Why We Love Mika

HiHarrysgirl

There are many reasons why I love Mika: his voice has the power to enchant me, his music manages to move me, makes me dance like crazy or cries at the same time and finally he has brought into my life a little bit of healthy madness, consolation and joy...and each concert is a magical, poetic and unique event!!!!

I recently watched this video about Mika, I guess it pretty much sum up the reasons why I love Mika :)

His music is absolutely amazing.I guess I can't describe his music using words..it's just spectacular :)

Here I would like to share some qualities that I've seen in Mika which makes him a special star, just like a magician, rather than a musician. 

Mika is never rigid...He allows varieties of possibilities flowing freely, just like how he described his clothes, there's combination of colours, some fun elements (sense of humor as he described) within a supposedly formal and traditional coat. Similarly, his songs are often combination of acoustic and pop, catchy melody and "almost disturbing lyrics" (as how he described in the video)...these make his songs very energetic, special and fun, yet can be melancholic simultaneously. that's truly amazing!! It somehow resembles a real person, with combination of all sorts of emotions..

Mika also pointed out his view about how to be flexible and live happily in reality. In life, there are too many expectations which could not be fulfilled all the time. It is important for us to recognize what are our expectations and whether these expectations are realistic and feasible. We tend to mix up ideal world vs reality. Ideally, Mika would like to be a pure musician, but in reality, he knows that life is never to be as dull as pure black or white. Hence, we see his flexibility which he learn to live with these happily by enjoying the little fun whenever he could appreciate.. and the best part is, he created the fun whenever it's possible!! 

He enjoys the moments and dynamics between his team members, with people around him, his students from singing competition, his friends and family, and the audience...Us, his fans..I feel really touched and that's the main reason why I love him. Just like how he described, we as his fans, from all over the world, regardless of our religions, countries, races, are able to gather and let down all the defenses, to share the love and enjoying his music.. That's sincere and lovely..pure magic...

Here I attached the link of this video...

Hope all of you enjoy it. :)

Have a nice day :)

Lotsa love,

Nie

• Like 1

Why do I love Mika?

Because he makes me happy I think that's the main reason :wub2: Thanks to his songs, his sweet voice , his lovely smile, because he is so sweet with his fans , because I love the way he sees life and tries to make it better for everyone because of his real humanity and by getting involved into many right causes , also because his shows make me forget everything else once I step into his world an also because I have wonderful friends all around the world thanks to him, and also because he made me more confident about myself like I'm fine with being a Big Girl now thanks to his positive song I do feel beautiful  ,and develop my artistic side (drawing, singing, taking photos, writing poems) and he  thought me how to put my worries into a poem and make it beautiful so I can overcome negative things and turn them into something positive instead. As my son put it "you will always have Mika" and indeed his songs are always here with me in any circumstances of my life either to celebrate or help me. When I see him smile, I smile back, he's like the sun, he makes me feel warm,relaxed and happy. Also I have the opportunity to express myself in different languages everyday thanks to him and travel through his photos and when his gigs are streamed and when other MFCers share lots of pics and reports :group_hug: Also I love MFC projects when we all get together to make yearbooks and birthday gifts for him :wub2: I love all my Mika friends , we always share so much and we get the best laughs together and we're always ready to help one another, we're really like a big family, all different but united by our love for him and I'm so thankful to Mika whose brought all this happiness to me :wub2:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 3

Why? He saved my life 7 month ago. My husband died,I wanted to die with him...i listened to Mika's songs all the time and I cried all the time.. I think it was the only thing I was doing- crying and listening. Mika helped me really a lot..

Ps.sorry for my horrible English

• Like 2

Why? He saved my life 7 month ago. My husband died,I wanted to die with him...i listened to Mika's songs all the time and I cried all the time.. I think it was the only thing I was doing- crying and listening. Mika helped me really a lot..

Ps.sorry for my horrible English

sorry to hear that. Hope that you are doing fine. 

https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/181356-no-death-no-fear

hope this will help.

Lotsa love,

Nie

I recently started blogging and I wrote today about why I love MIKA. 10 years since LICM, but it's just an excuse to talk about him really. :wink2: Please have a read!  :thumb_yello:

https://lillaconsiders.com/2017/02/09/10-years-of-life-in-cartoon-motion-more-thankful-than-ever-for-the-weird-wonderful-world-of-mika/

"Why be dull when dazzling colour is possible? Thank you MIKA!" 

I love this!! 

:wink2:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Why do I love Mika?

Because he makes me happy I think that's the main reason :wub2: Thanks to his songs, his sweet voice , his lovely smile, because he is so sweet with his fans , because I love the way he sees life and tries to make it better for everyone because of his real humanity and by getting involved into many right causes , also because his shows make me forget everything else once I step into his world an also because I have wonderful friends all around the world thanks to him, and also because he made me more confident about myself like I'm fine with being a Big Girl now thanks to his positive song I do feel beautiful  ,and develop my artistic side (drawing, singing, taking photos, writing poems) and he  thought me how to put my worries into a poem and make it beautiful so I can overcome negative things and turn them into something positive instead. As my son put it "you will always have Mika" and indeed his songs are always here with me in any circumstances of my life either to celebrate or help me. When I see him smile, I smile back, he's like the sun, he makes me feel warm,relaxed and happy. Also I have the opportunity to express myself in different languages everyday thanks to him and travel through his photos and when his gigs are streamed and when other MFCers share lots of pics and reports :group_hug: Also I love MFC projects when we all get together to make yearbooks and birthday gifts for him :wub2: I love all my Mika friends , we always share so much and we get the best laughs together and we're always ready to help one another, we're really like a big family, all different but united by our love for him and I'm so thankful to Mika whose brought all this happiness to me :wub2:

You described it so well Anne! EVERYTHING I AGREE WHOLEHEARTEDLY WITH :swoon::wub2:

I have lots of reasons, reasonable and not :) 

From time to time I'm wondering: why I'm still there, after all these years? Why my feelings are even fresher and stronger, with every year? Every time I discover something new in him, find some changes, I like it. I'm never disappointed, even if his decisions seem wrong in the beginning. All those years I saw a human in him, not a star (even if he becomes more and more starry with the time).

I always said that it's not even music that keeps me there. Every his talent is important for me. I wasn't even going to mention his linguistic capabilities, his articles (which I re-read from time to time and they never stop amaze me), his behaviour at the gigs.

Well, I tried to find the main reason of his attraction, but I can't cover all this... Maybe, maybe the secret is in his purity, cleanness (dunno how to describe what I feel!) Even when he investigates the dark side of people, he still looks like an independent scientist, he stays untouched (Writing songs about misfortunes and other people's crimes). He can be naughty or whatever, but his clear and pure eyes are the guiding line in my life, like the azure sea water in the summer. He makes me believe in humanity. 

I'm so tired of all those celebrity scandals, epatage, attempts to shock people, so I greatly appreciate Mika's way of life. I'm so happy that he attracts people with his talent, with his hard work, with his personality and intelligence.

• Like 6

I have lots of reasons, reasonable and not :)

From time to time I'm wondering: why I'm still there, after all these years? Why my feelings are even fresher and stronger, with every year? Every time I discover something new in him, find some changes, I like it. I'm never disappointed, even if his decisions seem wrong in the beginning. All those years I saw a human in him, not a star (even if he becomes more and more starry with the time).

I always said that it's not even music that keeps me there. Every his talent is important for me. I wasn't even going to mention his linguistic capabilities, his articles (which I re-read from time to time and they never stop amaze me), his behaviour at the gigs.

Well, I tried to find the main reason of his attraction, but I can't cover all this... Maybe, maybe the secret is in his purity, cleanness (dunno how to describe what I feel!) Even when he investigates the dark side of people, he still looks like an independent scientist, he stays untouched (Writing songs about misfortunes and other people's crimes). He can be naughty or whatever, but his clear and pure eyes are the guiding line in my life, like the azure sea water in the summer. He makes me believe in humanity.

I'm so tired of all those celebrity scandals, epatage, attempts to shock people, so I greatly appreciate Mika's way of life. I'm so happy that he attracts people with his talent, with his hard work, with his personality and intelligence.

Well said!

• Like 2

Hm, why I love Mika, his music, his art? Well, some songs of him sems he has watched into my head, my heart, so they are transporting my emotions, my thinking, my bad eyperiences I had in past times.  Also my life changed  during his music. I'm travelling, meet people, found wonderful friends and in somes I found to myself. But's not only Mikas music and artwork, it's his personality, his never giving up even if things ae not working as they should. His way he shows tolerance and kindness. But I also like his small quirks and even  being clumsy sometimes cause it shows me, he is a human being , no angel, no god but a lovely person.  Mika, you light up my life!

• Like 5