What Can We Do to Make MFC Better?

dcdeb

Hi :bye:

Just reacting to "autotranslating depending on where you live" It would have to be optional. Autotranslating is something that must be used with caution as it's not always accurate nor always needed but for people who already use google translation for MFC it might come in handy.

Indeed the old calendar stuff is still there.

If archiving old threads leads to being unable to find them with google search, it would be a catastrophy....MFC build in engines were always inaccurate and the new version doesn't allow tagging so if you don't know/remember the original tags it's almost impossible to find threads.

If archiving old threads doesn't make them harder to find and read it's not a problem though.

It would be great for newbies and everyone else to have a sticky post with links to most useful threads. But anyone who spends a bit of time here learns to find their way...and asking for help is also the best way to make friends here :thumb_yello: 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Just reacting to "autotranslating depending on where you live" It would have to be optional. Autotranslating is something that must be used with caution as it's not always accurate nor always needed but for people who already use google translation for MFC it might come in handy.

Indeed the old calendar stuff is still there.

If archiving old threads leads to being unable to find them with google search, it would be a catastrophy....MFC build in engines were always inaccurate and the new version doesn't allow tagging so if you don't know/remember the original tags it's almost impossible to find threads.

If archiving old threads doesn't make them harder to find and read it's not a problem though.

It would be great for newbies and everyone else to have a sticky post with links to most useful threads. But anyone who spends a bit of time here learns to find their way...and asking for help is also the best way to make friends here :thumb_yello: 

I use a fairly faithful online translator, and I find that asking for help is actually much more effective than searching for hours.

I've been registered here for a several months and still have a lot of trouble finding what I want, but I learn something new every week, that's good!

For the archiving I find that to make it a thread in its own right would be nice.

It's true that this forum is a huge machine, but it's really fine, since it retraces Mika's "career" and the reactions of her fans over the years (He could almost make his book just by copying pages from here!). :lmfao:

A question I'm wondering about the pictures that have disappeared from all the forums I've been able to visit after the image hosts stopped: Would it be possible to host them differently to avoid further losses in the future?

Edited by Loo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, crazyaboutmika said:

This function would be accurate, unlike google or other translation software. But, I see your point. 

25 minutes ago, Loo said:

A question I'm wondering about the pictures that have disappeared from all the forums I've been able to visit after the image hosts stopped: Would it be possible to host them differently to avoid further losses in the future?

Someone would just have to put them on a website that hosts images that's probably not going to go away for awhile. Like Google. Or people could start actually uploading them to the forum rather than inserting them with a link. 

Edited by cat_loves_mika
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dcdeb said:

And Nina, you said:

The old calendar info should all still be there. If you look at the main calendar page, in the upper left you'll see "All Calendars." Pull down the drop-down menu and select "Mika Gig Archives" then use the "Jump to" feature to the right of that to select the dates you want to see. I think everything is still there. :thumb_yello:

Oh this is brilliant!!!! I totally thought we lost them when the system changed. Thank you so much :flowers2: 

• Like 1

About the pictures: Most have been uploded by the person who took them, so everyone who ever uploaded pix on photobucket and linked them here, would have to re-upload all of them. I'm planning to do that with my pix at some point, but it's not top priority on my long to-do-list... besides, mostly I also posted the links to the whole photobucket album, and that can still be viewed on their website.

In theory, the embedded pix could be replaced by links to the photos, but it's also something that'd have to be done for each photo individually - so re-uploading them would be the better option, then they can be viewed without clicking a link.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 25 gennaio 2018 at 2:20 AM, dcdeb said:

First of all, thank you to everyone who has posted so far! I'm reading and reading. I'll try to reply to some of the comments below. Hope it doesn't get too confusing.

I appreciate your thoughts and agree that we might need to do some image building. As you said, MFC is near and dear to my heart and I certainly don't want people to think badly of it, and will do what I can to make it as good as it can be.

As far as Mika and Team Mika participating in MFC, and also about whether MFC is "OFFICIAL" or not, I wanted to just say a few things for the newer members who might not know:

First of all, MFC IS the official fan club. For anyone who hasn't noticed, there is a link to Mika Fan Club on mikasounds.com. It's in the bottom right corner of every page on that site, so I think it's pretty clear that Mika and his team acknowledge MFC as THE fan club. I know a lot of people think fan clubs are useless and old-fashioned these days, but that's what MFC is, even if it isn't a fan club in the traditional sense of the word.

As for Mika's involvement with the MFC -- well, he pays for hosting this site and he owns the domain mikafanclub.com. His name is on the credit card that's used to pay the bills. :yes:

I work closely with Mika's management team, speaking with them at least once a week. They provide us with most of the prizes that we use for our giveaways. They also help arrange ticket giveaways for concerts and shows where Mika is appearing. They also run Mika's Facebook page and give tickets away there, but we are the only fan site that they work with. They will also arrange meet & greets with Mika occasionally if the time and place allow.

Mika has tweeted to MFC and about MFC a number of times over the years, even if he doesn't do it every day. He is currently following MFC on Instagram. When I've spoken to him directly about the fan club, he's told me that he thinks it's very important and he appreciates everything that we do here for him. Believe me, I wish he would be more public about his support of the MFC, but obviously he can't ignore all his other fans -- many of them don't belong to MFC, so he can't only pay attention to us. :dunno:

Anyhow, just wanted you all to know what the MIKA <-----> MFC connection is. I know some people don't think he really cares about MFC, but I think it's pretty clear that he does.

Siri, I'll reply to all your comments separately, because there are some really serious issues there that we all should talk about. Thanks for your patience!

I'm not sure if this is the right place to talk about this, but, from my experience, sadly I had the feeling that MFC is not the only one having the "power". I try to explain (sorry for eventual mistakes). I had the opportunity to go to "Il Tempo delle Donne" on the 8th September 2017 thanks to MFC, but once there, I discovered that the staff had more than one list for fans of Mika, one was called "Italian Fan Club" or something like that. But how, if MFC is the only official fan club? In the days before that event there were discussions on twitter of people accusing other people for unofficial lists, and I ignored them, because there are always people who talk pointlessly and who love arguing and spread discord, but after that experience I though that they weren't wrong. Even if I am grateful of having been there and finally met some MFCers, I remember that day with a bitter smile. So, if those people weren't wrong about the list, what else weren't they wrong about? Because in the past few years I  remember other discussions (I don't remember precisely about what, because as I said, I prefer avoiding them). I had though that those discussions where related also to MFC, and as Siri said, it's not good for the name of MFC

On 24 gennaio 2018 at 1:41 AM, Siri said:

That's complicate.

I'm trying to tell what I felt/understood in the past 3 years, as an external person before, and then as a member. I don't know how or if this could help, as is not only about the site itself, but about the FC in general.

I hope not to be misunderstood, but I'm going to be frank.

I honestly didn't want to sign up at first. I read on the net about bad behaviours from people from MFC, and that on the site everybody act like friends, and then in person they treat you very badly.

As I continued using MFC as a visitor, I considered joining anyway, because that would have offered me those advantages you said, from M&Gs to tickets; but if it hadn't been free, I would never had signed up.

The situation is strange... I care about MFC and I'm grateful because it gave me the opportunity to meet and become friend with some very nice people. But on the other hand, there's this feeling of something not totally ok, not totally clear.

EDIT:

I was writing another thing and than found that Siri already said it:

10 hours ago, Siri said:

Ok, that explains lot of things. I agree with the money issue; I've seen ppl collecting money not knowing what they was for, and ended up with an horrible gift. 
I was referring to special events like the cake for the ending of SCM recordings. But that implies money and short notice.

The thing is that I would expect the Official FC organize this sort of things, collecting money from memebers who are going, and maybe external ppl too if they want, leaving in any case the "event" free. I would expect everybody knows the FC is organizing this in a transparent way, and decide whether participating or not, knowing that IT IS NOT a M&G, and Mika not supposed to stop (he is free to do what he wants).

Instead the whole thing was organized by some small groups, maybe because they know those restrictions (with SCM you had very short advice) as they are mostly MFCers and Reps too. But then why Reps from countries where those events take palce have no authority to organize/collect money? I thought having Reps in every country was useful in that way, having somebody "on the field".
In that way the organisation was sort of "secret", ppl who payed think they have Mika's exclusive or preference (fortunately he doesn't do preferences between fans) and the FC was forced to "apologize" with other fans for not having organized that and not having let them know.

I'm talking about SCM, but it's only an example, it's the same for other nations Reps and events.

I agree and don't understand why the party at the end of CasaMika wasn't organised by MFC, it would have been a great opportunity! I wasn't there, but if there were some of the reps, if they organised it, it could have been extended (or better, organized) by MFC itself. I say this because, in the end, some groups always organise something: why not combine the energies?

Edited by Ele.Magna
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, Ele.Magna said:

I'm not sure if this is the right place to talk about this, but, from my experience, sadly I had the feeling that MFC is not the only one having the "power". I try to explain (sorry for eventual mistakes). I had the opportunity to go to "Il Tempo delle Donne" on the 8th September 2017 thanks to MFC, but once there, I discovered that the staff had more than one list for fans of Mika, one was called "Italian Fan Club" or something like that. But how, if MFC is the only official fan club? In the days before that event there were discussions on twitter of people accusing other people for unofficial lists, and I ignored them, because there are always people who talk pointlessly and who love arguing and spread discord, but after that experience I though that they weren't wrong. Even if I am grateful of having been there and finally met some MFCers, I remember that day with a bitter smile. So, if those people weren't wrong about the list, what else weren't they wrong about? Because in the past few years I  remember other discussions (I don't remember precisely about what, because as I said, I prefer avoiding them). I had though that those discussions where related also to MFC, and as Siri said, it's not good for the name of MFC

The situation is strange... I care about MFC and I'm grateful because it gave me the opportunity to meet and become friend with some very nice people. But on the other hand, there's this feeling of something not totally ok, not totally clear.

EDIT:

I agree and don't understand why the party at the end of CasaMika wasn't organised by MFC, it would have been a great opportunity! I wasn't there, but if there were some of the reps, if they organised it, it could have been extended (or better, organized) by MFC itself. I say this because, in the end, some groups always organise something: why not combine the energies?

of course there are many different groups everywhere, groups of people who are close friends meeting very often, some of them are also members of MFC but don´t see MFC as important as we do and some are not members. These groups plan of course doing things together, meetings, parties and yes they also plan gifts together as a group and they don´t want to involve MFC in everything and I´m sure it´s not the business of MFC to forbid anyone to plan and make Mika gifts ( would you allow anyone to forbid you making a gift?)  or other surprises like this group did for the last CM recording. I´m not sure if MFC did know about the plans as it .

I don´t know how much Guilio or the Italian label is involved in the Italian Mikafans ( when I remember right in 2012 for the secret prelistening of TOOL MFC got places and there were two more guestlists made by the label ). All I can say is whenever I go to Italy for any event I get a lot of help from Italian MFC´iers and I always have a good time with them. Same for all my times in France. 

I think we as MFC did so many wonderful projects for Mika and I don´t see the need to be involved in everything what happens anywhere.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Loo said:

I use a fairly faithful online translator, and I find that asking for help is actually much more effective than searching for hours.

I've been registered here for a several months and still have a lot of trouble finding what I want, but I learn something new every week, that's good!

For the archiving I find that to make it a thread in its own right would be nice.

It's true that this forum is a huge machine, but it's really fine, since it retraces Mika's "career" and the reactions of her fans over the years (He could almost make his book just by copying pages from here!). :lmfao:

Well pics that used to be hosted by the first version of the forum were lost with the moves. And back then MFC couldn't host many pics so we had to link them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Well pics that used to be hosted by the first version of the forum were lost with the moves. And back then MFC couldn't host many pics so we had to link them. 

The only way I can think is integrating better image hosting in the forum itself to prevent future losses. Its just difficult to tell everyone who would be posting images to do it a certain way. Someone might be willing to archive all gig images posted, but that's a lot of work. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, cat_loves_mika said:

The only way I can think is integrating better image hosting in the forum itself to prevent future losses. Its just difficult to tell everyone who would be posting images to do it a certain way. Someone might be willing to archive all gig images posted, but that's a lot of work. 

I think it's that way now.

So this is a small example of the kind of meme  I am talking about.  A little info, sometimes a lyric, but all intended to intrigue or inspire or garner a strong reaction.  Same format but with different colors or fonts.  These were knocked off fast using just lyrics and the Giffoni interview.  But I can tell you if you don't hit the nail on the head, there is a ton of material.   I don't have great programs, but they make the point.  Where to put them?  Another question if anyone even likes the idea.  These are all square frames, don't know happened with the Say Goodbye one, but I don't love it anyway. It's too on the nose.  

3C0C3F0A-60AB-40DD-8992-FD546396D75C.thumb.jpeg.d763b50699ab22b2830dabc9609b021f.jpeg

A74F6BA2-BB6F-490B-BBE3-6E517184DA0A.jpeg

4A309A74-4985-464E-950C-B05DD77B5375.jpeg

955F85F3-191C-4CFC-AD60-00569351E760.jpeg

19F940FA-A37E-42EC-B283-F00EFD073ECC.jpeg

D1158E67-2589-48AF-BBD0-3B69D749B218.jpeg

B917310A-E91B-4AA8-8BE3-4FEF2BC9203A.jpeg

Edited by Anditwassummer
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Anditwassummer said:

So this is a small example of the kind of meme  I am talking about.  A little info, sometimes a lyric, but all intended to intrigue or inspire or garner a strong reaction.  Same format but with different colors or fonts.  These were knocked off fast using just lyrics and the Giffoni interview.  But I can tell you if you don't hit the nail on the head, there is a ton of material.   I don't have great programs, but they make the point.  Where to put them?  Another question if anyone even likes the idea.  These are all square frames, don't know happened with the Say Goodbye one, but I don't love it anyway. It's too on the nose.  

3C0C3F0A-60AB-40DD-8992-FD546396D75C.thumb.jpeg.d763b50699ab22b2830dabc9609b021f.jpeg

A74F6BA2-BB6F-490B-BBE3-6E517184DA0A.jpeg

4A309A74-4985-464E-950C-B05DD77B5375.jpeg

955F85F3-191C-4CFC-AD60-00569351E760.jpeg

19F940FA-A37E-42EC-B283-F00EFD073ECC.jpeg

D1158E67-2589-48AF-BBD0-3B69D749B218.jpeg

B917310A-E91B-4AA8-8BE3-4FEF2BC9203A.jpeg

The last pic here really hits me in the stomach :tears: I can't imagine a more fitting MIKA lyric for this pic, our good guy with what could be  his "relatives" -  the Syrian refugees ;) Among all his fab. songs,  "AOW" is still one of the very best, imo.  I'm really not the person to come here and suggest changes and  improvement for the MFC :shocked: As you may have noticed I'm a very simple user, but in spite of that, I'm extremely happy and thankful to everybody behind this forum.  In MFC I feel I get all I need,  to follow MIKA closely - and I drop in almost daily :blush-anim-cl:   So thanks a million to everybody,  for making this such a great place to be, for an -  in every meaning of the word - old MIKA fan :flowers2: I'm deeply, and for ever,  grateful :fangurl: 

You're all priceless...:hug::wub:

Love, love

me   

• Like 9

On ‎28‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 9:17 PM, dcdeb said:

As for the yearbook -- believe me, I have asked his team at least once a week since I sent it to them, and they keep telling me that he'll get it soon, he'll get it soon. :mad3: I know Mika has seen the cover, but I think because he has been traveling around so much the last few months, they haven't been able to get the yearbook to him physically. I spoke to his team about it again on Friday and they told me, again, that he knows it's coming, and that now that he is in one place for more than a few days they will be able to finally get it to him. It is as frustrating to me as it is for you all, because I spent a bit of money having the thing express-mailed to me, then express-shipped to them... only to have to wait for a couple months for him to actually receive it. :(

Don't worry ,I'm sure you did your best and guess it may be quite frustrating for you too ...:wink2:

For sure it's probably also difficult for his team to cope with somebody who's always out of a suitcase....:wink2:

But I think it's important for the fans ,especialy the ones who can't travel , to know how the projects are appreciated 

• Like 6

i was looking at what shows up before i log in....

"Welcome!

:welcomeani:

We're happy to have you here at MikaFanClub.com! Please considering registering to be a full-fledged MFC member. Registration is simple, fast and FREE! Once you're logged in to the forums as a member, you'll be able to read special member-only sections of the site, where we often list our ticket giveaways and competitions!

Enjoy your visit here, and if you have any questions, feel free to send a message to the Mod Team at mfc.register@gmail.com!"

Perhaps something about this message can be changed to encourage people to join? Like it makes no mention of Mika's Attributes and Mika Media sections (and they don't show up like the Members Chat and MFC exclusives sections do, at least i didn't see them) so someone who doesn't sign up would never know all they're missing. 

Also maybe put at least some of the message in other languages? Looking at the list of forum sections i saw nothing about other languages until waaaay down to the international members section. Seems like that could definitely discourage people. If nothing else, "welcome" could be in a few languages like Italian, French, Korean just to show we're open to non-English speaking folks.

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 6

I read some replies from this thread and I want to explain my point of view.
Maybe I'll repeat the same things a others, maybe I'll do grammatic mistakes so please forgive me.  
In my opinion, the website works quite good (except for the searching bar) but lot of people asked me help for the registration because they  didn't understand what they had to do.
An app will be really useful, but I don't know if it's possible to project.
I think translating the whole website is unecessary (I mean, it will be really complicated! We came from all around the world!), but the translation of the Sign Up page will be useful for newbies.
For the graphic, I don't know the tecnical instructions, but it will be great if we collaborate for introducing a new design, following the restriction given from Mika's staff. I think that the aesthetic is important, especially for the home page.
For the visibility of the fanclub, I have some ideas.
I thought about social media, probably the best way to communicate with other people. 
I think that the post on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram have to be more organized and more recognisable.
I quickly made these logos (of course these are examples, if you'll like the idea I'll made better ones) for showing you better my idea.
If the MFC get some tickets for seeing Mika, the administrator of MFC's Instagram  account can post a photo with the logo on the corner and write: "We have some tickets for Mika's gig! Sign In and try to win them!" And then repost on the other social (like Mika does on Twitter with his Instagram posts)
I think this could be done with anniversary competition, updates, Fanart Friday, MFC subtitling team videos,  excetera.
If you want help with the editing of photos, I will take you a hand gladly.
I have a Mika's Instagram fanpage and I love spending my free time drawing on Mika's photos, and I see that  most of people appreciate it, and I'm really happy for that.
Changing the subject, MFC merchandise will also help for the same target.
I bought a badge on Zazzle and I love to put it on my backpack during concerts or events. I think that you could extend PicsArt_01-31-07_27_27.thumb.jpg.3d9e1ae4ee8ca05c46c12f09fc8cc9c3.jpgthe offer of products (always on Zazzle, or on a different website), for example creating design for mugs, T-shirts...I can also help with that type of graphic if you want.
I think that's all, thanks for the attention  :blush-anim-cl:PicsArt_01-31-07_27_00.thumb.jpg.59396a7cc28f4d2b17270bc4bdbefe4b.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, kreacher said:

i was looking at what shows up before i log in....

"Welcome!

:welcomeani:

We're happy to have you here at MikaFanClub.com! Please considering registering to be a full-fledged MFC member. Registration is simple, fast and FREE! Once you're logged in to the forums as a member, you'll be able to read special member-only sections of the site, where we often list our ticket giveaways and competitions!

Enjoy your visit here, and if you have any questions, feel free to send a message to the Mod Team at mfc.register@gmail.com!"

Perhaps something about this message can be changed to encourage people to join? Like it makes no mention of Mika's Attributes and Mika Media sections (and they don't show up like the Members Chat and MFC exclusives sections do, at least i didn't see them) so someone who doesn't sign up would never know all they're missing. 

Also maybe put at least some of the message in other languages? Looking at the list of forum sections i saw nothing about other languages until waaaay down to the international members section. Seems like that could definitely discourage people. If nothing else, "welcome" could be in a few languages like Italian, French, Korean just to show we're open to non-English speaking folks.

Sorry but this caught my eyes:

I believe it's a typo as it should read consider 

Also mentioning translated videos might  lead more people to join

• Like 3

It looks great!

I have a small issue with the set up now, I'm not sure why it's not showing up on your browser and not mine.

5a726e8d2f874_ScreenShot2018-01-31at8_26_43PM.thumb.png.dce6d50b0c057a8b01d33a663d47a00e.png

At the top of the page, its a light teal/blue. So I can hardly see the white words and icons in the top right corner on the page. 

Edit: Wow, that was fixed fast. Looks good to me now!

Edited by cat_loves_mika
  • Like 1

On 28/01/2018 at 9:17 PM, dcdeb said:

I believe we can archive old posts, but if I understand correctly, when we do a search on the forums, the archived posts will not be included in the search. That seems to defeat the purpose of the search to me, which is why I haven't archived anything since we moved sites. I'll double-check with our Tech Support people to get some clarification on this.

As for the yearbook -- believe me, I have asked his team at least once a week since I sent it to them, and they keep telling me that he'll get it soon, he'll get it soon. :mad3: I know Mika has seen the cover, but I think because he has been traveling around so much the last few months, they haven't been able to get the yearbook to him physically. I spoke to his team about it again on Friday and they told me, again, that he knows it's coming, and that now that he is in one place for more than a few days they will be able to finally get it to him. It is as frustrating to me as it is for you all, because I spent a bit of money having the thing express-mailed to me, then express-shipped to them... only to have to wait for a couple months for him to actually receive it. :(

I hear you. Keep throwing out ideas -- we'll play around with things and see what works best. We are a bit restricted with the forum format, but I'll look to see what other sort of modules are available with this software and see what we can come up with. :thumb_yello:

Indeed don't archive if that means old threads won't be included in the search :thumb_yello: Our old threads are goldmines :wub2: 

We know you always do the very best regarding the yearbooks deliveries to Mika and we are so thankful when we can watch a video of him getting it, but when life gets in the way, even all the best will in the world can't fight it. :hug: 

• Like 2

On 1/30/2018 at 4:37 PM, Ele.Magna said:

I'm not sure if this is the right place to talk about this, but, from my experience, sadly I had the feeling that MFC is not the only one having the "power". I try to explain (sorry for eventual mistakes). I had the opportunity to go to "Il Tempo delle Donne" on the 8th September 2017 thanks to MFC, but once there, I discovered that the staff had more than one list for fans of Mika, one was called "Italian Fan Club" or something like that. But how, if MFC is the only official fan club? In the days before that event there were discussions on twitter of people accusing other people for unofficial lists, and I ignored them, because there are always people who talk pointlessly and who love arguing and spread discord, but after that experience I though that they weren't wrong. Even if I am grateful of having been there and finally met some MFCers, I remember that day with a bitter smile. So, if those people weren't wrong about the list, what else weren't they wrong about? Because in the past few years I  remember other discussions (I don't remember precisely about what, because as I said, I prefer avoiding them). I had though that those discussions where related also to MFC, and as Siri said, it's not good for the name of MFC.

EDIT:

Well, the record label in Italy does handle a lot of things, and Mika's Facebook page is separate from MFC, but we all frequently coordinate on things like contests and tickets to TV shows. For example, for Stasera Casa Mika, there were several lists of people getting tickets -- fans from Mika's FB page, MFC and fans from the Italian production company -- but each group coordinated with the other. But sometimes it happens that some group may get around the formal, organized channels -- it isn't a perfect world, and sometimes there are communications breakdowns. :dunno: I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but I hope that in the future you'll have happier memories.

As for the party after Stasera Casa Mika -- MFC did not plan anything because there had just been a big MFC party in Milan a few weeks beforehand.

6 hours ago, ottimistaaccidentale said:

For the graphic, I don't know the tecnical instructions, but it will be great if we collaborate for introducing a new design, following the restriction given from Mika's staff. I think that the aesthetic is important, especially for the home page.
For the visibility of the fanclub, I have some ideas.
I thought about social media, probably the best way to communicate with other people. 
I think that the post on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram have to be more organized and more recognisable.
I quickly made these logos (of course these are examples, if you'll like the idea I'll made better ones) for showing you better my idea.
If the MFC get some tickets for seeing Mika, the administrator of MFC's Instagram  account can post a photo with the logo on the corner and write: "We have some tickets for Mika's gig! Sign In and try to win them!" And then repost on the other social (like Mika does on Twitter with his Instagram posts)
I think this could be done with anniversary competition, updates, Fanart Friday, MFC subtitling team videos,  excetera.
If you want help with the editing of photos, I will take you a hand gladly.
I have a Mika's Instagram fanpage and I love spending my free time drawing on Mika's photos, and I see that  most of people appreciate it, and I'm really happy for that.
Changing the subject, MFC merchandise will also help for the same target.
I bought a badge on Zazzle and I love to put it on my backpack during concerts or events. I think that you could extend PicsArt_01-31-07_27_27.thumb.jpg.3d9e1ae4ee8ca05c46c12f09fc8cc9c3.jpgthe offer of products (always on Zazzle, or on a different website), for example creating design for mugs, T-shirts...I can also help with that type of graphic if you want.
I think that's all, thanks for the attention  :blush-anim-cl:PicsArt_01-31-07_27_00.thumb.jpg.59396a7cc28f4d2b17270bc4bdbefe4b.jpg

I think your ideas for coming up with some standard logos to help promote the MFC -- for Fan Art Friday, for Ticket Giveaways, etc. -- is great, and I think we ought to try to come up with some graphics for that. :thumb_yello:

I expect that when Mika has the new record ready, they'll be updating his website with a new look and graphics, too. I don't want to spend a lot of time and effort trying to redesign our current look now, when I think it will probably change again by the end of the year. But we can certainly make some small changes here and there while we wait.

About merchandise: We used to have a variety of MFC merchandise on both Zazzle and CafePress. T-shirts, mugs, keyrings, tote bags. But they took it down saying we were infringing on Mika's copyright. I tried to explain that we were the official fan club, etc. etc., and asked Mika's people if they could help, but they said they also had had problems with Zazzle about other things. :(  In the end, they let us keep the buttons but took everything else down. I could try again and see if we have better luck now, since it's been a few years. :dunno: 

3 minutes ago, cat_loves_mika said:

It looks great!

I have a small issue with the set up now, I'm not sure why it's not showing up on your browser and not mine.

5a726e8d2f874_ScreenShot2018-01-31at8_26_43PM.thumb.png.dce6d50b0c057a8b01d33a663d47a00e.png

At the top of the page, its a light teal/blue. So I can hardly see the white words and icons in the top right corner on the page. 

Yes, I noticed that and changed it again. I'm still tweaking so it may be different again the next time you look at it. ;)

In addition to changing the home page, you'll see that I added a section called "Our Picks" which allows us to highlight topics or images. We can change that frequently to keep the homepage fresh.

Also I enabled the blog module -- I don't have that completely set up yet, I'm still testing it, but look for that soon.

Finally, I enabled Facebook login -- you can now login to MFC from your FB account. You can link your FB account to your MFC account pretty easily. Go into your MFC Account Settings and in the left column near the bottom you'll see the option to link your Facebook account. It works great!

I'm still sifting through a lot of other information, trying to figure out what other functions this software has that could be useful for us. Still no chat available, but I'll keep looking for some external add-on.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4