Which Projects are Lurking

Anditwassummer

12 hours ago, dcdeb said:

I love this gif :fangurl:

I've never seen it before, where is it from?

2 hours ago, Boucarilla said:

For me it is from The Voice, isn't it @Dominika?

Yes, I think so too :naughty: but I don't know the details like in which season was it :teehee:
But if you're @dcdeb asking about the source, I got it from here: http://kristiagathe.tumblr.com/ :wink2:

• Like 1

When you get to a certain point in your life, and you are no longer struggling in so many ways (although always in your soul) what do you write about?  I don't know the answer to this for Mika but I will be curious to see the answer.  Maybe back to more storytelling about other people.  But mature work is less driven by the depth of feeling -  the anger, the yearning, the frustration, the alienation - than when you are young and need so much to let out those feelings.   Especially if life has been kind to you.  Of course, if his life comes apart at the seams and he has an early mid life crisis it's a different story.  

Also, for someone who is broadly creative, it makes sense for them to branch out.  And he seems to like to be busy busy busy.  A musical?  I could take twelve of his songs, create a story and a book, and drop them right in now.  A movie?  Why do you think that bit about the time travel was in Casa Mika?  I don't think it was enough of a story or characters to be a film yet, but I do think it was a test run.  Also, he could easily produce a project if he thought it was right for him.  A project about Gregory?  I would adore it.  More than a time travel project. A project about Lebanon?  Really,  can't you guys think so?  I don't think he will stop doing music, but it takes years between songs to live enough to have material unless you are looking back.  He is young for that. 

I spent years in the film industry as a story consultant etc and it was my job to catch things before anyone else.  You had to follow your instincts.  So I am doing that now.   I could be wrong.  But I still bet I am not.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I so much want to think he's doing music again. I love the thought of him writing music, just thinking of him creating makes me excited. I can almost picture an image of it in my head and feel the excitement in my stomach. I don't even care when the album is ready, just a thought of it makes me happy. And I let myself to dream about a few gigs after it's out. Not even tours, just gigs. And I actively remind myself that he probably has many other plans as well. Both dreams and plans. I could see him doing documents. I mean, I would like to see him talking about music and not only talking but also being filmed. I love it when he's talking about music, it's so his area. And I love it when he meets people like he did with the shepherd and the retired singers during Casa Mika. He seemed so genuinely interested in and touched by their stories. 

• Like 8

I also want him to do music.   But your passion is deeper than mine.  I just want him to do Something.  

Ah, documentaries.  Another great idea.  As is teaching.  What an excellent instructor he would be.  I would LOVE to take  songwriting workshop with him.  Or even see him do an in depth lecture.  Someone stop me.  I am making myself dizzy.

37 minutes ago, tiibet said:

I so much want to think he's doing music again. I love the thought of him writing music, just thinking of him creating makes me excited. I can almost picture an image of it in my head and feel the excitement in my stomach. I don't even care when the album is ready, just a thought of it makes me happy. And I let myself to dream about a few gigs after it's out. Not even tours, just gigs. And I actively remind myself that he probably has many other plans as well. Both dreams and plans. I could see him doing documents. I mean, I would like to see him talking about music and not only talking but also being filmed. I love it when he's talking about music, it's so his area. And I love it when he meets people like he did with the shepherd and the retired singers during Casa Mika. He seemed so genuinely interested in and touched by their stories. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Anditwassummer said:

I also want him to do music.   But your passion is deeper than mine.  I just want him to do Something.  

Ah, documentaries.  Another great idea.  As is teaching.  What an excellent instructor he would be.  I would LOVE to take  songwriting workshop with him.  Or even see him do an in depth lecture.  Someone stop me.  I am making myself dizzy.

Oh yes documentary is the correct word (but I hope my sentence made otherwise sense)! Too many possibilities for him indeed. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, tiibet said:

Oh yes documentary is the correct word (but I hope my sentence made otherwise sense)! Too many possibilities for him indeed. 

That’s why I’ll wait and see what the future will bring. I’ve never seen him as « just a singer » and it’s obvious he’s thriving doing many different projects, preferably at the same time (he’s just exhausting to follow).

of course, he’s a wonderful musician and singer and hope he will grace us with new songs soon :wub2:

• Like 5

I just read you and I found it very interesting !

I have never seen Mika as "just a singer" either. He is a complete artist with crazy creativity and huge imagination, and I think he has this need to express himself through art.

So of course he is a musician and a singer, but I do not think we should lock him up in one box, "he has to make music and just that." (I do not say that in relation to you directly !!)  Especially when you see how talented he is in his other projects too ! Watches, clothes, bottle, pens, all his drawings... And also Casa Mika, which has been a big project and a huge challenge for him, and I think that he completely nailed it, it was fantastic !

So personally, if he had to make or play in a movie, I would not mind if he thinks it's a good idea or if he really wants to do it.
For the musical, if it's one of his dreams for a long time I hope he will one day find the time to realize it, (even if it's already a really really really busy man !) and I'm sure it could be magical <3

And I'm completely sure that he will never give up music, we all know how important is it for him ! ^^ 

(I'm sorry for my probably bad english haha ! I try to do my best ! :blush-anim-cl:)

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Anditwassummer said:

When you get to a certain point in your life, and you are no longer struggling in so many ways (although always in your soul) what do you write about?  I don't know the answer to this for Mika but I will be curious to see the answer.  Maybe back to more storytelling about other people.  But mature work is less driven by the depth of feeling -  the anger, the yearning, the frustration, the alienation - than when you are young and need so much to let out those feelings.   Especially if life has been kind to you.  Of course, if his life comes apart at the seams and he has an early mid life crisis it's a different story.  

Also, for someone who is broadly creative, it makes sense for them to branch out.  And he seems to like to be busy busy busy.  A musical?  I could take twelve of his songs, create a story and a book, and drop them right in now.  A movie?  Why do you think that bit about the time travel was in Casa Mika?  I don't think it was enough of a story or characters to be a film yet, but I do think it was a test run.  Also, he could easily produce a project if he thought it was right for him.  A project about Gregory?  I would adore it.  More than a time travel project. A project about Lebanon?  Really,  can't you guys think so?  I don't think he will stop doing music, but it takes years between songs to live enough to have material unless you are looking back.  He is young for that. 

I spent years in the film industry as a story consultant etc and it was my job to catch things before anyone else.  You had to follow your instincts.  So I am doing that now.   I could be wrong.  But I still bet I am not.  

9 hours ago, Anditwassummer said:

Thank you for all this! :wub2:
It's nice to see someone from the arts community develop these realistic arguments!
That's also what I thought, even if only from a musical point of view, after having gone through his childhood and adolescence, it was time to find something to fill a mature album.

Edited by Loo
  • Like 2