dcdeb

Software Upgrade

27 posts in this topic

Hello MFC! :bye:

 

Wanted to give you all a little warning that we're going to be upgrading the site's software soon. We've been running an old version for a while, so it's time!

 

With the upgrade, we expect some changes, both in appearance and in functionality.

 

Initially, we are probably going to lose our current color scheme and our snazzy Mika slideshow that you see on the home page. But don't panic -- we'll get our "look" back as soon as we possibly can, with some improvements.

 

Because we'll be upgrading, we will also have some new options and functions. We should have an improved mobile-friendly version of the site, and we'll also be looking into an MFC app. The upgrade should eliminate some of the technical glitches some of you have been experiencing, too.

 

But in general, the forums should look the same and work basically the same way they do now -- you won't have to re-learn everything from scratch.

 

I'll keep you up-to-date on what's happening and when in this thread. We may have some downtime, but we'll try to keep that to a minimum. :thumb_yello:

 

In the meantime, if you have any questions, I'll try to answer them -- TRY! :naughty:

 

Thanks for your patience!

 

 

 

 

15 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds really exciting ! New design, new MFC ;-) Can't wait to see the new one ! Thanks for the warning Deb ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Deb!! :thumb_yello:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the advance warning, Deb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An MFC app, that sounds so amazing, I hope it happens Xxx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the warning, Deb!   :thumb_yello:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your warning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An MFC app, that sounds so amazing, I hope it happens Xxx

 

Me too! :naughty:

 

Seriously, I hope we can make it work. It's been on the to-do list for a while, so... :crossed:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds great! I hope the colors will remain the same,it looks fresh and relaxing  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The MFC sounds great ???? thanks for the warning Deb !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds great! I hope the colors will remain the same,it looks fresh and relaxing  :)

 

 

We'll do our best, but you know... if Mika is working on a new album, that means new artwork and a new look for mikasounds.com, so we'll probably change eventually to match whatever that becomes. :thumb_yello:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We'll do our best, but you know... if Mika is working on a new album, that means new artwork and a new look for mikasounds.com, so we'll probably change eventually to match whatever that becomes. :thumb_yello:

 

Right,any color would be perfect,if that means new music    :yes:

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We'll do our best, but you know... if Mika is working on a new album, that means new artwork and a new look for mikasounds.com, so we'll probably change eventually to match whatever that becomes. :thumb_yello:

It seems he is according to his instagram :biggrin2:  Best wishes for the upgrade  :thumb_yello:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:Update:

 

We don't have a date for the upgrade yet, but we are on the schedule to be done before the end of the month, so keep your eyes peeled! :what:

 

When the upgrade takes place, they tell me we'll probably have about 3-4 hours of downtime. That's not too terrible. We'll try to have the work done overnight for Europe, so that there won't be as many online at the time.

 

Also, I wanted to point out that among the differences you'll notice once we upgrade, is that you'll no longer have "friends" -- you'll have "followers".

 

Instead of requiring mutual acknowledgement as with the traditional friends system, you simply follow users you find interesting so you can be updated when they contribute to the community. You can prevent others from following you, as well. I guess it works sort of like Twitter.

 

As I run across other differences that might affect your profile and the forum in general, I'll try to point them out here, to give you fair warning. :thumb_yello:

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the update, Deb!   :flowers2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice job MFC mods!

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Welcome back MFC :bye: I have missed you even it was a short downtime. 

So far my experience is positive :thumb_yello: and the changes are easier to adjust to than when we changed the servers the first time. On pc, I have no problem logging in and answering to threads, but with phone which is what I first tried, all I could do was log in, read and like posts, but I was unable to reply to any thread, the reply button didn't open the phone keyboard for me as it used to. I have tried with three different phone browsers so far and none of them let me do it. I yet have to try and update them as it might do the trick and I'll let you know. 

On pc notifications are instant and make noise as on facebook :teehee: and the pages seem bigger and we have a nerd smiley :nerd:  which looks like a :chkn::lmfao:

And the whole site is faster than the speed of light :woot_jump:

Thank you so much dear Mama mod and Mellody for all your work :flowers2: :hug:

 

Edited by crazyaboutmika

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finding the new site a bit confusing.  Can't seem to find the My Content button and there are fewer emojis... :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we go to the last page at once to the topics of Unread Content?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

23 minutes ago, teenagedreamer98 said:

Finding the new site a bit confusing.  Can't seem to find the My Content button and there are fewer emojis... :(

The emojis are still here, you need to click on "categories" (on the right up corner) to be able to see all of them :thumb_yello:

This is where you can find everyone's activities , people you follow activities and your own content:

Here it is.png

Edited by crazyaboutmika
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like the new site! Right now I find it quite confusing as well, but I think it's just a matter of time :teehee:

It wasn't that hard to find things so far, just... where have the "new threads" gone? I mean the ones that used to be in the right side of the home page :huh: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sara09 said:

I really like the new site! Right now I find it quite confusing as well, but I think it's just a matter of time :teehee:

It wasn't that hard to find things so far, just... where have the "new threads" gone? I mean the ones that used to be in the right side of the home page :huh: 

I don't know if they will go back on the home page, but at the moment you will have to look under the Activity tab

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

The emojis are still here, you need to click on "categories" (on the right up corner) to be able to see all of them :thumb_yello:

This is where you can find everyone's activities , people you follow activities and your own content:

Here it is.png

Thank you!  I may need some time to get used to this though. :doh:

Is there a page where I can view my liked content as well?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Welcome back MFC :bye: I have missed you even it was a short downtime. 

So far my experience is positive :thumb_yello: and the changes are easier to adjust to than when we changed the servers the first time. On pc, I have no problem logging in and answering to threads, but with phone which is what I first tried, all I could do was log in, read and like posts, but I was unable to reply to any thread, the reply button didn't open the phone keyboard for me as it used to. I have tried with three different phone browsers so far and none of them let me do it. I yet have to try and update them as it might do the trick and I'll let you know. 

On pc notifications are instant and make noise as on facebook :teehee: and the pages seem bigger and we have a nerd smiley :nerd:  which looks like a :chkn::lmfao:

And the whole site is faster than the speed of light :woot_jump:

Thank you so much dear Mama mod and Mellody for all your work :flowers2: :hug:

 

Thanks, Anne. I haven't checked the site with my phone or iPad yet, have been concentrating on the desktop, but I'll do that tonight and see what changes need to be made.

 

50 minutes ago, Dreamy_Queen said:

Can we go to the last page at once to the topics of Unread Content?

I haven't tried yet, I'll get back to you!

 

27 minutes ago, sara09 said:

I really like the new site! Right now I find it quite confusing as well, but I think it's just a matter of time :teehee:

It wasn't that hard to find things so far, just... where have the "new threads" gone? I mean the ones that used to be in the right side of the home page :huh: 

I thought I had added those, sorry. I should be able to do that now.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Thanks, Anne. I haven't checked the site with my phone or iPad yet, have been concentrating on the desktop, but I'll do that tonight and see what changes need to be made.

 

I haven't tried yet, I'll get back to you!

 

I thought I had added those, sorry. I should be able to do that now.

The site works perfectly fine for me and I'm on my iphone. Thought you would maybe want to know!

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.