======

Media

======

ALL of MEDIA photos 2016_07_28_Trieste

Trieste Prima

http://tiny.cc/jgbddy

post-18723-0-10455200-1469916332_thumb.jpg

Concerto Mika in piazza Unità a Trieste FOTO

Piazza Unità gremita per la tappa triestina del tour di Mika: oltre seimila persone in piazza per il tour estivo del cantante anglo - libanese (ormai ex giudice di X-Factor visto che per quest'anno non ha rinnovato la sua presenza).

Ieri sera, 28 luglio, Mika è arrivato a Trieste, forte dello strepitoso successo delle tappe precedenti, con il suo tour da record "No place in Heaven".

Mika, ha conquistato anche Trieste con la sua semplicità, la sua eleganza ed la sua spigliatezza. L'artista, infatti, si è esibito, come un vero e proprio show-man, ballando, suonando e cantando i suoi pezzi, con un'energia inevitabilemente coinvolgente.

Il pubblico, entusiasta dall'inizio alla fine del live, ha acclamato Mika e cantato assieme a lui, non solo i singoli più famosi, come "Grace Kelly" o "No Happy Ending" o  la struggente "No place in Heaven" (quest'ultima dà anche il nome all'omonimo disco).

Il vento sostenuto non ha smorzato l'entusiasmo e la voglia di divertimento dei triestini.

Grazie Mika per le emozioni.

28lug16. Mika (Foto di Giada Genzo)

http://www.triesteprima.it/foto/eventi/28lug16-mika-foto-di-giada-genzo/

Edited by Kumazzz
adding details
  • Like 1

Setlist by Honey Pie

Thanks a lot, Luisa !

https://twitter.com/DropOfSea/status/759000215844040709

1. No Place In Heaven ( acoustic )
  2. Big Girl
  3. Talk About You
  4. Grace Kelly
  5. Kick Ass
  6. Billy Brown
  7. Good Guys
  8. Boum Boum Boum
  9. Relax
  10. Staring at The Sun
  11. Underwater
  12. Lollipop
  13. Beautiful Disaster
  14. Happy Ending
  15. We Are Golden
  16. Last Party
  17. Stardust
  18. Love Today

post-18723-0-12845600-1469799864_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 3

Before the show a small orchestra, a chorus and a group of kids sang two songs. The kids were wearing white gloves and they were interpreting the songs in the International Sign Language. I think that Mika was impressed by their performance

post-23744-0-38529500-1469807436_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

Before the show a small orchestra, a chorus and a group of kids sang two songs. The kids were wearing white gloves and they were interpreting the songs in the International Sign Language. I think that Mika was impressed by their performance

Thanks! Must have been quite impressive :)

• Like 1

He came on stage, put on a pair of white gloves and silently greeted us using “mika” sign language. It was his sensitive, elegant and inclusive way to acknowledge and thank the Coro de Manos Blancas (White Hands Choir) of Friuli for their performance. 

In Trieste, opening for Mika, besides the sister duo Xylaroo - whom we have become fond of - there was an orchestra  of teenagers and young adults with disabilities including a choir of deaf-mute children choreographed with white-gloved dancing hands.  And as only Mika can endorse, their ideal of inclusion means creating the right conditions, identifying what people can do, and developing that.

Once again we cannot but be proud of Mika. 

Check out more info about the dancing white-gloved hands and José Antonio Abreu his El Sistema. 

Edited by chookers
  • Like 7

Nice concert. Maybe not my favourite, but Mika's voice was on top form in my opinion. I arrived quite late (8.30) since I was there with my daughter and a friend. There were still some free spots on the far side first row which was ideal for my daughter since the stage was soooooooo high.

We catched the very beginning of Xylaroo. I really like those girls, and their voice was very clean and strong yesterday.

The venue was gorgeous: a beautiful italian "piazza", where some of the light effects were mapped projected to the buildings.

As it was mentioned many times before, Mika has really some skilled light designers working for him. The lighting of each concert of this tour I have seen works extremely well.

Mika was speaking quite a lot (too much according to my friend :)) and trying to involve also the people watching from the windows of the nearby palaces and from a cafe' on the side of the venue. He mentioned that he was sitting two years ago in the same cafe' with his sister, and never would have tought he would have sang there in two years.

He also praised the audience saying they were the ones singing more on tune during this tour, especially the males.

Concerning the audience, I had a very annoying lady close to me who kept screaming "I Love you, ti amo, marry me" at every possible occasion. I do not understand what these ladies think they can get by doing this. Of course he will jump from the stage towards them and propose :doh:

I can hardly justify teenagers, but older ladies????  She was just so annoying.

I also hated those that kept chatting during the unplugged version of Happy Ending.....this time it did not work for me as well as other times. It is really chilling in small venues with respectful audiences.....it wasn't this time.

The main surprise of the night was likely Kickass. Beside that I also liked Staring at the Sun with lots of baloons thrown to the audience. I had not seen that before and of course it was great fun for my daughter.

The other songs (underwater with the light / stars.....lollipop with tapping on the piano...etc...) were pretty much as in the recent concerts of the tour. I still enjoy them though. Too bad it is over for me now.

• Like 9

Omg did Mika signed anything ? Even à thank you ? Ooooh i'd love him to sign with me...

Thanks a lot for explanations, Coro Manos Blancas del Friuli is fantastic !

“…imparano la musica con il cuore e, se non hanno la voce, la cantano con le mani, le loro piccole mani avvolte dai guanti bianchi..."

José Antonio Abreu

Wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9_Antonio_Abreu

On 7/30/2016 at 12:50 AM, zia Giovi said:

On 7/30/2016 at 1:22 AM, chookers said:

He came on stage, put on a pair of white gloves and silently greeted us using “mika” sign language. It was his sensitive, elegant and inclusive way to acknowledge and thank the Coro de Manos Blancas (White Hands Choir) of Friuli for their performance. 

In Trieste, opening for Mika, besides the sister duo Xylaroo - whom we have become fond of - there was an orchestra  of teenagers and young adults with disabilities including a choir of deaf-mute children choreographed with white-gloved dancing hands.  And as only Mika can endorse, their ideal of inclusion means creating the right conditions, identifying what people can do, and developing that.

Once again we cannot but be proud of Mika. 

Check out more info about the dancing white-gloved hands and José Antonio Abreu his El Sistema. 

Thanks a lot !

Found a pic from MIKA - Live in Trieste

trieste-2016.thumb.jpg.30328636e97a442655903a22d37d0c1a.jpg

trieste-2016..thumb.jpg.18d5e89059b585ccaf18d342c7e8176b.jpg

and their facebook Coro Manos Blancas del Friuli shares

66bdee7904efec642931284c32cbaa2a.thumb.jpg.4c900f69f57415af601f5482efdcf62a.jpg

13658972_1624410691184217_15285963696663

13654308_1624410651184221_75356506486570

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 6

( I watched Mika doing with white gloves on stage via periscope, but couldn't understand what he did... :blush-anim-cl: )

Periscopes by ada torelli@adatorelli

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 2

Foglio Goriziano

http://www.fogliogoriziano.com/cultura/mika-conquista-trieste/

Mika conquista Trieste

29 luglio 2016

Si è presentato sul palco di piazza Unità indossando un paio di guanti bianchi.

Il simbolo delle “Manos Blancas”, il coro formato da bambini con deficit cognitivi e sensoriali, progetto nato proprio nella nostra regione grazie alla collaborazione con “La Nostra Famiglia” di San Vito al Tagliamento, sulle orme dell’omonimo progetto nato a fine anni novanta in Venezuela. Al coro, formato da 23 elementi diretti da Paola Garofalo, la star anglo-libanese ha voluto così regalare una affettuosa dedica in apertura della tappa triestina del suo tour, che negli ultimi mesi lo ha portato nei palazzetti delle più grandi città italiane ed europee, ma anche in Asia e in America, prima di fare ritorno in Italia, Paese che a tutti gli effetti lo sta adottando artisticamente e non solo.

Sul palco di piazza Unità, Mika ha proposto tutti i suoi più grandi successi, da “Grace Kelly” a “Stardust” da “Relax” a “Good Guys”, da “Love Today” fino “Staring At The Sun”, “We are Golden” e “Happy Ending”. I grandi appuntamenti musicali del weekend nella nostra regione non sono però ancora finiti. Dopo gli Iron Maiden e Mika, oggi infatti tocca alla più grande rocker italiana di tutti i tempi, Gianna Nannini, che aprirà a Tarvisio la 21esima edizione del No Borders Music Festival. Sempre stasera proseguono anche gli appuntamenti del Festival di Majano che dopo aver ospitato Max Pezzali e gli Anthrax si prepara a ballare al ritmo dei Modena City Ramblers, ormai band di riferimento per la musica e cultura folk italiana. Il concerto di stasera sarà a ingresso libero. Modena sul palco dalle 22.

24 PICS

http://www.fogliogoriziano.com/cultura/mika-conquista-trieste/attachment/13876365_10153599261020736_6240091796937301955_n/

post-18723-0-58372600-1469832416_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 3

La Nouvelle Vague

http://www.lanouvellevague.it/mika-e-il-sold-out-di-piazza-dellunita-a-trieste/

Mika e il sold out di Piazza dell’Unità a Trieste

Scoppiettante, colorato, frenetico e a due passi da un altro disco di platino: Mika conquista una delle piazze più belle d’Italia, Piazza dell’Unità, a Trieste.

Da un po’ di tempo a questa parte, sembra sempre più difficile riuscire a partecipare ad eventi pubblici e di massa, a cuor leggero. Ci abituiamo gradualmente a sottoporci a controlli dettagliati e scrupolosi prima di oltrepassare i cancelli. Una volta dentro cercheremo di dimenticarci tutto. Cercheremo di sentirci al sicuro e ci impegneremo a goderci la nostra libertà. Un modo come un altro per non lasciare che sia la paura a vincere e a toglierci tutto.

Mika, a ben pensarci, rappresenta un po’ il simbolo della forza e la voglia di essere, di divertirsi e divertire, andando oltre la paura.

Una pop star che ha fatto, del suo talento, veicolo di valori legati all’identità che vanno ben oltre il semplice considerare ludibrio i suoi spettacoli.

Mika non ha mai fatto segreto dei suoi rapporti difficili con la sua famiglia, del fatto di non essersi mai sentito “accettato” né dal suo contesto culturale di provenienza, che è Beirut, né dalla sua famiglia, appunto.

18 PICS

post-18723-0-88993100-1469832320_thumb.jpg

• Like 1