Mika's collaboration with Pilot!

NaoMika

34 minutes ago, Fan1955 said:

From a practical point of view the packs of pens are probably already in production, the ad campaign planned etc. The packaging would have to be altered to state that a percentage of the proceeds are going to UNHCR. I do support a polite request and have signed/shared the petition on facebook (I manage to cope with social media despite my advanced years lol!)

Yes, you're probably right on that, i thought of that too. But well, as the legendary Chris Martin once said: if you never try you'll never know! 😝

At this point i don't think it's going to happen anymore, but we gathered over 200 signatures, and it was great to see the fandom united for a good cause, so we surely did get something good out of it! 😄

• Like 1

https://www.insights-x.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Insights-X-2017-Innovation-report-EN.pdf

To  mark PILOT  PEN’s centenary,  well-known  pop  singer
MIKA has redesigned  the  best-selling FriXion  Ball, lending  it  a  colourful  new  look.
The  refill  with  a  high-grade stainlesssteel tip offers durability and plenty of resistance to pressure.
The limited “MIKA”edition is available in six colours and only throughout 2018. In addition to the FriXion Ball,
MIKA has also revamped  the  design  of  two  other  best-selling  products:
the FriXion  Clicker and the G2-7. Textmarkers are great forhighlighting
important facts and figures.

• Like 1

Belgium:belgium:

Flash Magazine

https://www.flashmagazine.be/coverstory/wereldster-mika-ontwerpt-pilot-pennen/

Wereldster Mika ontwerpt Pilot-pennen

• 29/11/2017

Niemand minder dan de ‘Grace Kelly’-zanger Mika ontwierp de verjaardagscollectie van Pilot. De gekende pennenfabrikant blaast in 2018 namelijk maar liefst 100 kaarsjes uit. En dat wordt gevierd met onder andere de ‘Pilot by Mika’-collectie.

“Ik vind het fantastisch om de 100ste verjaardag van Pilot met de wereld te vieren en heb dan ook mijn uiterste best gedaan voor dit speciaal project”, aldus Mika.

Het popidool liet zich voor deze reeks van zijn meest creatieve kant zien. Resultaat? Een kleurrijke, leuke en speciale Pilot-pennen collectie. Wij zijn alvast fan!

Pilot by Mika

Al 100 jaar staat Pilot voor kwaliteitspennen en schrijfplezier. Omdat je niet iedere dag 100 jaar wordt, besloot de alom bekende pennenfabrikant uit te pakken met de ‘Pilot by Mika’-collectie. Een reeks klassiekers in een nieuw jasje. En dat door popidool Mika. Hij is al van kinds af aan een heuse Pilot-fan en is dan ook erg trots om aan dit project mee te werken. En dat onder het motto: voor de 100ste verjaardag mag het al wat specialer zijn.

“Ik heb enorm veel liefde gestoken in deze speciale samenwerking. Voor mij voelt het dan ook alsof de cirkel rond is. Ik beleef mijn kindertijd opnieuw met Pilot. En deze keer heb ik de pennen zelf ontworpen. Dat vind ik heel spannend” (Mika).

De ‘Pilot by Mika’ collectie wordt in januari gelanceerd. Vanaf dan kan je de pennen kopen in een brede waaier aan winkels. Zo kan jij aan de start van het nieuwe jaar je favoriete designs in huis halen.

Klassiekers in een nieuw jasje

Pilot staat voor ‘happy writing’. Dat is plezier beleven aan schrijven, tekenen en kribbelen. En daarvoor ontwikkelde de fabrikant een pen voor ieders hand. Van klassieke balpennen tot vulpennen. Er is voor ieder wat wils. En het zijn de toppers uit deze verschillende categorieën die in de verjaardagscollectie onder handen werden genomen.

Zo werd ten eerste de V5-collectie heruitgevonden. Deze vloeibare inkt roller maakt al sinds de jaren 80 deel uit van het Pilot-assortiment, en is nog steeds een bestseller. Daarnaast werden ook de G2-gelrollers voorzien van een leuk design. Deze exemplaren waren al ’s werelds best verkochte balpen. Ten slotte ontwierp Mika ook een feestelijke versie van de FriXion-pennen. Dit is Pilots best verkopende gamma. Dankzij de revolutionaire warmtegevoelige inkt kan je met deze pennen zo vaak als je wil van gedachten veranderen. Want de inkt is uitwisbaar en je kan er meteen weer over schrijven.

Google translator

Spoiler

World star Mika designs Pilot pens

29/11/2017

None other than the 'Grace Kelly' singer Mika designed the anniversary collection of Pilot. The known pen manufacturer blows out as many as 100 candles in 2018. And that is celebrated with, among other things, the 'Pilot by Mika' collection.

"I think it is fantastic to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Pilot with the world and I have done my very best for this special project", says Mika.

The pop idol showed itself for this series from its most creative side. Result? A colorful, fun and special Pilot pens collection. We are already a fan!

Pilot by Mika

For 100 years, Pilot has stood for quality pens and writing fun. Because you do not become 100 years old every day, the well-known pen manufacturer decided to unpack with the 'Pilot by Mika' collection. A series of classics in a new jacket. And that by pop idol Mika. He has been a real Pilot fan since childhood and is therefore very proud to work on this project. And that under the motto: for the 100th birthday it may be more special.

"I have put a lot of love into this special collaboration. For me it feels like the circle is round. I experience my childhood again with Pilot. And this time I designed the pens myself. I find that very exciting "(Mika).

The 'Pilot by Mika' collection will be launched in January. From then on you can buy the pens in a wide range of shops. This way you can pick up your favorite designs at home at the start of the new year.

Classics in a new jacket

Pilot stands for 'happy writing'. That is to enjoy writing, drawing and wrangling. And for that the manufacturer developed a pen for everyone's hand. From classic ballpoint pens to fountain pens. There is something for everyone. And it is the toppers from these different categories that were taken care of in the anniversary collection.

Thus, firstly, the V5 collection was reinvented. This liquid ink roller has been part of the Pilot range since the 1980s, and is still a bestseller. In addition, the G2 gel rollers were also provided with a nice design. These copies were already the world's best-selling ballpoint pen. Finally, Mika also designed a festive version of the FriXion pens. This is Pilots best selling range. Thanks to the revolutionary heat-sensitive ink, you can change your mind with these pens as often as you like. Because the ink is erasable and you can immediately write about it again.

Mika-ontwerpt-Pilot-pen.thumb.jpg.b1f0788018bccbc57ca66a0fda7a36fd.jpg

Mika-pen-1.thumb.jpg.2d7152fa8e220e11a2a63f371ab7a763.jpg

Mika-pen-2.thumb.jpg.d08d20b2403d23606750bae51fcc4d71.jpg

Mika-pen-3.thumb.jpg.300c6c97a3751b56e13b815f5aa3c617.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

super nouvelle ,

moi et mon fils Clement 9 ans et demi (hyper Fan de Mika lui aussi ) avons hâte de les trouver en vente dès leur sortie ,

LOL quand je vais en magasin ,mon fils a "deja le reflexe " d'aller voir en rayon si ils y sont hi hi hi j'adore :D 

Pour la toute 1ere fois j'ai pu emmener mon fils decouvrir  le tournage de THE VOICE ce jeudi 14 decembre avec 6h de route (pareil au retour on etait KO dur dur l'ecole apres le pauvre )

pour voir Mika , on l'a vu beaucoup trop vite à la sortie  mais GRAND HELAS  pas eu le temps qu'il ait eu un autographe de Mika ou une petite photo pour lui (trop de monde le poussait  le

pauvre  :(:(:(  il etait deçu du coup :( )

Du coup je lui ai dit qu'il lui ecrira une petite lettre à Mika pour lui demander une petite photo dedicacée mais le soucis je ne sais pas  à quelle adresse mon fils Clement 9 ans peut lui

envoyer un courrier  :(:( 

Est ce quelqu'un pourrait nous aider pour les coordonnées ou envoyer la lettre de mon fils ?? helpp 

Merci par avance 

Cordialement,

Nathalie MICHELER  44 ans et Clement HUEBER--MICHELER  9 ans et demi  Supers Fans de Mika :) <3

https://www.facebook.com/nathaliemicheler

https://twitter.com/ytane54830

https://www.instagram.com/nathalie.micheler/

Edited by ytane54830

1 hour ago, ytane54830 said:

super nouvelle ,

moi et mon fils Clement 9 ans et demi (hyper Fan de Mika lui aussi ) avons hâte de les trouver en vente dès leur sortie ,

LOL quand je vais en magasin ,mon fils a "deja le reflexe " d'aller voir en rayon si ils y sont hi hi hi j'adore :D 

Pour la toute 1ere fois j'ai pu emmener mon fils decouvrir  le tournage de THE VOICE ce jeudi 14 decembre avec 6h de route (pareil au retour on etait KO dur dur l'ecole apres le pauvre )

pour voir Mika , on l'a vu beaucoup trop vite à la sortie  mais GRAND HELAS  pas eu le temps qu'il ait eu un autographe de Mika ou une petite photo pour lui (trop de monde le poussait  le

pauvre  :(:(:(  il etait deçu du coup :( )

Du coup je lui ai dit qu'il lui ecrira une petite lettre à Mika pour lui demander une petite photo dedicacée mais le soucis je ne sais pas  à quelle adresse mon fils Clement 9 ans peut lui

envoyer un courrier  :(:( 

Est ce quelqu'un pourrait nous aider pour les coordonnées ou envoyer la lettre de mon fils ?? helpp 

Merci par avance 

Cordialement,

Nathalie MICHELER  44 ans et Clement HUEBER--MICHELER  9 ans et demi  Supers Fans de Mika :) <3

https://www.facebook.com/nathaliemicheler

https://twitter.com/ytane54830

https://www.instagram.com/nathalie.micheler/

Welcome to MFC Nathalie. You can write to this adress but I don´t know if they will send out autographs

MIKA

c/o Machine Managment

Studio 16

London Fields Studios

11 - 17 Exmouth Place

London E8  3RW

UK

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Sabine64 said:

Welcome to MFC Nathalie. You can write to this adress but I don´t know if they will send out autographs

MIKA

c/o Machine Managment

Studio 16

London Fields Studios

11 - 17 Exmouth Place

London E8  3RW

UK

Bonjour ,

Merci infiniment  pour votre grand coeur <3  je viens de lui lire a Clement votre message , il en est super content  il a hâte de lui ecrire sa lettre ,

encore mille mercis  :D 

vous faites un heureux  et sa maman aussi <3

nathalie micheler et son fils Clement  <3

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HeavenlyAthena said:

Do you guys know when it Will come out? Or has it already? I live in sweden and i really hope i can buy them! 😭❤️

The pens are due to be officially announced in January and will be available for sale then. I'm not sure where they will be sold, but I'm pretty sure that we'll have some to giveaway for our competitions, so stay tuned ! :)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 8

4 hours ago, dcdeb said:

The pens are due to be officially announced in January and will be available for sale then. I'm not sure where they will be sold, but I'm pretty sure that we'll have some to giveaway for our competitions, so stay tuned ! :)

ok merci on reste sur MFC

• Like 1

OPI

https://www.opi.net/

Vendor Profile: Pilot

Editorial, 22 December 2017

https://www.opi.net/issues/2018/decemberjanuary-20172018/features-decemberjanuary-20172018/vendor-profile-pilot

Celebrating with a splash – and a celebrity

OPI speaks to Ken Schoellhammer, European Brand Manager at Pilot Corporation of Europe about how the company is marking its anniversary in 2018

OPI: 100 years in business is a very special occasion. How are you planning to celebrate the event in Europe specifically in 2018? 

Ken Schoellhammer: It is indeed a very special occasion for our company. Marketing-wise, it is a great opportunity for an outstanding campaign. Awareness of the Pilot brand is generally good already in Europe, although it needs boosting in some countries.

One of our key priorities was to use this anniversary opportunity to highlight Pilot’s leading products. Of course we want to throw a big party to celebrate, but the aim of the party is also to raise our brand and product profile in the minds of our distributors as well as consumers. We wanted to come up with something very special and unique for this 100th anniversary.

Typically, you would launch a new range of products that embodies the special occasion. This would then be followed up with top-notch advertising material, a dedicated website, plenty of brand content, etc.

But we felt there was still something missing, a kind of special ‘wow’ factor that would make the campaign really stand out and be seen. Because, let’s face it: in our particular sector we don’t have the financial resources of industries such as automotive or high-tech. Pilot is probably the writing instruments’ brand that invests the most in media and advertising, but our share of voice still remains tiny in the universe of advertisers. 

OPI: So how can you be more visible with a limited budget – what did you come up with?

KS: We explored the concept of a celebrity endorsement. This type of campaign can build brand equity and awareness. You have to be careful though as there can be pitfalls. It could be the celebrity overshadowing the brand, so even if the ad recall is good but brand attribution weak, the campaign overall cannot be considered a success. 

When we started on this path, we set ourselves a list of objective criteria: the international character of the celebrity, because the playground for this particular campaign is Europe; his/her cross-generational appeal; and perhaps most importantly how he/she resonates with the type of product we manufacture. As a marketer, I see myself as a constant gardener – my approach is perennial and I’m not looking for one-shots that provoke a big spike in noise and activity that cannot be sustained over time.

My belief is that there has to be a connection at a deeper level. Obviously, Nike and Michael Jordan come to mind as the most successful endorsement ever, but very often it is about piggy-backing on a famous celebrity just because he/she is famous. 

Mika, the celebrity we chose to partner with and who accepted our proposal, ticked many of our criteria boxes. He is best known as a singer obviously. But first and foremost, he is an artist. An artist who has chosen music as his preferred way of expressing a unique worldview. But that’s not it. His tailor-made, unique outfits he wears on stage – the design of which he is very much involved in – and past collaborations with Coca Cola and Swatch designing limited-edition products all show that he has expressed his creative side outside of the music industry. 

He has had tremendous success as a TV personality and has appeared on The Voice in France and The X-Factor in the UK. In September 2017, Mika won the prestigious Rose d’Or international television award for best entertainment programme for his variety show Stasera Casa Mika in Italy. All of this speaks volumes about his creative mind. 

Pilot Corporation of Europe, meanwhile, began work on its communication platform #happywriting in 2014. This ongoing campaign celebrates the emotional aspects of physically holding a writing instrument and explores issues such as creativity, self-expression, relaxation, learning and connecting with others. 

Mika, as part of our anniversary campaign and with #happywriting in mind, was thrilled to have the opportunity to redecorate a number of pens that have been a part of his life since childhood.

Overall, we felt there was a real fit and a real connection between Pilot, its products and Mika.

OPI: Tell me a bit more about these limited editions that Mika created with you?

KS: The limited editions by Mika encompass the four bestselling ranges of the Pilot rollerball family, each in six colours: G2, V5, FriXion Ball and Clicker. That’s 24 designs overall. These will be on the market only during Pilot’s 2018 anniversary year. The idea is that Mika’s world is reflected on each of these 24 pens – colourful, weird, fun, unique, full of energy and life. 

The 24 writing instruments form an eclectic mix and are based on a number of themes: pop culture, Pilot’s maritime origins and candy stores. Another inspiration came from the popularity of collectable cards, so each of the four ranges is like a family of unique pens that consumers can collect and enjoy together.

Apart from these limited editions that represent the core of our anniversary campaign, we’re supplementing and underpinning this with a whole range of marketing and advertising collateral. This includes an exciting new television commercial directed by the very talented Lukas Zanotto and production company TroubleMakers; a dedicated website, and of course a whole array of POS for the mass market, retailers, superstores, etc. Overall, I’m confident that we have covered all bases.

OPI: What has been the reaction from your distribution partners? 

KS: Reactions from our distribution partners across Europe have been excellent. In those countries where Mika is best known, such as southern Europe or the UK, the response has been particularly enthusiastic. But even in nations like Germany where Mika doesn’t enjoy the same celebrity status, reactions have been very positive because of the sheer attraction, energy and momentum of the limited editions as well as the marketing assets and tools that we have produced. 

Everyone has been complimentary about our 100th anniversary and how we’ve chosen to celebrate it in our own unique style. On a more pragmatic note, I believe there’s a real sense among our partners that the whole campaign has enough gravitas and attraction to actually increase sales – and that is, very bluntly-speaking, what ultimately matters the most to them! 

OPI: Your celebration year is obviously only just kicking off, but what is your view now – almost in hindsight – on collaboration with non-industry personalities and celebrities?

KS: I believe that collaboration with external talent is definitely something we should be looking at again in the future. It’s positive to expose our company to new energies, inspiration and influences from outside our industry. I will never forget my favourite-ever brand campaign of Absolut Vodka which started with the successful collaboration of musicians and artists – including Andy Warhol – in New York in the 1980s. 

The collaboration with artists fits in well with Pilot’s ethos and what we do, and it can be a very powerful combination. We also, for example, began work with artists for the Pilot Pintor, our new paint marker range in 2017, producing videos of their creations.

25791025_1540822582660010_8274954404274235601_o.jpg

_20180104_140305.JPG

Edited by NaoMika
Added attached image
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2

:blush-anim-cl: Thanks a lot NaoMika, for sharing this interview! :hug: It made me very happy and proud,  to read why Pilot chose MIKA! :wub:  I hope I'll be able to buy  at least some of these Pilot pens, and add it to my other MIKA treasures...:wink2: 

Merry  Christmas everybody - all over the world! :newyear:

Love, love

me

• Like 7

Hi :bye:

Auchan supermarkets will have the friction ones on sale starting January 3rd with a 50% discount if you have Auchan card (which is free) but that only applies in France and if you have Auchan supermarket close to where you live. I'm glad they'll be sold in supermarkets so easier to find than other Mika designed objects :biggrin2: 

Scroll down to see them please

http://anti-crise.fr/les-catalogues/auchan/catalogue-auchan-du-3-au-9-janvier-2018/#page0

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Hi :bye:

Auchan supermarkets will have the friction ones on sale starting January 3rd with a 50% discount if you have Auchan card (which is free) but that only applies in France and if you have Auchan supermarket close to where you live. I'm glad they'll be sold in supermarkets so easier to find than other Mika designed objects :biggrin2: 

Scroll down to see them please

http://anti-crise.fr/les-catalogues/auchan/catalogue-auchan-du-3-au-9-janvier-2018/#page0

Thanks a lot for posting the link !!!

on page 55.

http://anti-crise.fr/les-catalogues/auchan/catalogue-auchan-du-3-au-9-janvier-2018/#page54

janvier2018-Catalogue-Auchan-du-3-au-9-janvier-2018-55-crop.thumb.jpg.1214365f38ebd09daac1c343b9990be4.jpg

janvier2018-Catalogue-Auchan-du-3-au-9-janvier-2018-55.thumb.jpg.e2397f24dccf712701aa161bb3e68f9c.jpg

• Like 2