Say Something Random pt. 29 ~ Because why not

12 hours ago, cat_loves_mika said:

Age gaps usually don't matter, but can be a little tricker when you're younger; like us. My boyfriend and I have a 6 year age gap and we never notice it most of the time and we have been together for almost 2 years now (we even live together, plan on moving across the country together, plan on getting married, etc.), but sometimes things will hit me that reminds me how young and naïve I truly am compared to him. Like when I hang out with his friends, I'm the only one still in school and the rest of them have careers or are married/getting married. It can be odd at times, but not to the point where I regret anything about the relationship I have. 

Why not ask him out!? I think if you like him and you think he likes you too you, don't have much to lose. I was the initiator in my relationship and look where I am now :lmfao:  We also met on tinder, but that's another story. 

My parents have a 6 year age gap and they've been married for over 20 years, so I know it can definitely work.  But, as you say, it can be difficult, which is why I'm so apprehensive.

I'm really not sure whether he likes me or not.  Some days I think he does, others I think not.  I've been getting so many mixed signals and it's been driving me crazy! :doh:

I've spoken to several people about it though and they all said it's worth a try, so I guess I'll have to see how it goes.  Thanks for the advice. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, teenagedreamer98 said:

My parents have a 6 year age gap and they've been married for over 20 years, so I know it can definitely work.  But, as you say, it can be difficult, which is why I'm so apprehensive.

I'm really not sure whether he likes me or not.  Some days I think he does, others I think not.  I've been getting so many mixed signals and it's been driving me crazy! :doh:

I've spoken to several people about it though and they all said it's worth a try, so I guess I'll have to see how it goes.  Thanks for the advice. :)

Let me know how it goes with him! The best way to figure out how he feels is being straightforward, but the difficult thing is figuring out if you want to risk the status quo of your friendship to do so. If its driving you crazy, I'd shoot the moon and ask. But I'm a blunt person, so I've never had difficulty with that kind of thing. 

Man, this is making me think about all my relationships that were complete s**t from before I met my boyfriend. My last boyfriend was a literal sociopath. I fell for him because he liked Mika and he sang opera and all this s**t... was a scumbag though. :baghead: But it just makes me super thankful for how great my man is now. :wub:

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, cat_loves_mika said:

Let me know how it goes with him! The best way to figure out how he feels is being straightforward, but the difficult thing is figuring out if you want to risk the status quo of your friendship to do so. If its driving you crazy, I'd shoot the moon and ask. But I'm a blunt person, so I've never had difficulty with that kind of thing. 

Man, this is making me think about all my relationships that were complete s**t from before I met my boyfriend. My last boyfriend was a literal sociopath. I fell for him because he liked Mika and he sang opera and all this s**t... was a scumbag though. :baghead: But it just makes me super thankful for how great my man is now. :wub:

I'll let you know how I get on.  Usually I tend to be tactful with people, although my new year resolution was to tell people how I really feel, so I'd better stick to it haha!  I'm going to try and hang out with him more, on a one-to-one basis.  That way, we might be more open to each other.

That sucks but I'm happy you found a wonderful person.  There was a guy I liked at high school, but when he found out I liked him he went mad at me and said he never wanted me to contact him again. :( This was years ago, but I'm worried that the same thing might happen again with the guy I like now.  Hopefully not, though.

1 hour ago, teenagedreamer98 said:

I'll let you know how I get on.  Usually I tend to be tactful with people, although my new year resolution was to tell people how I really feel, so I'd better stick to it haha!  I'm going to try and hang out with him more, on a one-to-one basis.  That way, we might be more open to each other.

That sucks but I'm happy you found a wonderful person.  There was a guy I liked at high school, but when he found out I liked him he went mad at me and said he never wanted me to contact him again. :( This was years ago, but I'm worried that the same thing might happen again with the guy I like now.  Hopefully not, though.

That's a good idea! Ask him to do something, maybe get coffee or some other activity. That's the way to go! :thumb_yello:

Seems like we've attracted the crazy boys in the past. I doubt something like that will happen now. But, you won't know until you try. Unfortunately, love is about getting hurt as well as being unbelievably happy. Can't have the good without the bad. 

• Like 2

I used to do a lot of song writing. Lately I haven’t been able to put together anything I like and it driving me insane. It make me mad and sad, because people would say I was so good at it. I think it’s because I haven’t been heartbroken in awhile, having a good relationship has ruined me.  :sneaky2:

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well... I finally managed to tell the guy I like how I feel.

I was incredibly nervous but luckily he was flattered.  We decided it's better to stay friends right now, but at least he was nice about it.

Admittedly I still have some feelings for him.  After all, he was my first kiss (long story!) :teehee:  But I've accepted that nothing more will happen.  In the end, I still think he was uncomfortable with the age gap, but I can't help that.  I wish him the best anyway. :)

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, teenagedreamer98 said:

I was incredibly nervous but luckily he was flattered.  We decided it's better to stay friends right now, but at least he was nice about it.

Admittedly I still have some feelings for him.  After all, he was my first kiss (long story!) :teehee:  But I've accepted that nothing more will happen.  In the end, I still think he was uncomfortable with the age gap, but I can't help that.  I wish him the best anyway. :)

Aww... :hug: I'm proud of you for giving it your best. You should be too! Its good experience for the future too. :wink2: I'm glad it ended on such good terms. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, teenagedreamer98 said:

I'm proud of you that you told him! And I'm glad he responded good :) 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

:clap:

Mine was very pleasant and quiet. I spend the Holy Night together with my parents. We ate our traditional sausages. :naughty: And then we exchanged our gifts and sang Christmas songs. :)

The next day we visited my brother and his family. That was nice, too. My niece played Christmas songs on her violin. ;)

What about yours? :hug:

56 minutes ago, Starlight said:

:clap:

Mine was very pleasant and quiet. I spend the Holy Night together with my parents. We ate our traditional sausages. :naughty: And then we exchanged our gifts and sang Christmas songs. :)

The next day we visited my brother and his family. That was nice, too. My niece played Christmas songs on her violin. ;)

That sounds lovely! :original:

13 hours ago, We-Are-Golden said:

YES WE CAN :cheer: 

So, how was everyone's Christmas? :biggrin2: 

I had a really great time, thanks.  Spent Christmas with my family and had a really relaxing time.  I got some new make-up and books, and my boyfriend wrote me a poem. :wub2: But a bonus gift for me was Mika's Christmas message when he mentioned going on tour next year! :excite:

How was yours?

6 hours ago, teenagedreamer98 said:

I had a really great time, thanks.  Spent Christmas with my family and had a really relaxing time.  I got some new make-up and books, and my boyfriend wrote me a poem. :wub2: But a bonus gift for me was Mika's Christmas message when he mentioned going on tour next year! :excite:

How was yours?

Ah that's good! I love a good relaxing Christmas. And how sweet of your boyfriend! :wub2:  

Mine was great! Spend my evening with my family, eating together, opening presents and watching Home Alone 2 :naughty: Got some jewelry, shower gel and a new pair of very cosy gloves :biggrin2: 

And Mika's message made it even more magical! :cheer: I really hope he will tour in many countries!

1 hour ago, Starlight said:

I still can't believe that he might go in tour the coming year... I miss him badly and it would be a miracle to see him again. :wub2:

Me too, I'm so excited!!  I wonder when in the year he will tour... summer?  Autumn?  Hopefully sooner rather than later, it's been nearly three years since I saw him in London. :wub2:

17 hours ago, We-Are-Golden said:

Ah that's good! I love a good relaxing Christmas. And how sweet of your boyfriend! :wub2:  

Mine was great! Spend my evening with my family, eating together, opening presents and watching Home Alone 2 :naughty: Got some jewelry, shower gel and a new pair of very cosy gloves :biggrin2: 

And Mika's message made it even more magical! :cheer: I really hope he will tour in many countries!

Yeah, I feel lucky to have him in my life.  That's great you had a lovely time with your family.  I'm sure Mika could manage a trip to the Netherlands in the near future :wink2:

Hopefully Scotland and Germany too! :biggrin2: