Mika in German press 2017

Sabine64

one of our members, Mariposa, wrote this article for FastForward which got released today. She discribes the feelings she had when she discovered Mika and what she experienced during the last 10 years. I really love this article

https://fastforward-magazine.de/happy-birthday-mfc-10-jahre-mit-mika-und-seinen-fans/

Edited by Sabine64
  • Like 9

4 hours ago, Sabine64 said:

one of our members, Mariposa, wrote this article for FastForward which got released today. She discribes the feelings she had when she discovered Mika and what she experienced during the last 10 years. I really love this article

https://fastforward-magazine.de/happy-birthday-mfc-10-jahre-mit-mika-und-seinen-fans/

SUPER, but I NEED a translation . . .

Edited by A. Clay
  • Like 1

I´ll try my best

Happy Birthday MFC! 10 Years with Mika and his fans

Easter Sunday 2007 - I am in the parc with my friends for picknick, decent music comes out of the boxes. Relax, take it easy..... But I´m not really able to relax. I turn the music louder and listen banned to the music. Who is this singer? What a voice is this which touches me emotionally so much? Mika? Never heard before!

Relax, take it easy
For there is nothing that we can do
Relax, take it easy
Blame it on me or blame it on you

What a song! While listening I had to think at icons like Freddie Mercury or Elton John and I felt like being in seventh pop heaven. At that time I didn´t know what that moment would do with my life. The same night I sat in front of the laptop. while searching for like-minded people Icame to Mika Fan Club called MFC the international fancommunity of the British- Lebanese singer Mika who was conquering the pop Olymp with his debut album Life In Cartoon Motion. From now on MFC should be my second home, especially in the beginning. Soon I got connected and  also started to write with some members quickly. It was a wonderful feeling to see there are people in every corner of the whole world who share my fervor. We all were connected by the music and Mika´s colourful Univers. He was charming, a liitle be crazy and especially an extremely good singer with intelligent mellody driven popsongs.

2017, ten years later I look back to the last decade with a smile on my lips. Because yes it´s true I have to thank Mika for many things. My life would be as half as colourful and exciting if he wouldn´t have burnt into my auditory canal by accident back then. Mika was the first artist I travelled internationally and that´s why I got to know new countries and cultures. Thanks to Mika I became more open and cheerful. And last but not least thanks to him I got to know many great people, not only concert acquaintances but friend for life.

Sorry for any mistakes

My highlights from the last 10 years

every minute which I stayed with dear fans  before, while and after Mika concerts! Wether in the queue in front of the venue, at the airport, on a train or at a pub - with other MFC´iers it´s never boring. The common time connects. A Mika concert is like a little family meeting. With joy I think back to the motto gigs of the first years in which all present MFC members have dressed up to a specific topic. What a fun! Especially the view of the passersby was a picture for gods! "Yes, we're carrying Boa here, have a nice day!" Wherever I travel to the chance is high that there live MFC friends.

This I have appreciated once and for all, and spent a wonderful time with MIKA fans in Malaysia, Hong Kong and Iceland.

I stood on stage together with Mika

As surreal as this sentence may appear in hindsight, it has happened so. MIKA and his team was very busy during the first years to involve their fans as much as possible in the concert happenings. The fans at the Imaginarium Tour 2010 had the opportunity to dance together with the singer as one of his comic characters on stage, including exciting backstage experiences. Two years later it was even a step further and the fans were able to apply for Youtube Audition as members of the "Polkadot Fanchoir". I was fortunate to have this experience with my Munich homegig, the absolute madness! The "program" reads like a dream: afternoon singing with the band, backstage eating with the family, singing with the master himself (goose bumps ten!), Rehearsals of the choreography and the sequences. Then during the gigs just be flashed by the whole situation. A meeting with MIKA. A day can not be more perfect. For such experiences, I am incredibly grateful, you forget your life no longer!
Another moment, which I regularly remembered, has happened in the summer of 2012 in Milan. Shortly before the release of the third MIKA album "The Origin of Love", a group of fans had the opportunity to listen to the entire album together with him in the context of a prelistening. We all know how emotional it is already to hear a new album of his favorite artist for the first time. In this situation, it was all a bit more intense. All the feels!
The possibilities of experiencing MIKA live at his weddings were abundant at the beginning with us in Germany. Four albums later, the entertainer spent most of his time in France or Italy, where he still enjoys great popularity as a juror of Castingshows The Voice and X Factor.

My favorite mika-gigs

The small, cozy radio concerts from the year 2009, which gave us a first-hand experience of MIKA in Germany. Because even if I love stadium concerts, it is nevertheless such small, intimate framework, which go right to the heart. The singled out very special symphony concerts, which made us feel MIKA's music as intensively as never before. After the first performance of the songs in a symphonic guise with voiced choir in Montréal 2015, MIKA also brought the concerts to Italy (Como and Florence) in 2016. How strongly MIKA's songs are, one is particularly aware of this kind of interpretation. The Opera Firenze was the perfect place to celebrate the turn of the year 2016/2017 with numerous other fans together and above all stylishly. Evening dress instead of jeans, heels instead of sneakers. But with a wonderful fireworks and champagne.
We all get older, even the man himself. In 2013 the singer celebrated his 30th birthday, occasion enough to celebrate with him. Colmar was chosen as a place in France and Avenches in Switzerland, where MIKA played festivals. Both of them, after the concert, were special and showed us again how beautiful it can be to be a fan.
Happy Birthday, MFC!

It is 10 years since MIKA and its universe have become part of my life. In celebration of the ten-year MFC anniversary, 2017 parties and fan meetups take place all over the world. At the end of June the German Mikafans were the turn. In addition to a nostalgic retrospect, the consumption of a motley motorbike and a beer garden visit were on the agenda, yummy! In addition, we all visited the Peter Lindbergh exhibition in the Munich art gallery. A photographer, who had also MIKA already one time or another before the lens. Particularly impressive in this context is the video for the song "Last Party", more proximity does not go!

We say: Happy Birthday, MFC! And look forward to the next 10 years. And who knows, maybe Mr. Penniman visits us at home again. We would all like it. And if not? Then we continue to pack our bags and travel around the world.

In 2012, we conducted an interview with Mika, which can be read here and here.

Report: Marion Weber
Photos (if not indicated otherwise): Mirjam Baur

Edited by Sabine64
  • Like 7