introduction

Anditwassummer

I am writing on a very old computer, so forgive the odd format if that's what I have done.   I am a dog trainer, writer, artist and a singer and songwriter from L.A.  My life has been somewhat odd (but isn't everyone's?} and due to a sleep problem I lost easily ten years of my life, so I am somewhat immature.  I belong to a few fan clubs, mainly to get early notice of shows and whatnot.  I have spent a few weeks wandering around here, and this one is different.  There are a lot of things I don't get, maybe because I am older.  Maybe because it makes me uncomfortable to publicly objectify a person whose talent I admire.  I see a beautiful man, but I am more interested in his creativity and his journey than his legs.  Of course,  I suppose one could care about both.  

I don't mean to offend anyone, I am saying this because I was hesitant to post to a forum that was only an adoration society.    But there are some very special things here, like the cover songs you people do, and the time you spend on gifting ideas for Mika. And the kindness you show towards people who are not like you.   The considerate way you conduct yourselves when you are around Mika, and the way he has altered so many lives.   It moved me a great deal.   And I thought that I just wouldn't post on the body parts threads and I would be just fine.  

I remember watching tv one night ten or so years ago, and it must have been the BRIT AWARDS, and although I was  over fifty,  music has been central to much of my life, new music in particular.  My ears turned my head towards the screen, and for some reason, other than the songs, what I remember is Mika in some kind of animal suit, taking his head off to take a bow.  Obviously this was a hallucination,  altho the animal suits did show up eventually.  I had never heard or seen him before.  I liked the music so much that I started playing it at work after closing, while I restocked shelves and counted out the drawer.   But that was it, except for idly wondering why I always liked the new musicians while my friends were still playing Rolling Stones records.  I still feel that way, very much an outsider to, well, most things.     

Time passed, I had another period of time weirdness and temporarily put aside my paintings and my writing and got a guitar and started to write songs.  More time passed.   I don't know what the event was that had me suddenly hearing  a Mika song and starting to listen to him again.  Only this time, all the time.  Until I heard everything and kept listening. It was the songwriting that hooked me, and the fact that I never listen to pop, I kept asking, why this?.  I still don't know.   But he is such an individual, and the world he creates reminds me so much of how I created my own when I was young, that I am interested in it all, and don't find it really pop.    My big focus right now is to learn what I can from him about songwriting, although you can never choose how you write.  And the cowboy song you heard is a baby is much more likely to show up in your work than something you heard as a grownup.   I am very interested in his process, although I have not seen that much about it.  And I am interested in what he does next, convinced  that there is a chance it will be a West End show,. I have never seen him live, what a pity.  But life isn't over yet and anything can happen if you say why not?   

• Like 5

Hello Anditwassummer! :bye:

Thank you very much for your introduction. I'm Gabriella, I'm 42 years old and I live in Italy.

Nice to meet you and welcome to the MFC! :welcomeani:

Have fun here and I hope to see you to the next Mika's concerts or events! :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

Hello and welcome Anditwassummer,

you are not the only older fan here. I´m Sabine and I come from Germany.

In this fanclub there is something for everyone, the adoration threads for people who want to have fun with nice pics. But as you have seen there are threads to discuss the songs and whatever Mika is doing. If you want to know what he is doing right now you can look at the thread of CasaMika 2016 and watch the shows he did last year, right now he is preparingnew shows. Have fun here on MFC

• Like 2

Hello and welcome on MFC :welcomeani:

I understand your disappointment about some threads, but, as you said, you can also find very special things here: one of them is, in my opinion, that you can easily talk with people of every nationality and ages! 

I agree with you, Mika is an handsome man, but is wrong to point only on that and forget the person he is; anyway, I think that most of us fell in love for his talent, his personality and his humanity more than for his legs :naughty: (or at least I hope so :sweatdrop:)

It's always a pleasure to discuss and read what other people think :gathering:

Have a good time here :wink2:

• Like 1

We all have different reason for liking Mika, but for most of us the most important thing is his music.

With  a new album due, we are hopeful of a tour, so you may get to see him live yet :thumb_yello:

There are plenty of us older fans, so please drop into The Oldlings thread and say hi :naughty:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/32845-oldlings-2017-10-years-on-and-still-going-for-it/

• Like 2

HI! What an intersting introduction! If only I could write in english like in italian..:blush-anim-cl:

Anyway, I love Mika for many different reason (:naughty:), but, for sure, I felt in love of his voice many years ago (it was 2007) and his music... his way of singing are always the most important things!

Hope to read you all around the forum!

Enjoy MFC!

BYE!

• Like 1

I want to thank everyone for the kind welcome.   I plan to follow a few threads, and keep reading some of the others.  I am currently using some of Mika's French songs in an exercise to translate lyrics not literally but so they can be sung.  I took years of French in High School but never spoke it well and can only read it if I translate almost word by word. Still, because i write so many songs and poems, I think it will be useful on many levels to do this.  Learning emphasis, rhythm, the intention of a word to invoke a mood, song structure, lots more.  I plan to start transcribing, but my ability to do so isn't very developed so that will take a while.  I am almost done with Ma Jeunesse and I can sing it and make it work, but I can't accompany myself yet.  All in good time.

Edited by Anditwassummer
weird computer does what it wants, like love but not as much fun

Hello :bye: Welcome to the MFC!

I'm Dee from Nebraska and i'm the MFC World Representative for USA. You can find fellow MFCers from the USA here http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28540.  If you need anything or have questions about Mika, the forum or whatever, I'm available via private message or you can post in the American Thread

• Like 1

Hi :bye: and welcome to MFC Summer :welcomeani:  That's a sweet intro :wub2: I'm Anne, I'm French and I'm fifty but I feel more like I'm fifteen :naughty: I had started doing a translation of Boum Boum Boum into English too as a few British fans didn't appreciate him singing in French so I was hoping once in English  it would stop creating a problem... I actually translated some of his French songs into English (for everyone to understand, not for singing them) I don't remember which ones though but if you look for them, they'll be in each song's thread :wink2: I should open a thread with all the songs' translations actually! I also adapted Erase in French and sang it so we sure have things in commun :thumb_yello:

I hope you share your recording of "Ma jeunesse" in English once it's ready :wub2: I write poems too mostly in English and I like to sing covers. 

I hope Mika tours in the USA with his new album and that you can enjoy a live gig of his as those are total bliss :swoon: He likes to start his tours and test his new songs there :biggrin2: 

Make sure to check the forum calendar as his American shows sell out very fast. I'm sure you'd enjoy watching "Les mondes de Mika" which we subbed as he shares a lot about himself as a man and as an artist :original: This is the link for the first version :

and make sure to watch the extra minutes of the longer version parts here :

Enjoy yourself here :huglove: 

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 2