Hi from Belgium!

roseroro

Hello there ~
My name's Roselyne, I'm a 17 years old girl from Belgium and, well, I love Mika x) (Surprising, uh?)

But how did I discover this amazing person and artist? 
Well, the first time I really got into one of his songs was back when I was like 11 or 12. The "tradition" at my little village school was to prepare a big show for the end of every year, anyone could participate. On that year, I decided I'd dance with the other girls. To my pleasure, we were going to do it on Mika's song, "Elle me dit". (By the way I'm from the French-speaking part of Belgium so this explains that~) 
God knows I loved it. I remember jumping like a mad cuckoo clock on a trampoline (That's the only comparison I could think of) on stage in front of my (probably ashamed) mother xD

But then, I forgot about Mika... Of course when someone mentioned him I was like "ah yeah that guy" but I wasn't going to listen to any of his songs again anytime soon...
BUT THEN
The Voice (France) came in. It must've been in 2014 or 2015. And I began to love his personality and well, his cuteness when he makes mistakes in his sentences x)
And then, when The Voice was over, I forgot him again xD (I'm awful, I know).
BUT THEN
2017 arrived. The new season of The Voice was gonna begin and I told myself "Hey, why not watch last year's season? There's Mika and Garou in it"
Thank god I did that.

I realised (again x2) how oblivious I had been to his awesomeness. And then, finally, I listened to his songs. Good lord are they amazing! 
Of course it didn't stop there. Just last night I couldn't sleep because I had so many videos of him to watch x) I mean, really, he's cute! (I love his dogs btw)
I also love hearing him speak in a bunch of different languages ~ I mean, I love languages in general so yeah ^^

And uh, here I am!
I swear I won't forget him again. Twice was enough x)

I hope we'll all have a good time together ~ Don't hesitate to contact me even if it's just to make a bit of conversation, I'll be pleased to meet you =3 I speak French and English so either will be good ~

Have a good day, love yourself~!

• Like 6

Hi Roselyne, welcome!! Another victim from Mika's cuteness I see.

I'm new around here too and I speak french also so don't hesitate to talk. I even lived in Mons for 2 years and I like you all french-speaking Belgian people :thumb_yello:

See you around, 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Evilbean said:

Hi Roselyne, welcome!! Another victim from Mika's cuteness I see.

I'm new around here too and I speak french also so don't hesitate to talk. I even lived in Mons for 2 years and I like you all french-speaking Belgian people :thumb_yello:

Personne ne résiste à Mika ;p Nice ~ I'm probably gonna like you too, then ^^

2 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

Hello Roselyne and welcome to the MFC. Have a lot of fun. You'll find everything about Mika here and will make good friends. :wink2:

Thank you~!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Hi Roselyne :bye: and welcome to MFC :huglove: Enjoy yourself  here :biggrin2: and be sure we'll remind you of Mika regularly so you won't be able to forget him again :naughty: 

Hahaha.i like this :soccer_h4h:

Hi @roseroro, welcome and have fun here! 

Here we help to reinforce memory and also to cure "retroactive inhibition " @Evilbean :lmfao:

Edited by Nie
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, roseroro said:

Hello there ~
My name's Roselyne, I'm a 17 years old girl from Belgium and, well, I love Mika x) (Surprising, uh?)

Well, the first time I really got into one of his songs was back when I was like 11 or 12. The "tradition" at my little village school was to prepare a big show for the end of every year, anyone could participate. On that year, I decided I'd dance with the other girls. To my pleasure, we were going to do it on Mika's song, "Elle me dit". (By the way I'm from the French-speaking part of Belgium so this explains that~) 
God knows I loved it. I remember jumping like a mad cuckoo clock on a trampoline (That's the only comparison I could think of) on stage in front of my (probably ashamed) mother xD

But then, I forgot about Mika... Of course when someone mentioned him I was like "ah yeah that guy" but I wasn't going to listen to any of his songs again anytime soon...
BUT THEN
The Voice (France) came in. It must've been in 2014 or 2015. And I began to love his personality and well, his cuteness when he makes mistakes in his sentences x)
BUT THEN
2017 arrived. The new season of The Voice was gonna begin and I told myself "Hey, why not watch last year's season? There's Mika and Garou in it"
Thank god I did that.

I realised (again x2) how oblivious I had been to his awesomeness. And then, finally, I listened to his songs. Good lord are they amazing! 
Of course it didn't stop there. Just last night I couldn't sleep because I had so many videos of him to watch x) I mean, really, he's cute! (I love his dogs btw)
I also love hearing him speak in a bunch of different languages ~ I mean, I love languages in general so yeah ^^

And uh, here I am!

I hope we'll all have a good time together ~ Don't hesitate to contact me even if it's just to make a bit of conversation, I'll be pleased to meet you =3 I speak French and English so either will be good ~

Hello Roselyne, nice to meet you and welcome to the MFC :D thanks for sharing your Mika story, I enjoyed your introduction very much - and it's fun, I had a very very similar experience with EMD and school :teehee: 

I wish you lots of fun catching up with all Mika videos, and of course here with us! See you around :bye: 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sara09 said:

Hello Roselyne, nice to meet you and welcome to the MFC :D thanks for sharing your Mika story, I enjoyed your introduction very much - and it's fun, I had a very very similar experience with EMD and school :teehee: 

I wish you lots of fun catching up with all Mika videos, and of course here with us! See you around :bye: 

Thanks for the welcome~!
I'm having fun indeed x) 
See you =3

• Like 1

Hi everyone! I have loved Mika since he was first on BBC Radio 2, the Jo Whiley show I think. I have followed his career ever since. After my partner died I moved from UK to France to be near my daughter and her family (her husband is French); So I have the pleasure of watching him on The Voice each Saturday night. Don't know what I will do with myself on Saturday nights after the final on Saturday. No need for me to describe all his attributes, we all know how talented he is. I really admire his ability to speak different languages. I am listening to his songs in French to improve my fluency - of course it is no hardship watching him on youtube. I love it when he talks to the audience and hope I will be able to seehim in concert one day.  I live near Nantes so perhaps he will come  here one day - I missed seeing him in La Rochelle last year as I was back in UK visiting famiy there. Looking forward to chatting to other Mika fans - my French is fairly fluent, in my small town there are very few English speakers so most of the time I speak/think in French - but not  making much progress on the accent. I love it when Mika translates an English expression literally and the other coaches don't get the meaning - wear your heart on your sleeve, get  your hands dirty etc. Of courseit happens the other way round too - one week the other coaches said 'faut mettre les tripes sur la table'. I didn't know that expression and I don't think Mika did either, he looked puzzled/disgusted and said 'put your guts on the table - what?! Seem to have rambled off the point so will say goodbye for now!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fan1955 said:

Hi everyone! I have loved Mika since he was first on BBC Radio 2, the Jo Whiley show I think. I have followed his career ever since. After my partner died I moved from UK to France to be near my daughter and her family (her husband is French); So I have the pleasure of watching him on The Voice each Saturday night. Don't know what I will do with myself on Saturday nights after the final on Saturday. No need for me to describe all his attributes, we all know how talented he is. I really admire his ability to speak different languages. I am listening to his songs in French to improve my fluency - of course it is no hardship watching him on youtube. I love it when he talks to the audience and hope I will be able to seehim in concert one day.  I live near Nantes so perhaps he will come  here one day - I missed seeing him in La Rochelle last year as I was back in UK visiting famiy there. Looking forward to chatting to other Mika fans - my French is fairly fluent, in my small town there are very few English speakers so most of the time I speak/think in French - but not  making much progress on the accent. I love it when Mika translates an English expression literally and the other coaches don't get the meaning - wear your heart on your sleeve, get  your hands dirty etc. Of courseit happens the other way round too - one week the other coaches said 'faut mettre les tripes sur la table'. I didn't know that expression and I don't think Mika did either, he looked puzzled/disgusted and said 'put your guts on the table - what?! Seem to have rambled off the point so will say goodbye for now!

Hello and welcome to the MFC. I hope you get the chance to see him very soon. :wink2: Mika Is addictive, when you see a live concert of him you  want more and more.

You can speak in french here:

:welcomeani:

Edited by Mikasister
  • Like 1

On 2017-6-6 at 1:50 PM, roseroro said:

Hello there ~

BUT THEN
BUT THEN
Thank god I did that.

And uh, here I am!

Hello! Welcome to MFC. My name is Veronica and I'm from Argentina, I hope you have a lot of fun.:flowers2:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fan1955 said:

Hello and welcome !!!:welcomeani:

• Like 1