So that's where Mika got his inspiration! :teehee:

On 10/23/2017 at 10:25 PM, Kelzy said:

Happy Birthday Teegs! :drinks_wine::happybday::rasta:

On 10/23/2017 at 10:43 PM, silver said:

Happy Birthday Teegs :hug:

image360-533x388.jpg

Thanks ladies! Twas a good day :biggrin2:

On 10/23/2017 at 10:51 PM, silver said:

Just moved house.  Everything is in a box or a muddle :aah:  About to buy a lot of (cheap) furniture, not much storage space in house.  But we have a huge gardenP1060522.thumb.JPG.f13236eb259c502ae37add8f23f3c4ac.JPG

P1060511.thumb.JPG.b5081b15c4817f10ae1226e5f9d06005.JPG

P1060515.JPG

Nice looking place! Nice garden too! 

On 10/23/2017 at 10:55 PM, silver said:

And I'm not supposed to be here :bleh:

Neither am I :fisch: There's only 3 yr 10 kids here, the rest are out prettifying themselves for their formal tonight... and it's just started pissing down with rain! :lmfao:

On 11/5/2017 at 8:57 AM, silver said:

I've rediscovered the Tasmanian wolf!

P1070079a.thumb.jpg.07126bb7060aeb6ed715abc44e4b3bf5.jpg

Awww, pretty dogs! 

6 hours ago, silver said:

Hello Australia - is there anybody in? :wink2:

Yep, gonna disappear in about 5 mins or so cause that's the end of the period and I get to leave early! :kachinga:

Hi Teegs :bye:

I like having a house with a verandah, but I think we'll change the colour from black to something else - maybe a slate grey, or even blue. 

Work still keeping you busy?

11 hours ago, silver said:

Hi Teegs :bye:

I like having a house with a verandah, but I think we'll change the colour from black to something else - maybe a slate grey, or even blue. 

Work still keeping you busy?

Slate grey would look nice, the black stands out too much with such a light coloured building. 

Yeah, keeping very busy. Only got 3 more weeks until the end of the school year then I'm off for 6 weeks. I'm also trying to get my Cert III stuff finished by the end of the year. The teaching year for them finishes on the 1st of December so I've got to get my typing speed tests done by then :shocked: One unit I haven't even started cause I haven't gotten the learner guide or assessment for it :shocked:

5 hours ago, nico_collard said:

Slate grey would look nice, the black stands out too much with such a light coloured building. 

Yeah, keeping very busy. Only got 3 more weeks until the end of the school year then I'm off for 6 weeks. I'm also trying to get my Cert III stuff finished by the end of the year. The teaching year for them finishes on the 1st of December so I've got to get my typing speed tests done by then :shocked: One unit I haven't even started cause I haven't gotten the learner guide or assessment for it :shocked:

Sounds like you are running out of time :crossed:

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/25/2017 at 11:03 PM, silver said:

Sounds like you are running out of time :crossed:

Yeah, I was a little bit. Managed to get the typing tests done before teaching finished and the other stuff finished by about the 14th. 

I've had an interesting few days. I managed to agree to teaching some support and mainstream classes for first term next year, so 11 weeks. Luckily for me, the history and geography subjects  plus the STEM classes are all programmed so I just have to teach the topic. the Sport classes are dependent on whether it's a double or two single classes (if it's a double then the year group does everything together, if single classes then I have to do some modified games to practice fundamental movement skills). 

I also sewed a Christmas skirt and finished it off within a few days. Considering I didn't want to do any sewing in the first place, I did pretty well. 

And, yeah... that's about it I think. 

If I don't hop on here before tomorrow, Merry Christmas! 

Merry-Christmas2.jpg 211216presentsWP.jpg

Christmas-Tablelow.jpg

On 12/24/2017 at 6:28 AM, nico_collard said:

I've had an interesting few days. I managed to agree to teaching some support and mainstream classes for first term next year, so 11 weeks. Luckily for me, the history and geography subjects  plus the STEM classes are all programmed so I just have to teach the topic. the Sport classes are dependent on whether it's a double or two single classes (if it's a double then the year group does everything together, if single classes then I have to do some modified games to practice fundamental movement skills). 

I also sewed a Christmas skirt and finished it off within a few days. Considering I didn't want to do any sewing in the first place, I did pretty well. 

If the 11 weeks go well, is there a prospect of more work like that?  Or is that not what you want to do?

:yay: for the Christmas skirt, I don't think I could sew anything like that (I can just about manage hems and buttons).

Hope you had a good Christmas, here it has just been cold and raining :sad: 

On 12/27/2017 at 2:43 AM, silver said:

If the 11 weeks go well, is there a prospect of more work like that?  Or is that not what you want to do?

:yay: for the Christmas skirt, I don't think I could sew anything like that (I can just about manage hems and buttons).

Hope you had a good Christmas, here it has just been cold and raining :sad: 

The job is for up to 11 weeks, cause they've already advertised it for a permanent position and aren't culling applications/doing interviews till week 2/3. The principal said there could be day to day casual work there which will help. I only need it till the end of term 2 (end of June) anyways, as it'll be a bit hard to work when heavily pregnant/with a newborn :fisch: :wink2:  (anyone on FB might want to keep this to themselves cause I haven't told all the family yet)

Buttonholes and any sewing where I need to sew straight is where I struggle... so basically most sewing :teehee:

Christmas day was pretty good, though it got very cold and wet in the afternoon/night. I ended up changing into a pair of jeans and a jumper. 

Edited by nico_collard
Testing colours

Also it doesn't seem worth starting a new thread for 2018 so I will just change the title of the current thread.

I remember when there were pages of chat every day :tears:

On 12/31/2017 at 5:42 AM, silver said:

Teegs - congrats :huglove: .  When is the baby due?

15th of July. Chances are I'll be having another c section but we'll see how we go. We had the 12 week scan on Friday and bub looks pretty happy (he/she was kicking away). Sam was pretending to do the scan while the woman was doing it, it was pretty cute. 

On 1/4/2018 at 8:22 AM, silver said:

Also it doesn't seem worth starting a new thread for 2018 so I will just change the title of the current thread.

I remember when there were pages of chat every day :tears:

Yeah, prob not worth it. It's really sad it's died off so much but people have lives and have moved on from Mika. :sad:

While I think of it, when did we get the world rep badges below our avatars? Have they been there for ages and I'm just really unobservant?

Edited by nico_collard

2 hours ago, nico_collard said:

15th of July. Chances are I'll be having another c section but we'll see how we go. We had the 12 week scan on Friday and bub looks pretty happy (he/she was kicking away). Sam was pretending to do the scan while the woman was doing it, it was pretty cute. 

Yeah, prob not worth it. It's really sad it's died off so much but people have lives and have moved on from Mika. :sad:

While I think of it, when did we get the world rep badges below our avatars? Have they been there for ages and I'm just really unobservant?

The world rep badges are a present for the new year :wink2:

On 1/9/2018 at 12:10 AM, silver said:

The world rep badges are a present for the new year :wink2:

Oh good, I was hoping I hadn't missed it. 

I screen capped the image and am thinking of putting it in my siggie in place of my old one... what do you think? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2018 at 9:30 AM, nico_collard said:

Oh good, I was hoping I hadn't missed it. 

I screen capped the image and am thinking of putting it in my siggie in place of my old one... what do you think? 

The idea is to have it instead of the one in your signature.  However, I suggest you add "World Rep for Australia" to your signature, together with the link to your welcome message.

I had to add mine to my signature because i already have the Mod team logo in my profile.

On 1/22/2018 at 5:28 AM, silver said:

The idea is to have it instead of the one in your signature.  However, I suggest you add "World Rep for Australia" to your signature, together with the link to your welcome message.

I had to add mine to my signature because i already have the Mod team logo in my profile.

Okies, will do. 

Once I figure out how to edit the siggie... 

EDIT: Nevermind, I worked it out. 

Edited by nico_collard

11 hours ago, nico_collard said:

Okies, will do. 

Once I figure out how to edit the siggie... 

EDIT: Nevermind, I worked it out. 

It's a big signature now though - could you use a smaller font?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2018 at 8:52 AM, silver said:

It's a big signature now though - could you use a smaller font?

Yep, I'll edit it. 

Does it look better now?

Oooooh, guess what??? My brother and sister in law had their baby on Tuesday, they had a girl! :woot_jump:

On 1/29/2018 at 9:04 AM, silver said:

Hope people are surviving the hot weather OK :sweatdrop:

The hot weather isn't the massive concern for us in the Citrus City, there's a bushfire out of town and it's moving east at the moment (over 700 hectares so far). The first is from my grandparents' place (opposite side of town to the fire), middle one is near the hospital (south side of town and a lot closer) and the third is near the Rural Fire Service building out of town and as close as I will get. There apparently have been some idiots driving along some of the roads for a look. The news were saying it was suspicious. RFS say weather could make the fire worse tomorrow. 

There's another one about 10-15km in a sorta NE direction from me but cause the wind is blowing E-NE it's going in the opposite direction to town (this one was apparently a lightning strike, though that doesn't make it any better).  

Here's the newspaper's link if you're curious: Central Western Daily

DSC00152.JPG

DSC00165.JPG

DSC00170.JPG

Edited by nico_collard

On 2/12/2018 at 1:52 AM, silver said:

That is worrying :shocked:  We sometimes get heath fires but nothing like the wildfires you experience.  Hope the wind keeps the fires away from town.

Very worrying. The mountain fire would have to burn 15km (and most of town) before it gets to us, so I'm pretty sure we're safe.  It's also hit farmland and it's not burning there too well. 

They've had planes and helicopters flying over and dumping water and this gel that stops fires from spreading, which seems to have helped. They've also been doing some backburning today so that's helped. According to the Fires Near Me app, the fire's being controlled at the moment but has burnt 1333 ha at this stage. The other fire is at a similar size and is also being controlled. They're hoping to get both under control before conditions worsen (they're thinking the next few days could be pretty bad). The town is pretty smoky but okay.    

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2018 at 9:53 AM, silver said:

Sounds pretty hairy to me.  I hope they get the fires under control soon.

Twas pretty hairy. They got it under control and out. The National Park is closed and will be for a few months cause they're worried about trees falling and trying to find injured animals. 

I see the weather is pretty hairy over in England as well! Hope you're staying out of the snow! 

1 hour ago, nico_collard said:

Twas pretty hairy. They got it under control and out. The National Park is closed and will be for a few months cause they're worried about trees falling and trying to find injured animals. 

I see the weather is pretty hairy over in England as well! Hope you're staying out of the snow! 

Well, I'm staying out of the snow in the sense that I am tucked up indoors.  But we are in the middle of a blizzard in sub-zero temperatures.

• 1 month later...

Yesterday I discovered a new album and it's all I've been listening to on repeat since yesterday because I quite like it. It's called "No Place in Heaven" by some guy called Mika. Maybe you've heard of it, apparently it came out in 2015?  :dunno:

I like your new house and garden Silver, and congrats on the upcoming new baby Tegan! :yay: