What about us?

Nia-MikaHolic

Hello everyone

its already 6th year I guess that im a fan of Mika ( i mean fan but I was listening to him when I was 5 haha ), Im mad about his live concerts that im watching on youtube, screaming, dancing and imaging that im there too and enjoying "concerts", I was screaming when I got his albums,swatch and stuff but whoop? I dont think that each choice is right that he makes.

first of all I wanna say some words about StaraCasaMika . What? First of all, Mika is musician, a brilliant musician, with meaningful lyrics, cool rythm and I can talk about his good sides for hours , but do you think that he will make his work as good as he did before when he is fully involved in television? do you think that he'll have time to make a GOOD music? I dont think so.

THERES OTHER COUNTRIES BESIDES ITALY. yeah, im from a small country and im sure 90% will think that im from US georgia, but pardon , im from country Georgia located in europe , i would say that mika is in this 90 % , I'd say that he has forgotten about other countries, France-Italy-France-Italy

does he really think that there arent any fans in other countries? Hate me and judge me for this TRUTH but maaan , everyone hasnt got much money to travell in other country just to attend to concert, im sure many of us dont work ( maybe because of the age ) so it means that if Im not rich i cant make my dream come true, to meet Mika? 

Well , I dont know if he ever see this thread , but i want to make think about us, think about his nonitalian and nonfrench fans .

Thank you for your attention <3

Edited by Nia-MikaHolic
  • Like 2

Hello everyone

its already 6th year I guess that im a fan of Mika ( i mean fan but I was listening to him when I was 5 haha ), Im mad about his live concerts that im watching on youtube, screaming, dancing and imaging that im there too and enjoying "concerts", I was screaming when I got his albums,swatch and stuff but whoop? I dont think that each choice is right that he makes.

first of all I wanna say some words about StaraCasaMika . What? First of all, Mika is musician, a brilliant musician, with meaningful lyrics, cool rythm and I can talk about his good sides for hours , but do you think that he will make his work as good as he did before when he is fully involved in television? do you think that he'll have time to make a GOOD music? I dont think so.

THERES OTHER COUNTRIES BESIDES ITALY. yeah, im from a small country and im sure 90% will think that im from US georgia, but pardon , im from country Georgia located in europe , i would say that mika is in this 90 % , I'd say that he has forgotten about other countries, France-Italy-France-Italy

does he really think that there arent any fans in other countries? Hate me and judge me for this TRUTH but maaan , everyone hasnt got much money to travell in other country just to attend to concert, im sure many of us dont work ( maybe because of the age ) so it means that if Im not rich i cant make my dream come true, to meet Mika? 

Well , I dont know if he ever see this thread , but i want to make think about us, think about his nonitalian and nonfrench fans .

Thank you for your attention <3

You're so brave opening this thread girl hahahah   :naughty:

Maybe it's true that in these last years he has spent more time in Italy and France than in other European countries but hae used to work in some talent shows. If you get a job in a e certain place you can't be somewhere else. Of course he is free to choose what, where and when do concerts, shows etc. As far as I can remember in February 2016 he was on tour in the Far East, and in Spain. He has gone several times in Canada,and in Mexico and United States and of course in the UK. As you can see he goes in many countries but I can understand that you feel apart. Maybe you should try, as Georgian fans, to do something to let him know how do you feel. I think that if he knew he would come to your Country. Of course I don't know him personally but, accordingly to what I have understood about him, he is definitely a very caring person so he won't let his fans down. Good luck and think positive.

• Like 1

Maybe it's true that in these last years he has spent more time in Italy and France than in other European countries but hae used to work in some talent shows. If you get a job in a e certain place you can't be somewhere else. Of course he is free to choose what, where and when do concerts, shows etc. As far as I can remember in February 2016 he was on tour in the Far East, and in Spain. He has gone several times in Canada,and in Mexico and United States and of course in the UK. As you can see he goes in many countries but I can understand that you feel apart. Maybe you should try, as Georgian fans, to do something to let him know how do you feel. I think that if he knew he would come to your Country. Of course I don't know him personally but, accordingly to what I have understood about him, he is definitely a very caring person so he won't let his fans down. Good luck and think positive.

Spain? NO, he came in June. Only one gig this year in Spain. 

Edited by Mikasister

I know but it was just a list of countries where he played. I meant that he is often traveling all around the world for his gigs and that he isn't only and always in Italy and France!

Well, Im not agree, You only have to take a look at the calendar.

Thank you. By the way if you come to Florence for the concert we can meet and have a talk. It's always a good thing to know different people from different countries and, why not, with different opinions. Do you agree?

• Like 1

Thank you. By the way if you come to Florence for the concert we can meet and have a talk. It's always a good thing to know different people from different countries and, why not, with different opinions. Do you agree?

Of course. It will be a pleasure  :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

I know but it was just a list of countries where he played. I meant that he is often traveling all around the world for his gigs and that he isn't only and always in Italy and France!

About he often traveling all around the world, weeeeeeeell...I'll only believe when I see it:

Mexico: only two times, one in 2009 (just for an awards ceremony, no gigs) and one in 2016, by Universal Studios (just one gig)

Portugal: last gig was in May 2016, but the one before that was in 2012

South America: so far only one time in 2010, Argentina, Chile and Brazil (I haven't attended any of them btw)

Nia, I understand you, here in Brazil we have a platform called Queremos! (We Want It! in Portuguese), where people ask for an artist and they might come for a show or more (we even asked Mika here, but no news from them so far). Do you know if there's anything like this in Georgia??? If not, create something alike, make some noise so events producers invite Mika to your country

Edited by BiaIchihara
  • Like 1

It's hard for fans in other countries when Mika is concentrating on just two places, so I can understand your frustration, Nia.  We don't even get to see Mika in the UK like we used to :sad:

But these things go in cycles, and I think he might turn his attention to other activities soon.

And no-one will see him at a gig in 2017, as he has said he won't be touring :tears:

Don't give up hope, as anything could happen by 2018 :naughty:

• Like 2

Well, he performed in South Korea last summer of the Northern Hemisphere and promised to return. But to be fair, Korean fans are a lot and very attentive: they buy him coffee, cake, show up where they know he's going to be, send messages, etc.

Once a year is a lot compared to the frequency he visits other countries outside US/Europe. He came 6 years ago to a small festival and didn't stay (we knew like 14 days in advance, tickets were expensive and some of us missed it); being realistic I'm not expecting him to come anytime soon either with all the great opportunities he has in other places. Note that I don't understand French at all, not even his songs, so I miss things too but French people are not to blame.

Armenia and Georgia are way closer than my 7,000 miles far away country, maybe you have a chance. Who knows, the only thing for sure is that nobody has the crystal ball.

What I disagree absolutely with is "he doesn't spend time on his music". He was already a judge on TV when NPIH came out, there was an Asian tour, Rock in Rio (Lisboa ), shows in Latvia/Lithuania/Prague, Barcelona/Switzerland/Belgium in June, he's promised new songs for 2017, among other things. As for the Italians getting attention, he recently said on radio that he wanted to do many shows inside Italy. If that's makes him happy...

Nia, I understand you, here in Brazil we have a platform called Queremos! (We Want It! in Portuguese), where people ask for an artist and they might come for a show or more (we even asked Mika here, but no news from them so far). Do you know if there's anything like this in Georgia??? If not, create something alike, make some noise so events producers invite Mika to your country

Brazil, the way I see it, is our most probable chance (big country, many fans, loud ones :teehee: and a couple of well-known festivals and venues).

I understand that the economical or social situation might not be the best one right now. In that particular topic we're all in the region a bit screwed.

Edited by Romis

Haha, all you guys saying Mika has forgotten the rest of Europe, does anyone stop and think how Mika seems to have forgotten the Pacific area? i.e Australia and New Zealand? He's never even been to New Zealand, at least in Europe you can basically drive to the next country if he's doing a concert there. Not meaning to invalidate your feelings, but come one, there are fans who have never even been thought of.....  :naughty:

• Like 3

It's hard for fans in other countries when Mika is concentrating on just two places, so I can understand your frustration, Nia.  We don't even get to see Mika in the UK like we used to :sad:

But these things go in cycles, and I think he might turn his attention to other activities soon.

And no-one will see him at a gig in 2017, as he has said he won't be touring :tears:

Don't give up hope, as anything could happen by 2018 :naughty:

I don't believe what he says because I have proofs.  I'm sure some gig will appear but of course in Italy or France  :( I still remember that in 2014 he said that  he wouldn't do any gigs and he did one, where? Italy, nutella gig, so...I wont believe anything he says until I see it here announced.

Edited by Mikasister
  • Like 1

Haha, all you guys saying Mika has forgotten the rest of Europe, does anyone stop and think how Mika seems to have forgotten the Pacific area? i.e Australia and New Zealand? He's never even been to New Zealand, at least in Europe you can basically drive to the next country if he's doing a concert there. Not meaning to invalidate your feelings, but come one, there are fans who have never even been thought of.....  :naughty:

You're right and Im s sorry for that fans. It's Mika who should think that has fans in many countires and maybe visit them once in a year.  About living in Europe and driving to the next country to see him...I live in Barcelona (Spain) and if I want to go to France or Italy I have to book flights, I can't drive for many, many hours to go there and not always can find cheap flights,I'm not rich to spend an amount of money to travel week after week.  Maybe if he was more  equitable in the places that he''s doing concerts will be better for everyone and dont tell me he  goes where's he's invited because I dont believe it  and I have proof of that as well. 

Just hope things change for many people who's waiting for him for many years like you, Bia, Nia and many ppl is SA, Australia etc...

Edited by Mikasister

I understand. It is so frustrating when you hear about Mika doing something really special, and then you are finding out it's, once again, in Italy or France.

He's done the radio show in Britain, but my problem with that is, he's not performing his own songs, so the UK aren't hearing them.

I've become very interested in another UK celebrity. He's not a musician. He's a Barrister, who does a show on UK TV, which is like Judge Judy, only better. He's called Robert Rinder, or Judge Rinder.

Not only does he do his own brilliant show, he takes other opportunities on UKTV, He is currently on Strictly Come Dancing, where he's attracted many more fans.

This is the kind of thing that Mika has done in Italy and France, but not anywhere else. He needs to think about how he can get his fanbase back in the UK and elsewhere. He shouldn't just keep doing stuff in those two countries. They already know him, others have forgotten, and he needs to remind them that he exists.

I'm really happy that I am now, a proud Rinderette

• Like 1

Hes never been in Georgia neither

I've only seen Mika once and it would be so lovely to see him again, but it's difficult as he rarely comes to the UK.  He's been to Scotland before and promised to return, but he hasn't been here since 2010.  I'm hoping he'll do another London gig soon, but even then I may not be able to go.  I'm going to university next year so, even if he does return to London, I may not be able to travel to see him as I'll be studying.  To be honest, I'm beginning to doubt that I'll ever see him again, and that breaks my heart a little. :tears: 

Of course I understand that the situation is worse for fans from Australia and New Zealand, who would have to travel even further to see him.  I respect Mika's decision to concentrate on France and Italy, but I have to admit it's extremely unfair on fans from other countries. :( 

Just my thoughts.

I've only seen Mika once and it would be so lovely to see him again, but it's difficult as he rarely comes to the UK.  He's been to Scotland before and promised to return, but he hasn't been here since 2010.  I'm hoping he'll do another London gig soon, but even then I may not be able to go.  I'm going to university next year so, even if he does return to London, I may not be able to travel to see him as I'll be studying.  To be honest, I'm beginning to doubt that I'll ever see him again, and that breaks my heart a little. :tears:

Of course I understand that the situation is worse for fans from Australia and New Zealand, who would have to travel even further to see him.  I respect Mika's decision to concentrate on France and Italy, but I have to admit it's extremely unfair on fans from other countries. :(

Just my thoughts.

We have no choice, that doesnt mean that most of his fans are sad and frustrated and for what I've read it is more than probably that he'll do more shows in Italy next year so that means no Mika in other countries.  :(

Just my thoughts.

I remember, back in the day, when Mika was touring, non stop, and in many countries. I don't say he should tour like that again, but I think it would be great if he announced something for next year, his 10th anniversary. Being in the North of England, we are as badly off as Scotland. If he performs in London at the weekend, I can't go. I can't afford to go on the Friday and stay until Monday, but the weekdays are the only days that the trains run straight through. Weekends are a nightmare, I've tried it twice and it nearly killed me.

I wish for a Manchester gig, or somewhere easy for me to get to, but I doubt it will happen.