New Album this year?

tevje

Hello fellow MIKA lovers.

As we have seen during his past album releases

The Boy Who Knew To Much - 2009

Origin of Love - 2012

No Place in Heaven - 2015

It have been 3 years in between 3 out of 4 of his official albums. Does anyone think he will release one this year, or is he completely done with producing music? And in that case, what does his record company think of that? And if he releases an album, the record label do require him to do some concerts right? Saw on of MIKAs episodes from his italian TV show 'Casa Mika' or something that he said he was a former 'music artist' in one of the Taxi driver episodes.

Would appreciate any kinds of answers to these questions.

Love you all ❤

8 hours ago, tevje said:

Hello fellow MIKA lovers.

As we have seen during his past album releases

The Boy Who Knew To Much - 2009

Origin of Love - 2012

No Place in Heaven - 2015

It have been 3 years in between 3 out of 4 of his official albums. Does anyone think he will release one this year, or is he completely done with producing music? And in that case, what does his record company think of that? And if he releases an album, the record label do require him to do some concerts right? Saw on of MIKAs episodes from his italian TV show 'Casa Mika' or something that he said he was a former 'music artist' in one of the Taxi driver episodes.

Would appreciate any kinds of answers to these questions.

Love you all ❤

Hello!
 Mika is currently writing and recording his next album, but he said he would release EPs first before the full album.
 The concerts will certainly follow afterwards!

He's right on schedule as you calculated! :biggrin2:

Edited by Loo
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, tevje said:

what does his record company think of that?

I think he autoproduces his albums since TOOL, please anybody correct me if I'm wrong, I don't really know how this kind of things works :dunno:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Loo said:

Hello!
 Mika is currently writing and recording his next album, but he said he would release EPs first before the full album.
 The concerts will certainly follow afterwards!

He's right on schedule as you calculated! :biggrin2:

he said he would release an EP end of 2017 and this didn´t happen. So I think he changed plans and will release the complete album when it is finished end of 2018 or beginning 2019

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Siri said:

I think he autoproduces his albums since TOOL, please anybody correct me if I'm wrong, I don't really know how this kind of things works :dunno:

he still has a contract with Universal who will sell his albums. But as far as I have understood he has to pay for many things himself like production, videos and promotion, on the other hand Universal can´t tell him what to do.......

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Thank you guys! I appreciate the answers! I am very exciting over where his concerts would be. I am turning 18 in June and would travel litterally anywhere to watch any of his concerts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, tevje said:

Thank you guys! I appreciate the answers! I am very exciting over where his concerts would be. I am turning 18 in June and would travel litterally anywhere to watch any of his concerts.

I´m sure you will have good chances to see him in France and Italy. 

• Like 1

On 10/4/2018 at 9:45 AM, Olivia14 said:

I really hope he comes to the uk, he’s so popular in Italy and France we never see himI’m so excited for a new album even if it does come out in 2019.

I'm hoping the album, after summer or the end of the year. We'll see...:crossed:

• Like 1

On 4/5/2018 at 7:20 PM, tevje said:

Finally another person from Norway on this forum - great! :thumb_yello: :blush-anim-cl: I think you'll  get to know in due time, when and where MIKAs next concerts will take place, if you visit the MFC regularly :wink2: And YES - his concerts are well worth travelling...:fisch::wub2:

Love, love

me

• Like 3

Last news: album at the end of the year; tour in 2019 and surprise this summer! :wink2:

Source: MIKA in The Voice 21/04/2018.

Edited by Loo
  • Like 3

On 4/22/2018 at 9:22 AM, Loo said:

Last news: album at the end of the year; tour in 2019 and surprise this summer! :wink2:

Source: MIKA in The Voice 21/04/2018.

Well, we'll see...

I hope the surprise is for ALL his fans. 

Edit:  As I  suspected, the surprise is not for ALL his fans. :no: 

Edited by Mikasister
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Olivia14 said:

I’m so excited for a new album I can hardly wait!

Unfortunately where Mika is concerned, waiting is something you have to be very good at :naughty:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• 1 month later...

Omg guys that really sounds exciting, you have been warned XD

"-So you are making an album every 3 years, is the next one in 2018 ?

-It's not just about the way to release an album, you are right, every 2 years and a half 3 years... At the moment I'm nearly done with the writing and I'm starting the production. It's good 'cause tells who I am today and mostly the person I'd like to become. But it's over now, I'm 35, we're not kidding anymore! We gotta decide who we are. Exactly, it starts in 2018 and it will continue in 2019."

That's really exciting !!!! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

In the video he says that it will begin towards the end of 2018 and that it will continue in 2019... 

The interview is a very good one though... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, frenchfan84 said:

-It's not just about the way to release an album, you are right, every 2 years and a half 3 years... At the moment I'm nearly done with the writing and I'm starting the production. It's good 'cause tells who I am today and mostly the person I'd like to become. But it's over now, I'm 35, we're not kidding anymore! We gotta decide who we are. Exactly, it starts in 2018 and it will continue in 2019." 

Thanks a million @frenchfan84

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, frenchfan84 said:

Yes, this part (so important for fans) was missing in the written version of the interview. Thank you very much for adding it :huglove:

• Like 1

On 6/2/2018 at 12:33 PM, frenchfan84 said:

In the video he says that it will begin towards the end of 2018 and that it will continue in 2019... 

The interview is a very good one though... 

:thumb_yello: Thanks a lot Deborah! :hug: MIKA follows schedule for releasing his next album - very good!! :fangurl:

Love, love

me

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've just known that jessie j made an album of 4 Eps released 22/23/24/25 May, and each one contains 4 songs, what if Mika is gonna do the same with his record company, especialy that he talked about an Ep and then said that it will start by the end of this year.

Reflexions, just by curiosity 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2018 at 11:28 AM, frenchfan84 said:

Yay! Thanks for the update on the new album everyone.I am so excited I can’t breathe.:dance_man: