giraffeandy

There aren't any new responses today so it's time to post the results... Please keep in mind that it's based on the opinion of just about 50 fans and the differences in average ratings are sometimes really narrow (just hundredth of a point!) so don't take it too serious. :wink2: I saw that the order in some parts was changing quite a lot during the survey (especially the order of songs from NPIH). What surprised you the most? (the individual parts in the document are sorted by rating and you can see in the table how many percent of fans rated the item with 1 to 10 stars)

FanSurvey_results.pdf

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

There aren't any new responses today so it's time to post the results... Please keep in mind that it's based on the opinion of just about 50 fans and the differences in average ratings are sometimes really narrow (just hundredth of a point!) so don't take it too serious. :wink2: I saw that the order in some parts was changing quite a lot during the survey (especially the order of songs from NPIH). What surprised you the most? (the individual parts in the document are sorted by rating and you can see in the table how many percent of fans rated the item with 1 to 10 stars)

FanSurvey_results.pdf

I was suprised that Ordinary Man and Last Party are in the bottom half of No Place in Heaven, and the order of that album in general to be honest.  Obviously the two songs still have good scores, but I thought that they would be higher.

I'm also surprised at the position of My Interpretation; I rather like that one! 

It also appears that Make You Happy isn't as liked as the other songs, and I would agree that this is my least favourite.  (Although I still like it - MIKA just sets a very high bar for himself!)  :wink2:

Thanks for doing this survey, it was really interesting to see a breakdown like this!

Edited by Charlizabeth
Missed off thank you
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Charlizabeth said:

I was suprised that Ordinary Man and Last Party are in the bottom half of No Place in Heaven, and the order of that album in general to be honest.  Obviously the two songs still have good scores, but I thought that they would be higher.

I'm also surprised at the position of My Interpretation; I rather like that one! 

It also appears that Make You Happy isn't as liked as the other songs, and I would agree that this is my least favourite.  (Although I still like it - MIKA just sets a very high bar for himself!)  :wink2:

Thanks for doing this survey, it was really interesting to see a breakdown like this!

I agree, there are some really great songs placed in the bottom half but it's true that Mika has mostly just amazing or even more amazing songs so there aren't any "bad" songs to be placed at the bottom. :naughty: The orders of the songs on the other albums were quite clear from the beginning, they weren't changing that much during the survey, just sometimes two songs switched. However, the order of NPIH was changing a lot as I already mentioned and the differences are so narrow, maybe it's just because the album is so well-balanced, it's hard to pick a favourite. :) Actually it seemed for a long time that No Place In Heaven or Promiseland will be in the first place but it changed at the last moment...

Edited by giraffeandy
  • Like 2

To be honest I was surprised that Big Girl is the least favourite song from LICM... It isn't my favourite from that album but I still thought it's quite popular, I would expect it somewhere in the middle maybe.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

To be honest I was surprised that Big Girl is the least favourite song from LICM... It isn't my favourite from that album but I still thought it's quite popular, I would expect it somewhere in the middle maybe.

If you asked long-term fans which songs they would like dropped from Mika's gigs, Big Girl and Billy Brown would probably top the list - we just got fed up with hearing them :naughty:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, giraffeandy said:

FanSurvey_results.pdf

Now i've tried to look at the pdf, all i see is blank pages :blink:

EDIT - OK now - just took a vvvveeerrrryyy long time to load

48 minutes ago, silver said:

If you asked long-term fans which songs they would like dropped from Mika's gigs, Big Girl and Billy Brown would probably top the list - we just got fed up with hearing them :naughty:

I’ve never liked it, except for the live jazzy version he did in his last tour

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, cathouzouf said:

I’ve never liked it, except for the live jazzy version he did in his last tour

I have never really liked Billy Brown. And Make you happy is uninteresting for me compared with the other songs. ..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

FanSurvey_results.pdf

Thank you very much for this survey !  😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Boucarilla said:

I have never really liked Billy Brown. And Make you happy is uninteresting for me compared with the other songs. ..

BB is also my least favourite from the album (musically). I don't mind MYH in the orchestra version but I don't like the studio version because of the repetitive robotic voice (yeah I know it's on purpose).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Boucarilla said:

I aways love Make you happy, even more because the video/movie was filmed in Montreal. I love the message behing that song :)

• Like 1

Back to the albums I have to say that I mostly kind of agree with the order of the songs, my favourite songs from each album are placed at least in the upper half but NPIH is also a bit surprising for me as my favourite tracks are placed in the middle... However, as I wrote it's the most balanced album for me. And I personally agree with the overall order of the albums. And also with favourite music videos. :)

I love MYH and Billy Brown, this one especially live. I have never iiked "By The Time" always skip it and lately I find boring "Last Party"    I adore "No Plce In Heaven" the song, it's like a jewel to me. Anyway, each song brings me memories and feelings at different moments of my personal life and as a Mika fan. I'm very grateful to have his music in my life. :original:

• Like 1