Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, krysady said:

Thanks, Anne! :thumb_yello: I couldn't even figure out which language it is :blush-anim-cl:

Neither had I :floor: Good thing we got the better sound version afterwards :biggrin2:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I wonder if the song will be longer or if it's only a jingle Mika made for Casa Mika :dunno: But I love it anyway :wub2:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mika mentionned having written a jingle for Casa Mika 2 so that's probably not a full song...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Mika mentionned having written a jingle for Casa Mika 2 so that's probably not a full song...

But he also said that he wrote a song and really loved it, then thought it would have been great as SCM2 jingle...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Siri said:

But he also said that he wrote a song and really loved it, then thought it would have been great as SCM2 jingle...

Thank you Siri :huglove:

Hopefully it's a whole song :wub2: 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New spot!!
 


So I'm hearing (and please correct me if you think I'm wrong):

Don't even try to tempt me with a ??? of my own
Or the leaning tower of Pisa cause I heard it's about to fall (oh no!)
There ain't no pyramids or palaces for me
Already got a home, it's the only place I need

It might be big, it might be small
There ain't no paintings on the wall
And the bed might not be long enough
The neighbours want us all to leave
And they're callin' the police
Kick us out if they were strong enough
It's my house!

It's my house, it's your house
There's room for you
It's my house!

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2017 at 5:57 PM, ItsMichaeeel said:


So I'm hearing (and please correct me if you think I'm wrong):

Don't even try to tempt me with a ??? of my own
Or the leaning tower of Pisa cause I heard it's about to fall (oh no!)
There ain't no pyramids or palaces for me
Already got a home, it's the only place I need

It might be big, it might be small
There ain't no paintings on the wall
And the bed might not be long enough
The neighbours want us all to leave
And they're callin' the police
Kick us out if they were strong enough
It's my house!

It's my house, it's your house
There's room for you
It's my house!

 

For the first line, I'm hearing "Don't even try to temp me with a kiss at the Taj Mahal"

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It should be something like this:

 

Don’t even try to temp me with kisses on the Taj Mahal

Hold the leaning tower of Pisa cause I’ve heard it’s about to fall
There is no pyramids or palaces for me 
Already got a home but you’re the only place I need
 
 
It might be big 
it might be small
Ain’t no paintings on the wall
And the bed might not be long enough
The neighbors want us all to leave
And they’re calling the police
Kick us out if they’re strong enough
 
It’s my house
It’s your house
There’s room for you
It’s my house 
Edited by piattels
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6.10.2017 at 8:54 PM, Poisonyoulove said:

 

For the first line, I'm hearing "Don't even try to temp me with a kiss at the Taj Mahal"

 

I never could have figured this out, but now that you say it, I can hear it too. :teehee: So I guess your first line with the text of ItsMichaeeel is what he's singing. It might be "There ain't no pyramids, no palaces for me", instead of "or", but not sure, it could be either.

 

piattels, holding the leaning tower doesn't make sense in the context... it's about where his home is, that's why I'm also sure he sings "it's the only place I need".

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mellody said:

 

I never could have figured this out, but now that you say it, I can hear it too. :teehee: So I guess your first line with the text of ItsMichaeeel is what he's singing. It might be "There ain't no pyramids, no palaces for me", instead of "or", but not sure, it could be either.

 

piattels, holding the leaning tower doesn't make sense in the context... it's about where his home is, that's why I'm also sure he sings "it's the only place I need".

 

I definitely hear "it's" in that line, I'm listening with headphones. :thumb_yello:  Also, I'm hearing "'Cause my house is your house" 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If anyone plays piano by the way, I was super-bored and transcribed a little of what we have.

Here's the piano riff Mika plays in the first snippet:

59da90db7c680_CasaMikapianoriff.JPG.b7fb969c077ab4e360794d52cb34a8bf.JPG

This is played throughout the verses then chords for the chorus are:

A
It might be big, it might be small
D
There ain't no paintings on the wall
G                                           C                      C/B   C/Bb
And the bed might not be long enough
A
The neighbours want us all to leave
D
Then they're callin' the police
G                                        C
Kick us out if they were strong enough (it's my house!)
A
Cause my house
G
Is your house
C                            D
There's room for yoooouuuuuuu
             A
It's my house!

Edited by ItsMichaeeel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/10/2017 at 7:54 PM, Poisonyoulove said:

 

For the first line, I'm hearing "Don't even try to temp me with a kiss at the Taj Mahal"


I'd also never have gotten this!! Great job!! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, mellody said:

@piattels, holding the leaning tower doesn't make sense in the context... it's about where his home is, that's why I'm also sure he sings "it's the only place I need".

 

I agree with you, it doesn't make sense for me :dunno:

 

On 5/10/2017 at 12:57 AM, ItsMichaeeel said:

So I'm hearing (and please correct me if you think I'm wrong):

Don't even try to tempt me with a ??? of my own
Or the leaning tower of Pisa cause I heard it's about to fall (oh no!)
There ain't no pyramids or palaces for me
Already got a home, it's the only place I need

It might be big, it might be small
There ain't no paintings on the wall
And the bed might not be long enough
The neighbours want us all to leave
And they're callin' the police
Kick us out if they were strong enough
It's my house!

It's my house, it's your house
There's room for you
It's my house!

 

On 6/10/2017 at 8:54 PM, Poisonyoulove said:

 

For the first line, I'm hearing "Don't even try to temp me with a kiss at the Taj Mahal"

 

I agree with @Poisonyoulove for the first line, even if I'm still in doubt for "the kiss" :blink:

I would change the bolded words with that's, then, cause (as @Poisonyoulove - again - suggested) and is :thumb_yello:

 

So I think it could be something like this:

 

Don't even try to tempt me with a kiss at the Taj Mahal
Or the leaning tower of Pisa cause I heard it's about to fall
There ain't no pyramids or palaces for me
Already got a home, that's the only place I need

It might be big, it might be small
There ain't no paintings on the wall
And the bed might not be long enough
The neighbours want us all to leave
Then they're callin' the police
Kick us out if they were strong enough
It's my house!

'Cause my house is your house
There's room for you
It's my house!

 

P.S. I listened from RAI2's official twitter here 

https://twitter.com/RaiDue/status/916302032931217419?s=09

Edited by Siri
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Siri said:

 

 

 

I agree with @Poisonyoulove for the first line, even if I'm still in doubt for "the kiss" :blink:

 

 

 

OMG, it's just now occurred to me, and it makes so much more sense... he's saying "the keys to the Taj Mahal"!  :doh:

Edited by Poisonyoulove
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Poisonyoulove said:

 

OMG, it's just now occurred to me, and it makes so much more sense... he's saying "the keys to the Taj Mahal"!  :doh:

Mind blown! Well done!! 😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Poisonyoulove said:

 

OMG, it's just now occurred to me, and it makes so much more sense... he's saying "the keys to the Taj Mahal"!  :doh:

OMG, you're right :yikes:!!! This makes much more sense! :thumb_yello:

But maybe "the keys of the Taj Mahal" ? 

Edited by Siri
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, ItsMichaeeel said:

If anyone plays piano by the way, I was super-bored and transcribed a little of what we have.

Here's the piano riff Mika plays in the first snippet:

59da90db7c680_CasaMikapianoriff.JPG.b7fb969c077ab4e360794d52cb34a8bf.JPG

This is played throughout the verses then chords for the chorus are:

A
It might be big, it might be small
D
There ain't no paintings on the wall
G                                           C                      C/B   C/Bb
And the bed might not be long enough
A
The neighbours want us all to leave
D
Then they're callin' the police
G                                        C
Kick us out if they were strong enough (it's my house!)
A
Cause my house
G
Is your house
C                            D
There's room for yoooouuuuuuu
             A
It's my house!

 

Thanks a lot for this! :flowers2:

 

9 hours ago, Poisonyoulove said:

 

OMG, it's just now occurred to me, and it makes so much more sense... he's saying "the keys to the Taj Mahal"!  :doh:

 

Keys!! That's right!! You just gave me the solution for a big question mark, great job :teehee: 

Edited by sara09

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, great job everyone!!! :thumb_yello: It seems we're getting closer and closer to the real lyrics.:cloud: It's really fun.
So, if this artcle is correct, the title is written like this "It’s my House" with capital H. 
http://www.iodonna.it/personaggi/interviste-gallery/2017/10/13/mika-io-e-il-mio-compagno-andreas-siamo-piu-tradizionalisti-della-famiglia/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now