[The Voice] season-7, France - 2018

Kumazzz

The night I was there 20th Nov I felt that the ambience was different between the 4 coaches this time. But that is to be expected as Pascal is new to the team. It was a bit the same when Matt Pokora joined. I am a fan of Matt too but do not know anything about Pascal so will just see how it goes. Of course it makes for "better" tv if the coaches do not get on , more like the X factor in UK! and the press may be playing up that side of things. I am just going on what Mika said himself that I quoted above.

• Like 3

I know it's a fake news.

The magazine need something about The Voice.:naughty:

On 2017/12/1 at 11:52 PM, Amy hudsone said:

là encore des magazines inventent des mensonges pour vendre

C'est pas ce qui a été réellement rapporté par les personnes qui ont réellement assisté aux auditions

http://www.non-stop-people.com/actu/tv/voice-7-entre-mika-et-pascal-obispo-ce-serait-deja-la-guerre-152825

"Au sein de l’équipe des coachs en revanche, il semblerait que l’entente ne soit pas tout à fait cordiale, notamment entre Pascal Obispo et Mika : "Le courant ne passe clairement pas entre eux" poursuit la source de Public, "Mika, d’ordinaire showman, a l’impression que Pascal empiète sur ses plates-bandes". Une version qui a été confirmée au magazine par une jeune femme ayant assisté à l’enregistrement des auditions à l’aveugle : "On sent clairement que Mika et Pascal Obispo ne peuvent pas s’encadrer. Ils se jettent des regards assassins, et quand ils s’adressent la parole, c’est pour se balancer des petites piques. Dans le public, la gêne était réellement palpable".

Public

• N°751 Du 1er Décembre 2017

https://www.public.fr/News/Magazine-Public-

THE VOICE – MIKA ET OBISPO NE PEUVENT PLUS S’ENCADRER

Alors que s’achèvent les enregistrements des auditions à l’aveugle de la nouvelle saison de The Voice, la tension est à son comble entre Pascal Obispo et Mika. Le nouveau venu parmi les coachs a le don d’irriter l’ancien. Sur le plateau, l’ambiance est à couper au couteau. Ce n’est plus qui aura la plus belle voix, mais qui aura le dernier mot…

Public-751_01_Dec-2017-page1-.thumb.jpg.26874f8fce7be5c019ed3c07f121fa54.jpg

Public-751_01_Dec-2017-page14-.thumb.jpg.45360d515bb01affc1b22c8be90ea063.jpg

• Like 1

Oh well, every year I'm getting better at getting late... so I'll just put the three sessions I went to in one single review, as I don't really have that much to say anyway.

So. My intro looks the same every year but it's more true every year: When I went out for the last time last year I really didn't expect to ever come back on this set.

Also this year no warm up for me, I jumped right through the Saturday Of Death with his infamous 2 sessions in a row... which to be honest was far less terrible than the years before: the four of them stayed relatively on form and coherent when previously it was almost impossible after 11pm to have them do a correct shot without having to start again 5 times (we won't forget the now cult Mika quotes à la "yeah no but I don't remember what I wanted to say" (even if my fave one will stay "don't make me laugh I want to pee" but it's a very personnal choice :naughty:)

But obviously for Mika the rythm was far less exhausting than last year when he was going back and forth between Paris and Milan 3 times a week and was also lucky enough to record half the sessions while being sick. This year he was in much better form, and thus less grumpy, let's face it. 

But then the big issue I had this year was... oh God how boring is that. I was used to being entertained by at least a couple a contestants and also and more importantly for me... I was used to laughing a lot - I know that's not why we are supposed to be here but to be honest that's why Blinds were my fave part: because it's usually funny.  But this year, pfff. It seems like we've been seing the same singer over and over again, same look same voice same kind of song... over... and over... 
And then our four coaches.. .they are doing their job. No more, no less. Mika and Florent can still be very interesting in their comments, but after all those years it's becoming harder to find fresh stuff to say. But yeah I was craving for those moments when they all lose their mind and go jumping in every direction, but nothing really came.

I also discovered Pascal as a coach, and wasn't especially blazed away by his interventions. He was often trying too hard to be funny and ended up being gross, but it seems that I escaped the worst as I heard he was being extremely heavy on the 3 days I missed.

But still there is that one interesting thing in the coache's dynamic this year: 3 of them know each other so, so well, they've been knowing each other for more than 20 years, they recorded duets, they went on stage all together endless times, they write and compose for each other, and they are pretty close friends in personnal life (I mean one of them was even living in a house bought by another one, seriously). 
Mika is quite close to Florent and has learned to know Zazie but it can't compare to the massive artistic bonding that has linked the three others for so long. So, on top of being by far the younger, he also is the outsider, and often ended up watching them bonding as a spectator... but I don't think he feels excluded , more .. captivated, I'd say.

Now to the "random things I remember"

Mika did somthing that got quite unnoticed but that I liked really much: on stage we had the Korean contestant (that happens to be an amazing pianist and obviously he couldn't keep himself from going and playing with her but that's not the point). So firstly it gave him the chance to say a few words in Korean which is always cool for me as one of my biggest pleasures in life is to go on twitter when the show is on just to see people commenting about the amount of languages he is talking - and secondly it allowed him to do something really cute that could have come only from someone who has gone through the same kind of things: as the three others were "mocking" the girl's accent and mistakes (not in a mean way, really not, and she was taking it kindly, but still) he told her, extremely seriously "and I think your french is perfects and that you express yourself very clearly". I think saying those kind of things from time to time is actually more important than it seems and I liked him for that.

And at the opposite I remember that contestant I wanted to kick because the guy being a student in a very cool classic singing school thought he was the 8th Wonder of the world and wasn't listening to Mika who was actually giving him a free lesson about classic singing and teaching him some of the Haendel-Based excercises he used for his final exams and it was very interesting and this guy especially could have really learned from it... but he was so full of himself :doh:

And...That's all. Not that much to remember then, and truth is I didn't try that hard to keep anything in mind.

Except this little sweet thing that I'll remember forever, obviously, this lovely attention Mika had when he brought us a bag of food before the recording because, well, he knows how hungry we get in the studio  (also the vision of him trying to get through the audience to reach us and climbing over people's legs with a profusion of "oh sorry, sorry, excuse me, sorry!!!" was hilarious :lmfao:). So I don't know if I'm am just getting tired of the Voice or if it really is especially boring this year but as long as Mika keeps on being so kind I'll survive  :blush-anim-cl:.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 8

1 hour ago, Melyssa said:

Oh well, every year I'm getting better at getting late... so I'll just put the three sessions I went to in one single review, as I don't really have that much to say anyway.

So. My intro looks the same every year but it's more true every year: When I went out for the last time last year I really didn't expect to ever come back on this set.

Also this year no warm up for me, I jumped right through the Saturday Of Death with his infamous 2 sessions in a row... which to be honest was far less terrible than the years before: the four of them stayed relatively on form and coherent when previously it was almost impossible after 11pm to have them do a correct shot without having to start again 5 times (we won't forget the now cult Mika quotes à la "yeah no but I don't remember what I wanted to say" (even if my fave one will stay "don't make me laugh I want to pee" but it's a very personnal choice :naughty:)

But obviously for Mika the rythm was far less exhausting than last year when he was going back and forth between Paris and Milan 3 times a week and was also lucky enough to record half the sessions while being sick. This year he was in much better form, and thus less grumpy, let's face it. 

But then the big issue I had this year was... oh God how boring is that. I was used to being entertained by at least a couple a contestants and also and more importantly for me... I was used to laughing a lot - I know that's not why we are supposed to be here but to be honest that's why Blinds were my fave part: because it's usually funny.  But this year, pfff. It seems like we've been seing the same singer over and over again, same look same voice same kind of song... over... and over... 
And then our four coaches.. .they are doing their job. No more, no less. Mika and Florent can still be very interesting in their comments, but after all those years it's becoming harder to find fresh stuff to say. But yeah I was craving for those moments when they all lose their mind and go jumping in every direction, but nothing really came.

I also discovered Pascal as a coach, and wasn't especially blazed away by his interventions. He was often trying too hard to be funny and ended up being gross, but it seems that I escaped the worst as I heard he was being extremely heavy on the 3 days I missed.

But still there is that one interesting thing in the coache's dynamic this year: 3 of them know each other so, so well, they've been knowing each other for more than 20 years, they recorded duets, they went on stage all together endless times, they write and compose for each other, and they are pretty close friends in personnal life (I mean one of them was even living in a house bought by another one, seriously). 
Mika is quite close to Florent and has learned to know Zazie but it can't compare to the massive artistic bonding that has linked the three others for so long. So, on top of being by far the younger, he also is the outsider, and often ended up watching them bonding as a spectator... but I don't think he feels excluded , more .. captivated, I'd say.

Now to the "random things I remember"

Mika did somthing that got quite unnoticed but that I liked really much: on stage we had the Korean contestant (that happens to be an amazing pianist and obviously he couldn't keep himself from going and playing with her but that's not the point). So firstly it gave him the chance to say a few words in Korean which is always cool for me as one of my biggest pleasures in life is to go on twitter when the show is on just to see people commenting about the amount of languages he is talking - and secondly it allowed him to do something really cute that could have come only from someone who has gone through the same kind of things: as the three others were "mocking" the girl's accent and mistakes (not in a mean way, really not, and she was taking it kindly, but still) he told her, extremely seriously "and I think your french is perfects and that you express yourself very clearly". I think saying those kind of things from time to time is actually more important than it seems and I liked him for that.

And at the opposite I remember that contestant I wanted to kick because the guy being a student in a very cool classic singing school thought he was the 8th Wonder of the world and wasn't listening to Mika who was actually giving him a free lesson about classic singing and teaching him some of the Haendel-Based excercises he used for his final exams and it was very interesting and this guy especially could have really learned from it... but he was so full of himself :doh:

And...That's all. Not that much to remember then, and truth is I didn't try that hard to keep anything in mind.

Except this little sweet thing that I'll remember forever, obviously, this lovely attention Mika had when he brought us a bag of food before the recording because, well, he knows how hungry we get in the studio  (also the vision of him trying to get through the audience to reach us and climbing over people's legs with a profusion of "oh sorry, sorry, excuse me, sorry!!!" was hilarious :lmfao:). So I don't know if I'm am just getting tired of the Voice or if it really is especially boring this year but as long as Mika keeps on being so kind I'll survive  :blush-anim-cl:.

Thank you for your detailed report!

It's funny how to see it could be very different from one person to another.

I have no comparison between two years, it's the first time I come to The Voice.

So I felt very excited and that was awesome for me.

It's a real pleasure to see him face to us, to see his changing expressions.

And for the first time, I feel the lack of him. It's a strange feeling, when I saw him the last time before the break, I began to feel it. Apparently, it's a common feeling among the fans who have seen him in real.

I can't imagine a concert, it could be worst!

I will return on 14th and the other days, I hope yes it will be as great as it was.

• Like 5

Thanks for your report, Melyssa.  I think we had the same problem with The Voice UK - all the contestants start to sound the same.  And all the people who can actually sing fail to make it through, while people who are loud and emotional get through even though they can't hold a tune.

But nice to hear Mika was feeding you :lmfao:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Yes, thank you Melyssa for your detailed report. Glad that Mika was feeding you too! I found that at  the session I saw - 20th November - there were really were  a lot of similar singers - Zazie commented on it. There were a lot of young men, mostly bearded, with guitars singing vaguely retro/hippy type songs. When the third one in a row came out I found it a bit embarrassing! I think it is because in the blinds you expect to see a variety of styles. I am not saying that the guys weren't good singers, just that I would have liked a greater  variety.  As usual Mika's comments were measured and any criticism he gave was constructive but Pascal did not really justify his opinions and seemed to be playing to the audience for a reaction all the time.  I also agree with your comments about Mika's skill in languages. At one point Pascal asked a singer his nationality as he (Pascal) thought the singer had an accent. The singer said he was French but sang a lot in English. Pascal seemed to be making it a criticism and Mika said something like it does not matter what language you sing in, it is the emotion that counts. It was the first time I have been to a recording and I found it very interesting.

• Like 6

Hi everybody , I’m going to attend The Voice recording on Thursday the 14th. I will be alone and it’s the first time I ‘m going to the studio. I would be pleased to meet some Mika fans and spend the evening with them. Can anyone help me to find MFC people over there?

I’m from Avignon and I’m 56, just for information😊.

Many Thanks 

Véronique

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vero84 said:

Hi everybody , I’m going to attend The Voice recording on Thursday the 14th. I will be alone and it’s the first time I ‘m going to the studio. I would be pleased to meet some Mika fans and spend the evening with them. Can anyone help me to find MFC people over there?

I’m from Avignon and I’m 56, just for information😊.

Many Thanks 

Véronique

Coucou Véronique!

Tu peux nous rejoindre si tu veux, on sera un petit groupe de quatre pour l'instant, mais sache qu'on y va super tôt, genre 13h! Oui je sais on est fêlées... :lmfao:

On peut voir ça en MP si tu préfères...

A très bientôt!

• Like 2

Thank you so much for sharing your blind auditions reports @Melyssa,  @Fan19551955 and @Boucarilla:group_hug: Mika is so sweet to feed his fans :wub2: From ice creams in summer to hot choc in winter and even at The Voice now :biggrin2:  What a gentleman he is :swoon: It was a great pleasure to read your reports girls :punk: and I hope to read more soon :wink2:  @Boucarilla It's called PMD (post Mika depression) and we have a thread for it,  you're not alone :hug: 

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 3

Hi everybody!

In case you haven't seen my video yet, taken by my boyfriend...

:wink2:

I'll make a report later, I'm still tired. :lmfao:

My first autograph!!!!!!!!

Thank you @crazyaboutmika for the link! :wink2:

All I remember is when Mika said: His hair are strange, and a french mistake: On voudrait qu'il va plus loin.

See you very soon!

• Like 8

As promised, I make you a report of the last two recording sessions, even if I forgot a lot! :lmfao:

First, I have to say the weather was pretty bad on Thursday, all the most in the end of the afternoon, rain and wind.

Yesterday, Saturday, was very coldy, a polar wind!

Before entering the studio, in the cloakrooms, I felt a little bit bad, too many people, but it was not as usual, too much febrility maybe I don't know...

Fortunately, we managed to have a seat in the same place, so on the right side of the stage.

The coachs rebegan to register the Johnny Hallyday's song, and then changed their clothes.

On Thursday, we saw Melachi and Amira while waiting.

Yesterday, only Melachi, for as you know Amira is with Andy in Miami.

Mika brought Mel in the studio during a break and some people on the other side had the chance to caress her and to discuss with Mika.

I found the level of the candidate was sometimes low, wrong notes for The Voice, are you kidding me?! Maybe I'm hard in my opinions but some of them had the level just for karaoke!

I found the analysis more and more longer with the time, even if I totally opened my ears when Mika spoke...:lmfao:

I saw yesterday in the end Fortuné with Melachi on the corridor, arriving in the opposite. First I believed it was Mika, but I realized too late it was his brother, with the tiredness, and surprise! What a silly girl I am! :annoyed_h4h:

I hope I'm not become blasée of The Voice recordings! :blink:

As a good award, Mika came on foot on Thursday, I had my first autograph.

I felt such a joy, my excitment was 1000 percent, that it took at least one hour to come down...:lmfao:

A big negative point is the air conditioning which made a polar wind directly on my face...

We are going to suffer next Tuesday and on January for the outside waiting! :bored:

Anyway, I have never regrets to go there, it's such a pleasure to spend an entire night with your idole... without innuendo of course! :wink2:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Boucarilla said:

Comme promis, je vous fais un reportage des deux dernières séances d'enregistrement, même si j'en ai oublié beaucoup! : lmfao:

Tout d'abord, je dois dire que le temps était plutôt mauvais jeudi, tout au plus en fin d'après-midi, pluie et vent.

Hier, samedi, il faisait très froid, un vent polaire!

Avant d'entrer en studio, dans les vestiaires, je me sentais un peu mal, trop de monde, mais ce n'était pas comme d'habitude, trop de fébrilité peut-être que je ne sais pas ...

Heureusement, nous avons réussi à avoir une place au même endroit, donc sur le côté droit de la scène.

Les entraîneurs ont recommencé à enregistrer la chanson de Johnny Hallyday, puis ont changé leurs vêtements.

Jeudi, nous avons vu Melachi et Amira en attendant.

Hier, seul Melachi, car comme vous le savez, Amira est avec Andy à Miami.

Mika a amené Mel dans le studio pendant une pause et quelques personnes de l'autre côté ont eu la chance de la caresser et de discuter avec Mika.

J'ai trouvé que le niveau du candidat était parfois bas, fausses notes pour The Voice, tu te moques de moi ?! Peut-être que je suis dur dans mes opinions mais certains d'entre eux avaient le niveau juste pour le karaoké!

J'ai trouvé l'analyse de plus en plus longue avec le temps, même si j'ai totalement ouvert mes oreilles quand Mika a parlé ...: lmfao:

J'ai vu hier à la fin Fortuné avec Melachi dans le couloir, arrivant au contraire. D'abord j'ai cru que c'était Mika, mais j'ai réalisé trop tard que c'était son frère, avec la fatigue, et la surprise! Quelle fille stupide je suis!: annoyed_h4h:

J'espère ne pas devenir blasée des enregistrements The Voice! :blink:

Comme un bon prix, Mika est venu à pied jeudi, j'ai eu mon premier autographe.

J'ai ressenti une telle joie, mon excitation était de 1000%, qu'il a fallu au moins une heure pour descendre ...: lmfao:

Un gros point négatif est la climatisation qui a fait un vent polaire directement sur mon visage ...

Nous allons souffrir mardi prochain et en janvier pour l'attente extérieure! :ennuyé:

En tout cas, je n'ai jamais regretté d'y aller, c'est un tel plaisir de passer une nuit entière avec votre idole ... sans insinuation bien sûr! : wink2:

Waouh thank you very much for your text @Boucarilla !! 😘

• Like 1

Final Audition (whatisit), first session, 14 december

« But I do like a disaster! »

So the « good »  (or not) news is that I finally found the motivation to hide a pen. The bad (or good) one is that I didn’t use it that much (especially as it turned out that it wasn’t working Xd), and anyway I spent the last 2 hours in a very happy sleep on my neghbours’ shoulders (no but really I try but I don’t have the same job than the years before, now my rythm makes me get up really early so past 11pm I am dead)

We started with a big Opening Song mess, as they explained to us that the song we recorded 1565153 times during the blind won’t be used at all and they gonna redo it with a song from Johnny Hallyday (for those who missed it (meaning eveyone who is not french I guess), the country has lost its biggest star last week so it’s all about paying hommage and so the show HAD to start with a Johnny song). Anyway so they came back in their clothes from last month, did two takes of the song and both times Mika kind of f*cked it because he didn’t manage to cut the words on the right places (I won’t blame him, it’s always his major problem when he tries to learn a song in french.  I get that but the producer might not share my opinion though xD).

Then obviously they had to change clothes, and you can’t imagine how long it takes… we already came in a bit late and we kept loosing even more time, it was already late and the thing still wasn’t officially started (even the coaches would comment about it, and will star a running joke with « but has the show begun yet or not ? »)

Useless anecdote about the recording of the song : Mika couldn’t hear himself, so, he increased the volume of his mic… a bit too much. Meaning that we could hear him very loudly… but the other coaches, having him directly in their earplugs, were having quite a hard time :stifle: . So Florent quickly asked the technicians to put Mika’s volume down, to what Mika began to scream (RIP Florent’s ears) « NO ! NEVER ! »

Finally they are on their seats, Mika in zombie mode I’m gonna sleep with my eyes opened for the next 6hours, thank you; and Florent and Pascal in an agitation state that promises us a veeeeeery long night (and to let us know why they were so turbulent , Florent will just tell « we had a big reunion dinner », which in the Voice coded language means « we’re half drunk yepeee » (and for us it means that there’s gonna be a lot of stupid laughs for no reason but then it’s the first recording involving alcohol this year, they have been serious ‘till then for once)

So to be short when you’ve already seen that kind of messy introduction you already know even if it’s only 9pm that you’ll see half the audience leave the place at 2am and you’ll end up the thing in a half empty room with 4 coaches stuck in a permanent hysterical laughter for no reason (and all right it happened. Lateness+champagne is a classic of the voice).

One of those laughs will be a direct consequence of this : Nikos, God knows why, kept calling Pascal « Florent » by accident. Which wouldn’t have been that bad if it only meant that they’d had to do one other take… exept a)he was doing the same mistake again on the next take and b) it made everyone go bonkers and they ended up switching their names and calling Nikos by the name of another famour french presenter, and yes itw as really funny actually but also really long and it didn’t help to end up at a decent hour :aah:.

Another one of those laughs  will come from Nikos’ english accent as he was trying to pronounce the word Issues with an accent that he hoped sounded english except that not at all (for once it was Mika who was laughing about someone else’s mistakes so he really did enjoy it). Also, talking about mistake, the only memorable one from Mika was a conjugation one that I can’t really translate here ("on  envie qu'il va loin") but that’s the bad side about him having done so many progress in french : we remember the time when every the voice recording gave us a full page of funny mistakes :D

Like last month, I found Obispo a bit heavy, even if less than a few weeks before. But still. So I loved when Mika told him exactly this, when after a story about hair Obispo ended up sitting on the knees of a very happy looking Mika (that’s ironic, the face he made when he saw that the guy was about to sit on him was fabulous, like "oh f*ck here we go again" *rolling eyes*). So anyway after that Mika told him really seriously « I have to tell you you might be good looking without hair but still, you’re heavy » which of course can be heard as you’re heavy for real as you’re sitting on me but I could bet that he wasn’t really thinking about it that way :teehee:

Nothing more to say really. Globally I didn’t find the performances that good, and also I don’t like seing Mika that tired, let’s hope the Christmas break will allow him a massive sleeping cure...

Edited by Melyssa
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3