giraffeandy

Honestly I'm not surprised that much with the results, however I didn't expect that Make You Happy will be somewhere at the end of the list. I quite like that song.

I noticed the funny thing, the orchestra versions have higher ratings than remixes, with which I totally agree :lmfao:

Thank you so much for the survey @giraffeandy, that was really interesting to take part in it :thumb_yello::flowers2:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dominika said:

Honestly I'm not surprised that much with the results, however I didn't expect that Make You Happy will be somewhere at the end of the list. I quite like that song.

I noticed the funny thing, the orchestra versions have higher ratings than remixes, with which I totally agree :lmfao:

Thank you so much for the survey @giraffeandy, that was really interesting to take part in it :thumb_yello::flowers2:

I wouldn't expect it otherwise, I don't like remixes in general and never listen to them (with the exception of Hurts, that remix is good even though I still like the original version better) and I love all the orchestra versions, some of them even more than the the studio version (this applies especially to some songs from TOOL, I prefer the orchestra arrangement).

• Like 3

Thanks for making this survey, @giraffeandy  ,it was interesting :thumb_yello:  And really difficult to rate each song, because most of them become so different when you hear them live comparing to the recorded version, and it's hard to be objective. Anyway, it was easy for me to choose the least favorite one in any possible version :rolleyes:  

However, I am surprised to see SATS above Last Party :shocked: .... and above many other great songs :shocked: ....   and at the same level as NPIH  :shocked: 

Really :shocked:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, krysady said:

Thanks for making this survey, @giraffeandy  ,it was interesting :thumb_yello:  And really difficult to rate each song, because most of them become so different when you hear them live comparing to the recorded version, and it's hard to be objective. Anyway, it was easy for me to choose the least favorite one in any possible version :rolleyes:  

However, I am surprised to see SATS above Last Party :shocked: .... and above many other great songs :shocked: ....   and at the same level as NPIH  :shocked: 

Really :shocked:

Honestly SATS is maybe my least favourite from NPIH... I like it but I like the rest of the songs better. :naughty: And Last Party is one of my favourites from the album (together with Good Guys, Hurts and Good Wife). So I understand your surprise. However, songs from NPIH have the best average rating so it's really close. :wink2:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

Honestly SATS is maybe my least favourite from NPIH... I like it but I like the rest of the songs better. :naughty: And Last Party is one of my favourites from the album (together with Good Guys, Hurts and Good Wife). So I understand your surprise. However, songs from NPIH have the best average rating so it's really close. :wink2:

It's funny how everyone has their favorite songs, like for example; SATS in my favorite on NPIH. (Along with a lot of others) :naughty: My least favorite song until now has the be Make You Happy though, I just... don't like it :naughty: 

• Like 1

Well, we're all different - it would be boring if we all liked the same.

Make You Happy is one of my personal favourites, though I hated it when I first heard it.  But as I realised what he was trying to do with the song, I really began to appreciate it.  I was surprised Promiseland and Porcelain didn't score higher.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

And Last Party is one of my favourites from the album (together with Good Guys, Hurts and Good Wife).

Good Wife it is my personal favorite from this album, it is a genuine Mika song :wub2:

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, krysady said:

Good Wife it is my personal favorite from this album, it is a genuine Mika song :wub2:

❤️ I love GW too, it's just really hard for me to choose only one favourite song, I mostly have 2-3 favourite songs from each album and 4 from NPIH which is my favourite one, it also depends on the current mood... I think it's great that every song has some fans, there's no unloved song. :biggrin2:

• Like 5

I guess it doesn't really surprise me that some of my favorites are towards the bottom.   Oh Girl You're the Devil,  and Dr. John, are two of my favorites, but I didn't expect them to do well.   :biggrin2:    But, Good Wife, and Lollipop, I'm genuinely surprised aren't higher.  I suppose Lollipop suffers from people being sick of it at every concert?  

I'm surprised too at how high up Staring at the Sun is, partly because I thought I remembered it being not as well liked when the album came out.  

And I'm surprised the video for Popular Song isn't higher, because it just amuses me so much. :pinkbow:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, silver said:

Well, we're all different - it would be boring if we all liked the same.

Make You Happy is one of my personal favourites, though I hated it when I first heard it.  But as I realised what he was trying to do with the song, I really began to appreciate it.  I was surprised Promiseland and Porcelain didn't score higher.

At the beginning I saw that Promiseland was in the first place, then it was for a long time second after No Place In Heaven... It also surprised me that it changed so much by the end since the rest remained more or less the same. However, the ratings were so similar that even one or two low ratings could cause the drop.

Edited by giraffeandy
  • Like 1

I remember we did a poll of the songs on TOOL and Stardust was far and away the favourite track - no-one could understand why it wasn't released as a single.  But it hasn't scored very well here.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, silver said:

I remember we did a poll of the songs on TOOL and Stardust was far and away the favourite track - no-one could understand why it wasn't released as a single.  But it hasn't scored very well here.

It's interesting because also according to this poll:

...it doesn't seem at all that Good Guys was the favourite track from NPIH back then so I didn't expect it to win now even though I like it a lot.

• Like 1

UPDATE: I haven't closed the survey for new responses yet so there's a updated version (I didn't expect any new responses since there weren't any coming but yesterday 3 new did) – https://www.dropbox.com/s/kkhz02n9wnol650/Report Saved Report.pdf?dl=0