2016 - Piazza Unità d’Italia, Trieste, ITALY - 28 July: Reports/Pics/Vids

Kumazzz

Nice concert. Maybe not my favourite, but Mika's voice was on top form in my opinion. I arrived quite late (8.30) since I was there with my daughter and a friend. There were still some free spots on the far side first row which was ideal for my daughter since the stage was soooooooo high.

We catched the very beginning of Xylaroo. I really like those girls, and their voice was very clean and strong yesterday.

The venue was gorgeous: a beautiful italian "piazza", where some of the light effects were mapped projected to the buildings.

As it was mentioned many times before, Mika has really some skilled light designers working for him. The lighting of each concert of this tour I have seen works extremely well.

Mika was speaking quite a lot (too much according to my friend :)) and trying to involve also the people watching from the windows of the nearby palaces and from a cafe' on the side of the venue. He mentioned that he was sitting two years ago in the same cafe' with his sister, and never would have tought he would have sang there in two years.

He also praised the audience saying they were the ones singing more on tune during this tour, especially the males.

Concerning the audience, I had a very annoying lady close to me who kept screaming "I Love you, ti amo, marry me" at every possible occasion. I do not understand what these ladies think they can get by doing this. Of course he will jump from the stage towards them and propose :doh:

I can hardly justify teenagers, but older ladies????  She was just so annoying.

I also hated those that kept chatting during the unplugged version of Happy Ending.....this time it did not work for me as well as other times. It is really chilling in small venues with respectful audiences.....it wasn't this time.

The main surprise of the night was likely Kickass. Beside that I also liked Staring at the Sun with lots of baloons thrown to the audience. I had not seen that before and of course it was great fun for my daughter.

The other songs (underwater with the light / stars.....lollipop with tapping on the piano...etc...) were pretty much as in the recent concerts of the tour. I still enjoy them though. Too bad it is over for me now.

Thanks a lot for your report!  :thumb_yello: OMG - I can't believe you got Kickass!!  :shocked: I love that song, and I've been wondering if MIKA will ever use it live, and now it has happened, for the first time I suppose!? :wink2:  It must have been a very special gig, in many ways - you're so lucky!   :fisch:  :wub:   

Love, love

me

• Like 2

Thanks a lot for your report!  :thumb_yello: OMG - I can't believe you got Kickass!!  :shocked: I love that song, and I've been wondering if MIKA will ever use it live, and now it has happened, for the first time I suppose!? :wink2:  It must have been a very special gig, in many ways - you're so lucky!   :fisch:  :wub:   

Love, love

me

He used to sing Kickass at gigs in 2010. I heard it live several times.  :wink2:

• Like 3

Waiting for the first row report from Lunari ????????????????

I'm here!  :cheer:

Anyway, the concert was great, and for a change it wasn't far from my home. (Still in another country, but as close to the border as it gets!) Some of my impressions:

- The security guys were actually really nice and cooperative this time, much more that at most of the other gigs I've been to. They helped us make a queue according to our time of arrival (although at some point, which was of course just before my number came up, they stopped and started letting in other people who were complaining  <_<). It also turned out there was a problem with my ticket, which was apparently just a voucher that needed to be exchanged at the box office - only I had no idea about that until a guy working for the venue informed me about it. I was with Urška (dreams) and her mother, who had the same problem. It all worked out in the end (thanks to Urška's dad, who exchanged the tickets for us without us having to leave the line, and of course that nice guy who told me about this in the first place), but we were very worried there for a moment, because the doors were about to open and we were there without valid tickets!

- I did end up in the front row, which was a really nice surprise.  :) Of course, I was at the right side of the stage and Mika seemed to spend most of the time on the left side ( :doh:), but he did come to our side a few times.

- Hearing Kick Ass was also a huge surprise, as I remember him saying in an interview that he doesn't like this song anymore. But he said he had made a promise that on this tour he would sing songs he hadn't done in a long time, and he hadn't sung this song in 3 years. He added that Twitter had ruined an artist's life. Or at least I think this is what he was trying to say, because he couldn't remember the proper Italian word for "ruined". The word is "rovinato", but his speech went something like: "Twitter ha rivunato, rivonato, rivunato, rivonato ... rivonato? Rovinato!" And then: "Four days without concerts and I've already lost my head!"

- In general he seemed to be having more troubles with Italian than usual, and he kept complaing about not being able to speak Italian that day at all. The word "merda" was used quite a lot.  :teehee:

- He kept saying how beautiful the square in Trieste was, and I agree with him.

- The setlist was a little shorter than in Piazzola sul Brenta, and I missed Good Wife, Rain and Elle me dit. I'm always a little disappointed when I hear the first notes of Last Party -- not because I don't like the song, but because I know it means that the show is coming to an end. However, this time Last Party wasn't the last song before the encore, because he went on to do Stardust.

- All in all, it was another really great show. Apparently there were a lot of people who were listening to it for free from behind the barriers, and Mika included all of them, especially in singing Underwater and turning on the lights on their phones during that song.

I'm a little sad that this was the last Mika gig for me this summer. It was a great summer (and late spring) though, so I really can't complain!  :)

• Like 11

Trieste, what might very likely be my last Mika concert for a while.

I took it all quite smoothly from the beginning. I left at 8:30 in the morning and drove all the way to Trieste with our motorhome in a 6 hours’ trip. (Traffic jam on the highway hit us twice!) When me, my sister and a friend arrived in the city we met with two other friends of us who were having a quick gateway nearby. She joined us while he went having dinner with his friends living in the city.

We spotted the golden circle pit queue just a few meters away from the seaboard and started wandering around to understand how the things were being arranged as they had just started fencing the early-arrived-fans. They set some barriers and as they ran out of them they started trying to tidy up the remaining fans who were scattered, in a bubble shape, right after the entry of the corridor they had just disposed.

It was half past four but there weren’t the usual number of fans you would expect to see so late in the afternoon. Anyway we waited 3 hours among complaining and quieter fans until at seven thirty they let us in. Without too much running we spotted a good place on the left side of the stage just in front of the Mika-throne and gained a beautiful third row we would have never hoped for, after such a short queuing time.

The view from there was just amazing. And I’m not just talking about the stage-view, which in any case was perfect in spite of a quite high stage, but also of the beautiful location this gig was in. Piazza Unità d’Italia is a jewel. There are elegant white-stone buildings all around and the fourth side opens up towards the gulf of Trieste.

The sunset light coming from the sea resulted in the enchanting glittering of the golden mosaic tiles scattered all over the façade of Palazzo della Prefettura. I couldn’t help staring at it in complete awe.

Before the Xylaroo performance, we experienced a nice and charming performance of some children playing and some others “dancing” on the songs played with their white-gloved-hands in the Sign Language.

Then Coco and Holly walked on stage for (what they said) the last performance of their Mika supporting tour. They sang very well, I love their voices!

Dozens of minutes later Mika appeared, waking up the over 6000 people waiting for him. He started wearing the same gloves the children were wearing before and shaping a heart for the crowd to see, then he tossed them away and approached the mic.

I wholeheartedly begged he opened with No place in heaven and as he did I felt so good I can’t even express in words. This song acoustically is even more heart rending and moving. It really sounds like a prayer sung with the heart on his sleeve. The crowd was extremely quiet while he sang it and this detail made it even more powerful.  

After this tender moment the real vivacious show took over and so did the loud singing of the crowd.

Never did I experience such a good feeling when hearing thousands of voices singing out loud together.

There weren’t many people screaming nonsense things, we were a huge choir singing pretty much on tune every single word of his songs. As the first notes of Happy Ending and Stardust filled the air, everyone started singing the first lines spontaneously. He smiled proudly for a while letting us singing, then he started and everyone followed again. He cheered when in BBB he asked boys and girls to sing separately and heard such a responding choir coming from the boys, he couldn’t believe it; he laughed and said that never had he heard in his whole tour such a loud crowd of men screaming altogether, as they are usually very shy.

He introduced BBB saying that as the square was “molto elegante” very elegant, he was going to sing a song in French, then thought twice and admitted the song was actually not so elegant, having the whole square to laugh.

After Grace Kelly we heard the notes of the following song and understood that what he had previously listened to during the sound-check was really happening.

He sang Kick Ass! Now I have to be honest: this song is far from being among my favs, I don’t like it, but the curly man managed to have me change my mind once again!

Dancing and singing (I’d rather say screaming!) along it’s just pure energy, in particular in times like the one we’re currently living in. I lived the “We are young, we are STRONG” and the “WE ARE FREE” lines as freedom statements. We are free of doing whatever we want and being whoever we want, we are strong: fear will not win over, will not prevail, we won’t let it happen!

Underwater was magic as always but this time I didn’t participate actively, I turned towards the crowd and enjoyed the charm of thousands of light popping up together in the beautiful scenario of the square with the buildings lit up in yellowish light and the blueish beams of light coming from the phones.

I loved the balloons with confetti on Staring at the sun! So funny!

I eventually listened to Beautiful Disaster live. In spite of many people saying they don’t like this song, I like it very much and I once again enjoyed the crowd singing the chorus out loud.

Happy Ending and Stardust, as said before, were completely sang by the whole square, so I couldn’t really hear his voice very well but I loved how, during the last chorus, while we was singing the high notes going “And I feel as if I’m wasting” the crowd sang the lines the gospel choir sings in the studio version “This is the way you left me, I’m not pretending….”. It created a superimposition of voices which sounded just amazing.

I was delighted by the a-cappella lines. Maybe this time I was closer and I could hear better, but he really overwhelmed me, more than the other times.  

I say it once again as in any other report I’ve written this year: the hard drumbeat of Last Party live is FREAKIN’ GOOD!

On Stardust he kept switching from Italian to English lines so it was a mess to sing but felt really good anyway!

Speaking about Italian, it seemed that night he couldn’t remember how to speak it! He was so hilarious. It took him three times to succeed and pronounce the word “ragazze” (girls), he didn’t’ remember how to say “rovinare” (to ruin) and ended up inventing some neologisms once again. We love our polyglot!

On Lollipop we threw the paper-made candies on stage and Max, who was in a really good mood, started tossing them against Curtis and Tristan.  

He ended the show with Love Today and a sea of confetti.

A beautiful show in an amazing venue with a perfect weather and temperature (Trieste is a wind city and wind feels so good when you wait and jump for hours among thousands of other people.)

I enjoyed every second of it in the best way possible! I say it once again: I’m so proud of following such an amazing and human artist.

My parents came along as well after visiting the city and dining in a restaurant nearby, and saw a big part of the concert from far away in the square. They had never seen him before but knew far too well who he is (two Mikafans daughters are enough). They said they were really pleased and enjoyed his voice, his songs and his show a lot.

I thank again whoever experienced these moments with me and hope to be back someday!

…. And even if I will never see him again, this was the best time I ever had….

(Here are some pictures of the square with the crowd, I'm a mess, I don't remember how to post them here so take a look at my tweet https://twitter.com/VvFreiheit/status/758815378780717058)

Edited by *Vv*
  • Like 15

I am on a Mika cloud...after a quite long time, as I wasn't on it after the last two concerts...they were ok, but just ok...

When I heard that there would be a gig in Trieste, I first didn't thought that I would go, as it was short after that one in Piazzola sul Brenta.

My boss then asked me if I knew, that my "darling" would be in Trieste (I was like wait, what? Why is my husband in Trieste and why does my boss know? :doh: - then I realised that he spoke about Mika :doh:). Yes, I knew, but I was interested why he knew this.

So I googled and found an online game from a Carinthian newspaper, where one could win tickets for the gig in Trieste.

I took part, told a friend and she took part too. We talked then and she told me, if she won, she would give me the tickets, I told her, if I won, I would ask her if she wanted to go with me (she is not a Mika fan, and she doesn't really like the music, but she was curious).

Well, then I thought, why let the fate decide, when there's a gig which is quite near to a home gig.

I asked my friend, if she wanted to go to the gig, without waiting, if we won or not...

She said, why not? So I ordered tickets.

Got “fan tickets” to my surprise :biggrin2:

Later on, we decided to stay for the night and I booked a room.

On thursday my friend arrived at about 10.40 am and we left about 11 am.

We went through Slovenia and near the Italian border there were quite heavy thunder and hail storms...they lasted till Trieste...

In Trieste my navigation broke and it was quite stressful to get it started again...and we drove in circles, searching for the parking garage...we left the garage at about 1.30 pm.

But then everything was nearly perfect – we found the hotel at once, just had to go straight down the street (google maps told me a quite complicated way instead), the hotel was really nice (not so much from the outside, but inside). After checking in, we went into the direction, where we supposed the venue to be...on our way there we took a break and ate something (really Italian – lasagna with insalata mista :biggrin: )

We arrived at the venue at about 4 pm.

I didn't suppose to get a good place, as I saw people with numbers higher than 120...

Soon after we arrived, security started to let people into an extra waiting space (those with Golden Circle Pit cards), first number system seemed to work, but it only worked for the first 60? (I don't really know), than pushing started and my friend got pushed into the waiting zone...a very nice Italian girl told the security guy, that my friend was inside and I was left inside also.

Then we waited and waited till about 7.30 (not sure?)

When the “officially” entry started there was a little pushing again, but not that bad...

We got controlled, and while my friend wanted to get something to drink, I ran into the Golden Circle Pit and searched for a place (I really didn't think I would get a good one, as there were a lot of people before us) – but there was an empty place in second row, just big enough for two people, near to the middle of the stage on the left side (looking to the stage).

My friend came and brought a beer for me – it was my first beer ever, never drank one before..

Before Xylaroo came to the stage, there was a short concert from a youth orchestra, a choir and a choir of handicapped people who “sang” in sign language...unfortunately the sound didn't work very well...

Never have seen “singing” in sign language before – was quite impressive...

The girls from Xylaroo are so cute, I really wanted to adopt them... ;-)

We had to wait another 15, 20 (?) minutes, but then came the band...and than Mika...

It was really great, he was chatty again (still don't understand any Italian. Hahaha.), and very energetic and it was great, just great...

I was on cloud nine...

He sang Kick ass, but no rain...

The audience sang a lot and I danced and had a very, very, very god time...

My friend left, cause she had hurting feet and watched the concert from behind...

But she really liked it, she said. She meant, Mika is a very handsome guy, very likeable, really cute, she liked his talking voice and was impressed by his show...

This time the concert could have lasted a little longer (in Piazzola sul Brenta I was relieved, when it ended, as everthing hurt, but this time Mika “drug” worked again)...

After the concert we met Nina, Isa, Andreja (Lunari) and some Italian girls and the girls from Xylaroo, but when they decided to take a drink, we left...

After a very short night (couldn't sleep – woke up at 7am), we got up, had a nice breakfast and drove home (this time without any storms, fortunately)

I am so happy I went to this concert, as I really thought, my Mika time is over, but it doesn't seem so...*happydance*

Edited by silver
  • Like 9

I am so happy I went to this concert, as I really thought, my Mika time is over, but it doesn't seem so...*happydance*

I'm really glad to hear that! He is a bit like a drug, isn't he?  :wink2: And it's good that your friend enjoyed the concert as well.  :)

• Like 2

I'm here! :cheer:

Anyway, the concert was great, and for a change it wasn't far from my home. (Still in another country, but as close to the border as it gets!) Some of my impressions:

- The security guys were actually really nice and cooperative this time, much more that at most of the other gigs I've been to. They helped us make a queue according to our time of arrival (although at some point, which was of course just before my number came up, they stopped and started letting in other people who were complaining <_<). It also turned out there was a problem with my ticket, which was apparently just a voucher that needed to be exchanged at the box office - only I had no idea about that until a guy working for the venue informed me about it. I was with Urška (dreams) and her mother, who had the same problem. It all worked out in the end (thanks to Urška's dad, who exchanged the tickets for us without us having to leave the line, and of course that nice guy who told me about this in the first place), but we were very worried there for a moment, because the doors were about to open and we were there without valid tickets!

- I did end up in the front row, which was a really nice surprise. :) Of course, I was at the right side of the stage and Mika seemed to spend most of the time on the left side ( :doh:), but he did come to our side a few times.

- Hearing Kick Ass was also a huge surprise, as I remember him saying in an interview that he doesn't like this song anymore. But he said he had made a promise that on this tour he would sing songs he hadn't done in a long time, and he hadn't sung this song in 3 years. He added that Twitter had ruined an artist's life. Or at least I think this is what he was trying to say, because he couldn't remember the proper Italian word for "ruined". The word is "rovinato", but his speech went something like: "Twitter ha rivunato, rivonato, rivunato, rivonato ... rivonato? Rovinato!" And then: "Four days without concerts and I've already lost my head!"

- In general he seemed to be having more troubles with Italian than usual, and he kept complaing about not being able to speak Italian that day at all. The word "merda" was used quite a lot. :teehee:

- He kept saying how beautiful the square in Trieste was, and I agree with him.

- The setlist was a little shorter than in Piazzola sul Brenta, and I missed Good Wife, Rain and Elle me dit. I'm always a little disappointed when I hear the first notes of Last Party -- not because I don't like the song, but because I know it means that the show is coming to an end. However, this time Last Party wasn't the last song before the encore, because he went on to do Stardust.

- All in all, it was another really great show. Apparently there were a lot of people who were listening to it for free from behind the barriers, and Mika included all of them, especially in singing Underwater and turning on the lights on their phones during that song.

I'm a little sad that this was the last Mika gig for me this summer. It was a great summer (and late spring) though, so I really can't complain! :)

My dad was literally sent from Heaven at that moment. I still remember my heart pounding when the guard said that tickets weren't right. Phew.

• Like 2

Finally, here's my review. I couldn't do it before since I was in Dolomiti on the way back to gome. I guess my  parents decided to gove me the 'Nature' therapy. Sadly it didnt help much, because I spent every car ride watching the same few videos that I made.

After months of waiting, I finally had a chance to see Mika for the second time. This time it was completely different than first time. I was with my mom (she loved it), it was outside, it was in italian (I understood almost everything) and there were a lot more people.

The quequeing was quite strange, at the end the numbers werent really important, but luckily we got through quickly and I got a good spot at almost center of the stage in about 2 or 3 row. Like Lunari said, thank god my dad came to check on us just before they opened the gates and that he knew where to change the tickets. (Stupid agency, they should have told us.)

I absolutely loved the girls that are pre group, and I really hope to hear more about them in the future. I even managed to take a picture with them after the gig and they were super sweet and talkative. I am sorry that I had to go super fast I would love to hang out more.

So here it is... Mika continues to amaze me every single time. Live he just sounds so much better and addictive. I absolutely loved the setlist and when he started to sing Beautiful disaster I had to think for a while what it was. I was singing with it, but my mind was like "wait what is this?" Hahahha crazy.

I was really happy about Kick ass too! I always wondered if hebwould hit those high notes.

I loved when Mika smiled for whatever the reason was- his smile is just contagious and you just can't help to smile too. Especially when he popped the baloon with confetti and everything blew in his face. Or just when he smiled at the response of the audience.

Stardust is one of my favourites and I was soooo happy that I finally saw it live! I couldn't help but to sing along. Watching that video I made (its quite bad but who cares) I sound like a retarded seal ahahahhaa.

Can't forget Happy Ending without the microphone. I love to hear his voice without anything that would change it even a bit. I wonder though, how people in the last rows heard it...?

Lollipop beginning with 'drumming' on the piano is also one of the things that make me smile. Thank god that my mom filmed it.

And We are golden... I have no idea why he didn't sing it in Zurich. So now I was able to scream it outloud! Speaking of screaming/singing... I didn't evenknow what was coming out of my throat.

BBB was also one of my favourites. I couldn't believe how loud the guys were! Though I have seen a lot of them in the audience. I even bought a BBB shirt after.

Underwater with lights is just wow. My dad who didn't go to the concert, but sat on a beer said "I was drinking my beer when underwatee started and then it was sill underwater when I came to the end of the audience" where he watched the rest of the gig. He actuallt said he enjoyed it- after  years of me constantly talking about it at home, he finally had a chance to see it too.

At the end of Love today with the confetti I almost swallowed some. I found them everywhere when we got to the hotel. Brought a full bag home!

To me, it was a wonderful evening and a concert I will never forget. I was a bit scared of going 'alone' with no company except mum, but thanks to Lunari, Anna and Annie I met at the morning I had a great time!

Also... Marta- Ma.Kot... you almost have me a heart attack giving that letter to Anna to give it to me. I love you! Hope we meet in person soon!

I will check on this again tomorrow and fix the mistakes :)

• Like 6

Finally, here's my review. I couldn't do it before since I was in Dolomiti on the way back to gome. I guess my  parents decided to gove me the 'Nature' therapy. Sadly it didnt help much, because I spent every car ride watching the same few videos that I made.

After months of waiting, I finally had a chance to see Mika for the second time. This time it was completely different than first time. I was with my mom (she loved it), it was outside, it was in italian (I understood almost everything) and there were a lot more people.

The quequeing was quite strange, at the end the numbers werent really important, but luckily we got through quickly and I got a good spot at almost center of the stage in about 2 or 3 row. Like Lunari said, thank god my dad came to check on us just before they opened the gates and that he knew where to change the tickets. (Stupid agency, they should have told us.)

I absolutely loved the girls that are pre group, and I really hope to hear more about them in the future. I even managed to take a picture with them after the gig and they were super sweet and talkative. I am sorry that I had to go super fast I would love to hang out more.

So here it is... Mika continues to amaze me every single time. Live he just sounds so much better and addictive. I absolutely loved the setlist and when he started to sing Beautiful disaster I had to think for a while what it was. I was singing with it, but my mind was like "wait what is this?" Hahahha crazy.

I was really happy about Kick ass too! I always wondered if hebwould hit those high notes.

I loved when Mika smiled for whatever the reason was- his smile is just contagious and you just can't help to smile too. Especially when he popped the baloon with confetti and everything blew in his face. Or just when he smiled at the response of the audience.

Stardust is one of my favourites and I was soooo happy that I finally saw it live! I couldn't help but to sing along. Watching that video I made (its quite bad but who cares) I sound like a retarded seal ahahahhaa.

Can't forget Happy Ending without the microphone. I love to hear his voice without anything that would change it even a bit. I wonder though, how people in the last rows heard it...?

Lollipop beginning with 'drumming' on the piano is also one of the things that make me smile. Thank god that my mom filmed it.

And We are golden... I have no idea why he didn't sing it in Zurich. So now I was able to scream it outloud! Speaking of screaming/singing... I didn't evenknow what was coming out of my throat.

BBB was also one of my favourites. I couldn't believe how loud the guys were! Though I have seen a lot of them in the audience. I even bought a BBB shirt after.

Underwater with lights is just wow. My dad who didn't go to the concert, but sat on a beer said "I was drinking my beer when underwatee started and then it was sill underwater when I came to the end of the audience" where he watched the rest of the gig. He actuallt said he enjoyed it- after  years of me constantly talking about it at home, he finally had a chance to see it too.

At the end of Love today with the confetti I almost swallowed some. I found them everywhere when we got to the hotel. Brought a full bag home!

To me, it was a wonderful evening and a concert I will never forget. I was a bit scared of going 'alone' with no company except mum, but thanks to Lunari, Anna and Annie I met at the morning I had a great time!

Also... Marta- Ma.Kot... you almost have me a heart attack giving that letter to Anna to give it to me. I love you! Hope we meet in person soon!

I will check on this again tomorrow and fix the mistakes :)

I'm so happy for you that you had a great time! :biggrin2: It surprised me that he sang Kick Ass! What a lovely surprise! 

Maybe your dad is converted now? :glasses2::naughty:

Thank you all for your lovely reports! :D 

I'm so happy for you that you had a great time! :biggrin2: It surprised me that he sang Kick Ass! What a lovely surprise!

Maybe your dad is converted now? :glasses2::naughty:

Thank you all for your lovely reports! :D

Phahaha, I will fighure out in those days :)

The concert was awesome...my first and I hope not my last ????

And only 2 hour drive from my home.

Nobody speaks any english and I don't speak italian. I didn't understand what security guards were saying.

I have found ONE woman who understands my language but she got lost. Luckily we were waiting in the right line for golden circle, but with only a voucher. After 4 hours of waiting we had to leave the line to replace it with ticket. Poor security guard didn't know how to explain that it was only a voucher but some guy in the back succesfully explained that it needs to be replaced. I think I never ran so fast like this before ????

I enjoyed every second of it but there were moments when I couldn't hear him well. I didn't understand anything that he was saying except merde ????

The concert will remain in my best memory, but I will try to forget other things ????

• Like 3

The concert was awesome...my first and I hope not my last

Nobody speaks any english and I don't speak italian. I didn't understand what security guards were saying.

I have found ONE woman who understands my language but she got lost. Luckily we were waiting in the right line for golden circle, but with only a voucher. After 4 hours of waiting we had to leave the line to replace it with ticket. Poor security guard didn't know how to explain that it was only a voucher but some guy in the back succesfully explained that it needs to be replaced. I think I never ran so fast like this before

I enjoyed every second of it but there were moments when I couldn't hear him well. I didn't understand anything that he was saying except merde

The concert will remain in my best memory, but I will try to forget other things

:) I hope you'll experience many more MIKA concerts - because they're the best!  :wink2: It sounds strange that staff people at this Trieste gig didn't speak English  :shocked: Anyway, one learn what to do, more for each gig.  I'm glad to hear that everything went well for you, and that you had a great time,  at the concert... :fisch:  :wub:

Love, love

me

The concert was awesome...my first and I hope not my last

I have found ONE woman who understands my language but she got lost. Luckily we were waiting in the right line for golden circle, but with only a voucher. After 4 hours of waiting we had to leave the line to replace it with ticket. Poor security guard didn't know how to explain that it was only a voucher but some guy in the back succesfully explained that it needs to be replaced. I think I never ran so fast like this before

I enjoyed every second of it but there were moments when I couldn't hear him well. I didn't understand anything that he was saying except merde

The concert will remain in my best memory, but I will try to forget other things

Where are you from? :-)

edit: Are you the other Slovanian girl, we met after the gig, with Andreja?

Edited by Cassilda

Can anyone tells me what was he saying after BoumBoumBoum? Its also on youtube-frammento2.

"On this elegant square ... apart from him [indicates the band member] ... tonight it's a little different. Follow me. Only the ... [he can't pronounce the word "girls"] Tonight I can't speak! I can't manage to speak! Tonight, only the ... [he tries to say "girls" again] S**t! Only the GIRLS, please!" (singing) "Next time, only the boys."

Edited by Lunari
  • Like 1

"On this elegant square ... apart from him [indicates the band member] ... tonight it's a little different. Follow me. Only the ... [he can't pronounce the word

"girls"] Tonight I can't speak! I can't manage to speak! Tonight, only the ... [he tries to say "girls" again] S**t! Only the GIRLS, please!" (singing) "Next time, only the boys."

???????????? thanks!

He came on stage, put on a pair of white gloves and silently greeted us using “mika” sign language. It was his sensitive, elegant and inclusive way to acknowledge and thank the Coro de Manos Blancas (White Hands Choir) of Friuli for their performance. 

In Trieste, opening for Mika, besides the sister duo Xylaroo - whom we have become fond of - there was an orchestra  of teenagers and young adults with disabilities including a choir of deaf-mute children choreographed with white-gloved dancing hands.  And as only Mika can endorse, their ideal of inclusion means creating the right conditions, identifying what people can do, and developing that.

Once again we cannot but be proud of Mika. 

Check out more info about the dancing white-gloved hands and José Antonio Abreu his El Sistema. 

It's a shame that no one introduced the Coro de manos Blancas and its mission