Mika on 'Mina-Celentano' on Rai1 12th December 2016

Gabry74

Mika will be guest on Rai1 in the show dedicated to Mina and Celentano next Monday h 20:30.
https://twitter.com/minacelentano/status/807238537909301249
https://www.facebook.com/minacelentanoofficial/?fref=ts

VIDEO

AUDIO

post-25071-0-97896700-1481367804_thumb.png

Edited by Kumazzz
updating
  • Like 4

this is so dreamy  :wub: Thanks for the downloaded mp3 and linking the video Eriko!

Can someone please translate what he says at the beginning?

He says, "When I was young, when I was *this* tall, when I wasn't half Italian yet, like now -- who were the Italians that I knew? I knew Leonardo, I knew Verdi, Puccini, Sophia Loren. But I also knew Mina and Adriano Celentano. Because their music, through the nations and borders, reached me, thanks to my family and our friends. As music does when it's beautiful, beautiful."

• Like 7

He says, "When I was young, when I was *this* tall, when I wasn't half Italian yet, like now -- who were the Italians that I knew? I knew Leonardo, I knew Verdi, Puccini, Sophia Loren. But I also knew Mina and Adriano Celentano. Because their music, through the nations and borders, reached me, thanks to my family and our friends. As music does when it's beautiful, beautiful."

:thumb_yello: Thanks for sharing this lovely piece of music Eriko - and for your translation Andreja!  :hug: So now you Italiens know for sure,  that MIKA considers himself  "half Italien"   :wub:  Do I need to say I'm a bit "positive jealous" !?  :teehee:  And Gabry - doesn't it look like MIKA is a "match for all the situations" he accepts?... ;)  :wub:   :wub: 

Love, love

me 

• Like 3

:thumb_yello: Thanks for sharing this lovely piece of music Eriko - and for your translation Andreja!  :hug: So now you Italiens know for sure,  that MIKA considers himself  "half Italien"   :wub:  Do I need to say I'm a bit "positive jealous" !?  :teehee:  And Gabry - doesn't it look like MIKA is a "match for all the situations" he accepts?... ;)  :wub:   :wub: 

Love, love

me

Well, Italy has a policy because of which Italians in other countries can make their children and grandchildren officially "half Italians", so to speak. So there's a lot of us out there :teehee: Although Mika would be more like my aunt Teresa, who's half-Syrian by birth and Italian by choice :)

Thanks Eriko for the video! <3

By the way, there's a lof of " Ancoras" in that song, hehe.

• Like 2

Well, Italy has a policy because of which Italians in other countries can make their children and grandchildren officially "half Italians", so to speak. So there's a lot of us out there :teehee: Although Mika would be more like my aunt Teresa, who's half-Syrian by birth and Italian by choice :)

Thanks Eriko for the video! <3

By the way, there's a lof of " Ancoras" in that song, hehe.

:) We have the same saying as MIKA used here, when we love a country or a place, are welcomed, and feel very much at home - and - spend a lot of time there  :wink2:   Then it doesn't mean that you have "the right to be" - if you understand what I mean.  So in this case, I see it  as a big compliment to Italy,  and its people... :wub:

Love, love

me 

Edited by mamiam
  • Like 1

Love, love

me

I think that Mika is an excellent artist and a wondeful person and that he's a match for all the situations! ❤✌

• Like 2

:thumb_yello: Thanks for sharing this lovely piece of music Eriko - and for your translation Andreja!  :hug:So now you Italiens know for sure, That MIKA considers himself "half Italien"   :wub:   Do I need to say I'm a bit "positive jealous"!?  :teehee:  And Gabry - does not it look like MIKA is a "match for all the situations" he accepts? ... ;)  :wub:   :wub:

Love, love

myself 

This makes me very happy! I think when you live emotionally powerful experiences in a different place from what it is your own home, we become attached to that place inevitably, when you get to know people, to truly live in a country also only for a period and not only passing through. Saying that sentence, I think he meant that Mika! Because if I had to describe Mika in percentage based on its mix of cultures, I would say that half of his heart is half Lebanese and definitely French, he says to dream in French and France, therefore, occupies a more important position. His head is a little 'English and in the habits and behavior then it is also Italian, Chinese, Japanese ... okay a little bit heart now will become even Italian.

I think everything happened very casually, I don't think Italy would represent a goal in his artistic career until early xfactor ... and beyond. 

I have not yet understand if in England he feels at home, I mean as a place where he feels truly free to express himself fully, because it is not as popular as in other countries. In my opinion but maybe I'm wrong. You know him better than I do! :dunno:

• Like 2

This makes me very happy! I think when you live emotionally powerful experiences in a different place from what it is your own home, we become attached to that place inevitably, when you get to know people, to truly live in a country also only for a period and not only passing through. Saying that sentence, I think he meant that Mika! Because if I had to describe Mika in percentage based on its mix of cultures, I would say that half of his heart is half Lebanese and definitely French, he says to dream in French and France, therefore, occupies a more important position. His head is a little 'English and in the habits and behavior then it is also Italian, Chinese, Japanese ... okay a little bit heart now will become even Italian.

I think everything happened very casually, I don't think Italy would represent a goal in his artistic career until early xfactor ... and beyond. 

I have not yet understand if in England he feels at home, I mean as a place where he feels truly free to express himself fully, because it is not as popular as in other countries. In my opinion but maybe I'm wrong. You know him better than I do! :dunno:

:) I think that both you and all other Italiens, who loves MIKA, have all the reasons in the world to feel happy, when he says he's "half Italien" now. :wub: But imo,  it's all well deserved, because in Italy he has been appreciated for the fab. person he really is, both as the complete artist he proves to be, and  also because of all his human qualities :wub:   In your country he got chances, that no other countries offered him.  There's a reason  why he bought his own appartement in Milan, some years ago! :wink2:  And tomorrow he'll get the CILD Award for Civil Liberties in Milan!!   :thumb_yello:  :wub:  Thanks Eriko for sharing this happy news, and Marina for explaining what it is!! :hug:  :wub: It's a joy to read the link about it - and I'm again extremely proud of our good guy MIKA - and thankful to Italy,  who makes it possible,  to show him this great honour - surely much thanks to his successful One-man-TV-show, aired lately... :wub:  :wub:

Love, love

me 

Edited by mamiam
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...