MFC's 10th Anniversary!

dcdeb

MFC 10th Anniversary!   

315 members have voted

1. 1. What sort of celebration would you like to see for the MFC's 10th Anniversary?

• One Big Party, to be held mid-year
    • Several smaller regional parties throughout the year
    • Both!
  2. 2. If we have one big 10th Anniversary Party, where would you like it to be held?

• London
    • Milan
    • Paris
    • New York City
    • Some other city - leave your choice in the comments below.

Attention MFCers!

This coming year will be the big 1-0! 10 years of Mika Fan Club! Can you believe it?  :excite:  :excite:  :excite:

5 JANUARY 2017 marks the actual anniversary date of when MikaFanClub.com was launched.

Several of you have written to us about what, if anything we are going to do this year to celebrate the big occasion. Given how important this is, we've been giving it lots of thought.

While it would be great to have a big celebration in January in London as we did at the 5-year mark, we think that will be problematic for a few reasons. First of all, many MFCers will have just traveled to Florence for Mika's concerts there, so they won't want to turn around and make the trip to London. Also, it will be winter and right after the holidays -- not necessarily the best time either financially or weather-wise to schedule a big trip and a bigger party.

So... we've been tossing around some alternative ideas.

With so many from the MFC going to Florence in December, I'm sure that the fans will be organizing a get-together there. I think that will be the logical official kick-off of our 10th Anniversary Celebration! :yay:

After that, though, what should we do?

One idea is that instead of one big celebration, we can hold a number of regional celebrations. One in London, one in Milan, one in Paris, one in Munich... and other groups can have their own, too, or they can journey to one of the major cities if they prefer.

Another alternative is to postpone the BIG anniversary celebration until a bit later in the year. This would give us all a bit more time to save and plan.

The next choice, though, is WHERE do we have this big party?

There's a strong argument for holding it in London -- it's where the Mika Fan Club and MIKA both originated, and it's sort of "central" between fans from North and South America and those all around Europe. (I'd like to say it was close to you fans in Asia and Australia, but you're so far away -- as I'm sure you well know. :(  )   Of course, the party doesn't have to be in London -- it could be Milan, Paris, Disney World... :naughty:  

Whatever we do as far as a REAL party,  we also will still have our usual online celebration of games with prizes/giveaways!

To get things started, we're going to do two things.

First, I've put up a poll to get your thoughts about how and where we ought to celebrate.

And second, we thought we'd like to come up with a special 10th MFC Anniversary Logo to be used on badges, t-shirts and possibly other merchandise. And what better way to come up with a design than to throw it back to you, the very talented Mika Fan Club members?! So we're going to launch a competition for that -- Silver will be posting the details about it soon!

So please answer our poll, and leave your thoughts about the 10th anniversary celebrations below. And get ready to party! :cheer:

I already submitted a design for a t shirt  :thumb_yello:

You are right,it depends when it is,before or after the Brexit. Now we can travel in the UK only with our ID,like for the rest of Europe,after Brexit we might need a passport,and maybe a visa,from what I read on media. It depends on what rules will be negotiated at Bruxelles,and how accessible will be London for the rest of the countries  :wink2:

As it's next year, Brexit won't affect it, as it won't come into effect until 2019.

• Like 2

Actually, it wasn't. Glasgow has more claim to that.

Ah sorry, I guess I had just always thought MFC starting in the UK and not more detailed than that. I would be more than happy to visit Glasgow but I think it's easier to gather a lot of people in a big, central place like London (or Milan or Paris or whatever it is).

How come Glasgow isn't on the list?

It's where the petition to make MFC official was given to Mika, so I'd of thought it would be the perfect place to hold the event.

Interesting,I had no idea about that  :)

What a wonderful idea!! Let's party together to celebrate 10 the anniversary

I voted London bc I think that everything started there and bc it's one of my favorite city in the world but the important thing is to be together with fans who coming from all over the world ❤

That will be amazing , so thank you so much Deb and all the entourage to make possible this event

• Like 3

The thing is that,for me, London is difficult, if the celebration is at the weekend. Trains are bad then. I would like to have a celebration in Manchester, or some place nearer than London. I'm sure there are many people who would like a party outside London.

Ah sorry, I guess I had just always thought MFC starting in the UK and not more detailed than that. I would be more than happy to visit Glasgow but I think it's easier to gather a lot of people in a big, central place like London (or Milan or Paris or whatever it is).

Glasgow is just as easy to get to as London.

Brexit or not I need a visa for London, so I voted Milan. There is a slight chance for me to visit Italy and I would like to participate.

I had no idea you needed a visa to get to the UK from Serbia! I can definitely understand why you'd prefer Milan then. Milan is closer to me than London too, but I thought London was easily accessible for more people -- but maybe not.

Definitely not for me, as there are no flights to Glasgow from where I live, while there are plenty of flights to London. :)

Actually, it wasn't. Glasgow has more claim to that.

No, the MFC existed before we gave the petition to Mika in Glasgow. MikaFanClub.com was started by a guy who lived in Brighton, I think it was. In any case, nearer to London than to Glasgow.

Maybe if you're already in the UK it is, but not if you're coming from elsewhere. For example, it's far easier for me to get to London -- to get to Glasgow I'll need to change planes in London, anyhow.

London would be best, I think. Exactly because that is where it all started. 5th of January is pretty soon though.

The party wouldn't be on the 5th of January tho, for the reasons Deb stated in the first post. It'd be mid-year. Summer is far too hot in Milan, so although Milan is closer to me, I voted London. :)

• Like 2

How come Glasgow isn't on the list?

It's where the petition to make MFC official was given to Mika, so I'd of thought it would be the perfect place to hold the event.

Glasgow would definitely be ideal for me, as I can easily get there by train.  Mika hasn't been to Scotland in years, so it would be amazing to see him back! :) 

But I'm sure that, wherever the party is held, it will be fantastic! :wink2: 

No, the MFC existed before we gave the petition to Mika in Glasgow. MikaFanClub.com was started by a guy who lived in Brighton, I think it was. In any case, nearer to London than to Glasgow.

So we need a pyjama party in Brighton's beach

:naughty::camping::mfr_lol:

Edited by carafon
  • Like 2

So we need a pyjama party in Brighton's beach

:naughty::camping::mfr_lol:

Omg you're so right ! This would be amazing XD

Partial to the west coast of the US, with its beautiful weather year 'round in California, but of course I know that's just me. Especially if only one party gets held, whenever it may be.

Just glad to know festivities will be taking place, wherever, whenever.

I'll be most likely to celebrate with a cupcake and tea with my daughter, rather than most of you, as it is, so my input isn't of much value.