Mika at Giffoni Film Festival on 15 July, 2017

Kumazzz

The Lollipop question and attempt at an answer made me laugh so hard. The girl's sheer innocence is so cute and poor mika was literally turning slightly pink :lmfao: Not sure how I feel about this outfit. Do love the running shoes though. It's so weird to see him in sneakers! Can't wait for the full english subs on the Q&A <3

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ladyolivier said:

Not sure how I feel about this outfit. Do love the running shoes though. It's so weird to see him in sneakers!

The whole outfit is Valentino, including the running shoes: 

Valentino-Spring-Summer-2018-Mens-Collection-011 (1).jpg

c201a868-a3ce-49f1-a459-aa6c55b6d14e_desktop.jpg

• Like 4

On 18/07/2017 at 7:37 AM, ladyolivier said:

The Lollipop question and attempt at an answer made me laugh so hard. The girl's sheer innocence is so cute and poor mika was literally turning slightly pink :lmfao: Not sure how I feel about this outfit. Do love the running shoes though. It's so weird to see him in sneakers! Can't wait for the full english subs on the Q&A <3

Lollipop question? Ok I can't WAIT to see that. Lmao. That song always makes me laugh because it's like the most badly disguised innuendo ever but when I was 7 it was one of the few songs I would listen to. I must have sounded quite strange when I sung that in the streets lmao. Can't wait for English subs either! I don't really understand Italian at all so I rely on all the MFC for translations all the time- the subtitling team are my saviours. 

I do have a question: 

what is Giffoni? I'm assuming it's an Italian festival of some kind but why does mika go? 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, WeirdChild said:

I do have a question: 

what is Giffoni? I'm assuming it's an Italian festival of some kind but why does mika go? 

Please read, hope it help for better understanding.

You saw many children have been at Giffoni Film Festival.:wink2:

Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giffoni_Film_Festival

The Giffoni International Film Festival is one of the most well-known children’s film festivals in the world. It takes place in a small Italian town of Giffoni Valle Piana in Campania, Southern Italy, close to Salerno and Naples. Started in 1971 every year over 2,000 children attend the festival from several countries around the world.

During the festival, children and teenagers watch the movies, learn about the filmmaking process, and are called to judge them and award the best ones with prizes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Movie Mag al Giffoni, Mika: “Attraverso il cinema ho trovato me stesso”

Movie Mag at Giffoni, Mika: "Through the cinema I found myself"

http://tvzap.kataweb.it/news/206385/movie-mag-al-giffoni-mika-attraverso-il-cinema-ho-trovato-me-stesso/

“Il cinema per me è stato come una sfera di cristallo, mi ha mostrato l’altra vita che c’è, al di là della quotidianità e della televisione. Attraverso il cinema e la musica ho trovato me stesso”.

Mika, amatissimo artista internazionale è tra i protagonisti della 47° edizione del Giffoni Film Festival. L’appuntamento con lo speciale di Movie Mag – l’approfondimento cinematografico targato Rai Movie, stavolta dedicato al più importante festival per ragazzi d’Europa – è in onda mercoledì 19 luglio alle 22.55.

“Di tutti i festival, il Giffoni è quello più necessario”.

Fu François Truffaut a pronunciare queste parole, per sottolineare l’importanza di un festival interamente dedicato ai giovani e che dal 1971 a oggi è diventato un vero e proprio punto di riferimento, per il cinema per ragazzi e non solo. Movie Mag va alla scoperta di temi e ospiti di questa edizione, dal titolo: “Into the magic”.

Google translator:uk:

"Movies for me was like a crystal ball, it showed me the other life there, beyond daily life and television. Through cinema and music I found myself."

Mika, a beloved international artist, is among the protagonists of the 47th edition of the Giffoni Film Festival.

The appointment with the Movie Mag special - the cinematic in-depth movie Rai Movie, this time dedicated to the most important European children's festival - is aired Wednesday, July 19 at 22.55.

"Of all the festivals, the Giffoni is the most necessary."

It was François Truffaut to pronounce these words to emphasize the importance of a festival devoted entirely to young people, and since 1971 it has become a real point of reference for children's films and more. Movie Mag goes on to discover the themes and guests of this edition, titled "Into the magic".

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 1

MIKA Giffoni 2017 - INTERVIEW @ MEDIASET (Eng sub)

MIKA Giffoni 2017 - "WOULD YOU LIKE TO MAKE A MOVIE?" (Eng sub)

Edited by Xenia
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, WeirdChild said:

Lollipop question? Ok I can't WAIT to see that. Lmao. That song always makes me laugh because it's like the most badly disguised innuendo ever but when I was 7 it was one of the few songs I would listen to. I must have sounded quite strange when I sung that in the streets lmao. Can't wait for English subs either! I don't really understand Italian at all so I rely on all the MFC for translations all the time- the subtitling team are my saviours. 

I do have a question: 

It is hilarious :lmfao: and that bit (and a couple others!) is in English! And I totally agree - the sub team are the very definition of everyday heroes.

Edited by ladyolivier
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kumazzz said:

:thumb_yello: THANKS Eriko - you're an angel :flowers2: So cinema has been THAT important to MIKA :shocked: "Through music and cinema, I found myself" :blink: He ownes the music arenas already - so now I just hope that we'll soon see MIKA in the right filmrole, on the big cinema screens :teehee: I know he would be amazing!! :wub2:

Love, love

me

Thank you everyone who's been helping me! You're all so kind! 

I have watched the bits that Dreamlandgirl has been posting on YouTube (there are a few translations there if anyone is interested in watching them) and this seems hilarious so far. 

Obviously the lollipop moment was hilarious, but when he started talking about a being a teenager I fell over from laughing. I'm pretty sure some of the stuff he has spoken about can technically not be discussed on these forums because they are kinda inappropriate, it's fantastic. 

See you guys later!

• Like 3

On 20/07/2017 at 4:59 AM, ladyolivier said:

It is hilarious :lmfao: and that bit (and a couple others!) is in English! And I totally agree - the sub team are the very definition of everyday heroes.

Yes, subtitle team you are heroes! Agree it is so sweet how embarrassed Mika gets answering the question. I have seen a video of Mika performing Lollipop where he changes the lyric to "You've been sucking on too many lollipops and love's going to get you down" Love that he got his cousins to sing in the video instead!

• Like 1

On 22/7/2017 at 11:00 AM, WeirdChild said:

Obviously the lollipop moment was hilarious, but when he started talking about a being a teenager I fell over from laughing

INNOCENT «LOLLIPOP» SONG (Eng sub)

«WHEN I WAS TEENAGER» (Eng sub)

TuStyle N.31

• 25 July 2017

PDF file ( page 15 ) Tu Style N31 25 Luglio 2017-15.pdf

PressReader https://pressreader.com/@Eriko_/csb_oEY3IMttmWPZZ9HLJJH65cdLyqM5qUFkHdtbK9I2anI

CLOSE UP

Mika

IN ATTESA DI TORNARE IN TIVÙ COL SUO SHOW, IL CANTANTE PARLA DI INFANZIA E DI FAMIGLIA. E DELL’IMPORTANZA, SECONDO NONNA, DI «ESSERE UN PO’ STRANI»

Senza freni: Mika (33 anni), mentre prepara il nuovo album e la seconda stagione di Stasera casa Mika (su Raidue in autunno), è andato al Giffoni Film Festival per raccontare ai ragazzi l’avventura di crescere.

Chi era Mika da piccolo?

Un bambino cicciottello bullizzato dagli altri che si rifugiava da solo in una stanzetta a suonare il piano.

Come in Popular Song (la canzone incisa con Ariana Grande, ndr), fantasticava di vendicarsi?

Il primo istinto sarebbe stato quello, invece mi rifugiavo nei film.

E a scuola com’è andata?

Mi hanno quasi cacciato dalla Westminster School di Londra, una delle location usate in Harry Potter, perché mi facevo pagare dai turisti cinque sterline a foto per posare con me vestito con la divisa dell’istituto...

Un’esperienza che l’ha segnata?

Durante la Guerra del Golfo, mio padre è stato preso in ostaggio per otto mesi.

Tornato a casa ha perso tutto, casa e lavoro: per un anno abbiamo vissuto in un b&b. Ecco come mi è venuta la dislessia, ma la musica mi ha salvato ancora.

Un’esperienza recente?

Sono stato tre giorni sul set di Zoolander 2, mi hanno rasato i peli delle braccia per disegnarmi finti tatuaggi, mi sono grattato dal fastidio per un mese, e poi hanno tolto la scena, per cui peraltro avevo realizzato due canzoni originali...

Il consiglio più saggio?

Nonna mi ripeteva l’importanza di rimanere un po’ strano.
Aveva ragione.

35313441154_7d9ad2491b_k.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 2

MIKA's MEETING @ GIFFONI is my Favourite one.

I heared many times people asking to an Artist :

- What is the story of this (or that) your Song?

- When did you start to sing?

- What are your Plans for the future?

But I don't remember people asking to an Artist:

- I have this Trouble in my own Life.

What is Your Advise for me ?

Mika became a Spiritual Guide, like Dalai Lama.. or a Guru..

Is he aware about it?

Perhaps not.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Xenia said:

Is he aware about it?

Perhaps not.

:blush-anim-cl: I think it's a huge compliment to get such a question. And it probably means that people have confidence in MIKA :wub2: Added to the fact that because he's so nice, kind and down to earth, people dare to ask this kind of personal questions, imo...:wink2: 

Love, love

me

Edited by mamiam
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Xenia said:

Is he aware about it?

Perhaps not.

This seems to happen every time he does a Q&A, people bring him their problems. It's so sweet indeed :wub:  he always dispenses such good advice and seems to care so much about helping everyone, like on X Factor when he kept trying to diagnose everyone onstage and fix their problems :lmfao: he's so empathetic, it's my favorite thing about him.

• Like 4

This is the video of the first masterclass session at Giffoni: 

Around 21:00 he tells the story of this declaration:

"Talvolta mi dicono che quando nessuno mi chiederà un autografo io non sarò più nessuno... Forse non sarò più nessuno per il pubblico, ma quel giorno inizierà una vita più bella per quelli che mi sono stati accanto in questi anni, che ho fatto soffrire per il mio egoistico desiderio di fare sempre qualcosa. E quel giorno arriverà".

Edited by krysady
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...