Hello from Florida!

molly10-26

Hi everyone! I'm Molly, I'm 17 years old, and I live in Florida. I love to sing and I play a bunch of instruments, and I plan on studying music in college. Mika is so inspiring to me as a musician, and the first song I ever wrote was actually inspired by him.

I honestly don't really know how I discovered Mika, I just knew the song Lollipop many years ago but never really knew who Mika was. A few years ago I listened to some other songs by him and thought they were pretty good and that he was pretty cool, but I still wasn't super into him. About 2 months ago though, I don't even know exactly how this happened, but I just started listening to Life in Cartoon Motion and I thought it was incredible. Since then it's just been a blur of listening to all his other music and watching every video and interview of him I could find (even ones that aren't in English, which I barely understand but still enjoy lol).

Another interest of mine other than music is languages. I'd like to learn either French or Italian (or both) to help me understand Mika more. I've been learning German for about 6 months now, which is useless in helping me understand Mika, but if anyone who speaks German would like to help me practice that would be great. 

If any other musicians want to talk about nerdy music stuff especially in Mika's music, I'd love to talk!

I look forward to talking to you guys and meeting other Mika fans!

• Like 5

Welcome, Molly! Another fan from the US. :)

I'm sure you'll find a number of German-speaking (as well as French and Italian-speaking) MFCers here who would be happy to help you practice your language skills!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, molly10-26 said:

Hi everyone! I'm Molly, I'm 17 years old, and I live in Florida. I love to sing and I play a bunch of instruments, and I plan on studying music in college. Mika is so inspiring to me as a musician, and the first song I ever wrote was actually inspired by him.

I honestly don't really know how I discovered Mika, I just knew the song Lollipop many years ago but never really knew who Mika was. A few years ago I listened to some other songs by him and thought they were pretty good and that he was pretty cool, but I still wasn't super into him. About 2 months ago though, I don't even know exactly how this happened, but I just started listening to Life in Cartoon Motion and I thought it was incredible. Since then it's just been a blur of listening to all his other music and watching every video and interview of him I could find (even ones that aren't in English, which I barely understand but still enjoy lol).

Another interest of mine other than music is languages. I'd like to learn either French or Italian (or both) to help me understand Mika more. I've been learning German for about 6 months now, which is useless in helping me understand Mika, but if anyone who speaks German would like to help me practice that would be great. 

If any other musicians want to talk about nerdy music stuff especially in Mika's music, I'd love to talk!

Hi Molly, welcome to the MFC :bye: 

I'd be glad to help you with Italian if you want to start learning or practicing it! So, whenever you like, feel free to ask me :D

Enjoy your stay, I'm sure you're gonna have lots of fun here! See you around :)

Edited by sara09
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, molly10-26 said:

Hi, Molly. Welcome to the MFC. Have a lot of fun here. See you around!

:welcomeani:

• Like 1

Hi Molly!! :bye:

I'm Gabriella and I live in Italy, nice to meet you and welcome to the MFC!! :welcomeani:

Have fun here!! :cheer:

If you need assistance with Italian write me. I hope to meet you to the next Mika's concerts or events. :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

Hi Molly, Welcome to MFC! 

I'm Dee from Nebraska. I'm a MFC world rep for the USA, we've got a thread for people from the USA to chat and get to know each other 

http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/31005-us-american-thread-part-vi/ If you have any questions please feel free to ask :)

If you need more Mika videos to devour (and who doesn't?!) this is a good thread to explore: http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/30851-mika-rare-video-treasures-for-newbies-and-others/

• Like 2