Brussels last year but I could not understand him because for the most part he was talking French...

And I can't go to the Concert in London this year...

Does anybody know wether there is some specific reason for this?

Cheers, Fred.

Hey community:)

I wonder why there is not at least one Concert in Germany. Not 2015, nor 2016... I'm absolutely sure a concert in Cologne would be sold out...

It's a pity he is not coming to Germany. I loved the Concert in Brussels last year but I could not understand him because for the most part he was talking French...

And I can't go to the Concert in London this year...

Does anybody know wether there is some specific reason for this?

Cheers, Fred.

He told us in 2012 that he will come back to Germany if he gets the invitations from the German concert agencies. So ask Marek Lieberberg Konzertagentur to bring him to Germany again.

He told us in 2012 that he will come back to Germany if he gets the invitations from the German concert agencies. So ask Marek Lieberberg Konzertagentur to bring him to Germany again.

Well you know, Mika says a lot of things... :mf_rosetinted: I believed this story when he told us, but really, if he wanted to do a gig here, he wouldn't have to rely on Marek Lieberberg, there surely are other options. When I asked him last July, he said we (as fans) can't really do anything and that it will all come back. Fact is, he is concentrating on France (french speaking areas) and Italy since 2013, with the occasional gigs elsewhere. In 2016, there are some more gigs elsewhere than the last years, so I still have hope he *might* eventually add a German gig, too. My theory is that he changed his marketing strategy in 2013 and decided to build and maintain a solid base (and income) in 2 countries (Italy and France) and from there slowly try to get known in other countries again too. Or at least I hope for the latter part of that... but maybe it'll just stay the occasional gig elsewhere. :mf_rosetinted:

I agree with you Fred that it's a pity he doesn't come here and we can't understand him when he speaks french or italian. But on the other hand, a Mika gig in French is still better than no Mika gig at all. His gigs are just too good to miss. :wub2: I'd recommend you come to Paris on May 27, if you can - it will be a very special and unique show, called "Wonderland", in a huge arena. Or if you want to hear him talking english, maybe you can plan a holiday around one of his international gigs (Lisbon, Latvia, Lithuania, maybe even Japan or China?) - I don't know if you enjoy travelling and seeing new places, but if you do, travelling to a Mika gig occasionally is a very good excuse to do that. :teehee:

• Like 2

Well you know, Mika says a lot of things... :mf_rosetinted: I believed this story when he told us, but really, if he wanted to do a gig here, he wouldn't have to rely on Marek Lieberberg, there surely are other options. When I asked him last July, he said we (as fans) can't really do anything and that it will all come back. Fact is, he is concentrating on France (french speaking areas) and Italy since 2013, with the occasional gigs elsewhere. In 2016, there are some more gigs elsewhere than the last years, so I still have hope he *might* eventually add a German gig, too. My theory is that he changed his marketing strategy in 2013 and decided to build and maintain a solid base (and income) in 2 countries (Italy and France) and from there slowly try to get known in other countries again too. Or at least I hope for the latter part of that... but maybe it'll just stay the occasional gig elsewhere. :mf_rosetinted:

I agree with you Fred that it's a pity he doesn't come here and we can't understand him when he speaks french or italian. But on the other hand, a Mika gig in French is still better than no Mika gig at all. His gigs are just too good to miss. :wub2: I'd recommend you come to Paris on May 27, if you can - it will be a very special and unique show, called "Wonderland", in a huge arena. Or if you want to hear him talking english, maybe you can plan a holiday around one of his international gigs (Lisbon, Latvia, Lithuania, maybe even Japan or China?) - I don't know if you enjoy travelling and seeing new places, but if you do, travelling to a Mika gig occasionally is a very good excuse to do that. :teehee:

I agree with what you say. Even with the UK, Mika is dragging his heels. Yet the UK, and of course the US market, are very important for the careers of music artists. You don't get Adele, Sam Smith, or One Direction, ignoring the US and UK. They know it's important for their careers to keep in with the English speaking market, but for some reason, Mika has decided to concentrate mainly on Italy and France.

Germany is just one of the countries Mika isn't going to, at the moment. For the German fans sake, I hope Mika decides to go there soon.

But the UK have only the one gig in London, so we're not much better off. 

I'm in Australia and it's the same thing- he has LOADS of fans here, and he sure knows it. He's seen the appraise he gets, with his own eyes, but the concert agencies have to be willing to sponsor him and have sponsors who can pay for his concert. So what I'm doing, and what you should do, is try to get more Mika radio play, and tell concert agencies of Mika and how popular he is in Germany! Let's hope it works!  :)