Mika high profile supporter UHNCR in Milan

Lorlore

1 hour ago, mellody said:

I suppose they weren't invited by Mika but paid to be there, same way I came to attend the Rose d'Or Awards. ;) Anyway I wasn't at this gala, but I'm sure @Gabry74 can answer your question.

Yes, we paid to be at the event! The amount went to charity! :thumb_yello:

• Like 6

Marie Clair Italy

http://www.marieclaire.it/Attualita/news-appuntamenti/come-aiutare-i-rifugiati

«Per garantire un anno di scuola a un bambino rifugiato bastano 22 euro»

Siamo stati alla cena charity di UNHCR con Mika.

Il risultato? 4300 bambini rifugiati potranno tornare a scuola.

• di Marta Stella - 10 Novembre 2017 - 17:28

«Per garantire un anno di scuola a un bambino rifugiato bastano 22 euro»,

dice al microfono Mika scandendo con grazia e parsimonia le parole mentre calpesta divertito il prato che ha ricoperto per una sera gli spazi dei Frigoriferi Milanesi. L'occasione è la cena di beneficenza organizzata a Milano da UNHCR, che da 65 anni si occupa della tutela dei diritti e del benessere dei rifugiati in tutto il mondo e quindi di "garantire anche un’istruzione di qualità ai bambini rifugiati in fuga da conflitti e violenza".

UNHCR ci informa che oggi "al mondo ci sono circa 3,5 milioni di bambini rifugiati che non hanno la possibilità di andare a scuola". Non è un caso che il cantante sia qui: l'Alto Commissariato delle Nazioni Unite per i Rifugiati l'ha scelto infatti come uno dei suoi testimonial internazionali (come Elisa Sednaoui, che abbiamo seguito fino a Beirut). Tant'è che proprio insieme a UNHCR due anni fa si è messo anche lui alla volta del Libano, la sua terra d'origine, per un viaggio esplorativo che gli ha permesso di incontrare e conoscere le storie di tutte le persone fuggite dalla guerra in Siria assistite dall'organizzazione.

«Scappando da violenze e guerre i rifugiati sono socialmente ed economicamente emarginati»,

ha spiegato Mika scandendo nuovamente con grazia le parole del discorso che racconta di «aver scritto sul divano alle sei meno un quarto del mattino», dopo la registrazione di Stasera CasaMika, il programma in onda alle 21.20 su Rai2 che conduce affiancato da Luciana Litizzetto.

«I bambini, poi, diventano vittime di sfruttamento, lavoro minorile o di matrimoni precoci a cui vengono obbligati per mantenere le proprie famiglie. L'istruzione è un diritto umano inalienabile».

Il risultato della cena, organizzata con il main partner UNIPOL?

4300 bambini rifugiati potranno tornare a scuola grazie alle donazioni di aziende, fondazioni, ospiti presenti alla serata e artisti. Vedi Mimmo Paladino, che ha donato una sua opera esposta durante l'evento. I fondi saranno così destinati al programma Educate a Child, avviato da UNHCR nel 2012 in dodici paesi, tra cui la Siria e il Kenya, e che ha già permesso l'accesso o il ritorno all'istruzione a circa 1 milione di bambini. «Siamo felici del risultato raggiunto grazie a questa serata. Ci teniamo a ringraziare tutti i nostri sostenitori che hanno generosamente contribuito all’obiettivo finale - ha commentato Stephane Jaquemet, delegato dell’UNHCR per il Sud Europa - Per l’UNHCR l’istruzione dei bambini rifugiati è una priorità assoluta. Per un bambino rifugiato la scuola infatti è una risorsa fondamentale sia per la sua sopravvivenza che soprattutto per la costruzione di un futuro dignitoso dopo tanta sofferenza».

Spoiler

"To ensure a school year for a refugee child is enough for 22 euros"

We were at UNHCR's charity dinner with Mika.

The result? 4300 refugee children will be able to return to school.

• by Marta Stella - November 10, 2017 - 17:28

«To secure a school year for a refugee child is enough for 22 euros,» 

he says to Mika's microphone, sparking with grace and parsimony the words as he knocked on the lawn that covered the spaces of the Milanese Fridges for one evening. The occasion is the charity dinner organized in Milan by UNHCR, which for 65 years is concerned with the protection of the rights and well-being of refugees around the world and therefore "also guarantees quality education for refugee children fleeing from conflicts and violence ".

UNHCR informs us that today "there are around 3.5 million refugee children in the world who do not have the opportunity to go to school". It is no coincidence that the singer is here: the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees has chosen him as one of his international testimonials (like Elisa Sednaoui, who followed up to Beirut). So much so that he and UNHCR, two years ago, also took him to Lebanon, his home country, for an exploratory trip that allowed him to meet and hear the stories of all the people fleeing the war in Syria assisted by the organization.

«By escaping from violence and wars, refugees are socially and economically marginalized»,

Mika explained, graciously reaping the words of the talk that "wrote on the couch at six o'clock in the morning», after the recording of Tonight CasaMika, the program aired at 9.20 pm on Rai2 leading alongside Luciana Litizzetto.

«Children, then, become victims of exploitation, child labor or early marriages to which they are forced to maintain their families. Education is an inalienable human right»

The result of the dinner, organized with the main partner UNIPOL?

4300 refugee children will be able to return to school thanks to the donations of companies, foundations, guests present at the evening and artists. See Mimmo Paladino, who has donated his work exhibited during the event. The funds will be allocated to the Educated Child program, launched by UNHCR in 2012 in twelve countries, including Syria and Kenya, which has already allowed access to or return to education to around 1 million children. «We are delighted with the result achieved this evening. We are grateful to all of our supporters who have generously contributed to the ultimate goal - commented Stephane Jaquemet, UNHCR delegate for South Europe - UNHCR's education for refugee children is a top priority. For a refugee child, the school is a fundamental resource for both its survival and, above all, for the construction of a dignified future after so much suffering»

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Finally !!

:bow: Could anyone translate Mika's speech ?

Una serata charity unconventional presso lo Spazio Cubo dei Frigoriferi Milanesi ha regalato a 4.300 bambini rifugiati la possibilità di andare a scuola.

Ospite d’onore della serata MIKA, da tempo impegnato al fianco dei rifugiati, che ha condiviso con gli ospiti una bellissima riflessione sul potere dell’istruzione, insieme con i racconti della sua missione tra i rifugiati siriani in Libano.

An unconventional charity evening at the Spazio Cubo dei Frigoriferi Milanesi gave 4,300 refugee children the opportunity to go to school. Guest of honor of the MIKA evening, long committed to the refugees' side, who shared with the guests a wonderful reflection on the power of education, together with the stories of his mission among Syrian refugees in Lebanon.

• Like 4

UNHCR Italia has updated their site.

welcome-to-wonderland#

“Welcome To Wonderland”
Milano, 9 novembre 2017

Una serata charity unconventional presso lo Spazio Cubo dei Frigoriferi Milanesi ha regalato a 4.300 bambini rifugiati la possibilità di andare a scuola.

Ospite d’onore della serata MIKA, da tempo impegnato al fianco dei rifugiati, che ha condiviso con gli ospiti una bellissima riflessione sul potere dell’istruzione, insieme con i racconti della sua missione tra i rifugiati siriani in Libano.

A salutare aziende, fondazioni ed grandi donatori italiani dell’UNHCR anche Lorena Bianchetti, testimonial dell’organizzazione dal 2013, e Raz Degan.

Grazie ad un allestimento sorprendente, gli ospiti hanno vissuto un’esperienza magica nel mondo di “Alice nel Paese delle Meraviglie”, che ha fatto da preludio all’incontro con la realtà drammatica vissuta dai bambini in fuga a causa dei conflitti. Incastonata tra i sorprendenti arredi anche un’opera mai presentata prima in pubblico con la quale il Maestro Mimmo Paladino ha voluto contribuire personalmente all’obiettivo dell’evento.

La serata ha beneficiato del contributo, in qualità di Main Partner, di Unipol, da tempo generoso sostenitore dei programmi dell’UNHCR, e del sostegno dei partner tecnici Cantine Settesoli, Diferente, Young&Rubicam e Negri Firman.

I proventi della serata sono stati devoluti a Educate a Child, il programma dell’UNHCR attivo in 12 paesi, che dal 2012 ha già garantito l’accesso all’istruzione ad 1 milione di bambini in fuga dai conflitti.

L’UNHCR ringrazia calorosamente tutte le aziende che hanno partecipato a Welcome to Wonderland: ADECCO, ALLIANZ SPA, BARILLA, BORSA ITALIANA, GENERAL PACKING, GUCCI, MEDIAEXCHANGE, MONCLER, PIRELLI, PHINANCE PARTNERS, PUPA, REDEMPTION, SAP, THOMPSON REUTERS, WILD PLACES SAFARIS, YOOX, INC, INNOVAIRE, INTHERA, MELA COMMUNICATION, METADONORS, ORCIANI, SPORT WISE, TERNA.

Un ringraziamento particolare per il loro impegno personale va a Domenico Paladino, Massimiliano Sortino e a Lorella Lorenzini.

Google translator

Spoiler

"Welcome To Wonderland"
Milan, 9 November 2017

An unconventional charity evening at the Spazio Cubo dei Frigoriferi Milanesi gave 4,300 refugee children the opportunity to go to school.

Guest of honor of the MIKA evening, long committed to the refugees' side, who shared with the guests a wonderful reflection on the power of education, together with the stories of his mission among Syrian refugees in Lebanon.

To greet companies, foundations and great Italian donors of UNHCR also Lorena Bianchetti, testimonial of the organization since 2013, and Raz Degan.

Thanks to an amazing setting, guests have had a magical experience in the world of "Alice in Wonderland", which was the prelude to the encounter with the dramatic reality experienced by children fleeing because of conflicts. Also set among the surprising furnishings is a work never before presented in public with which Maestro Mimmo Paladino has personally contributed to the goal of the event.

The evening benefited from the contribution, as Main Partner, of Unipol, a long-time supporter of UNHCR programs, and of the support of the technical partners Cantine Settesoli, Diferente, Young & Rubicam and Negri Firman.

The proceeds from the evening were donated to Educate a Child, the UNHCR program active in 12 countries, which since 2012 has already guaranteed access to education for 1 million children fleeing conflict.

UNHCR would like to thank all the companies that have participated in Welcome to Wonderland: ADECCO, ALLIANZ SPA, BARILLA, ITALIAN BAG, GENERAL PACKING, GUCCI, MEDIAEXCHANGE, MONCLER, PIRELLI, PHINANCE PARTNERS, PUPA, REDEMPTION, SAP, THOMPSON REUTERS, WILD PLACES SAFARIS, YOOX, INC, INNOVAIRE, INTHERA, APPLE COMMUNICATION, METADONORS, ORCIANI, SPORT WISE, TERNA.

A special thanks for their personal commitment goes to Domenico Paladino, Massimiliano Sortino and Lorella Lorenzini.

PICS

AD5I9424_1_crop.thumb.jpg.b61d07a2dc2b81dabf53b45c3ef088fb.jpg

Spoiler

AD5I9424_1..thumb.jpg.73444888c50b69132a43b8a5c9dfb12f.jpg

UNHCR_Stephane_Jaquemet_e_Mika2.thumb.jpg.c04fb5222fa92b716c4cdf2753bf5985.jpg

UNHCR_Mika3.thumb.jpg.a847179b72952feb1e294f776d101987.jpg

UNHCR_Mika_speech2.thumb.jpg.949ddf7d1bd5faadeb05a67a6da25e6d.jpg

UNHCR_Mika.thumb.jpg.0392cedbce9fbc018c7cf5f2385b2668.jpg

UNHCR_Mika2.thumb.jpg.d0a58ccf47dca7adf504c8abacf9ee75.jpg

UNHCR_Mika_e_Stephane_Jaquemet2.thumb.jpg.50ccc70a0dfc71c4a77281f3d715e20e.jpg

AD5I9279.thumb.jpg.c77e39e6c2574481dc6ba7de5a9a3876.jpg

UNHCR_Mika_speech.thumb.jpg.d8b79700135bed40a2201d40a472492f.jpg

UNHCR_Mika_e_Stephane_Jaquemet3.thumb.jpg.5e5a7daacd1805588a1f9c68574317f8.jpg

UNHCR_Mika_e_Stephane_Jaquemet.thumb.jpg.2a1bb5c70710ba3f8f2c13d501abf0d5.jpg

UNHCR_Mika_e_Stefano_Genovese.thumb.jpg.6e717c240ea366ce67870b1b7bc04ba0.jpg

UNHCR_Mika_e_Lorena_Bianchetti_2.thumb.jpg.6d100eb5cc2a1019d9a31076eae61cc9.jpg

5a28483fc8f25_UNCHR_Mika_e_Stephane_Jaquemet(1).thumb.jpg.d8c2c09288e2e1de25ae5a87f4154238.jpg

UNHCR_Mika_e_Lorena_Bianchetti_3.thumb.jpg.ed5dd617b94ddf0d15e2f1ab48c2f946.jpg

AD5I9451.thumb.jpg.25d4ae892877fcae90c76314a0e5993d.jpg

AD5I9357.thumb.jpg.3ca07a11a1fda53c2e100d744864ca23.jpg

AD5I9424_1.thumb.jpg.e871b8974465be2ead441e555dfa711c.jpg

AD5I9333.thumb.jpg.191f02dd34b680971f9dbd3dfb80193a.jpg

AD5I9424.thumb.jpg.469e7a852f66398b7670f486aa858041.jpg

AD5I9345.thumb.jpg.e41243aa1868a33e5c0ab0ddabf270f1.jpg

AD5I9292.thumb.jpg.6669863835bb471656a25409d9096b49.jpg

AD5I9311.thumb.jpg.25c7957c15c2fac24d0d7c23d9e847d5.jpg

AD5I9253.thumb.jpg.c891ed1d87f65b173e8209c72a24def7.jpg

AD5I9300.thumb.jpg.3497a09515c097ee495ecba246dfc952.jpg

AD5I9261.thumb.jpg.135d967d75b4f55ad3028d49cacf3439.jpg

AD5I9279_1.thumb.jpg.1f55f0efb6986b1fc6649614aa769b3c.jpg

1 hour ago, Kumazzz said:

Finally !!

:bow: Could anyone translate Mika's speech ?

An unconventional charity evening at the Spazio Cubo dei Frigoriferi Milanesi gave 4,300 refugee children the opportunity to go to school. Guest of honor of the MIKA evening, long committed to the refugees' side, who shared with the guests a wonderful reflection on the power of education, together with the stories of his mission among Syrian refugees in Lebanon.

Thanks for sharing, Eriko! Here's what he says :)

First part: "Education is simultaneously an inalienable human right, an essential means to achieve other human and civil rights."

Second part: "If I have hands, I want to draw. If I have a voice, I want to sing and laugh. If I have feet, I want to run and dance. If I have a mind and a heart, I want to dream. And my dreams change my reality. Education gives strength to refugees, to grow their ability, to transform their own dreams in reality. A refugee's status can not be an obstacle or an impediment for a refugee's dreams." 

• Thanks 3