Lola Incident

Elenita

Hi everyone I'm new here, just spent the whole day going through all the amazing material here, thanks especially to the amazing translating team, you guys deserve the world for your contributions! I was watching the Mobistar concert where he forgot the lyrics to "Lola" and then tried to get someone to look up the lyrics then seemed kinda pissed when they didn't find it. I thought it was hilarious but also wondered what other singers do when they forget their lyrics? Do they also get the audience to help or just change songs? And then I wondered why didn't Mika have the lyrics printed out? He seems to have these papers on the top of his piano. And he said whoever gave him the lyrics could sit on the stage for the rest of the gig but I didn't see that. 

Sorry if this topic has already been covered.

Hi Elenita

maybe you want to open your own introduction thread to give more people the chance to say hello to you

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forum/5-introductions/

I think I have to watch this gg again to be able to answer your questions but normally Mika doesn´t have the lyrics on stage., on the piano only is the setlist fixed but as I said I have to watch it again. And I think the girl who gave him the lyrics had a better sight from the place she stood.

Singers forget their own lyrics all the time :naughty: They just continue skipping a few words until they catch the song again (the audience can help here) or just change the lyrics. That's why watching live shows is different every time, anything can happen and skipping a line doesn't matter at all, on the contrary it sometimes leads to a really funny situation. I was directly in front of him at that gig but I didn't have any mobile connection so I couldn't give him my phone and it came so suddenly I couldn't just tell the lyrics either (and I don't usually sing along so I'm bad at telling lyrics any way). I think the others had problems with their connection as well so it took a while to give him a phone. It was a lovely gig :wub:

Edit: I just watched the clip again. He really forgot the song but that's just natural because he didn't do many gigs that year. He wasn't pissed for real, he is just joking of course. It was a funny gig and he was in a great mood and very relaxed the whole day :wub:

Edited by tiibet
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, tiibet said:

I was directly in front of him at that gig but I didn't have any mobile connection so I couldn't give him my phone and it came so suddenly I couldn't just tell the lyrics either (and I don't usually sing along so I'm bad at telling lyrics any way). I think the others had problems with their connection as well so it took a while to give him a phone. It was a lovely gig :wub:

Edit: I just watched the clip again. He really forgot the song but that's just natural because he didn't do many gigs that year. He wasn't pissed for real, he is just joking of course. It was a funny gig and he was in a great mood and very relaxed the whole day :wub:

Lucky you! Yeah it was really an enjoyable gig to watch!