Mika inspires me because...

teenagedreamer98

Hi folks!  I'm writing an article on Mika for college and was wondering if some of you could help me out.

The article is about why Mika is a wonderful role model and an inspiration to others.  I would love to write about the many positive impacts Mika has had on his fans, and how they have changed since becoming a fan.  So how has Mika inspired YOU?  Have you grown more positive?  Confident?  Changed your viewpoint in any way?

Any thoughts would be appreciated, so feel free to comment below how Mika inspires you!

• Like 1

O.K., let me tell you. Before I found out about Mika my life was in different shades of grey, I was in a hamster wheel and on my way to a big life crises because my life was everything I didn´t expected when I was younger. I grew up very protected and so I was afraid of nearly everything and never really never travelled without my parents or my husband..........

Mika brought so much colour into my life with his music and his personality. I started to learn using internet, I started to refreshmy English which I didn´t use for 26 years until I joined MFC, I started to learn French because I want to understand what happens around me when I am in France for gigs, I started to travel alone and grew with every tripp I did because of Mika, I found many wonderful friends thanks to him. So I can say my life changed a lot since I stumbled about Mika and I´m really happy now.

Is this helpful for you? :wink2:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Sabine64 said:

O.K., let me tell you. Before I found out about Mika my life was in different shades of grey, I was in a hamster wheel and on my way to a big life crises because my life was everything I didn´t expected when I was younger. I grew up very protected and so I was afraid of nearly everything and never really never travelled without my parents or my husband..........

Mika brought so much colour into my life with his music and his personality. I started to learn using internet, I started to refreshmy English which I didn´t use for 26 years until I joined MFC, I started to learn French because I want to understand what happens around me when I am in France for gigs, I started to travel alone and grew with every tripp I did because of Mika, I found many wonderful friends thanks to him. So I can say my life changed a lot since I stumbled about Mika and I´m really happy now.

Is this helpful for you? :wink2:

Thanks for your response.  I love reading about how Mika has influenced people, will be great to mention this in my article :)

• Like 1

The only thing I can say is that when I heard Mika's song for the first time I felt like it was something right to do. I heard in his music the truth and even if it was very sad or brutal sometimes, it was so realtable to my life somehow. Everyone from time to time needs to hide behind characters. Everyone needs to be understood. And finally everyone needs a hero who actually is not a hero but one of us, who feels just like us, who thinks like us. Someone who's making music somewhere in the corner of the world and spreading hope and courage to people who won't dare to reach for their happiness. Even if just some of them will break through the walls they build around themselves it would be a huge success of our hero from the corner of the world.

I hope I helped somehow and it's not to late :wink2:

Edited by Dominika
  • Like 3

My story is much the same as Sabine's.

Because of Mika I started using the internet, got a digital camera, a mobile phone - I was quite a technophobe before.  And I started going to gigs when I had thought I was too old for such things :doh:. I travelled to gigs all over the UK, made lots of friends, and as I became more and more involved with the MFC started doing all sorts of things I would never have been confident enough to do before (like helping to organise the 5th anniversary party, booking the venue and negotiating hotel rates, etc).  And now I help with the yearbook too.

So Mika has certainly brought a lot into my life, and helping with the MFC is my way of thanking him for the gift of his music.

• Like 4

Man, Mika has been a great inspiration for me. His music helps/helped me to be more confident in my self which I haven't been for a while. He inspires me to make more of myself and to not just hide in the shadows. He inspired me to be proud of who I am and that I shouldn't let anyone bring me down. Mika's music also lead me to being more open to things like the LGBTQ+ community.

I know this isn't long but this all comes from the heart. :blush-anim-cl:

• Like 4

Mika inspires me because it reminds me that being exceptional is not a fault.

He taught me to always believe in life, even though hardships are hard to pass. Thanks to Mika, I live fully joy. He came through his music in a difficult time of my life. I must thank him for this support. He has earned a special place in my life.

He finally taught me that everyone can be accepted and have a place somewhere, despite its différences.

Thank you for opportunity to confess us about Mika's passion :thumb_yello:

And thank you Mika for everything you brought me :wub2:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ysara 22 said:

Mika inspires me because it reminds me that being exceptional is not a fault.

He finally taught me that everyone can be accepted and have a place somewhere, despite its différences.

It's so true!  :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

Bonjour @ teenagedreamer98 !

I hope it's not too late... 

Since I know Mika, I love English and i progress faster. 

Furthmore, Mika inspires me a lot... 

I like his way of thinking and his philosophy. So, I take exemple. 

Also Thanks to him, I am more self-confidence and i am proud to be different. :wink2:

He made me discover full of thinks and i have I could increased my general knowledge. 

• Like 1