Mika @ BOBITAL Festival L'Armor à Sons - FRANCE - 1st July 2016

mari62

It's not very far from where I live....I'd like to go very much, it's a shame it's not on a Saturday night but  I'll see what I can do and I hope it will be possible for me to attend, keeping my fingers crossed :wink2:  Thanks a mil for the information Marina :huglove::flowers2:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

It's not very far from where I live....I'd like to go very much, it's a shame it's not on a Saturday night but  I'll see what I can do and I hope it will be possible for me to attend, keeping my fingers crossed :wink2:  Thanks a mil for the information Marina :huglove::flowers2:

Anne, leaves everything and go there. You deserve it. :huglove:

• Like 1

Anne, leaves everything and go there. You deserve it. :huglove:

I'm thinking of going with my son, so it would be easier...thank you sweetheart :hug:

I have a tick which I bought a long time ago but tonight I saw they were offering a few if you found UFOs on their internet site...so I spent my evening looking for UFOs because if I won ticks it would be a good excuse maybe...

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 1

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festival_de_Bobital

post-18723-0-00019900-1466992340_thumb.png

Oh ! Anne, the place is really near your town. Good luck !!!

• Like 1

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festival_de_Bobital

attachicon.gifmap.png

Oh ! Anne, the place is really near your town. Good luck !!!

It's about an hour and a half drive to get there. If I leave after work I should be on time for Mika. Thank you my sis :hug:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 1

I'm thinking of going with my son, so it would be easier...thank you sweetheart :hug:

I have a tick which I bought a long time ago but tonight I saw they were offering a few if you found UFOs on their internet site...so I spent my evening looking for UFOs because if I won ticks it would be a good excuse maybe...

Hope you can make it. Good luck!   :hug:

• Like 1

Bobital Festival de Bobital. Un gâteau en l'honneur de MikaUn gâteau inédit a été confectionné pour le restaurant VIP du festival de Bobital. Un dessert franco-anglo-libanais, à l'image du chanteur Mika, tête d'affiche de la première soirée. Ses créateurs aimeraient l'appeler le « Mika-do », avec une clé de sol. Mais il faut attendre le verdict de l'artiste !

English translation:

Bobital Bobital festival A new cake recipe was created to honor Mika . An original cake was baked for the VIP restaurant at du Bobital festival . A French-British-Lebanese dessert, as Mika,  the main artist on the first evening. Its creators would like to call it the "Mika-do", with a treble clef .But they have to wait for the verdict of the artist!

post-18723-0-12019600-1467303668_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-77324500-1467303689_thumb.jpg

I read this and I can't stop laughing because:

I baked a cake to be able to go to the festival and it worked as if magic was at work :fairy:

My little dog's name is Mikado :dog:

:floor::lmfao::lmao:

Edited by Kumazzz
adding image files
  • Like 2

Bobital Festival de Bobital. Un gâteau en l'honneur de MikaUn gâteau inédit a été confectionné pour le restaurant VIP du festival de Bobital. Un dessert franco-anglo-libanais, à l'image du chanteur Mika, tête d'affiche de la première soirée. Ses créateurs aimeraient l'appeler le « Mika-do », avec une clé de sol. Mais il faut attendre le verdict de l'artiste !

English translation:
Bobital Bobital festival A new cake recipe was created to honor Mika . An original cake was baked for the VIP restaurant at du Bobital festival . A French-British-Lebanese dessert, as Mika,  the main artist on the first evening. Its creators would like to call it the "Mika-do", with a treble clef .But they have to wait for the verdict of the artist!

I read this and I can't stop laughing because:
I baked a cake to be able to go to the festival and it worked as if magic was at work :fairy:
My little dog's name is Mikado :dog:
:floor::lmfao::lmao:

Good omens for you then :naughty:

• Like 1

:Update: This is a longer version of the same article and its translation with  the cake ingredients and more details :wink2:

http://www.le-petitbleu.fr/2016/06/30/festival-de-bobital-un-gateau-pour-faire-honneur-a-mika/

Last year, for the first time, the pastry school of Aucaleuc had offered to the  festival Armor à sons at Bobital to bake an original cake for the VIP restaurant where  mené Stéphane Le Goff, who used to be in that school and cooks of ESAT ( a school for people with disabilities) The  Chedid family welcomed the cake which name was « Forêt de Brocéliande ( Brocéliande forest ) » very warmly.

« We never knew such a thrill . There was something magical in this communion with the ESAT cooks  », remembers Yoann Rehel, the partner manager for the festival. The  « Forêt de Brocéliande » recipe is now used in several local bakeries.

« This year we offered to create a cake that would match the star guest of the festival's image , Mika » explains Jean-Luc Lajoie, pastry chef and teacher at the school of Aucaleuc.
Once the offer was accepted, the school team started working ; several recipes were tested and tasted.

« Mika is French -British-Lebanese. We wanted the cake to combine ingredients of his three origins. » goes on Jean-Luc Lajoie.
The style, the know how of this cake are French, the ingredients British-Lebanese.   That's why you can find in this delicious cake recipe zaatar, a mix of Lebanese spices, chocolate, peppers. « Yes,  peppers. I think I am the first who added peppers to chocolate, thirty years ago! » specifies the pastry chef.

In the cake there is also English toffee and fudge in a creamy milky mousse , citruses, grated lemon and orange rinds. A colorful frosting reminiscent of Mika's latest CD cover completes this delicious artwork.

It is a  delicious cake made of French-British-Lebanese ingredients. 240 cakes will be baked for the festival.
The creators of the recipe would like to name this pastry: « The Mika » or the  « Mika-do » with a treble clef. They are waiting for the artist endorsement; they hope he will like this cake that is like him, full of colors and eccentric . 240 cakes will be made for the  VIP restaurant of the festival Armor à sons.

Mika, who will be the star guest of Friday evening , will be the first who will taste this delight.

Serge MINOC (CLP)
  • Like 3