bone II

heyyy

34 posts in this topic

im dahv and my four favourite things, in order, are playing brass-heavy classical music, trombone maintenance, mika, and caring for leather shoes.  my older sibling introduced me to mika in about 2015 with ring ring and i hated it, then started listening to his other songs and changed my mind.  im mostly on here to find old pictures of mika in neon pants and see if i can find any other developmentally disabled mika fans (specifically autistic or adhd) or ones with ocd

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Hello and welcome to the MFC. Have a lot of fun here. You have to listen the symphonic concerts Mika did. :welcomeani:

Here you are a small sample :wink2: Enjoy it!!

 

 

Edited by Mikasister

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Hey! I'm a new member to MFC and I wanted to find people who love Mika as much as I do. :blush-anim-cl:  I first heard Mika when I was 5 or 6 and loved it, but I had no idea who he was till 2015. Then I started listening to Origin of Love then I started listening to his other albums and fell in love. :blush-anim-cl: 

Edited by ❤Thegirlwhoknewtomuch❤
7 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, ❤Thegirlwhoknewtomuch❤ said:

Hey! I'm a new member to MFC and I wanted to find people who love Mika as much as I do. :blush-anim-cl:  I first heard Mika when I was 5 or 6 and loved it, but I had no idea who he was till 2015. Then I started listening to Origin of Love then I started listening to his other albums and fell in love. :blush-anim-cl: 

 

Hi and welcome to the MFC. Have a lot of fun here. :welcomeani:

 

You can chat and share your love for Mika and his music with other american fans here:

 

 

Edited by Mikasister
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, Mikasister said:

Hello and welcome to the MFC. Have a lot of fun here. You have to listen the symphonic concerts Mika did. :welcomeani:

Here you are a small sample :wink2: Enjoy it!!

 

 

thanks for the recommendation, ive actually listened to all of the orchestra versions but i don't think mika's music is very well suited to being arranged for such a large group, he has too simplistic of a style.  now if it were arranged for a chamber group, THAT i would love to hear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @bone II and hi @❤Thegirlwhoknewtomuch❤! :bye:

I'm Gabriella and I live in Italy, nice to meet you and welcome to the MFC!! :welcomeani:

I hope to see you in the next Mika's concerts or events... Have fun here!!:yay::cheer:

@bone II I love all of his symphony concerts! (I was in Como and in Florence) :fangurl:

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the MFC to both of you, have a lot of fun here. I´m Sabine from Germany.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, bone II said:

Im dahv e le mie quattro cose preferite, in ordine, suonano musica classica pesante d'ottone, manutenzione trombone, mika, e cura di scarpe di cuoio. Il mio fratello maggiore mi ha introdotto a Mika nel 2015 con anello e l'odiavo, poi ho iniziato ad ascoltare le sue altre canzoni e ho cambiato idea. Im soprattutto qui per trovare le vecchie foto di mika in pantaloni al neon e vedere se posso trovare altri tifosi disabilitati allo sviluppo mika (in particolare autistici o adhd) o quelli con ocd

Hi @Osso II i'm Benedetta and i'm from Italy:italia: like you, i love the classic music, especially the simphonies.That's why I love the symphonic versions of Mika's songs:wub2::thumb_yello:

 I played the clarinet for three years. Nice trombone! 

Here are all welcome: we have so much to learn from you. And who says that we are "normal" and you don't? We all live our lives, with difficulties but also many joys. Have fun here:D

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, bone II said:

im dahv and my four favourite things, in order, are playing brass-heavy classical music, trombone maintenance, mika, and caring for leather shoes.  my older sibling introduced me to mika in about 2015 with ring ring and i hated it, then started listening to his other songs and changed my mind.  im mostly on here to find old pictures of mika in neon pants and see if i can find any other developmentally disabled mika fans (specifically autistic or adhd) or ones with ocd

 

11 hours ago, ❤Thegirlwhoknewtomuch❤ said:

Hey! I'm a new member to MFC and I wanted to find people who love Mika as much as I do. :blush-anim-cl:  I first heard Mika when I was 5 or 6 and loved it, but I had no idea who he was till 2015. Then I started listening to Origin of Love then I started listening to his other albums and fell in love. :blush-anim-cl: 

 

Hello :bye: welcome to both of you! Hope you're gonna have fun here, enjoy the MFC! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BeNny said:

Hi @Osso II i'm Benedetta and i'm from Italy:italia: like you, i love the classic music, especially the simphonies.That's why I love the symphonic versions of Mika's songs:wub2::thumb_yello:

 I played the clarinet for three years. Nice trombone! 

do you have any favourite composers? im really partial to Berlioz.  i definitely don't think mika's symphonic versions are bad! just that his music is, especially from a performer's perspective, much better suited to a smaller ensemble or there aren't enough parts to go around:nerd:

 

5 hours ago, BeNny said:

Here are all welcome: we have so much to learn from you. And who says that we are "normal" and you don't? We all live our lives, with difficulties but also many joys. Have fun here:D

this is a very nice sentiment and i appreciate it, but unfortunately that's really not how it works.  ive spent my whole life being rejected or ignored because i didnt play the right way, i didn't understand what other kids did, i only talked about things i was interested in, i didn't know about the right things, i moved my body in the wrong ways -- and I was lucky enough to be in an environment where i never got bullied!  even if you leave out how other people treat me because of my disabilities, i'll never be the same as everyone else; i can't go outside without ear protection because everything is overwhelming, i can't do many academic classes because my brain doesn't process things like other people's do, and i regularly become convinced that something harmless like picking up a coin off the ground will kill me.  

 

also please notice that i never once mentioned "normal" or "not normal", simply that i want to find other fans who share a particular experience with me.  if i had mentioned instead that i wished to find other fans who are trans, i can only assume you wouldn't say i was calling myself abnormal for wanting to meet people like me.  i also never said my life was lacking joy because of being disabled; again, simply that i want to meet people who share a particular experience with me.  im sure you meant nothing bad by your statements and i apologize if this reply comes off as overly aggressive, but the things you implied, intentionally or otherwise, were incredibly inappropriate and i would like to help you understand why 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bone II said:

this is a very nice sentiment and i appreciate it, but unfortunately that's really not how it works.  ive spent my whole life being rejected or ignored because i didnt play the right way, i didn't understand what other kids did, i only talked about things i was interested in, i didn't know about the right things, i moved my body in the wrong ways -- and I was lucky enough to be in an environment where i never got bullied!  even if you leave out how other people treat me because of my disabilities, i'll never be the same as everyone else; i can't go outside without ear protection because everything is overwhelming, i can't do many academic classes because my brain doesn't process things like other people's do, and i regularly become convinced that something harmless like picking up a coin off the ground will kill me.  

 

also please notice that i never once mentioned "normal" or "not normal", simply that i want to find other fans who share a particular experience with me.  if i had mentioned instead that i wished to find other fans who are trans, i can only assume you wouldn't say i was calling myself abnormal for wanting to meet people like me.  i also never said my life was lacking joy because of being disabled; again, simply that i want to meet people who share a particular experience with me.  im sure you meant nothing bad by your statements and i apologize if this reply comes off as overly aggressive, but the things you implied, intentionally or otherwise, were incredibly inappropriate and i would like to help you understand why 

 

Thanks for your comments, I'm sure no-one was intending to offend you.  I need to point  out that a lot of people on the forum are not native English speakers, so sometimes their choice of word or phrase may not be exactly what they meant to say.

 

And of course if they use a translation program ...... :rolleyes:

 

On the subject of Mika's music with smaller ensembles, he did some acoustic gigs with a small orchestra in 2009, e.g. Sadler's Wells

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, silver said:

 

Thanks for your comments, I'm sure no-one was intending to offend you.  I need to point  out that a lot of people on the forum are not native English speakers, so sometimes their choice of word or phrase may not be exactly what they meant to say.

 

And of course if they use a translation program ...... :rolleyes:

i know i can easily turn a few sentences into an essay, so i'll try my best to keep this short and to the point.  my issue is not with the words themselves, but with the concepts. 

 

10 hours ago, BeNny said:

Here are all welcome: we have so much to learn from you. And who says that we are "normal" and you don't? We all live our lives, with difficulties but also many joys. Have fun here:D

i have yet to see someone who thinks liking trombones is calling myself not normal, so it seems fair to assume that this was a response to a portion of my last sentence (i removed the irrelevant part about pants to save space):

 

On 8/7/2017 at 4:22 PM, bone II said:

 im mostly on here to ... see if i can find any other developmentally disabled mika fans (specifically autistic or adhd) or ones with ocd

all i said here was that im disabled and hoping to find other fans who share my disabilities. i never mentioned the word normal, or any similar words or concepts that could easily be mistranslated. the only conclusion i can come to, based on my own experiences and those of thousands of other disabled people, is that im being told i shouldn't call myself disabled because that's a bad word and im saying im not normal. i appreciate that @BeNny was trying to be inclusive, but the way they approached it can range from being rude to having serious negative effects depending on the situation. a better way would be either to politely aknowledge it and move on, or to suggest a part of the site or way of using the site to help me find other people with similar experiences.

 

i know that many people have very little experience with disability so im not offended or upset, but i would like to help educate people on what things are inappropriate and how they can fix it.

 

i also know that things can go very wrong when translating between languages, but even if that happened it's important that the writer is aware of it so they can avoid it in the future.

 

this got a lot longer than i intended, and unless anyone has legitimate questions, concerns, or areas they would like clarified, im done with this subject since i don't think defending myself against a total stranger dismissing my concerns without addressing them is a worthwhile use of my time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2017 at 2:22 AM, bone II said:

im dahv and my four favourite things, in order, are playing brass-heavy classical music, trombone maintenance, mika, and caring for leather shoes.  my older sibling introduced me to mika in about 2015 with ring ring and i hated it, then started listening to his other songs and changed my mind.  im mostly on here to find old pictures of mika in neon pants and see if i can find any other developmentally disabled mika fans (specifically autistic or adhd) or ones with ocd

 

On 8/8/2017 at 10:52 AM, ❤Thegirlwhoknewtomuch❤ said:

Hey! I'm a new member to MFC and I wanted to find people who love Mika as much as I do. :blush-anim-cl:  I first heard Mika when I was 5 or 6 and loved it, but I had no idea who he was till 2015. Then I started listening to Origin of Love then I started listening to his other albums and fell in love. :blush-anim-cl: 

 

Hi! :bye:  Welcome and enjoy the forum :welcomeani:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Gabry74 wow!  You've really been the a Mika concert!?  That's amazing!  What was it like?

I would love to go to one of his concerts one day, :wub2: but my love for Mika is kinda forbidden so it won't happen anytime soon. ╮(╯▽╰)╭

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ❤Thegirlwhoknewtomuch❤ said:

@Gabry74 wow!  You've really been the a Mika concert!?  That's amazing!  What was it like?

I would love to go to one of his concerts one day, :wub2: but my love for Mika is kinda forbidden so it won't happen anytime soon. ╮(╯▽╰)╭

why is your Mikalove forbidden? His concerts are very addictive, if you have seen one you will want to see more.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Sabine64 said:

why is your Mikalove forbidden? His concerts are very addictive, if you have seen one you will want to see more.....

 Oh I would love to see a Mika concert don't get me wrong. It's just that my mom just doesn't like a lot of of things and Mika is one of many people/things she doesn't like. And if my mom doesn't like something she wants others to think the same way.

 

So that's way my love for him is pretty much forbidden. And she thinks there's something wrong with everything, so she won't rest until she finds something wrong or bad with anything so she can use it against a person/thing. But she hasn't found anything bad about him yet. 😕 fingers crossed 

Edited by ❤Thegirlwhoknewtomuch❤

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ❤Thegirlwhoknewtomuch❤ said:

@Gabry74 wow!  You've really been the a Mika concert!?  That's amazing!  What was it like?

I would love to go to one of his concerts one day, :wub2: but my love for Mika is kinda forbidden so it won't happen anytime soon. ╮(╯▽╰)╭

I've seen more than 20 Mika's concerts and I get excited every time... It's pure magic!! :cloud:

I hope to see you as soon as possible to the next concerts or events because if you see one of them you'll want to see more... And then you'll not be alone but hundreds of fans will be there!! :wink2::wub2:

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ❤Thegirlwhoknewtomuch❤ said:

 Oh I would love to see a Mika concert don't get me wrong. It's just that my mom just doesn't like a lot of of things and Mika is one of many people/things she doesn't like. And if my mom doesn't like something she wants others to think the same way.

 

So that's way my love for him is pretty much forbidden. And she thinks there's something wrong with everything, so she won't rest until she finds something wrong or bad with anything so she can use it against a person/thing. But she hasn't found anything bad about him yet. 😕 fingers crossed 

May I ask how old you are? You know the best thing is that the time will work for you and then you will be old enough to decide on your own. When I was a teenager I was a big Elvis fan and after he died I told my parents that I would want to visit his grave but they didn´t let me. So I saved as much money as I could until I was old enough to travel alone........ and it was a good thing for my future.

About Mika, he has no scandals so I hope your mum will not find anything :wink2:

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I also had something like @Sabine64: I was a teenager and with my cousin we wanted to go to Rome at a concert of an Italian band, the Sonohra. Our parents won't give us, and still today i speak with us about that day. Now, i have grown And at Mika's concert I went alone because no one wanted to accompany me.;) And I had a lot of fun

I wouldn't miss a concert for nothing in the world!:yay::punk:You can also see him sooner or later, have faith! @thegirlwhoknewtoomuch :thumb_yello:

Edited by BeNny
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ❤Thegirlwhoknewtomuch❤ said:

@Sabine64 I'm 14 going on 15

so it´s only a matter of time and then you will go and see Mika :wink2:. And you have time to safe money to fullfill your dream.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/08/2017 at 1:22 AM, bone II said:

im dahv and my four favourite things, in order, are playing brass-heavy classical music, trombone maintenance, mika, and caring for leather shoes.  my older sibling introduced me to mika in about 2015 with ring ring and i hated it, then started listening to his other songs and changed my mind.  im mostly on here to find old pictures of mika in neon pants and see if i can find any other developmentally disabled mika fans (specifically autistic or adhd) or ones with ocd

Hello bones II :bye: and welcome to MFC  :welcomeani: To my knownledge Mari has prosopagnosia and she opened a thread about it. but I don't know about  active fans here with  ocd, nor adhd nor autistic...

Edited by crazyaboutmika
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ❤Thegirlwhoknewtomuch❤ said:

 Oh I would love to see a Mika concert don't get me wrong. It's just that my mom just doesn't like a lot of of things and Mika is one of many people/things she doesn't like. And if my mom doesn't like something she wants others to think the same way.

 

So that's way my love for him is pretty much forbidden. And she thinks there's something wrong with everything, so she won't rest until she finds something wrong or bad with anything so she can use it against a person/thing. But she hasn't found anything bad about him yet. 😕 fingers crossed 

Be patient, time is on your side and Mika is so worth waiting for :hug: You will cherish your first Mika gig and all the others :wub2: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sabine64 said:

so it´s only a matter of time and then you will go and see Mika :wink2:. And you have time to safe money to fullfill your dream.

 

34 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Be patient, time is on your side and Mika is so worth waiting for :hug: You will cherish your first Mika gig and all the others :wub2: 

 

Thanks guys :D I know I'll just have a be patient. It's just a couple years, ╮(╯3╰)╭ I can wait till then. And when I finally get to see him it'll be worth it. :biggrin2:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Hello bones II :bye: and welcome to MFC  :welcomeani: To my knownledge Mari has prosopagnosia and she opened a thread about it. but I don't know about  active fans here with  ocd, nor adhd nor autistic...

oooh thanks for letting me know, ill go check that out! (one time a friend i'd known for about a year dyed their hair and i didn't recognise them at all:doh:) i can really only identify faces by hair and facial expressions, so sometimes in selfies mika looks like misha collins to me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now