Mika 'The Art of Song' Parts 3 & 4 on BBC Radio 2-- 8&15 November 2016

silver

Aaww - Maggie May - I expected this song by Rod - said it to my hubby this afternoon...

Love,love

me

Oh he played Maggie May? My dog is called Maggie May so I sometimes listen to that song just for her :wub:  I need to listen to the whole thing as soon as I wake up in the morning, was watching Casa Mika so I missed it. Casa Mika was amazing, can't get over it how good he is at doing his own show! Just wow!  :fangurl:

• Like 3

15 November 2016

Replay http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b081ng6z#play

Songlist

1. Fine Young Cannibals She Drives Me Crazy
  2. The Mamas & the Papas California Dreamin
  3. Whitney Houston I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)
  4. Buffalo Springfield For What It's Worth
  5. Christine and the Queens Tilted
  6. Mika Fire & Rain (Radio 2 Session, 15th November 2016)
  7. The Knack My Sharona
  8. Sly & The Family Stone Everyday People
  9. Mika Piano Man (Radio 2 Session, 1st Jan 2016)
  10. Bill Withers Ain't No Sunshine

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 2

Oh he played Maggie May? My dog is called Maggie May so I sometimes listen to that song just for her :wub:  I need to listen to the whole thing as soon as I wake up in the morning, was watching Casa Mika so I missed it. Casa Mika was amazing, can't get over it how good he is at doing his own show! Just wow!  :fangurl:

:) Funny dogname - I'm often called Maggie myself,  abroad, which is easier to use than my real name :wink2:   MIKA also told  the story behind this song :thumb_yello:  I have Maggie May on vinyl - one of my oldies from early 70ies  :fisch:

MIKA's a great radiohost, I love his music programs - and I don't doubt that he's also  doing well with his own TV show   :wub:  You're really lucky, who could be present at the recording of the show, together with Karin - it will of course be special to watch it, for both of you - congratz!  :hug:

Love, love

me

• Like 2

15 November 2016

Replay http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b081ng6z#play

Songlist

1. Fine Young Cannibals She Drives Me Crazy
  2. The Mamas & the Papas California Dreamin
  3. Whitney Houston I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)
  4. Buffalo Springfield For What It's Worth
  5. Christine and the Queens Tilted
  6. Mika Fire & Rain (Radio 2 Session, 15th November 2016)
  7. The Knack My Sharona
  8. Sly & The Family Stone Everyday People
  9. Mika Piano Man (Radio 2 Session, 1st Jan 2016)
  10. Bill Withers Ain't No Sunshine

Thank you so much

Like many others I was so deep into Casa Mika last night that I forgot everything else ,even this BBC event!

I already like the song list and have to find some time to listen to it!

• Like 1

Oh this is a bit spooky already. I wrote earlier today about listening to the previous episode of The Art of Song and it bringing back memories and smells and that's exactly what he is talking about in this latest episode from last night (been such a busy day I have time to listen to only now). I guess I've simply listened too much of his music or live too much in his world, I start to think like him or something... :aah:

I saw very bad comments on tw and fb about "Piano Man" "Rocket Man" covers, more than bad, horrible  :(

:sneaky2: It might be fans of Billy Idol and Elton John, who think their songs are  "holy" -  and forbidden to cover  :das: Or maybe they hate MIKA's falsetto voice, which he often uses - also in these songs, I don't know  :dunno: I'm happy I'm not on tw or fb, and therefore avoid to read such things :teehee:  It's better to live in my own, happy MIKA-world ...  :fisch:  :wub:  

Love, love

me 

• Like 1

I saw very bad comments on tw and fb about "Piano Man" "Rocket Man" covers, more than bad, horrible :(

I saw them too. Not to dwell on negativity, but I was honestly kind of amazed at how horrible they were. Not just objective critique from people who simply don't like his voice (hey, they're allowed to be wrong LOL) but some absolutely disgusting and honestly upsetting things. I will never understand what motivates people to be so venomous.

OK I'M GOING TO STOP DWELLING ON THE NEGATIVE NOW

These shows make my ears so happy and the more of them he does the better <3

We cannot stop negative cooments and for me it's sometimes hard to ignore them but it is the best way. Hm, the fourth Art of song does not impress me like the ones before but it does not mean that I dislike it. I'm always happy to listen to Mika on BBC 2 and hope he will do it again in future. His covers are great but it is a pity he cannot play his own songs. However, better than nothing( like we have in Germany)

The thing is, Mika's voice is very unusual. It is hard for anyone to cover a Mika song, unless they are a choir, or someone like The King's Singers. It is also hard for Mika to cover other peoples songs, party because he tends to use too much falsetto, when he doesn't really need to do so. He should rely more on his beautiful lower tones.

But when he sings his own music, there is no one like him on the planet, so even though I love the radio show and how knowledgeable he is about the songs and artists he features, I wish he would do something else, something that showcases his own songs.

I take no notice of the internet trolls. If you are famous, it's par for the course. So just ignore what they say and just be glad that they think he is famous enough to attract their attention. I'm sure that's how Mika sees it. He won't be worried about them.