Woman speaking at the end of Relax?

Hello everyone! Hope you're having a nice day :)

Okay so back in June, when I was in Switzerland to see Mika (so many memories :wub:) I bought his entire discography. This morning I put Life In Cartoon Motion into the CD player so I could listen to it while doing some handiwork in the house, and at the end of Relax... surprise! A women starts taking! :shocked:  I've played the CD before many times, but I guess I always skipped this track? Or I somehow didn't notice the woman talking. In any case, I was surprised.

The woman has a thick accent. She says something like: "Same day I went to dress for wedding, same day while I want married, what happened? He go married another girl. When he married another girl I am very very sad I can't walk like (???) my legs, how he married different lady? I no believe. After one month I am sat up in balcony, some bomb come for my eyes, my eyes gone now I have only one eyes. I did not marry any man after that."

I'm very confused. Who is this lady? Why is she speaking at the end of Relax? Do you guys have this too or is it just my CD?

• Like 1

Okay so back in June, when I was in Switzerland to see Mika (so many memories :wub:) I bought his entire discography. This morning I put Life In Cartoon Motion into the CD player so I could listen to it while doing some handiwork in the house, and at the end of Relax... surprise! A women starts taking! :shocked:  I've played the CD before many times, but I guess I always skipped this track? Or I somehow didn't notice the woman talking. In any case, I was surprised.

The woman has a thick accent. She says something like: "Same day I went to dress for wedding, same day while I want married, what happened? He go married another girl. When he married another girl I am very very sad I can't walk like (???) my legs, how he married different lady? I no believe. After one month I am sat up in balcony, some bomb come for my eyes, my eyes gone now I have only one eyes. I did not marry any man after that."

I'm very confused. Who is this lady? Why is she speaking at the end of Relax? Do you guys have this too or is it just my CD?

She's Mika's family friend from Lebanon. Even though her speech starts at the end of Relax, I think it's supposed to be an introduction to Any Other World, which is the next song on the album and was inspired by the war in Lebanon. The woman lost her eye during a bombing there.

Edited by Lunari
  • Like 3

It's on every cd, don't worry, you're not the only one who has it. :naughty: I've never could really understand what she was saying to be honest.  :stifle:

Edited by We-Are-Golden
  • Like 1

She's Mika's family friend from Lebanon. Even though her speech starts at the end of Relax, I think it's supposed to be an introduction to Any Other World, which is the next song on the album and was inspired by the war in Lebanon. The woman lost her eye during a bombing there.

It's on every cd, don't worry, you're not the only one who has it. :naughty: I've never could really understand what she was saying to be honest.  :stifle:

Thanks guys! I'm glad it's on every CD, I was starting to think mine went crazy :teehee:

That's a very interesting story! And it certainly makes me look at Any Other World differently. I'm so proud of Mika for being the wonderful person he is.

• Like 1

Actually that is the intro for Any Other World,the woman is Raffa Kobeisi,a friend of Mika's family from Lebanon. She also appears on Grace Kelly video,you can read about her story on this thread : http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/18978-raffa-kobeisi-story/  :wink2:

Edited by krysady
  • Like 4

I have always wondered about this too! I agree... any other world is a whole new song now.. :o

She says more after AOW too, had you guys heard that before?

Her story's after Relax on your CD? It's after Ring Ring on mine.

Actually that is the intro for Any Other World,the woman is Raffa Kobeisi,a friend of Mika's family from Lebanon. She also appears on Grace Kelly video,you can read about her story on this thread : http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/18978-raffa-kobeisi-story/  :wink2:

she's in the Love Today video too

• Like 3

I had no idea,thanks!  :)

she is the Lady who Comes out of the cake. Somewhere must be the " making of Love Today " Video and you can see how Mika laughs when they tried to put her into the cake and he talks about her.

• Like 3

she is the Lady who Comes out of the cake. Somewhere must be the " making of Love Today " Video and you can see how Mika laughs when they tried to put her into the cake and he talks about her.

Thanks Sabine! I think I've missed the making of Love Today video,and can't find it on YT  :dunno:

• Like 1

Her story's after Relax on your CD? It's after Ring Ring on mine.

she's in the Love Today video too

Thank you everyone! I had no idea! This is really interesting, and i'm definitely going to check out this lady's story. I didn't notice the rest of her story after AOW, thanks Dee :) Wow, this is amazing.

Thanks Sabine! I think I've missed the making of Love Today video,and can't find it on YT  :dunno:

I can't find it either :(

Lyrics after Relax

"Same day I want to dress for wedding
Same day while i won't married
What happened, He's go married another girl
While he was married another girl, I was very very sad
I can talk like God take my legs
How he's made a different lady, I no believe.

After one month i am send out to balcony
Some bomb, come for my eyes. My eyes gone.
My eyes gone in bomb, now i have only one eyes.
I am sad, until now I no married any man after."

Lyrics after Any Other World :

"I never ever, I forget my story.
My face is not sad, but inside, I am sad."

• Like 3

Lyrics after Relax

"Same day I want to dress for wedding

Same day while i won't married

What happened, He's go married another girl

While he was married another girl, I was very very sad

I can talk like God take my legs

How he's made a different lady, I no believe.

After one month i am send out to balcony

Some bomb, come for my eyes. My eyes gone.

My eyes gone in bomb, now i have only one eyes.

I am sad, until now I no married any man after."

Lyrics after Any Other World :

"I never ever, I forget my story.

My face is not sad, but inside, I am sad."

Thanks for the detailed lyrics! Interesting and sad story :(

Yeah, I've heard it before ;) I just never knew that it was in connection to one of the songs, and not just the whole album  :mf_rosetinted:

• 3 years later...
On 7/10/2016 at 2:32 PM, thesadchicken said:

I read that tittle with the woman's voice ^_^ I'm sure I'm not alone