Mika appears on Dalida tribute album, covering Salma Ya Salama

*LEON*

Mika will feature on a Dalida tribute album by the famous trumpet player and composer Ibrahim Maalouf. For the album, released on November 17th, Mika covered the song Salma Ya Salama.

This is originally an Egyptian song, composed by musician Sayed Darwish for the 1919 play Qulu lu, according to Wikipedia. The lyrics are by Egyptian poet Badi' Khairi.

In 1977, Dalida covered it in both Egyptian Arabic and French.

Dalida's version can he heard here.

More info about this album can be found here.

Edited by *LEON*
  • Like 6

"DALIDA by Ibrahim Maalouf"

Avec

1. BAMBINO (Alain Souchon)
2. COME PRIMA (Ben l’Oncle Soul)
3. J'ATTENDRAI (Melody Gardot & Ibrahim Maalouf)
4. PAROLES PAROLES (Matthieu Chedid - M - & Monica Bellucci)
5. IL VENAIT D'AVOIR 18 ANS (Ibrahim Maalouf)
6. LAISSEZ-MOI DANSER (IZIA)
7. SALMA YA SALAMA (MIKA)
8. LES GITANS (Thomas Dutronc)
9. À MA MANIERE (Rokia Traore)
10. JE ME REPOSE (Arno)
11. interlude instrumental
12. LOVE IN PORTO FINO (Golshifteh Farahani)

Dalida_tribute.thumb.jpg.cb80ff92491b82a9032110225078254d.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, mellody said:

Am I the only one who has never heard of Dalida? :dunno:

Anyway, thanks for the news! :)

My french grandma used to refer to her as if I knew her, just because she's half italian too :doh: so, already heard the name, but never listended to her songs nor watched her films :dunno: She died in 1987, I'm too young :roftl:

8 hours ago, mellody said:

Am I the only one who has never heard of Dalida? :dunno:

Anyway, thanks for the news! :)

You are too young to know about Dalida.:blush-anim-cl:

Wiki : Dalida

Yolanda Cristina Gigliotti[1] (17 January 1933 – 3 May 1987), better known as Dalida (Egyptian Arabic: داليدا‎‎),

was an Egyptian-Italian then French singer and actress.

She performed and recorded in more than ten languages, including Egyptian Arabic songs mainly for her homeland and French, Italian, Greek, Spanish, German, English, Japanese, Hebrew and Dutch songs. She spent most of her career in France and acquired French citizenship in 1961 upon marriage, while maintaining her original Egyptian and Italian ones.

She won Miss Egypt beauty contest in 1954[2].

Twice honoured with the Oscar mondial du succès du disque (the "World Oscar of Recording Success"), she is the only European singer to have won this award more than once.

Her 30-year career began in 1956 and ended with her last album in 1986, half a year before her death, while continuing to hold concerts until her last days. Her suicide led to an iconic image as a tragic diva and renowned singer. She received more than 70 gold records and was the first singer to receive platinum and diamond discs.[3]

She sold more than 170 million albums worldwide.[4][5][6][7]

She was very famous as French singer in Japan.

I remember a HIT single of Alain Delon with Dalida.

One of her Japanese songs

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I know of Dalida because one of her songs came across a French 80s station I listen to often, and I couldn't get it out of my head. I ended up looking up the video and laughed so hard I thought I would cry. To cheer up your day, let me introduce you to Laissez Moi Danser, featuring the most incredible red leather bodysuit wearing, hip swinging, mustachioed disco dancers you have ever seen.

(YouTube won't allow proper embedding)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFOe5sGnQK0

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

AMAZON

iTunes

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Poisonyoulove said:

Sorry.  I wish there was a way to know when videos are locked to only certain countries. Maybe it's only available in the US because they know none of us have ever heard of Dalida?

Don't worry, managed to listen to it changing my location :naughty:  Thanks! :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

I am old enough to have heard of Dalida. There is a Place Dalida in Montmartre with a statue of her. Well, it is more of a bust - and her bust - poitrine - features prominently. Will see if I can upload the picture I took.

Paris and Spain Oct 2017 043.JPG

Edited by Fan1955
adding picture

I found the whole album on Spotify (free), but by Salma Ya Salama there is a wrong artist, instead of Mika some Micael (apparently some brazilian singer)... :lol: But you can hear the whole song there.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

I found the whole album on Spotify (free), but by Salma Ya Salama there is a wrong artist, instead of Mika some Micael (apparently some brazilian singer)... :lol: But you can hear the whole song there.

yes, it's on spotify, I don't know how come, How can they do such a mistake on the name of the singer

I love the song sooooo much:flowers2: The voice of Mika sounds amazing :cloud:

• Like 1

On 17/11/2017 at 8:11 PM, Amy hudsone said:

yes, it's on spotify, I don't know how come, How can they do such a mistake on the name of the singer

I love the song sooooo much:flowers2: The voice of Mika sounds amazing :cloud:

Me too :cloud: Mika's voice singing this song is absolutely memerizing :swoon: I found it on google playstore by the way

:

• Like 1