dcdeb

Tech Support - 2017 Style

77 posts in this topic

MFC upgraded its software on March 20, 2017. It was a big update, so you may have questions about how to use the new functions, or maybe you've found some bugs that need to be fixed.

Is your avatar missing? Can't reach your PM box? Maybe you know someone who is having problems logging in?

Use this thread for any technical OMG-MFC-is-broken type requests. :wink2:

We'll do our best to answer questions and help however we can! :thumb_yello:

6 people like this

crazyaboutmika and Mikasister were reporting yesterday that they couldn't see any events in the Calendar - just the number of birthdays.  This was on laptops and phones (and using different browsers).

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

46 minutes ago, silver said:

crazyaboutmika and Mikasister were reporting yesterday that they couldn't see any events in the Calendar - just the number of birthdays.  This was on laptops and phones (and using different browsers).

This morning it was even totally empty and tonight the number of birthdays is back...another French fan who just joined can only see birthdays as well.... the calendar has been this way for me since the update ...

Thank you for reporting Silver :hug: and for opening this thread Deb :hug:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

I'm starting to understand the frustration of professional tech support people who say, "I can't replicate your problem."

Anyhow, I can see birthdays in the calendar, but I am not able to see events, and I don't know why. I'll be investigating further.

Please do keep telling us when you have issues that like this and I will keep trying to figure it out.

:thumb_yello:

Is it only the month view which is blank, or is it the week and day views as well?

I can see everything (using a PC/Windows 10/Firefox)

As for the calendar, I can see it both on MAC and PC.

While, in order to see events on my smartphone, I have to click on the highlighted days.

----------------------------------

As for links, unfortunately all links posted on the old website, that is before mid April 2015, when we migrated to the new platform, don't work any more..... sigh 

I just had a look at the settings and for some reason it was not set to allow general members to see the events! :doh: (Moderators could, but not members.)

I changed that, so hopefully everyone can see everything now! Please check again and lmk!

3 people like this

I've been looking at the calendar function a bit more and it seems that now we can also add a map of where an event will be, which will be useful for parties and MFC gatherings, I think. We can also add recurring events, so something like Mika on The Voice, we would just have to enter once and then mark which dates the TV show would broadcast on in the future. That seems handy. :)

3 people like this

Hello, :bye:

some people asked me if we don't look in the Homepage the upcoming appointments, the new Topic, etc... with the phone,  it's because the update is not yet complete. Thanks! :)

36 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

I've been looking at the calendar function a bit more and it seems that now we can also add a map of where an event will be, which will be useful for parties and MFC gatherings, I think. We can also add recurring events, so something like Mika on The Voice, we would just have to enter once and then mark which dates the TV show would broadcast on in the future. That seems handy. :)

So, I've tried a test event, and the map is not displaying. :( I'll have to figure that out, because I think it ought to be there.

7 minutes ago, Gabry74 said:

Hello, :bye:

some people asked me if we don't look in the Homepage the upcoming appointments, the new Topic, etc... with the phone,  it's because the update is not yet complete. Thanks! :)

Gabry, the update IS complete now, so they should be seeing everything. Tell them to be sure they are logged in, because some things will not show for guests who are not logged in as MFC members. I know that a few times when I was on my phone or iPad, I couldn't see some sections of the forum and I panicked, but then I realized I was not logged in. As soon as I logged in, the information was there. :)

2 people like this

1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

I just had a look at the settings and for some reason it was not set to allow general members to see the events! :doh: (Moderators could, but not members.)

I changed that, so hopefully everyone can see everything now! Please check again and lmk!

I can see the events now,thanks! :thumb_yello:

1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

Take a look at the calender of April 2010, isn't it strange ?

Mod-team member's schedules on the calender.

http://www.mikafanclub.com/calendar/2010/4/

Yes, in the old days there were so many gigs, that we moderators would take turns posting about them -- managing the photos, videos and reports, etc. We had a separate calendar set up for that, so that we knew whose responsibility it was to take care of the various threads. So when you have "All Calendars" selected, you see that info. If you just select "Community Calendar" you won't see those entries. We don't use that separate calendar any more so you won't see it on recent events. :thumb_yello:

3 people like this

@dcdeb

Thank you for the detailed explanation, Deb.:)

7 hours ago, mari62 said:

As for links, unfortunately all links posted on the old website, that is before mid April 2015, when we migrated to the new platform, don't work any more..... sigh 

Yes, I've noticed the links in the Comprenhesive Lyrics don't work :aah:

@dcdeb I see all the events on the calendar now. Thank you!  :flowers2:

2 people like this

8 hours ago, dcdeb said:

I can see Mika's events again :woot_jump:  Thank you so much Deb :hug: :flowers2:

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Gabry, the update IS complete now, so they should be seeing everything. Tell them to be sure they are logged in, because some things will not show for guests who are not logged in as MFC members. I know that a few times when I was on my phone or iPad, I couldn't see some sections of the forum and I panicked, but then I realized I was not logged in. As soon as I logged in, the information was there. :)

Thank you very much @dcdeb!! :flowers2:

1 person likes this

21 hours ago, silver said:

Yes, at least on the older posts, the links don't work. Some of the newer ones are OK.

I wrote to Tech Support about this yesterday and at first they said I would have to do... well, something it got too technical for me and I felt like my head would just :blowup:

But then I gently reminded them that they were responsible for our migration a few years ago and the guy realized that we are hosted on their site -- and so he said to bear with him, that he would try to take care of it. So... I'm hopeful that he's working on it, and that we'll have a positive resolution soon, with all the links working again. :crossed:

On a positive note, I managed to enable Google Maps on the site, and we can now have little maps pop up on our events when we add addresses. :thumb_yello:

I think that will be useful! I added an address to Planet Hollywood on the London party event -- see what you think! :)

3 people like this

I just added an event to the calendar here:

As you can see, when I embedded the tweet, the video displays with it. Pretty cool.

Also, it gave me the chance to choose which time zone the event was taking place in, and then it automatically converts it to my time zone when I look at it. Well, I was impressed. :lol3:

I'm working on a way for us to automatically create a thread when we create a new event. Some of you may remember we had that ability on the old forum, but weren't able to do it here. I was reading something yesterday that explained a way to do it now; alternatively I might be able to install a plug-in that will do it for us. Stay tuned!  :yes:

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Yes, at least on the older posts, the links don't work. Some of the newer ones are OK.

I wrote to Tech Support about this yesterday and at first they said I would have to do... well, something it got too technical for me and I felt like my head would just :blowup:

But then I gently reminded them that they were responsible for our migration a few years ago and the guy realized that we are hosted on their site -- and so he said to bear with him, that he would try to take care of it. So... I'm hopeful that he's working on it, and that we'll have a positive resolution soon, with all the links working again. :crossed:

On a positive note, I managed to enable Google Maps on the site, and we can now have little maps pop up on our events when we add addresses. :thumb_yello:

I think that will be useful! I added an address to Planet Hollywood on the London party event -- see what you think! :)

Thank you for your time and dedication Deb :hug: 

Edited by crazyaboutmika
2 people like this

On 3/31/2017 at 9:23 AM, mari62 said:

On 3/31/2017 at 4:27 PM, silver said:

On 4/1/2017 at 1:58 PM, dcdeb said:

Well, I just heard back from Tech Support and they say they have fixed all the broken links. I just tested a couple and they seem to be working again. :cheer:

Please let me know if you find any that still aren't working properly, but it seems that we're getting back to normal, a little at a time!

6 people like this

Hello,

It seems like there is a problem of thread disappearance. The thread about The Voice 6 have disappeared and if I'm not wrong, several threads in The Help with the MFC subject also disappeared.

Thank you for your work.

1 person likes this

On 4/9/2017 at 7:23 PM, crazyaboutmika said:

I'm writing this on behalf of Sylvaine  http://www.mikafanclub.com/profile/24600-sylvaine/who can't log in to MFC :sad: This is what she sees on screen, no matter how many times she tries to log in (with pc)  

Sylvaine.png

Anne, I see that Sylvaine has two accounts here --

morlet sylvaine

morlet.sylvaine@gmail.com

sylvaine

sylvaine.morlet@gmail.com

Both seem to be fine as far as I can tell (although I will need to delete one, since users can only have one account here).

How is she trying to log in? Is she by chance using the "register" link instead of the "Sign In" link? Or is she perhaps mixing up password, using one from one account with the user name from another? Have you tried to talk her through the sign in process? If you can verify that she is actually trying to sign in properly and still getting this error, I'll write to tech support, because as I say, from my end it all looks fine.

login-screenshot.jpg

2 hours ago, Camus said:

Hello,

It seems like there is a problem of thread disappearance. The thread about The Voice 6 have disappeared and if I'm not wrong, several threads in The Help with the MFC subject also disappeared.

Thank you for your work.

Yes, we noticed that, too, and have written to tech support to determine whether the lost thread can be recovered.  Thanks!

1 person likes this