Hi

Alex

Hello,

I am Alex, I am new here, and I was introduced to MIKA by my French teacher with Elle Me Dit, I then found his other songs.  My favorites right now are: L'amour fait ce qu'il veut, je chante, happy ending and les baisers perdus.  I must admit though, that my French is not that great and I like to read the english translations with the french lyrics.

• Like 6

Hi Alex :bye::welcomeani: to MFC

Je chante is a song by Charles Trénet and Mika gave it a new life. Les baisers perdus is my fav Mika song (in French) It made me cry like a baby the first time I heard it. It's so moving  and so poetic :wub2:

Enjoy yourself here :biggrin2:

• Like 1

Hi Alex! Welcome and hope you enjoy here :soccer_h4h:

L'amour fait ce qu'il veut is one of my favourites too.. I introduced this song to my dad as well:wink2:

@crazyaboutmika I love Les baisers perdus!! The first time when I heard it, I immediately search for the translated lyrics.. it is so beautiful.. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Hi Alex :bye::welcomeani: to MFC

Je chante is a song by Charles Trénet and Mika gave it a new life. Les baisers perdus is my fav Mika song (in French) It made me cry like a baby the first time I heard it. It's so moving  and so poetic :wub2:

Enjoy yourself here :biggrin2:

Les Baisers Perdus never made me cry, but it nearly has several times, and I don't get very emotional.  I also love the music video of Je chante.

Hi Alex ! 

Welcome on MFC and in Mika's crazy world :lmfao:

i love every song of Mika but the French songs are really beautiful and different from English songs. The wording is really good. Do you know J'ai pas envie ? I find this song very funny. 

Welcome here and see you soon ! :thumb_yello:

So, I've been diving into the rabbit hole for a few hours and I have come up with a few questions, how does the messaging thing work, what is Mikatube (and why is it for sale), do we have a single place to put links to every MIKA song (Yes I saw the discography page but that didn't have links, I don't think)?

On 04/09/2017 at 2:11 PM, Alex said:

So, I've been diving into the rabbit hole for a few hours and I have come up with a few questions, how does the messaging thing work, what is Mikatube (and why is it for sale), do we have a single place to put links to every MIKA song (Yes I saw the discography page but that didn't have links, I don't think)?

Welcome back Alex :bye: 

You should see an enveloppe icon on the top on the right and clicking on it opens the message box. I'll send you one so you see how notifications and messaging work. Mikatube was a wonderful place where @Kumazzz and @mari62 used to save many Mika videos but sadly it's gone now. I don' t think we have a place with links to all songs. Most of them are easy to find on youtube though....Any songs you're looking for in particular? For example, if you want to hear "Ma jeunesse" you can find it in Bourges concert that's on youtube.

• Like 2

On 2017/9/4 at 9:11 PM, Alex said:

a single place to put links to every MIKA song

Hi @Alex :welcomeani:

Take a look at this thread, hope it helps you.

LIST: Links to info and discussions about each of Mika songs

2 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

"Ma jeunesse"

A thread : Ma Jeunesse - Lyrics/Discussion

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 1