Journal d'un optimiste accidentel

frenchfan84

Hi everyone !

I'm here to tell you that Mika's book is now available in pre-order in the french edition (I think XD)

It will be available on the 18th of may apparently in France at 20€

Here is a link from the FNAC website !

http://livre.fnac.com/a9554258/Mika-Journal-d-un-optimiste-accidentel

I really hope that this will be the real date But I think that if the FNAC has made it available it means that it will be the realeasing date =)

I have to say that it is not sure for the moment and that I really wish i'll have it quickly !!!! XD

• Like 7

Is this saying the book will be published in French? :blink:

I guess I'd probably be more inclined to believe this date if it was from an Italian site, simply because Mika is writing for an Italian publishing house. Plus, didn't he just say as of a few weeks ago that he still was working on it?  I'm not sure how long it takes to put a book into production there, but it usually takes longer than two months here. Plus if it needs to be edited, proofread, revised, translated, then printed? :dunno:

I'm not saying it's not possible, just that I wouldn't hold my breath! :naughty:

Just like I wouldn't hold my breath for an English version. At least not right away. I'm happy to be proven wrong, though! :thumb_yello:

• Like 5

Is this saying the book will be published in French? :blink:

I guess I'd probably be more inclined to believe this date if it was from an Italian site, simply because Mika is writing for an Italian publishing house. Plus, didn't he just say as of a few weeks ago that he still was working on it?  I'm not sure how long it takes to put a book into production there, but it usually takes longer than two months here. Plus if it needs to be edited, proofread, revised, translated, then printed? :dunno:

I'm not saying it's not possible, just that I wouldn't hold my breath! :naughty:

Just like I wouldn't hold my breath for an English version. At least not right away. I'm happy to be proven wrong, though! :thumb_yello:

:) Yes, if I remember it right, it was in one of those recent Asian interviews, that MIKA was talking about this book,  he's still working on... :dunno:

Love, love

me

As I told you, nothing is confirmed. 

We don't actualy know it it will be in french or in italian or in english... 

Mika said that he was still working on it but maybe he have almost done it =)

Publishing a book might be long but I think that they can stand this date

Well...; I hope so....

Let's see =)

• Like 1

I think the date they posted is pretty reasonable. And what makes it even more believable is that FNAC posted it. But there's no cover picture, Mika didn't say anything about finishing his book... we have nothing official.

I'm not sure what to think here! 

I was very surprised too ,but how FNAC may have the info that Mika is writting a book whose tittle is "le journal d'un optimiste accidentel" if it's not true? :shocked:

Edited by carafon
  • Like 2

I wonder which language Mika wrote his book in...or if he wrote it in several languages... :dunno: After all he speaks all those languages...he used to write his La Republica chronicles in English and they were translated in Italian back then...I'm wondering that because the first version with a release date seems to be in French ....

• Like 2

I was very surprised too ,but how FNAC may have the info that Mika is writting a book whose tittle is "le journal d'un optimiste accidentel" if it's not true? :shocked:

It may be old information, based on what they were told some months ago. I seem to recall that the publication date of autumn 2015 was announced before, right? :dunno:

i'm holding out a little hope for an English version because Rizzoli does have an imprint that publishes in the States

True, but there's nothing on their list of upcoming publications so far:

http://www.rizzoliusa.com/future-publications/

Of course, I don't see anything about him at all on Rizzoli's Italian website, either.

http://www.rizzoli.eu/

I wonder which language Mika wrote his book in...or if he wrote it in several languages... :dunno: After all he speaks all those languages...he used to write his La Republica chronicles in English and they were translated in Italian back then...I'm wondering that because the first version with a release date seems to be in French ....

I would guess that he's writing it in English -- IIRC he's even said he thinks mostly in English. His Italian vocabulary is outstanding, but I think to express himself thoroughly he'll need to write in the language he's most comfortable with. I mean, he even has Doriand to help him with his French lyrics, and he's quite fluent in French, too.

• Like 1

It may be old information, based on what they were told some months ago. I seem to recall that the publication date of autumn 2015 was announced before, right? :dunno:

Well FNAC is a very serious seller, they usually propose preorder only when they already have pre-pruchased their stock and if they present a title and a release date then I suppose those have been officially confirmed by editor during the process. Which wouldn't prevent an eventual official change of title/date in the future , of course, but I would really think they are up to date with LATTES, the french editor (and would actually be the first ones to inform us about a change if one have to happen  )

The book is also available for preorder on Amazon.fr   ;)

• Like 2

Could this be the publishers' way of pressuring Mika? He said that he's behind schedule. Maybe by setting a release date they're hoping to pressure him into finishing it? Idk, I know nothing of how publishing works, just trying to make sense of this XD

Well FNAC is a very serious seller, they usually propose preorder only when they already have pre-pruchased their stock and if they present a title and a release date then I suppose those have been officially confirmed by editor during the process. Which wouldn't prevent an eventual official change of title/date in the future , of course, but I would really think they are up to date with LATTES, the french editor (and would actually be the first ones to inform us about a change if one have to happen  )

The book is also available for preorder on Amazon.fr   ;)

It doesn't say it was written by Mika ..although the name , price and title are the same....

True, but there's nothing on their list of upcoming publications so far:

http://www.rizzoliusa.com/future-publications/

Of course, I don't see anything about him at all on Rizzoli's Italian website, either.

http://www.rizzoli.eu/

I would guess that he's writing it in English -- IIRC he's even said he thinks mostly in English. His Italian vocabulary is outstanding, but I think to express himself thoroughly he'll need to write in the language he's most comfortable with. I mean, he even has Doriand to help him with his French lyrics, and he's quite fluent in French, too.

My thoughts too Deb :thumb_yello: and that gives me good hopes that the English version will be released too. 

• 1 month later...

I know it was realesed a long time ago but I wanted to post the cover of the book so here is the link XD

http://livre.fnac.com/a9554258/Mika-Journal-d-un-optimiste-accidentel

And I really think it will be realesed on the 18th of may 'cause others website are making it available on this day like a very famous french store which sell every type of everything XD

http://www.e-leclerc.com/espace+culturel/produit/journal-d-un-optimiste-accidentel,28798547/

• Like 2

And I really think it will be realesed on the 18th of may 'cause others website are making it available on this day like a very famous french store which sell every type of everything XD

http://www.e-leclerc.com/espace+culturel/produit/journal-d-un-optimiste-accidentel,28798547/

It looks serious indeed and there are more details this time :thumb_yello: Thanks a lot for sharing Deborah :huglove:

I keep thinking this is so weird, though. The book was commissioned (is that the right word?) by an Italian publishing house, so the most logic conclusion to me is that the book should be released here first, or at least at the same time as in France, but I don't think there's such news here about the book coming out in just 3 weeks. I'm not really following how this thing is going, though, therefore if there's something I don't know, please do tell me. However, I think news like that wouldn't go unnoticed among fans and if this book is really coming out in 3 weeks, it's about time to get some official info about it, which we don't have yet.

• Like 1

I keep thinking this is so weird, though. The book was commissioned (is that the right word?) by an Italian publishing house, so the most logic conclusion to me is that the book should be released here first, or at least at the same time as in France, but I don't think there's such news here about the book coming out in just 3 weeks. I'm not really following how this thing is going, though, therefore if there's something I don't know, please do tell me. However, I think news like that wouldn't go unnoticed among fans and if this book is really coming out in 3 weeks, it's about time to get some official info about it, which we don't have yet.

Yes it really is weird... Amazon.ca added it a couple days ago. The book (in french) is currently unavailable but the release date is May 18 as well.. https://www.amazon.ca/JOURNAL-DUN-OPTIMISTE-ACCIDENTEL-MIKA/dp/2709656213/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1461620122&sr=8-1&keywords=journal+d%27un+optimiste+accidentel

I would like to now in which language he wrote it, because that's the version I want to read, not a translation. :unsure:  

• Like 1