Hello from Paris!

Evilbean

So, I figured I ought to say a little "Hi" here before I - maybe - post anywhere else (not sure about that, but I'm already reading you all :thumb_yello:). 

Hi everyone, I'm Nat', I'm from France and currently leaving in Paris (I'm from south of France though). I'm here today cause I have to admit it to myself, this little Mika-obsession isn't going to pass anytime soon apparently...

I knew his music a little, I even listened to his first album with joy back in the day but I was a casual fan (something I rarely am to be honest!), I listened to second one a little too.  I didn't know a lot about him as a person back then. After that, life happened, I was working on my PhD, then I move to Belgium blah blah blah: life was really busy. I remember having got quite the obsession on Stuck in the Middle when I'm thinking about it - it was the first sign of my upcoming doom.:lmfao:

Anyway, a few months ago I was at work and I had like NO motivation at all, it was one of those days... you know the ones. I was going through my music library to find something to give me some life back and I saw the 2 first albums and I thought to myself that Mika was probably a good choice in this kind of situation: I pressed "play" without knowing what I just started...!

Since then I rediscovered those albums - my english is a little better now (not perfect I know... sorry about that) and it is like a new experience. I listened to number 3 and 4 too and love them all for all sort of different reasons, slept too little because I was on youtube all night going through all things Mika, even watched The Voice for him and I'm still trying to teach myself how to recall all the italian I learned at school. In a nutshell, I didn't saw it coming but hey surprise: I have a new musical (and more) crush. Damn it.

:toot:

I hope this wasn't too long, english not being my first language I need a lot of words! 

So, hello there you all, I think I'm one of you now ! :blush-anim-cl:

• Like 10

Hello Nat, I'm Gabriella and I live in Italy, nice to meet you and welcome to the MFC!! :welcomeani:

Have fun here!! :yay:

This is the French page:

I hope to see you soon in the next Mika's concerts or events!! :bye:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Evilbean said:

Hi, Nat! :bye: Welcome to MFC  :welcomeani:    Have fun and enjoy the forum, if you need help we are here :thumb_yello:

Hello from south of France!

I have to admit it to myself, this little Mika-obsession isn't going to pass anytime soon apparently...

Oh I remember this period  when I was like 'no seriously girl get a grip... oh well, f*ck off, let's jump in'. A a result a ton of colours and fun and laughs and friends (and confettis) have invaded my life so I'd say it's worth it  :mf_rosetinted:

• Like 2

On 3 giugno 2017 at 11:30 AM, Evilbean said:

So, I figured I ought to say a little "Hi" here before I - maybe - post anywhere else (not sure about that, but I'm already reading you all :thumb_yello:). 

Hi everyone, I'm Nat', I'm from France and currently leaving in Paris (I'm from south of France though). I'm here today cause I have to admit it to myself, this little Mika-obsession isn't going to pass anytime soon apparently...

I knew his music a little, I even listened to his first album with joy back in the day but I was a casual fan (something I rarely am to be honest!), I listened to second one a little too.  I didn't know a lot about him as a person back then. After that, life happened, I was working on my PhD, then I move to Belgium blah blah blah: life was really busy. I remember having got quite the obsession on Stuck in the Middle when I'm thinking about it - it was the first sign of my upcoming doom.:lmfao:

Anyway, a few months ago I was at work and I had like NO motivation at all, it was one of those days... you know the ones. I was going through my music library to find something to give me some life back and I saw the 2 first albums and I thought to myself that Mika was probably a good choice in this kind of situation: I pressed "play" without knowing what I just started...!

Since then I rediscovered those albums - my english is a little better now (not perfect I know... sorry about that) and it is like a new experience. I listened to number 3 and 4 too and love them all for all sort of different reasons, slept too little because I was on youtube all night going through all things Mika, even watched The Voice for him and I'm still trying to teach myself how to recall all the italian I learned at school. In a nutshell, I didn't saw it coming but hey surprise: I have a new musical (and more) crush. Damn it.

:toot:

I hope this wasn't too long, english not being my first language I need a lot of words! 

Hi Nat, nice to meet you and welcome to the MFC :D 

When you press play you could never imagine the amount of happiness Mika's world can give you, the nicest surprises are also the most unexpected I guess :blush-anim-cl: 

I'm very glad that your rediscovery of Mika's music brought you here, hope you're gonna have fun with all of us! Also, if you need a little hand with the revision of your Italian, my PMs are always open! :)

See you around :bye: 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, sara09 said:

Hi Nat, nice to meet you and welcome to the MFC :D 

When you press play you could never imagine the amount of happiness Mika's world can give you, the nicest surprises are also the most unexpected I guess :blush-anim-cl: 

I'm very glad that your rediscovery of Mika's music brought you here, hope you're gonna have fun with all of us! Also, if you need a little hand with the revision of your Italian, my PMs are always open! :)

See you around :bye: 

You know, I'm suffering from the same weird disease as Mika with his Spanish: I was quite good in Italian at school... but I had to use my english a lot because of work and now I just can't speak in Italian anymore. All the words come to me in english and it's like the most frustrating feeling!! The irony is: I was not so good in english by then... I was the worst really!

I'm already enjoying this forum so much?! Especially the post with all the rare and must see vids as there are some I haven't seen yet! Good job you all, you're GOOD at MIKA-ing. (And now I'm inventing words... time to stop!)

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Evilbean said:

You know, I'm suffering from the same weird disease as Mika with his Spanish: I was quite good in Italian at school.

Don't worry Nat it's not a disease:wink2:..it's called retroactive inhibition, which the new learning interferes with the retention of old memories. 

It won't be harder to relearn as compared to learning a new language I believe...don't get too frustrated :wink2:

Just to cheer u up with a little story:  

I need to use different languages at work, and I changed workplace quite frequent as well. So there was once, I was trying to converse with my patient, we were talking to each other for about 10 minutes, and I was convinced that I understood him to a certain extent...and to my horror, at d end of the conversation, I just realised that he was speaking a totally different language and I have no idea how much I misunderstood :doh::doh:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Thank you very much! I can kind of understand though, sometimes I have to go back a little but if I focus I can follow. Still, this is useful to lnow if I struggle on one part. I watched all the SCM but if I ever feel like watching again I will keep that in mind.

1 hour ago, silver said:

Hi and welcome to the MFC :bye:

Ah the first rush of Mika addiction - and believe me, it is an addiction.

I'm no stranger to this kind of addiction. I love loving thing - it's a disease :fisch:

9 hours ago, Nie said:

Don't worry Nat it's not a disease:wink2:..it's called retroactive inhibition, which the new learning interferes with the retention of old memories. 

It won't be harder to relearn as compared to learning a new language I believe...don't get too frustrated :wink2:

Just to cheer u up with a little story:  

I need to use different languages at work, and I changed workplace quite frequent as well. So there was once, I was trying to converse with my patient, we were talking to each other for about 10 minutes, and I was convinced that I understood him to a certain extent...and to my horror, at d end of the conversation, I just realised that he was speaking a totally different language and I have no idea how much I misunderstood :doh::doh:

Very interesting - I knew of the phenomena but didn't recall the name, thank you. I feel better now, we are not alone ahah

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Evilbean said:

Thank you very much! I can kind of understand though, sometimes I have to go back a little but if I focus I can follow. Still, this is useful to lnow if I struggle on one part. I watched all the SCM but if I ever feel like watching again I will keep that in mind.

I'm no stranger to this kind of addiction. I love loving thing - it's a disease :fisch:

Very interesting - I knew of the phenomena but didn't recall the name, thank you. I feel better now, we are not alone ahah

Here is a very good example to show you that you are not alone :naughty:  :wub:  

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Here is a very good example to show you you are not alone :naughty:

I didn't know this one omg. It's so funny. This is totally the thing happening in my brain when I try to speak Italian... Except for the Lola piano - but maybe I should had the Lola piano in my head when I'm struggling, I mean it would make anything better right? 

On another topic and since I'm not familiar enough with this forum to know where to moan about it (is there a dark corner for the moaners?!:lmfao:): I was walking through Paris all night... and I come home and see those instagram pictures with dog and Eiffel tower... It happens all the time since a few weeks it's making me crazy. Don't mind me, I'm a little frustrated because I have this unrealistic idea that I could meet him anyday here since he's spending some time around - and I leave just behind Montmartre too where he seems to go often, (and I work in Saint-Ouen most days...): my life is a joke (with a twisted sense of humour). Why is this city too big :doh:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Evilbean said:

I didn't know this one omg. It's so funny. This is totally the thing happening in my brain when I try to speak Italian... Except for the Lola piano - but maybe I should had the Lola piano in my head when I'm struggling, I mean it would make anything better right? 

On another topic and since I'm not familiar enough with this forum to know where to moan about it (is there a dark corner for the moaners?!:lmfao:): I was walking through Paris all night... and I come home and see those instagram pictures with dog and Eiffel tower... It happens all the time since a few weeks it's making me crazy. Don't mind me, I'm a little frustrated because I have this unrealistic idea that I could meet him anyday here since he's spending some time around - and I leave just behind Montmartre too where he seems to go often, (and I work in Saint-Ouen most days...): my life is a joke (with a twisted sense of humour). Why is this city too big :doh:

I'm sure you'll end up meeting him one way or another :hug:  It might take a bit of time or it might happen tomorrow but when it will you will walk on air, so it's worth waiting :wub2:  :swoon::wub2: 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Evilbean said:

I like the idea of the not-so-dark corner :fangurl:

So near yet so far....:(

19 hours ago, Evilbean said:

You know, I'm suffering from the same weird disease as Mika with his Spanish: I was quite good in Italian at school... but I had to use my english a lot because of work and now I just can't speak in Italian anymore. All the words come to me in english and it's like the most frustrating feeling!! The irony is: I was not so good in english by then... I was the worst really!

I'm already enjoying this forum so much?! Especially the post with all the rare and must see vids as there are some I haven't seen yet! Good job you all, you're GOOD at MIKA-ing. (And now I'm inventing words... time to stop!)

I understand that using english a lot you forget italian because these are different languages but spanish and italian aren't so much different and Mika always says he did study spanish for 10 years so I dont understand why he can't remember almost anything now. Anyway, I know he understands spanish and we "spanish fans" are "here" to remind it to him, at gigs, tweeting in spanish or translating some of his songs into Spanish for him to sing :fisch: But one thing is clear, He has ability to learn languages, :original:

• Like 2

On 4 giugno 2017 at 2:46 PM, Evilbean said:

Haha, I'm sure that you're gonna get back everything very soon! As @crazyaboutmika pointed out, Mika will help you brush up a bit :wub:

Edited by sara09
  • Like 2