unicornmika

Basically (apparently),

it's this video that Phil filmed saying how he loved Dan. And I know I shouldn't have watched it but I did (it made me cry). He made it to upload 'accidently' on April fools onto youtube. but then he didn't because he thought it would be a bit mean for the fans. Youtube then malfunctioned (I suppose I could say that) and did actually make the private video unprivate so that everyone could see. This was like 2010. It died down pretty quickly as there weren't many people in the phandom. Then in 2012 it went kinda 'viral' again when people posted it on tumblr and there were loads of people in the phandom now. Dan replied to all the comments saying phan wasn't real and phil tried to get every video taken down because of copyright. People say they had a major fall out over this and it put their friendship on the line. Also, everybody in 2012 who wrote anything about phan being real got loads of hate and got bullied online.

Heres a really good link I found because I'm not really good at explaining : http://phanswers.tumblr.com/vdayvid

I read the transcript of the video but I couldn't bring myself to watch the video even though I managed to find it. I just felt so guilty that I just couldn't do it. Do you think it's a prank or real? It literally affected me for ages and I couldn't stop thinking about it, especially after I fell down a rabbit hole of tumblr pages dedicated to "proving" Phan and that the video was real. I ended up making a chart type thing debating whether it was real or not. I'm not even a Phan shipper so I don't know why it affected me so much :D:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I read the transcript of the video but I couldn't bring myself to watch the video even though I managed to find it. I just felt so guilty that I just couldn't do it. Do you think it's a prank or real? It literally affected me for ages and I couldn't stop thinking about it, especially after I fell down a rabbit hole of tumblr pages dedicated to "proving" Phan and that the video was real. I ended up making a chart type thing debating whether it was real or not. I'm not even a Phan shipper so I don't know why it affected me so much :D:lol:

OMG yes same! I did watch the video and it is heart melting but as long as you don't share it with other people, I wasn't that guilty when watching it, just because I knew what was coming. I think the phandom just takes 'shipping' to another level. shipping is supposed to be when you think 2 people would look good together (which is what I think) but hardcore phandom shippers try to prove phan is real and it really affected them in 2012.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Youtubers put their videos on yotube red and if the subscribers want to watch it they have to pay

Oh, well they did put time and effort into making it and money so they have to make some money out of it to pay for the making costs and youtube is their job so they have to make money somehow otherwise they will be homeless and wont make videos and we will be sad but idk

Oh, well they did put time and effort into making it and money so they have to make some money out of it to pay for the making costs and youtube is their job so they have to make money somehow otherwise they will be homeless and wont make videos and we will be sad but idk

Yeah, like I get that but YouTube makes it super expensive and you have to get a subscription. So in the whole scheme of things, it's YouTube who is making most of the money. I think it would be better if they released a DVD like Caspar and Joe

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...