2016 - Palladium, London, UK -- 05 June - Reports/Pics/Vids

Kumazzz

:(  :tears:

At least three dates - or two - were better than just one.  It's good that he goes to London at least, but even one more UK date would be appreciated.

Scotland misses you, Mika! :scot:

I know :tears:

But at the last conversation that I had with him on the subject.... When he had just cancelled the Glasgow gig in 2012 - I said ' there are a lot of very disappointed people' ..... He said ... ' I know - I will be back'.

• Like 2

Hi everyone, i love reading your reports :wub:

I am uploading my videos on Youtube but that always takes a little time.

I will also add my photos.

Oh my, the gig was soooo fabulous. It was the first time I was that near the stage (row C) and I now understand how that takes the show to a whole new level.

I'm still in post gig depression :teehee:

I will write a report later in the day, but just quickly wanted to tell you how I enjoyed the show. And my husband did too.

There is something special about the UK shows, dunno what...but there is.

My only regret is that I arrived too late at the meeting (my husband fault FYI), it was 6.30 so a lot of you were leaving. BUT I was just in time for the pic :mf_rosetinted: So happy about that.

I'm also happy that I could have a chat with some of you, also at the theatre.

Can't wait for another gig!

• Like 1

There is something very strange about this video. I uploaded it in HD and when watching it directly on Youtube on my computer (or the Youtube channel on my TV), it's very good quality.

But when I share it on FB, Twitter or even here, I see it blurred.

How's the video for you guys when you click on the link I gave you?

Edited by Ambroisette
  • Like 1

There is something very strange about this video. I uploaded it in HD and when watching it directly on Youtube on my computer (or the Youtube channel on my TV), it's very good quality.

But when I share it on FB, Twitter or even here, I see it blurred.

How's the video for you guys when you click on the link I gave you?

Don't worry,

your video

works very good, you should click on [HD]1080p. :thumb_yello:

Don't worry,

your video

Mika London Palladium 2016 - Love Today Confetti finale

works very good, you should click on [HD]1080p. :thumb_yello:

Thank you, at least you can see it as is should be seen! :)

But that's the point, we have to click on HD 1080p to see it in good quality. And when sharing it on FB or Twitter, we can't do this and we see it in bad quality.

Same thing if I watch it on my mobile phone Youtube app...

When I uploaded videos a few months ago on Youtube, the HD quality upload was done automatically and I didn't have to click on anything afterwards when watching it.

I'd like to upload it directly on HD 1080 quality. Maybe it is, tho...because I see "HD" written in the corner of the video when watching it on my TV Youtube channel.

It drives me nuts not to understand anything, lol! :shocked:

I don't know if what I try to explain is very clear :fisch:

*EDIT*

Found the solution: When uploading the video, I have to ad the following tag so that it'll appear automatically in HD 1080---->

yt:quality=high

But that still doesn't work on Twitter or youtube, tho :doh:

Edited by Ambroisette
  • Like 1

Adding my bit… finally...

Absolutely loved the show. Like I was hoping, it was more of a gig, and less of an extravaganza than Paris, AND he did Promiseland (yay!). AND Ordinary Man which is the first time I’ve seen him do that live – brilliant! As has been mentioned, there were no French songs, so maybe someone took onboard the negative comments about them after the last London show (although I personally don’t mind him including one or two - please God not EMD though!).

Now the pros and cons of seated venues. Pro is obviously that you don’t have to queue from stupid-o’clock, and you don’t have the stand in a crush for ages before the main artist takes the stage. Con is that it feels a bit restrictive staying in your row. I am therefore going to invent a new style of seating which would allow people the freedom to arrive at a sensible time, then sit down, wander about, get drinks, etc. without losing their place, and then disappear into the floor the second the artist comes onstage. I think it’d be a total winner :yes:.

As for this gig – there’s a big part of me that still yearns for the simpler times of the early days when Mika just wore jeans and t-shirt, ands the emphasis was on the music only, rather than the set. It was the music I fell in love with, along with his exuberance and giggly self-depracation, his bonkers stories, and all the mistakes he used to make. Now it feels less chaotic, more like a slick machine and a lot of the fun has disappeared, although he did still ramble quite a bit with his stories. But then things can’t stay the same, I do realise. He’s not going to be playing to 30 people in a grotty basement venue in Digbeth, and he’s not going to be doing the ICA anytime soon. He’s in his thirties now, and I’m well over a hundred, so it’s a different era. It’s probably always the case when you discover (or stumble upon) an artist at the very beginning of their career and watch them evolve – somewhere along the line, they either become successful and change, or worse -  they don’t make it and give up. It’s a bit like discovering an amazing out-of-the-way unspoilt holiday destination, only for thousands of other people to later discover it too, and turn it into a resort.

It’s a different era on here as well, I kind of miss the – er – debates (arguments?!!!) of the early days when I knew who most of the people on here were, getting tickets for TV appearances, and having ridiculous late-night conversations about New Year’s Eve playlists, baguettes, and grey underpants  :teehee:. I rarely post here now, there are thousands of people I’ve never met, and I’m quite annoyed that I had to rush off at the end of the Palladium gig so never saw any of the people I actually DO know! The only person I did see was Mrs P, who greeted me like a long-lost friend, bless her!

What I would say is that the packed Palladium, and the reaction from the audience, proved that the UK deserves a couple more gigs. If I was French I could have sat there when the dates were announced and chosen which to go to. In the UK, it was a choice of one. My circumstances now mean I can’t whizz off at the drop of a hat any more to Russia, Lithuania, Beirut or other far-flung places. Some pre-Christmas UK gigs would be a good idea, mixture of standing ones and seated ones (if I haven’t finished my new-seating-invention by then!), small venues, pared back set… a bit like Unplugged from the ‘olden days’ if anyone can remember that far back! That would be perfect :mf_rosetinted:.

Until then, yes, Sunday night’s gig was absolutely good enough to be going on with, and actually much better than my pessimistic self was expecting. And yes he played a lot of the songs I wanted. Not all, I would have made a couple of substitutions, but then I realise he is doing a Mika show, not a What-Enigma-Wants-To-Hear show ;).

• Like 12

Now the pros and cons of seated venues. Pro is obviously that you don’t have to queue from stupid-o’clock, and you don’t have the stand in a crush for ages before the main artist takes the stage. Con is that it feels a bit restrictive staying in your row. I am therefore going to invent a new style of seating which would allow people the freedom to arrive at a sensible time, then sit down, wander about, get drinks, etc. without losing their place, and then disappear into the floor the second the artist comes onstage. I think it’d be a total winner :yes:.

This is exactly what gigs were like in Toronto when I was a teenager. As soon as the lights went down you could rush to the front so as long as you were seated in the first 10 or 15 rows you had no trouble being front row. Security is really strict now though and they give you a hard time if you even stand 6 inches into the aisle, away from your seat. A lot of big artists now have special stage arrangements where if you are in the pit I don't think you'd really have to queue or worry about coming or going because there is no "front". But those are expensive and hard to come by tickets.

Totally agree with you about the new era, the slick show, etc. and how things must change. I find it too boring to inspire travelling to far flung destinations as well but this did seem like a much better setlist and energy than the October show. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

And thanks everyone for the pics. I caught some of the show on a periscope of a Chinese stream so it wasn't very clear and it's nice to see some sharp pics and vids.

I personally think that one of the differences between now and 'then' is the quality of the pics and videos which people are kind enough to share. As technology has evolved along with Mika, the quality today is amazing. Thank you so much to everyone who takes the time to take them in the first place then goes to the trouble of sharing. They are amazing.

As for the shows... Yep.... It's a totally different 'product' that we see today isn't it. But then, to be fair, I for one am a fairly different person too. I don't think I would have the energy to do what I did in 07!

• Like 5

As for the shows... Yep.... It's a totally different 'product' that we see today isn't it. But then, to be fair, I for one am a fairly different person too. I don't think I would have the energy to do what I did in 07!

What exactly did you do in 2007? I'd like to know, hihi ;-)

What exactly did you do in 2007? I'd like to know, hihi ;-)

Went to lots and lots of gigs.... Queued for hours and hours outside the venues then inside then again waiting for Mika afterwards. Spent almost every waking moment on MFC and was just totally obsessed.... And it wasn't just 07... It went on at that pace for at least six years :teehee: but I wasn't alone ;)

• Like 5

All these pics are so beautiful :wub:  :wub:  :wub: Whaaawww :yes:

I finished sorting mine and am still uploading my videos...waiting to have them all to post them all together (it'l take some time since Youtube is slow).

I'd like to post my pics, tho... but what hosting site should I choose? Something quick and easy please, cause I have a lot :fisch: Thanks!

• Like 1

Sounds like a good idea to me :thumb_yello:

And yes the UK totally deserves more gigs :pray:

• Like 5

Went to lots and lots of gigs.... Queued for hours and hours outside the venues then inside then again waiting for Mika afterwards. Spent almost every waking moment on MFC and was just totally obsessed.... And it wasn't just 07... It went on at that pace for at least six years :teehee: but I wasn't alone ;)

Ah, those were the days :rolleyes:.

• Like 3

All these pics are so beautiful :wub:  :wub:  :wub: Whaaawww :yes:

I finished sorting mine and am still uploading my videos...waiting to have them all to post them all together (it'l take some time since Youtube is slow).

I'd like to post my pics, tho... but what hosting site should I choose? Something quick and easy please, cause I have a lot :fisch: Thanks!

Photobucket, or a public album on facebook.
  • Like 1