Newbie from MALAYSIA! (How I found Mika, again)

heyitsme

Greetings from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia! Woah I had just discovered this fan club and I have to say that it's awesome!! Great job guys! :thumb_yello:

Ok, I guess I should say a little something about myself, no?

So, hey, it's me! Hahha. I actually haven't heard about Mika for quite a long time. Last time I heard about him, I was 11 or 12, I don't remember much -I'm 20 now, by the way- but I absolutely remember his music hits that made my childhood memorable. Because let's face it, who doesn't love his kind of music and have a life in full of colours?!!

Anyway, I've been learning french since I was 17 and been listening to french songs a lot. And this is where the story begin.

If any one of you ever heard about Cœur de Pirate, yep, she's one of the most influential artist for me to learn French (but mostly I listen to the '50s, '60s, '70s french songs). And that was when I stumbled across a video of Mika again -after all these years!- on YouTube. A duet with Cœur de Pirate at the L'été Indienne show, if I'm not mistaken. And that was the badaboum moment for me!

Alors, French is not my third language, mais je parle un peu français. So when I discover that Mika can speak French and some other languages, I feel really really inspired by him. I've been learning so many languages since I was 14 but I master in none, like seriously, arabic, español, nihon go, italiano, deutsch, and even sign language. But because of lack of practice, I kind of forget most of them. Too bad, I know, but I still remember some basics but not as good. Luckily enough I live in a multi-racial country, so I know some chinese mandarin. And oh, I'm malay, by the way. :)

Enough about myself, let's talk about Mika, shall we? Hm, where do I start? Well, I think Mika is quite underrated here in Malaysia. That's one of the reasons why I join this fan club. I was hoping that we'll have a #mikafanclubMY soon. It's a little disappointing when I checked the country rep list, because there's no malaysian rep, sobs.

So I made up my mind that maybe I should start doing something, spread the word, spread Mika's music, let the world recognize him! I've been giving my friends and some strangers at the cafe samples of Mika's songs, and see! I knew it people would love his music! They just never heard about him!

So I hope very very soon, that Mika will be a topic of music again in my country. I heard that he's making a new album at the moment? I really do hope he will make a concert here, I would love to see him in person. Quite the unique one, isn't he?

I thought I could make this short, but, uh, sorry. It's getting longer and longer every second. :teehee: Maybe I should stop here now.

Ciao! :bye:

• Like 9

Hi, Heyitsme! :bye: Welcome to MFC! :welcomeani: Yes, Mika is working at a new album which is supposed to be released next year :thumb_yello:  I hope you'll enjoy this forum, have fun! 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, krysady said:

Hi, Heyitsme! :bye: Welcome to MFC! :welcomeani: Yes, Mika is working at a new album which is supposed to be released next year :thumb_yello:  I hope you'll enjoy this forum, have fun! 

Thank you @krysady! Arghhh can't wait for this new album!!

• Like 1

Welcome to the MFC and have a lot of fun here. I´m Sabine from Germany and I also try to let people know about Mika. Most of them tell me that he ist very good and then forget about him 5 minutes later again. It´s not easy .....But never give up hope.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sabine64 said:

Welcome to the MFC and have a lot of fun here. I´m Sabine from Germany and I also try to let people know about Mika. Most of them tell me that he ist very good and then forget about him 5 minutes later again. It´s not easy .....But never give up hope.

Tchuss, Sabine! Maybe they should see Mika for who he is in the first place, don't you think? It's his personality that made him very unique.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, heyitsme said:

Greetings from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia! Woah I had just discovered this fan club and I have to say that it's awesome!! Great job guys! :thumb_yello:

Ok, I guess I should say a little something about myself, no?

So, hey, it's me! Hahha. I actually haven't heard about Mika for quite a long time. Last time I heard about him, I was 11 or 12, I don't remember much -I'm 20 now, by the way- but I absolutely remember his music hits that made my childhood memorable. Because let's face it, who doesn't love his kind of music and have a life in full of colours?!!

Anyway, I've been learning french since I was 17 and been listening to french songs a lot. And this is where the story begin.

If any one of you ever heard about Cœur de Pirate, yep, she's one of the most influential artist for me to learn French (but mostly I listen to the '50s, '60s, '70s french songs). And that was when I stumbled across a video of Mika again -after all these years!- on YouTube. A duet with Cœur de Pirate at the L'été Indienne show, if I'm not mistaken. And that was the badaboum moment for me!

Alors, French is not my third language, mais je parle un peu français. So when I discover that Mika can speak French and some other languages, I feel really really inspired by him. I've been learning so many languages since I was 14 but I master in none, like seriously, arabic, español, nihon go, italiano, deutsch, and even sign language. But because of lack of practice, I kind of forget most of them. Too bad, I know, but I still remember some basics but not as good. Luckily enough I live in a multi-racial country, so I know some chinese mandarin. And oh, I'm malay, by the way. :)

Enough about myself, let's talk about Mika, shall we? Hm, where do I start? Well, I think Mika is quite underrated here in Malaysia. That's one of the reasons why I join this fan club. I was hoping that we'll have a #mikafanclubMY soon. It's a little disappointing when I checked the country rep list, because there's no malaysian rep, sobs.

So I made up my mind that maybe I should start doing something, spread the word, spread Mika's music, let the world recognize him! I've been giving my friends and some strangers at the cafe samples of Mika's songs, and see! I knew it people would love his music! They just never heard about him!

So I hope very very soon, that Mika will be a topic of music again in my country. I heard that he's making a new album at the moment? I really do hope he will make a concert here, I would love to see him in person. Quite the unique one, isn't he?

I thought I could make this short, but, uh, sorry. It's getting longer and longer every second. :teehee: Maybe I should stop here now.

Ciao! :bye:

Hi there!! Welcome to MFC! Yay!! I'm so glad to meet a Malaysian here :wink2:

Were you from an international school? U learned so many languages, and sign language as well :wub2:

yea i agree that Mika is quite underrated in our country. I'm a chinese btw, most of my friends listen to taiwan/hongkong pop songs, and kpop. Sometimes i do look like a weirdo when I kept "promoting" MIka's songs. ( i appeared elated when i talk about his music :blush-anim-cl:). 

Hope you enjoy here! Ciao!

cya soon. 

13 hours ago, heyitsme said:

A duet with Cœur de Pirate at the L'été Indienne show, if I'm not mistaken. And that was the badaboum moment for me!

Welcome to the MFC :welcomeani:

Have fun, hope you make MIKA-friends at here.

I'm from Japan, am waiting for next Asia tour.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Nie said:

Hi there!! Welcome to MFC! Yay!! I'm so glad to meet a Malaysian here :wink2:

Were you from an international school? U learned so many languages, and sign language as well :wub2:

yea i agree that Mika is quite underrated in our country. I'm a chinese btw, most of my friends listen to taiwan/hongkong pop songs, and kpop. Sometimes i do look like a weirdo when I kept "promoting" MIka's songs. ( i appeared elated when i talk about his music :blush-anim-cl:). 

Hope you enjoy here! Ciao!

cya soon. 

Omg yeah I'm so glad I found a malaysian fan of Mika here!! Ni hao! To answer your question, no, I wasn't from international school. Just a normal sekolah harian. I just happen to love learning languages haha. :nerd:

I agree with you, even most of my friends just listen to kpop and the songs on the radio. But I'm trying to spread Mika's song at the same time hahha. Or as you put it, "promoting" Mika's songs lol.

Hey, I'd never met you but I can literally imagine how excited you could be when Mika is the main topic of conversation. Hahahaha. And let's go to Mika's concert if he's coming to Asia! I don't care, even if he's not coming to Malaysia, let's go to Japan/Korea/China/Indonesia/any other country near us! Never thought I'd see the day where I would be this excited about his show, but oh well, there's a possibility that I would be a #mikafreak too :blush-anim-cl:

P.s. (Still secretly hoping that Mika would make a tour in KL, tho).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Welcome to the MFC :welcomeani:

Have fun, hope you make MIKA-friends at here.

I'm from Japan, am waiting for next Asia tour.

Konnichiwa @Kumazzz! Oh yes, this is the show that I was talking about, arigatouuu! And thanks for the warm welcome :hug:

• Like 1

Hi and welcome to the MFC.  Interesting your Mika story. I'm glad to see fans from far. I'm Alba from Barcelona (Spain). As you said he's preparing a new album, many of us are waiting fo it, music and also concerts and I hope you can see him in your country soon. Have a lot of fun here and make good friends. See you around!!

:welcomeani:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikasister said:

Hi and welcome to the MFC.  Interesting your Mika story. I'm glad to see fans from far. I'm Alba from Barcelona (Spain). As you said he's preparing a new album, many of us are waiting fo it, music and also concerts and I hope you can see him in your country soon. Have a lot of fun here and make good friends. See you around!!

:welcomeani:

Muchas gracias @Mikasister:cheerful_h4h:

• Like 1

Hey there! Welcome to MFC! 

I'm actually pretty excited that you're so geographically close to me HAHAHA

I'm from Singapore and I tried studying a number of languages too (French and Spanish) but I'm most fluent in English and Chinese!

Hope to see you here often and have a great time with us! :thumb_yello:

Victoria

• Like 2

@heyitsme  that's impressive! I always thought that exposure is the key to learn a language. 

Hahaha..10 years ago, I found a junior who likes Mika songs. I was thrilled and I told her that I shall invite her to watch his concert one day. :wink2:

Yay! Let's go!! In fact I was looking for chances to go to his concert this year regardless of the venue.:teehee: a bit impulsive actually, the fact that I'm actually bound by work and study..anyway since Mika has no tour this year, I still have some time to plan for that semi- impulsive act. :das:

Tour in Kl...:dunno: I'm not sure about this...hahaha...I only met one friend who likes his songs...(throughout 10 years omg I'm actually in partial denial) . Some other friends kinda like his songs, but only selected songs..N I was trying so hard to keep showing videos and songs to my brother, n some close firends. End up I was the only one enjoying. My dad likes L'amour fait CE qu'il veut though..hahaha.

Can't wait for his new album too. :yes:

Edited by Nie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, charis_erin said:

Hey there! Welcome to MFC! 

I'm actually pretty excited that you're so geographically close to me HAHAHA

I'm from Singapore and I tried studying a number of languages too (French and Spanish) but I'm most fluent in English and Chinese!

Hope to see you here often and have a great time with us! :thumb_yello:

Victoria

Omggg hi neighbour!! Now I have hope that we can actually spread the MIKA virus around here :teehee:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Nie said:

@heyitsme  that's impressive! I always thought that exposure is the key to learn a language. 

Hahaha..10 years ago, I found a junior who likes Mika songs. I was thrilled and I told her that I shall invite her to watch his concert one day. :wink2:

Yay! Let's go!! In fact I was looking for chances to go to his concert this year regardless of the venue.:teehee: a bit impulsive actually, the fact that I'm actually bound by work and study..anyway since Mika has no tour this year, I still have some time to plan for that semi- impulsive act. :das:

Tour in Kl...:dunno: I'm not sure about this...hahaha...I only met one friend who likes his songs...(throughout 10 years omg I'm actually in partial denial) . Some other friends kinda like his songs, but only selected songs..N I was trying so hard to keep showing videos and songs to my brother, n some close firends. End up I was the only one enjoying. My dad likes L'amour fait CE qu'il veut though..hahaha.

Can't wait for his new album too. :yes:

Lol you're so funny :roftl:

Ahhhh I wish I'm a richass to go anywhere without worrying about money, but nah, I'm still a student. Yep, my money flies with my project mostly, cries :'( 

By the way, you're a psychiatric trainee, right? That sounds pretty cool! I had always wanted to study in that field, but life seems to have another plan for me uhuu

8 hours ago, heyitsme said:

Lol you're so funny :roftl:

Ahhhh I wish I'm a richass to go anywhere without worrying about money, but nah, I'm still a student. Yep, my money flies with my project mostly, cries :'( 

By the way, you're a psychiatric trainee, right? That sounds pretty cool! I had always wanted to study in that field, but life seems to have another plan for me uhuu

Hahaha...I have been waiting for 10 years, hoping that his concert will be held at Singapore but it didn't happen. So early this year I told myself that I should just go for it coz life is short. Anyway, finally there's a good companion to go together. Let's go somewhere near then. :yes:

Yea I'm in psychiatric field and I'm enjoying my work:)

So, which field are you in now? I agreed, sometimes things might not be in accordance with our original plan. That makes life more interesting and colourful though :cloud:

Edited by Nie

3 hours ago, Nie said:

Hahaha...I have been waiting for 10 years, hoping that his concert will be held at Singapore but it didn't happen. So early this year I told myself that I should just go for it coz life is short. Anyway, finally there's a good companion to go together. Let's go somewhere near then. :yes:

Yea I'm in psychiatric field and I'm enjoying my work:)

So, which field are you in now? I agreed, sometimes things might not be in accordance with our original plan. That makes life more interesting and colourful though :cloud:

You're right! Life is short. Ok maybe I should start saving for Mika's upcoming concert, specifically haha. I would love to go to Europe tho.

I'm studying art and design now, under photography department. But before this I did major in psychology, doing ADP (one year here in MY, and supposedly continue 3 years in US). But due to circumstance, in which Trump won the election, things got a little difficult huhu. For safety reason, I just continue at local university. And too bad, public university didn't recognize the ADP certificate (different system and scheme). I was thinking of continuing psychology at private university actually but the tuition fee is kinda too expensive for me haha. Hence, I just start over and got an offer in this field that I'm doing now. Et voila! Now I'm on sem break, that's why I have so much time watching all of these videos of Mika lol. But I still have a life outside okay, been shooting outdoor. So yeah, I think I have a balance lifestyle rather than just being a lazyass who sit in front of a computer hahaha

Hope too see you soon, perhaps at one of Mika's tour? Haha. À bientôt!

• Like 1

Ciao Heyitsme!!! :bye:

I'm Gabriella and I live in Italy, nice to meet you and welcome to the MFC!:welcomeani:

I hope to see you to the next Mika's concerts or events! :hi5:

Have fun here!!! :yay:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gabry74 said:

Ciao Heyitsme!!! :bye:

I'm Gabriella and I live in Italy, nice to meet you and welcome to the MFC!:welcomeani:

I hope to see you to the next Mika's concerts or events! :hi5:

Have fun here!!! :yay:

Ciao @Gabry74! Grazie! Hope to see you too! :hug:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, heyitsme said:

You're right! Life is short. Ok maybe I should start saving for Mika's upcoming concert, specifically haha. I would love to go to Europe tho.

I'm studying art and design now, under photography department. But before this I did major in psychology, doing ADP (one year here in MY, and supposedly continue 3 years in US). But due to circumstance, in which Trump won the election, things got a little difficult huhu. For safety reason, I just continue at local university. And too bad, public university didn't recognize the ADP certificate (different system and scheme). I was thinking of continuing psychology at private university actually but the tuition fee is kinda too expensive for me haha. Hence, I just start over and got an offer in this field that I'm doing now. Et voila! Now I'm on sem break, that's why I have so much time watching all of these videos of Mika lol. But I still have a life outside okay, been shooting outdoor. So yeah, I think I have a balance lifestyle rather than just being a lazyass who sit in front of a computer hahaha

Hope too see you soon, perhaps at one of Mika's tour? Haha. À bientôt!

Sure! Cya during his next tour :yes::soccer_h4h:

Photography :wub2: must be interesting and adventurous at times (I'm imagining you climbing up and down..haha.. I've seen my friend literally lying on the grass to capture the best shot.. and there was once a photographer showed us some funny stunt while shooting near a river..I was so worry that he might fall into the river) 

Ic..too bad that our system doesn't recognize the certificate.:(  anyway art and design is an interesting field too :) and I always believe that whatever we learn along the journey, will be kept as an asset and increasing the value. :wink2:

Enjoy your sem break by the binge watching. :teehee:

• Like 1