Newbie here~

mairbear

Hello / Salut / Ciao~

I'm Maria~ I'm 24 years old, Canadian but born in China. I guess I'm a bit of a wanderer like Mika :P I moved to Canada with my family when I was quite young. I've also spent quite a bit of time living in Quebec and France! Very happy I know French cause it looks like he's doing most of his work in France (and Italy) now. I love learning different languages so I'm working on Italian now... (if anyone else is learning I'd love a study buddy!) Also...does anyone know where I can find Italian subtitles of Stasera Casa Mika? 

Anyway, I actually first knew about Mika back in like... grade 5 when my french teacher made my whole class learn "Elle me dit" ... which I hated at the time :P I appreciate the lyrics more now but still don't like the music of that song. I prefer his lighter melodies in say.... Happy Ending or Staring at the Sun. Kicking myself for not looking into him more back then cause he's done so many performances that I could've attended... :( Seems like I jumped on the Mika train at an inopportune time actually cause he doesn't seem to have many performances booked this entire year, but better late than never! I joined so I can stay up to date and find fellow fanatics :) Please talk to me xD I'm kinda weird but I'm friendly! ;)

• Like 5

Ciao Maria, welcome to the MFC :bye: 

If you want to practice some Italian, my personal messages are always open! I'd be very glad to help you :D

Hope you're gonna have the chance to see Mika very soon! Meanwhile, have a lot of fun here :wub2:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gabry74 said:

Hello Maria, :bye:

I'm Gabriella and I live in Italy, nice to meet you!! 

Welcome to the MFC and have fun here!! :welcomeani::hi5:

You can find the subtitles in this Topic:

Thank you Gabriella! That topic is amazing!! :o

Can't believe you guys translated the shows... <3 

Although I don't see them with the Italian subtitles.... are those there as well? I'm still hoping to find the subtitles in Italian because that'll help me learn... :)

Edited by mairbear
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone for the welcomes <3

@Gabry74 No need to be sorry. It's lovely there's a translated version! I can't watch the episodes yet cause I'm studying for exams right now but these translated episodes will be a great reward for when I'm done :thumb_yello:

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, mairbear said:

@Gabry74 No need to be sorry. It's lovely there's a translated version! I can't watch the episodes yet cause I'm studying for exams right now but these translated episodes will be a great reward for when I'm done :thumb_yello:

OK, good!! :thumb_yello:

Hi Maria, welcome! Your story made me smile, you seem like a very nice person :D we all hope you like it here and we're really glad that you joined!

• Like 1

Hi Maria :huglove: and welcome to MFC :original:  Thanks for sharing your Mika story :wub2: Try this thread, you should enjoy it :thumb_yello:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/30851-mika-rare-video-treasures-for-newbies-and-others/

Have a wonderful time here , we are all waiting for a new Mika tour and album, but there's enough to read to keep you happy and busy for a while :wink2:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mairbear said:

For the other Italian shows that we subbed, you will find the Italian subs. However we didn't follow the same procedure for Casa Mika because we wanted to make the subbed videos faster, so everyone could enjoy them without waiting too much...Best of luck for your exams :crossed:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

42 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Hi Maria :huglove: and welcome to MFC :original:  Thanks for sharing your Mika story :wub2: Try this thread, you should enjoy it :thumb_yello:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/30851-mika-rare-video-treasures-for-newbies-and-others/

Have a wonderful time here , we are all waiting for a new Mika tour and album, but there's enough to read to keep you happy and busy for a while :wink2:

OMG Sooo many videos I have not seen before, thank you so much! :huglove:

Supposedly he is working on new songs this year? Or so I've heard... *fingers crossed* 

And that's good to know that there are some videos with Italian subs. I will be watching videos 24/7 when my exams are done next week :teehee: 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, mairbear said:

OMG Sooo many videos I have not seen before, thank you so much! :huglove:

Supposedly he is working on new songs this year? Or so I've heard... *fingers crossed* 

And that's good to know that there are some videos with Italian subs. I will be watching videos 24/7 when my exams are done next week :teehee: 

You're very welcome :hug: Yes we are hoping for a new album :wub2: If I could I'd spend my week holiday doing that too :naughty: 

Hello Maria, welcome to the MFC!

I'm sorry Mika is not performing during this period but I hope you'll have the right occasion to see him as soon as possible! 
However..If you need help to learn italian..just ask  :thumb_yello: