New Software Upgrade

Hellooo everybody!

So, we're due for another software upgrade -- it won't be a major one, like we had this past spring, but it will bring a number of enhancements, functions that will make the site easier/more fun to use, I hope! :crossed:

Here are a just a few things that are new in Invision Community 4.2!

Clubs - Clubs are a brand new way of supporting sub-communities. We might be able to use this function for our International groups.

clubs.jpg

Reactions - Offer more fine-grained sentiments towards content than a simple up/down or 'like'. They are now in common usage on social networks, like on Facebook.

reaction.gif

Complete Your Profile - Encourages you to fill out the details on your profile. Also now allows for quick registration to encourage joining.

profile.jpg

There will be other improvements as well.  :yes:

I'm not going to run the upgrade for a few days yet, just wanted to give you all a head's up that it would be happening soon, so that when you start to see the additional functions/icons, you won't be caught off-guard!

Let me know if you have any questions, and I'll TRY to answer them! :lol3:

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

• dcdeb pinned this topic

Hi Deb ;-) 

Thanks for telling us ;-)

Just one question here. Will there be a chat or has it been completely removed with the last upgrade ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2017 at 5:35 PM, frenchfan84 said:

Hi Deb ;-) 

Thanks for telling us ;-)

Just one question here. Will there be a chat or has it been completely removed with the last upgrade ?

Unfortunately, there's no more chat -- it wasn't the upgrade that did away with it, it was just that Invision doesn't support it any longer. Sorry. I have been meaning to look into alternatives, but haven't had a chance. I'll put it on my "to-do" list!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• 3 weeks later...

OK, the upgrade has been completed!

We'll all be learning about the new stuff together :)

One thing you'll notice right away is that for anyone who doesn't have a profile photo, a photo with the first letter of the user name is now substituted.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

I like this new update, it is quite fonctional and stuff ?

But it keeps on telling me that I've only completed 50% of my profile but I can't put anything more ?

I like it thanks a lot ?

18 hours ago, frenchfan84 said:

I like this new update, it is quite fonctional and stuff ?

But it keeps on telling me that I've only completed 50% of my profile but I can't put anything more ?

I like it thanks a lot ?

Hmm. It asked me to complete my profile the first time I logged in after the upgrade, but it's been OK since then. I'll look to see what fields are required that you might be missing.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Hmm. It asked me to complete my profile the first time I logged in after the upgrade, but it's been OK since then. I'll look to see what fields are required that you might be missing.

Thank you very much Deb ?

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Mikasister said:

Dunno if this is the right place to ask this but why when some italian people quote me what I wrote appears in italian when what I wrote it is in english? :dunno:

Thanks! :wink2:

Can you give me a link to one of these posts?

11 hours ago, Mikasister said:

Si ce n'est pas le bon endroit pour demander ceci, mais pourquoi, lorsque certains Italiens me citent ce que j'ai écrit, apparaît en italien quand ce que j'ai écrit est en anglais?

I can turn your English into French :lmfao:

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Mikasister said:

Dunno if this is the right place to ask this but why when some italian people quote me what I wrote appears in italian when what I wrote it is in english? :dunno:

Thanks! :wink2:

Testing if it happens with French members too :bleh:

It doesn't :teehee:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

12 hours ago, silver said:

Can you give me a link to one of these posts?

On 10/9/2017 at 10:51 AM, Mikasister said:

La nostra estate del Lat - ABBA

Io sto ascoltando I see you

On 11/5/2017 at 11:27 AM, Mikasister said:

Onestà - Billy Joel

Rain

On 4/9/2017 at 3:32 PM, Mikasister said:

Per le persone che non conoscono la canzone cantata da Mika

12 hours ago, silver said:

I can turn your English into French :lmfao:

:blink:

I guess the Italian members are doing the same as me - copying your comment to a translation site, then quoting the translation instead of the original quote. :dunno:

It's not a feature of the software, as far as I know.

1 minute ago, silver said:

I guess the Italian members are doing the same as me - copying your comment to a translation site, then quoting the translation instead of the original quote. :dunno:

It's not a feature of the software, as far as I know.

We need to ask them to find out..

• dcdeb unpinned this topic
  • 6 months later...

Before the upgrade we could add in our profile the username from Twitter, it was very helpful to find other MFC-ers and follow each other on that social network. Any possibility to do the same with the new software? Thanks!

2 hours ago, krysady said:

Before the upgrade we could add in our profile the username from Twitter, it was very helpful to find other MFC-ers and follow each other on that social network. Any possibility to do the same with the new software? Thanks!

You should be able to edit your profile and add your Twitter username.  Or is that not the problem?

28 minutes ago, silver said:

You should be able to edit your profile and add your Twitter username.  Or is that not the problem?

I did it, but in the past when you were pointing the arrow on someone's username, you could see their Twitter username as well, along with other information. Now you have to go to their personal profile page to see it, if I'm not wrong. But it's not such a big trouble, I'll do it this way :thumb_yello:

4 hours ago, krysady said:

I did it, but in the past when you were pointing the arrow on someone's username, you could see their Twitter username as well, along with other information. Now you have to go to their personal profile page to see it, if I'm not wrong. But it's not such a big trouble, I'll do it this way :thumb_yello:

It may be that there is a setting that has to be changed, or it may be a facility that the developers have dropped.  But as you can see all the info on the profile page, maybe we can live with it.

1 minute ago, silver said:

It may be that there is a setting that has to be changed, or it may be a facility that the developers have dropped.  But as you can see all the info on the profile page, maybe we can live with it.

Of course, it's not such a big deal after all, just noticed the change a few days ago. Thanks!