7 posts in this topic

Hellooo everybody!

So, we're due for another software upgrade -- it won't be a major one, like we had this past spring, but it will bring a number of enhancements, functions that will make the site easier/more fun to use, I hope! :crossed:

Here are a just a few things that are new in Invision Community 4.2!

Clubs - Clubs are a brand new way of supporting sub-communities. We might be able to use this function for our International groups.

clubs.jpg

Reactions - Offer more fine-grained sentiments towards content than a simple up/down or 'like'. They are now in common usage on social networks, like on Facebook.

reaction.gif

Complete Your Profile - Encourages you to fill out the details on your profile. Also now allows for quick registration to encourage joining.

profile.jpg

There will be other improvements as well.  :yes:

I'm not going to run the upgrade for a few days yet, just wanted to give you all a head's up that it would be happening soon, so that when you start to see the additional functions/icons, you won't be caught off-guard!

Let me know if you have any questions, and I'll TRY to answer them! :lol3:

11 people like this

Will we still be able to omit the year from our birthday? (I don't want people to know I'm 129)

4 people like this

Thank you so much @dcdeb for this exciting information!

I look forward to seeing the new potential:das:

Always better:winner_first_h4h: 

Thanks for the news @dcdeb. It looks interesting and if it's easier it will be better for me :blush-anim-cl:

Hi Deb ;-) 

Thanks for telling us ;-)

Just one question here. Will there be a chat or has it been completely removed with the last upgrade ?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Thank you Deb  :huglove: We used to have clubs so it's nice that they are back :biggrin2: 

Edited by crazyaboutmika

On 7/21/2017 at 5:35 PM, frenchfan84 said:

Hi Deb ;-) 

Thanks for telling us ;-)

Just one question here. Will there be a chat or has it been completely removed with the last upgrade ?

Unfortunately, there's no more chat -- it wasn't the upgrade that did away with it, it was just that Invision doesn't support it any longer. Sorry. I have been meaning to look into alternatives, but haven't had a chance. I'll put it on my "to-do" list!

3 people like this