Mikasounds, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram Updates - 2017

DutchAnnie

8 hours ago, krysady said:

I'm a bit obsessed with this, so I felt the need to actually comment on it, but I'm not that experienced with Instagram and accidentally sent the comment as a message to him!  I tried to cancel it in a panic!  Surely, he must get tons of messages and wouldn't actually read them, right?  Not that I said anything bad, I just feel like it was terribly rude and imposing to do that...  I have social anxiety :shocked:

1 hour ago, Poisonyoulove said:

accidentally sent the comment as a message to him!

Isn't required to follow back someone, in order to get direct messages from them, as it is for Twitter? 

1 minute ago, krysady said:

Isn't required to follow back someone, in order to get direct messages from them, as it is for Twitter? 

I don't know, but after I clicked it, a box popped up saying "sending as a message"

Just now, Poisonyoulove said:

I don't know, but after I clicked it, a box popped up saying "sending as a message"

If he can receive messages from anyone, I think you don't need to worry too much, you can imagine what his inbox looks like :wink2:

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, krysady said:

If he can receive messages from anyone, I think you don't need to worry too much, you can imagine what his inbox looks like :wink2:

The message is sent as a request, whoever receives it decides whether to open it or not

38 minutes ago, Ika said:

The message is sent as a request, whoever receives it decides whether to open it or not

Thanks for explaining :thumb_yello:  So it's a bit different from Twitter.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Poisonyoulove said:

I'm a bit obsessed with this, so I felt the need to actually comment on it, but I'm not that experienced with Instagram and accidentally sent the comment as a message to him!  I tried to cancel it in a panic!  Surely, he must get tons of messages and wouldn't actually read them, right?  Not that I said anything bad, I just feel like it was terribly rude and imposing to do that...  I have social anxiety :shocked:

Instagram expert, checking in.

Messages on instagram work kind of like twitter DMs, but slightly differently. If you receive a message from someone who you've never messaged before (or perhaps who you're not following? I'm not EXACTLY sure what the rule is) it comes in as a "message request", and when you open it you see the message and options at the bottom that say "accept" or "deny". Insta has this feature because their DMs have a "seen" feature, and they want to insure no one puts themselves in a position to receive abuse for "seeing" a message but not responding, so unless you choose to accept the request the person who sent it doesn't see that you have opened it. Basically, the person can open your message without you knowing they have opened it unless they choose to let you know this.

If you comment on something, and start that comment by "@" tagging someone, Insta sometimes (it seems kinda arbitrary, to be honest) sends it as a message unless you click a way-too-tiny "x" symbol, and then it posts as a comment. You can tell if it's going to send it as a message or not because if it is, there's a thing above the comment field that says "sending as a message". the little "x" is on the right hand side of that bar. If you touch it the bar will go away, and this is how you can tell it's posting as a comment. Additionally, the "send" button is green for messages and blue for comments.

/end instagram mechanics rant

I am 100% sure he gets tons and tons of insta messages and snapchats. I would bet anything that he doesn't even check his messages often and when he does, the sheer volume probably makes it difficult to even pick them out from each other. In short, I would bet he never saw your message, and if he did he didn't think twice about it. I don't think you have anything to worry about, really! Besides - we all know he loves us, I don't think he's waiting to stand in judgement over the 100s or maybe 1000s of people who've sent him messages LOL. Really, I think you're fine :thumb_yello:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ladyolivier said:

Instagram expert, checking in.

Messages on instagram work kind of like twitter DMs, but slightly differently. If you receive a message from someone who you've never messaged before (or perhaps who you're not following? I'm not EXACTLY sure what the rule is) it comes in as a "message request", and when you open it you see the message and options at the bottom that say "accept" or "deny". Insta has this feature because their DMs have a "seen" feature, and they want to insure no one puts themselves in a position to receive abuse for "seeing" a message but not responding, so unless you choose to accept the request the person who sent it doesn't see that you have opened it. Basically, the person can open your message without you knowing they have opened it unless they choose to let you know this.

If you comment on something, and start that comment by "@" tagging someone, Insta sometimes (it seems kinda arbitrary, to be honest) sends it as a message unless you click a way-too-tiny "x" symbol, and then it posts as a comment. You can tell if it's going to send it as a message or not because if it is, there's a thing above the comment field that says "sending as a message". the little "x" is on the right hand side of that bar. If you touch it the bar will go away, and this is how you can tell it's posting as a comment. Additionally, the "send" button is green for messages and blue for comments.

/end instagram mechanics rant

I am 100% sure he gets tons and tons of insta messages and snapchats. I would bet anything that he doesn't even check his messages often and when he does, the sheer volume probably makes it difficult to even pick them out from each other. In short, I would bet he never saw your message, and if he did he didn't think twice about it. I don't think you have anything to worry about, really! Besides - we all know he loves us, I don't think he's waiting to stand in judgement over the 100s or maybe 1000s of people who've sent him messages LOL. Really, I think you're fine :thumb_yello:

Thank you for the detailed explanation! 

• Like 1